>drive 90s car. >Pass guy in new car. >He speeds up and passes me

>drive 90s car
>Pass guy in new car
>He speeds up and passes me
What is it about old shit boxes that makes people race you? My car is probably slower than yours i know lol

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It depends on the car. If you're in a barge they're going to assume that you're going to be slow and they want to get ahead of you rather than get stuck behind you in traffic. If you're in an old muscle car they're trying to race you.

In your instance they're probably just trying to pass you because most people line up next to you for a countdown if you're actually doing a rolling start. If your car is 70's or older most people don't even try to race you anyway because they assume you're a based croozer (probably true) that's not trying to do that shit anyway.

• 2 months ago
      s10fag

>getting passed
      >"oh no im going to get stuck behind this car already going faster than me"

do normies really?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

yes
        >then the brake lights come on and proceeds to slow right down
        >for a gentle, sweeping curve

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>cruise at fixed speed on semi rural four lane road
    >come up to some minivan, 90s honda odyssey?
    >when his front bumper is at my B pillar he speeds up and drives off
    >catch up to him within a minute still cruising
    >when i get close to him he speeds up and drives off again
    >repeat this 5x before he finally fricks off into a side street
    wtf?
    on a somewhat related note, an annoying thing about driving an older car on mountain roads is when you try to pass someone when it's clear, then they try racing you until they slow down at the next gentle curve while you just maintain speed and leave them behind

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>when you try to pass someone when it's clear, then they try racing you until they slow down at the next gentle curve while you just maintain speed and leave them behind

This is a problem in a brand new WRX. buttholes with 400hp pickups will go 50 MPH till you move to pass and they will floor it up to 90. The trick is to hang back a ways and build speed so you pass him at 100 mph before he knows to accelerate

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>me in my chally wally just trying to go anywhere
        >move into left lane to drive around slowpoke, planning to get back in that lane to make a right turn in a mile
        >slowpoke thinks im racing him and accelerates
        >until we're doing 80+ in a 45
        >shave him off with another right lane slowgay and get over to take my turn
        >he goes flying past at a gorrillion miles an hour
        >its always some piece of shit korean car

they jelly

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

a fellow slingshot enjoyer. have had to do this to some frickwits on some rural roads. had one guy absolutely seethe, honked the horn and tried to intimidate me by veering into my lane as I flew past but he was too chickenshit to go more than 10 over. just stuck a sarcastic thumbs up out the window as I got away

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>be me
    >drive my shitty e46 330ci on the autobahn
    >just cruising
    >driving the "richtgeschwindigkeit"
    >passing lories as I go
    >autobahn widens from two right lanes to three
    >pass anther lorry
    >see that someone is approaching from the back while I overtake
    >cool 190e with some very shitty big chrome wheels
    >move back to the right lane after I passed the lorry
    >the mercedes passes me
    >gt86 that was behind it also passes me
    >both of them drive in front of me now
    >a few seconds later an e36 also passes me
    >still crusing
    >all of them are still in front of me since they haven't speed up after passing me
    >gt86 driver want to race me and moves from the very right lane to the very left lane
    >I move from the right lane to the middle lane
    >we both drive arround 120 next to each other
    >he honks his horn three times and we both floor our cars
    >I pass him and he can't keep up
    >I go back to crusing after I can barely see him in my mirrors
    >all of them overtake me three minutes later again
    Is the gt86 really this slow?

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My 30 year old shitbox has no trouble comfortably getting up to 140 at which point the pedantic ninny who insists on passing me at 94 because I passed him at 92 will back off, 10/10 times.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>drive 90s mercedes
    >get tailgated by modern BMW subhumans

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That has nothing to do with your car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

This. That is just how the average BMW driver acts.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Because some slowgay is doing a rolling roadblock

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I wouldn't call driving 60 km/h in a 50 zone being a road block. But I'm also a normal person and not a BMW driver.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah you're a rolling roadblock, you need to go faster or move over for the BMWs

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Is your name also geoff perchance and you have a bluetooth headset and sunglasses on everytime you drive?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No. I dont talk while im driving. On a really good drive I lose awareness of being a human and I am the car and even being an old poorly maintained BMW running free is better than being a human stuck in traffic with a sad car that wants to go fast. Slow gays ruin everything

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>"Hmm this guy (it's a woman) is following a little close I'll speed up a bit."
    >Going faster until I'm going 50 in a 30
    >Distance between us has not changed
    >"Wtf is wrong with this butthole?!"
    >She drives on the wrong side of the road, overtakes, and floors going up to at least 70-80mph through stops and red lights
    Always woman doing some dumb ass shit. You want to drive fast go ahead. I'm fast too. Just don't be crazy.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>be driving
    >someone else drives at a slightly higher speed for their own reasons
    >"Holy frick. I'm STREET RACING!"
    lmao

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>driving in 60kmh area with 2 lanes
    >pass a tesla in my shitbox and move over to right lane
    >next traffic lights tesla slams pedal just so he can get in front of me
    sometimes i don't get people

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I noticed a lot of people have a weird tick where if they're driving on a main street and see someone trying to leave a business or something they'll floor the pedal to close that gap to deny them an exit. It's really petty and every age group is guilty of it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Just fricking wait your turn slowpoke

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm convinced it isn't like that.
      >Karen going 38 in a 45
      >Someone passes her, making her freak out and realize she isn't going fast enough
      >She speeds-up to match the speed, not knowing it blocks the other driver from making their turn
      >Other driver goes online claiming they were targeted for driving [X vehicle]
      What a shitshow.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yeah it's this
        most people aren't malicious

I noticed a lot of people have a weird tick where if they're driving on a main street and see someone trying to leave a business or something they'll floor the pedal to close that gap to deny them an exit. It's really petty and every age group is guilty of it.

sometimes i do this because i didn't notice them.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>most people aren't malicious
          I think that the people out there who believe that other drivers are malicious are themselves malicious drivers. they're projecting their own shitty behavior and attitude onto others when 99% of the time, it's just people not paying attention or doing something completely unrelated to (You)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>it's just people not paying attention or doing something completely unrelated to (You)
            A person that is too moronic to drive a car, shouldn't drive one.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>most people aren't malicious
          If someone tailgates me or cuts me off, I do not care it that person does it maliciously or unintentional. That person is endangering my life.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you're statistically in the same amount of danger if they do it or not. if you want your life to not be threatened at all times, never drive.
            you have the same amount of agency they do and can clearly forsee potential threats to your life, so ultimately despite the other person shirking their responsibility to be a safe driver, it is YOU who choose to drive in such a way that does, or does not accommodate the occasional moron. how you accomplish moron-accommodation is up to you but sadly it's just part of the experience.
            driving is crazy, we barrel down highways at speeds faster than any known land animal in tin cans propelled by tiny explosions on rubber bladders full of air using a few pedals a stick and a wheel to manipulate this monstrously complex object around in sync with a million others, and somehow the vast majority of us dont crash daily. even if someone is being moronic it's not a personal threat, they are in just as much danger as you, and you, buy being not-moronic have the opportunity to de-escalate the situation at any time.

• 1 month ago
      s10fag

Yep. Lots of people accelerate to try and feign victimhood or some shit. I just stop accelerating at that point to frick with them.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I base it entirely on the car they're driving and how they approach the main roadway. If they come zooming out and slam on their brakes at the last second it tells me they drive like a frickin moron and I will not allow them to be in front of me. If they are sitting at an appropriate distance with their blinker on waiting to enter I might slow down a bit and give them a wave.
      If they are the type of person I don't like, visually speaking, I will also not allow them to enter the roadway.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

WTF is happening in that webm

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

nerve gas

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

guy passed out from an undiagnosed medical issue. there's full explanations on youtub

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

some kind of epileptic shit IIRC, he has a youtube channel where he makes videos of himself getting FURIOUS at other drivers for doing absolutely nothing or the most benign little things. meanwhile he continues to drive with a condition that could be 100% fatal for people in the oncoming lane, as he is a selfish c**t.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Does he still have a license? Sounds like he is unfit.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>If they come zooming out and slam on their brakes at the last second it tells me they drive like a frickin moron
        God, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that shit.
        It's like they're trying to give someone a heart attack.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>and how they approach the main roadway. If they come zooming out and slam on their brakes at the last second it tells me they drive like a frickin moron and I will not allow them to be in front of me.
        if you suspect someone of being a shit driver why would you want them behind you. Hes gonna crash into you and ruin the cruise. How stupid and self centered are you? You probably switch lanes a lot huh?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

WAIT YOUR FRICKING TURN KAREN
      Traffic that is in motion and in the "relative" thoroughfare ALWAYS has the right of way. Don't fricking stop and wait and let people pull out and get into accident. It's not "being nice", it's potentially causing an accident and is extremely annoying to everyone now stuck waiting behind you.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I do this if the gap between me and the previous car is too small for them to fit hoping that the gap created between me and the following car is large enough for them. If not tough luck.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Truck owners act aggressive towards japanese cars.
    They can't stand the idea that something made overseas could be faster than their slow POS.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

God, these 80's Crown Vics were such turds.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My CVPI goes 0-40 before most people even realize the light's changed. If you drive a '91 Mercury, obviously people are going to think you'll go 30mph under the speed limit, grandma.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Mercury or police crown vic, npcs think we drive the same car lolz

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

1st-gen Panther bodies look radically different than a car from 2005. It's a car from the 1970s vs. something everyone saw plenty of just a decade ago.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

for me, its beating other econoboxes in my station wagon
    luv me EJ25D
    my 165hp wins every time against your spray painted civic

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>What is it about old shit boxes that makes people race you?
    As always,it's about self-validation.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Buttmad, inferiority/superiority complex.
    When they buy and drive an expensive car only for some rundown shitbox to overtake them they get mad, and often will see it as a direct provocation.
    In my experience those people are often fricking stupid because I am literally passing them with cc locked to the exact speed limit. I've had numerous overtake battles where I'd overtake the same guy multiple times while he would overtake me in response, only to slow down again just to be overtaken by me again, all while still being in cc.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>drive 60s car
    >pass anyone
    >waves
    >thumbs up
    >smiles
    What is it about croozing that people like so much?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

As a 90's car owner, I'll wave to anyone older than my shitbox as being a fellow car enthusiast in a world full of SUV's and dual-cab morons
      >you can overtake if you want
      >I was obviously happy doing the speed I was cruising at

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

He's probably worried apart parts of your car flying off.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A trick I learned long ago is on a highway trip find some dickhead in a pickup, fatter tires and lifted the better, to pass you after you pass him then stay just close enough behind so he keeps his foot in it.

If there's a cop or trooper monitoring speeders he gets pulled over and you laugh.

t. old man in a 90's car

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This is called finding a rabbit. I used to do this often.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>pass someone in my suzuki
    >surprised i passed someone in my suzuki

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>40 over the limit
      >God I wonder why am I passing everyone

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

"in" not "on"
        the only time I can do 40 over the limit is in a school zone

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My 1990 C1500 can beat a 2022 RAM 5.7 Hemi. I have both. This makes people with new vehicles seethe. Have headers and duals so they know I am passing them as well.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Rofl this happened to me too. I had a beat up 81 Foxbody, not even a V8. Some dude in a 90s Renault tried to race me once, I played along for a bit but it was clear he would beat me. Same thing when some dude with his gf tried to race me in a Ford Falcon.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

A Ford Falcon you say...

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *