>drive one of these. >120k miles. >look up used ones for sale. >none of them have more than 150k~ miles

>drive one of these
>120k miles
>look up used ones for sale
>none of them have more than 150k~ miles

Is my car about to die bros? Should I sell it before something goes seriously wrong?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mine is at 155k miles and ready to explode at any moment. I have to top off the oil every 500 miles or so, the engine knocks horribly whenever I rev it past 3k RPM, AC stopped working due to a leak, random sensors are starting to fail, windshield is suddenly cracking...

This all happened within the past 10k miles. Run while you can.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So if one were to buy a asiatic car (possibly as a last resort), would the best period be when it's definitely used for the price cut but <80k miles (ideally less than 50k if possible)?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Did you maintain it before this or are you to blame for this

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

yeah, the engine is deliberately designed to fail at ~150k
    deliberately because elantra with the "same" engine doesn't have the built-in flaws

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you've been taking care of it, you're fine, you've gotta understand that Hyundais aren't bad cars these days, it's the neglectful Hyundai owner that's the problem, these people bought the car because it was the cheapest thing going, which means that maintenance is gonna take a back seat, if something breaks or is being recommended during an ocassional tire service because these people never get oil done, they're not fixing it, which is way a lot of Hyundais fall into disrepair and people blame the car, and of course there's people with Hondas who have unsafe and shit cars because they don't give a frick about life, but it's fewer than with Hyundai, because a Honda Civic costs a good bit more money than an equivalent Hyundai, especially when it comes to a new vehicle.

t.Cousin blew out his 2015 Accent due to no oil changes at around 150K

The thing went a long time though.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Does no oil changes include engine oil?
      Because those are not that expensive (at least in my experience, 80 USD twice a year).
      If you mean jobs like transmission fluid, then I can understand a moron ignoring that, but knowing to change engine oil is the most basic common knowledge.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes, engine oil, transmission oil, even if its $40 for an oil change, a lot of moron Hyundai owners won't do it, they'd rather save that money, and god forbid you ask them to drop $140 on a transmission fluid drain service, watch out.

This is how people act, Anon.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I can only assume people like this had extremely disinterested parents growing up.
          Even the most incurious person in America should have heard about an engine oil change at some point in their life unless they grew up without a car at all in New York City.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This is how normies think Anon, "why would I spent $59.99 at the dealership when the car is gonna run the same and they might recommend stuff", they can't understand the concept of maintaining something, they just think it's always gonna be there and work everyday, it's the mentality that brought us the toyota tax, the belief that a certain kind of vehicle needs nothing and will never need anything, meanwhile Toyotas go to shit too if you're a piece of shit owner.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

to be fair, that type of engine damage shouldn't happen on just 6000miles of oil being over due. like that engine sounds fricked. that's maximum like 14000 miles on said oil change. a lot, and a moronic thing to do but it happens often on Toyota's or idk Ford's and they aren't FUBAR. maybe she used trash oil though who knows.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It does happen when hoes neglect the oil change over and and over, and then it starts to consume, and they never check it, and then boom.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>If you've been taking care of it, you're fine

Well since I've changed the oil every 5k mikes and done every scheduled maintenance thing I'm probably not the average Hyundai owner like you said. However, I bought the car at 60k miles and I have no clue what the previous owner did.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I bought the car at 60k miles
        That's fine anon, the problem is when owners run the oil down to nothing, and then it goes kniggity knock and you're done.

Just keep it changed, check the oil every month and it's good.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Alright. Hopefully it lives because I don't want to have to pay the toyota tax

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty they offer in the states should tell you all you need to know

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's actually pretty generous, Honda only gives you 5 year, 60K warranty, and their cars are pretty nice, I think what Hyundai is doing is clever, the'yre fully aware that a modern car is reliable enough to go 100,000 miles without major shit going wrong and needing to be warrantied (if it's decently maintained), and they've done it brilliantly, even with all the shit surrounding Hyundai with them getting stolen, and recalls happening, they're still selling cars, because they do work, and get good fuel economy, and people making payments on a brand new Kona don't deal with old car problems like I do, so that's why they do it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's actually pretty generous, Honda only gives you 5 year, 60K warranty, and their cars are pretty nice, I think what Hyundai is doing is clever, the'yre fully aware that a modern car is reliable enough to go 100,000 miles without major shit going wrong and needing to be warrantied (if it's decently maintained), and they've done it brilliantly, even with all the shit surrounding Hyundai with them getting stolen, and recalls happening, they're still selling cars, because they do work, and get good fuel economy, and people making payments on a brand new Kona don't deal with old car problems like I do, so that's why they do it.

No matter how much made up shit and shilling against Kia and Hyundai happens on reddit and the rest of the internet, people are still going to buy them, because they KNOW people with the cars that are pushing well past 100k and in good condition.
      Next you're going to make a non so subtle racist remark by bringing up Nissan Altima's I'm sure. Its tiresome. The only actual shit cars no one should be buying are things like Jaguars and BMW's that will die within the first 50k unless you do an unreasonable level of maintenance. Aren't rod bearings a standard maintenance item on some early 2000s bimmers?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I think this is because DA is mostly boomers who don't know that hyundai/kia have been good for like 10 years now

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I think Hyundai's been pretty good as early as the 2006 Sonatas with the 3.3L timing chain V6, the 5 speed auto was strong, and the engine was strong, didn't matter that the valve covers leaked and the alternators died, or the lower control arms got high miles and creaky, it was all normal stuff and they really didn't need much more stuff than an Accord when they get old, they still fricking run and I still see them on the road in various states of disrepair.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You WILL pay the toyota tax

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

ree

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>buy new Kia
    >11k on first oil change.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Should've bought the diesel trim.
    The bloodthirsty Philippine taxi drivers abuse them well beyond 300k.

>NA hyundai/kia
    lmao

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *