Dolphin Tail Mufflers

What’s the point? I’m not a fan of giant fartboxes (a pair of two smaller pipes is better), but a dolphin tail just seems like the worst of all worlds.
>looks bad
>is smaller/flows less because it has an angle
>sounds ??
Car arrives Fri/Sat so I wonder if I should put a simple titanium on in its place and save ~30lbs at the same time.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's a white thing you wouldn't get it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

white peope sound lame

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i thought it was to hide the pipe under the bumper ive never seen an exposed one

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bad
    that's just like you're opinion man
    >>is smaller/flows less because it has an angle
    That's like a 3inch outlet how is that hurting flow?
    ??
    Louder since it's reflecting the sound waves off of the ground.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're for noise regs at Jap tracks bro, wouldn't be surprised if the average car bro over there throws them on the build too to rep even if they've never tracked. good luck with your shitbox and I swear if it doesn't have a 13B or you take the 13B out I will mail 3-week old Taco Bell I left in the sun to your house.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because racecar

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the exhaust is the anus of the car

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bad
    False, they look good, see any rotary car
    Also false, it doesn't have any impact on flow
    ??
    A valid reason rests here. On some tracks with noise limits, a downward pointing exhaust can cheat the noise sensors.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not OP but my RX-7 came stock with standard pipes, not the econoshit looking down pointed ones

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

FD3S + dolphin tail

Name a more iconic duo

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>but a dolphin tail just seems like the worst of all worlds.
    shits classic, little wrenchlet. Nice FD though god damn you're the most based ricer on the board rn.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It arrives Saturday. Super pumped.

bad
      False, they look good, see any rotary car
      Also false, it doesn't have any impact on flow
      ??
      A valid reason rests here. On some tracks with noise limits, a downward pointing exhaust can cheat the noise sensors.

Track noise makes sense. For the airflow, any bend reduces flowrate (although admittedly this isn't going to matter here).

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>any bend reduces flowrate
        It doesn't reduce shit, the bend is mild and is at the end of the exhaust so it doesn't matter at all.
        There's more aggressive bends in the rest of the exhaust and even those don't make any notable restriction.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>any bend reduces flowrate
        This isn't even remotely true in practice unless the bend is aggressive and sharp enough to cause a ridiculous amount of turbulence, which that isn't.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What the frick is this shit?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Curb feeler

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it’s part of the frick-huge rear diffuser. Don’t blame me, I didn’t do it. Could probably sell it to some ricer and put a stock rear bumper back on. I only bought it because it’s dirt-cheap and has a pristine interior. Exterior also looks pristine, but fugly.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>sell it to some ricer
        Maybe to the PO. Do a full inspection and all fluids. That thing's been beat to shit.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It’s an automatic and only has like 26,000 miles (could be a fale odometer). It looks like a show car the shop built to demo to customers (found it on their google page and it has a lot of wasteful mods that no one in their right mind would do before a transmission swap).
          I generally do all fluids whenever buying a new car, but I’m not too worried. Car has to get the shaken inspection anyway (should be fun).

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>shaken inspection
            That can't be done prior to purchase?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If the previous owner did it, you can carry it over for the remaining period. This was on its way to an export auction though so it looks like it has lapsed and will need to be renewed.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Here's a view of the same diffuser on another rx-7. I believe most/all the aero is their own autocraft stuff.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wish I had thought of this before melting my rear bumper with an aftermarket exhaust.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *