Driving slow cars

>people say its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow
>there is literally never a moment when you can drive a slow car fast where you can't drive a fast car fast
I'm getting tired of these moronic sayings. Its the same thing with hearing people say "more hp gets boring. Power isn't everything". Like alright bro just tell us you've never driven anything faster than your buddy's g35. And its always dudes with stanced cars or 'builds' consisting of dipped badges and a cai + exhaust. I've never seen a guy with a 400hp foxbody or k swapped turbo civic say "you know what? I wish I spent that $1500 on a gay ass wrap instead of h/c/i and a tune. The bottom line is people need to experience stuff first hand before talking out their ass. And no, 400 crank hp in a 5000lb vehicle is not fast.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Thrilling and fun are being conflated here.

It is thrilling to drive a performance car on a nice open road. It is the peak of human engineering and skill

It is fun to drive a kia soul around the neighborhood because it drives like a go kart 🙂 its simply a nice time

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you can't have fun going slow or fast it's a skill issue. going fast in a slow ride is, or can be almost legal speeds.
    Going fast in a fast ride isn't, but more importantly mistakes show up quicker and are more dire.
    Skill is the determiner if you can drive a fast car fast, and most can't.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

is literally never a moment when you can drive a slow car fast where you can't drive a fast car fast

The street unless you're comfortable going through a corner 3x the speed limit into a cyclist/deer/oncoming car

I agree, 400hp in a 5000lb car isn't fast. But 400hp in a 3000lb car is kinda nutty (especially in a short geared AWD car or RWD with lots of traction) and borderline too much to have fun outside of a track. Remember stuff like C5 Z06s were as fast as Ferraris and 911 Turbos new. And you know what?

>I've never seen a guy with a 400hp foxbody or k swapped turbo civic

I have heard these same people complain about not having AC, dealing with a heavy triple disc clutch in traffic, having to give their car a full pre flight inspection before going for a cruise, shift linkages popping out on Hondas, the car constantly dying in traffic on the foxes or trying to stall out because it has a crazy cam, etc

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All cars need some "cool factor" for people to enjoy them.
    It can be speed, light weightedness, sound, driver engagement, etc.
    If you drive a slow car, it BETTER make up for it in other ways. And I'm sorry, but to me, "handling" isn't something I get excited about.
    The miata is popular because it's a convertible, that's the cool factor. Otherwise, even with the light weight and handling, it would just be another copemobile.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're just not in the right environment to enjoy one.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7XEL7aPXxR/

This car is dead bone stock. Like maybe 170whp and stock 80,000 mile shocks

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Pretty good.

I like driving fast cars slow. I like even more, driving normal looking cars that the typical person can't tell are fast upgraded engine models. What I like the most are driving these upgraded models with (real) mods i.e. proper tires, weight reduction, trans tuning and engine powerband maximizing.

What I like, is driving "not so fast cars" typical (moron) people don't expect at normal speeds and when those always late, and/or rush addict, doing 85-in-a-50 addict morons wanna go fast I bully them by putting my foot down and unleashing my 340HP in my 3250lb car.

What I like the most is playing traffic timing games, baiting these people into doing 110+MPH, and intentionally slowing down to the speed of a car ahead of me, when these people can't safely pass due to opposite lane traffic. And when they floor it I floor it, unleash to full 9:1 power to weight and outpace them.
        Some times I will even forcefully block them from passing to the point of a felony (that means intentionally blocking the left hand lane, there's no cops around my 15 mile, two road 5+ miles straights). Just to make them excruciatingly mad.

You're either legitimately ALWAYS LATE which equals GROW THE FRICK UP, or
        You're just going fast because FRICK OTHER PEOPLE to which I say, LOL, you wont cause an accident and if you do I'm going to shoot you and smile the entire way through the court system to prison. But you wont go that far, because you're actually a massive pussy who only wants to either be a road bully or is scared of other drivers.

The big kicker: 90+ percent of these people are BROTRUCK homosexuals. Either 2500HD class turbodiesel homosexualS or "my v8 truck has 400HP!!" morons. I love to frick with them.
        You can lie on DA but in real life you're not going to risk an intentional homicide felony on the road, and if you do I know how to react to pits'n'hits and make us both crash, to which point my CC or trunk rifle comes out and I Was Defending Myself From A Maniac.

Yes I will kill you.

Always weird how americans are ready to shoot each other dead over shit that would be nothing more than a brawl over here.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nah. i have a car that goes 0-60 in 4s and one that does it in 2.6. you can't even punch it in the fast one for more than a second or two without risking getting impounded, while you can actually wring the other one out whenever you want. there are definitely a lot of roads that are more fun to drive with the slower car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much this
      You can plow through a turn with full throttle with a slow car.
      With a really fast car you spend much more time braking and less time accelerating

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My FIL has a 2006 Corolla and fricking flogs it *everywhere*
        You can't get in trouble with it unless you're literally larping GTA shit and driving that shitbox down the sidewalk
        Wife had a PT Loser and she loved that car because it was not possible to exceed its limits, you couldn't roll it, it stayed planted no matter what
        Still fricking exploded at 70k in almost every way that car was irredeemable

exactly. and it's more than that too. when you're driving a car that's obviously very fast, no one tries to have fun with you except other very fast cars. which is fun when it happens, but again, just sends you into another stratosphere of risk. when you're hooning around in a slow car you get other slow cars trying to have fun with you, and there are a hell of a lot more 300hp cars than 700hp cars. and then you're having fun going all out between 60 and 100 mph instead of 100 and 150.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's crazy you have such fast cars but didn't bother to post either.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My FIL has a 2006 Corolla and fricking flogs it *everywhere*
      You can't get in trouble with it unless you're literally larping GTA shit and driving that shitbox down the sidewalk
      Wife had a PT Loser and she loved that car because it was not possible to exceed its limits, you couldn't roll it, it stayed planted no matter what
      Still fricking exploded at 70k in almost every way that car was irredeemable

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like driving fast cars slow. I like even more, driving normal looking cars that the typical person can't tell are fast upgraded engine models. What I like the most are driving these upgraded models with (real) mods i.e. proper tires, weight reduction, trans tuning and engine powerband maximizing.

What I like, is driving "not so fast cars" typical (moron) people don't expect at normal speeds and when those always late, and/or rush addict, doing 85-in-a-50 addict morons wanna go fast I bully them by putting my foot down and unleashing my 340HP in my 3250lb car.

What I like the most is playing traffic timing games, baiting these people into doing 110+MPH, and intentionally slowing down to the speed of a car ahead of me, when these people can't safely pass due to opposite lane traffic. And when they floor it I floor it, unleash to full 9:1 power to weight and outpace them.
    Some times I will even forcefully block them from passing to the point of a felony (that means intentionally blocking the left hand lane, there's no cops around my 15 mile, two road 5+ miles straights). Just to make them excruciatingly mad.

You're either legitimately ALWAYS LATE which equals GROW THE FRICK UP, or
    You're just going fast because FRICK OTHER PEOPLE to which I say, LOL, you wont cause an accident and if you do I'm going to shoot you and smile the entire way through the court system to prison. But you wont go that far, because you're actually a massive pussy who only wants to either be a road bully or is scared of other drivers.

The big kicker: 90+ percent of these people are BROTRUCK homosexuals. Either 2500HD class turbodiesel homosexualS or "my v8 truck has 400HP!!" morons. I love to frick with them.
    You can lie on DA but in real life you're not going to risk an intentional homicide felony on the road, and if you do I know how to react to pits'n'hits and make us both crash, to which point my CC or trunk rifle comes out and I Was Defending Myself From A Maniac.

Yes I will kill you.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Tl;dr

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

"Drive like shit on public road during public access and I'll kill you when you take it too far - Don't care about murder charges"

you fricking dicklick fed POS country sheriff dick riding moron.
        If the county cops in my area gave these ASSHATS speeding tickets it would not be necessary.

get a life.

That's exactly what I'm saying! I'm glad we can agree

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

get a life.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>there is literally never a moment when you can drive a slow car fast where you can't drive a fast car fast

Right; but driving my Lincoln Town Car at 40 MPH on a curvy mountain road with a 35 MPH speed limit is fun because I have to throw its big ass around. If I was driving a Corvette it would be too easy and I'd need to be going 20 over the speed limit to have fun.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

20mph over is actually what a Civic/BRZ/Miata on all seasons would pull

A Corvette is closer to 70-100mph from my past experience. Corvettes are not fun unless you're really driving "immediately suspended license" speeds. Ditto a lot of these newer sports cars (10 year old M3s, AMGs, etc)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You busriding idiot, even an F1 car could only do PERHAPS 15MPH over the speed limit through tight turns. 70-100MPH? You're a fricking dunce. Wear the dunce hat, put on some striped robes, wear a red nose.
        You're a fricking clown.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

So do you think the 20mph limit is set with F1 drivers or with morons (you) in mind

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

who said what in the how>?!

Details you Chinese/Indian Black person! say real sentences with actual meaning!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ESL moron/drunk hick calls me a bus driver and doesn't understand the question

Is this speed limit suggestion sign (20mph turn) meant for a F1 driver or a moron like you? Because I've taken that turn at 2x that speed in a god damn minivan.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are you confusing the yellow caution signs meant for medium/fully loaded semi trucks with normal vehicle limits you unknowing moron>?!?!?!?!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're agreeing with him and you're too stupid to realize it. A few posts ago, you just said an F1 car couldn't do more than 15mph > the recommended speed through tight corners.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

what a moronic post lol. speed limits are set WAY below what an average shitbox can handle. if a curvy road is limit 30mph a honda civic can handle it at like 45 easily

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Driving is more than about the speed, it's about how the whole system feels.
    Talk to anyone who drives a Viper and they'll tell you that they have to drive like the car is trying to kill them. Yes they *can* go around a corner fast, but while they're doing that they cannot stray a single millimeter into 90% of the accelerator range or else they're going to end up wrapped around a tree. That doesn't feel as good as if you can take the car by the scruff of its neck and THROW it into the corner.

We have a guy here with a GT-R who laments that there's nowhere to use the power the car has. That's understandable because a 3 second blast from the speed limit puts you in dangerous territory where a bump will send you airborne. You can't drive there because you have no control over the car when airborne. You have to pull back. Guess what doesn't feel fun? Pulling back. It feels better to be putting your foot down than lifting it up, but in a fast car you can never put your foot all the way down for any period of time outside a long, open stretch of highway. And frankly, high-speed runs get boring after a while. Taking a car through the twisties never gets old because road conditions continuously change.
    So the better car ends up being the small, mid-powered, lightweight, nimble car because it feels like you're one with a healthy machine instead of needing to baby a sickly machine that will break itself if you push it.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Blasting a $2k car around, clutch-dropping and spinning the tires everywhere, is more fun than worrying that giving too much throttle into a corner could instantly set you back $80k.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You don't need 80k to have a fast car. I'm talking about ebay turboing a shitbox and enjoying it, but for some reason these morons who spend money on coilovers and stickers seem to be allergic to horsepower. At this point, you can make 400hp out of basically any engine, and yet I still see people spending like $5k on their cars for cosmetic enhancement while coping about "its more fun to push a car to its limit when its slow" as if somehow that gradual 6 secone merge from 30 to 60mph for the highway is enjoyable, or pulling out of a walmart parking lot feels better in a clapped out acura tl than a c5 corvette.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The problem is that nothing with 400hp is fast in current year unless it weighs like 2500lbs. And almost nothing is that light. Fast is a sliding scale and when bone stock mustangs run high 11s and porsche 911s are faster than old lemans cars it's harder to have a fast car than 25 years ago when a junkyard cummins holset on a volvo 240 was a fast car.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I wasn't aware that fast was a sliding scale. To call a V8 Mustang not fast (yes, slower to 500 than 400, but c'mon) is absurd.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How did I type "closer" instead of slower?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I wasn't aware that fast was a sliding scale. To call a V8 Mustang not fast (yes, slower to 500 than 400, but c'mon) is absurd.

Fricked it up twice. Good Lord I am a lightweight.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Just because a run of the mill Mustang runs 11s doesn't mean an 11 second quarter is now slow.
          What an absurdly idiotic logic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A Prius Prime does 0-60 in 6.4 seconds, surely you're not gonna call a Prius fast too?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's a hybrid drive ya silly goose, of course the initial acceleration from a stop is reasonably fast, but that's still slower than a modular-powered ye olde Mustang.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You know the difference between a Mustang and a Prius is like 2 seconds 0 to 60 right

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no, it means your 13 second car is not fast, doofus. learn to fricking read my posts before you spout shit

see above. bad reading comprehension

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

slow car fast is cope for poorgays whose only "sports" car was a mazda miata.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There is actually, if you aren't aiming to break the speed limit. A slow car can go WOT in 2nd gear to redline and its either at or under the speed limit. Same for driving on back roads.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> hp gets boring.
    I have never heard this and it is an absolute lie. I imagine a point where you can't do any but spin the tires, but boring? No.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ride a well setup SV650 and an S1000RR on the same road. The S1000RR can go way faster, with vastly increased risk, or you will be putt-putting the engine to go the same speed in the corners as the SV650 and to many that feels less "fun" because the engine isn't screaming. It would also be much easier to get yourself outside of your brakes/tires/skills envelope with the S1000RR and wreck. Depends on the road, too, if it was super gentle/sweeping obviously the literbike poses no problems, but I don't find straight highways very fun to begin with.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

this.
        i'd strongly suggest bikeanons to have a look at the zx4rr. all the fun of a i4, without needing to egregiously violate speed limits to actually rev it out.
        way better than a typical 600 imo, as those are super gutless unless you're revving them out, but if you do, 1st gear ends at 60 already, lol.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

While I can really enjoy my stock FD (a slow car) to 7/10ths on some tight mountain and canyon roads, my lightly modded C6 Z06 was so much faster that pushing it to the same extent was simply dangerous and driving at the speeds I drive the FD felt almost boring because the car cornered so flat and accelerated so fast. When I took it to tail of the dragon, the C6 was so fast that unless you *knew* the road, you were just putting along at 4/10, the same speeds would be 7/10 in the FD which doesn't have 500hp or massive tires but does have body roll.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

what really sucks is getting used to having a fast car and going back to your shitbox and not enjoying it anymore.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like this thread, butthurt guaranteed, I will come back later to antagonize people itt

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the honda fit guys pull more acceleration than you ever do in whatever car you think is fast

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

most of this board is about endlessly swinging dicks while driving as hard as how people exit the pits on ice cold tires

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>miata
    -rev out 1st, 2nd, 3rd, you're still barely above 60
    -full throttle coming out of corner, still plenty of time to break for next turn
    -want to explore limits of grip? no problem, just take a corner slightly north of speed limit, if things go wrong, you'll stop sliding still on the road

versus

>911 turbo
    -rev out 1st, you're doing well above 60 already. rev out 2nd, you're going to jail
    -full throttle coming out of corner, crash into wall at over 60. or go over guardrails, straight into ravine. death.
    -want to explore limits of grip? kek, sure, just take the corner at 100 bro. don't get it wrong tho, if you do, you're dead.

fast cars, really fast cars can ONLY be driven hard on a track. on a public road, you're feathering the throttle all the time, trying to keep it in check all the time.
    a slow but sporty car on the other hand, that you can actually drive fast and have fun with.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>slow but sporty car
      this is where the old Acura Integras shined. Their stock suspension was more than capable of taking curves at high speed as long as you had the right tires. The GS-R had a close-ratio transmission that made sure you could stay in the power band of the little engine at all times. You could still have fun in an Integra with the LS transmission, but the close-ratio transmission closes the huge gap between 1st and 2nd and makes it more enjoyable when you're constantly slowing down and speeding up between 15-40mph.
      That engine enjoys high RPMs too. It will sing all day, begging you to rev it higher.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

hooning an ED civic hatch 4 speed manual on 10 year old tires and blown shocks and worn bushings down a gravel road through the woods was pretty fun.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Owning a legitimate fast car in a place with actual fun roads, not Florida or Idaho where there might be 2 or 3 turns that aren't at a traffic light within 10 miles of you in any direction, is completely different than a fast car in a place where you have to go fast to have any fun. When I moved to TN and brought my fast car with me from flatland I realized just how scary and crazy illegal it was to actually push the car. Like some here have said to push anywhere near the limit in the car you're doing double the speed limit or more and are going so fast that you wouldn't have time to react if a deer ran out or someone crossed the double yellow, and if you do frick up you'd wind up flying off the side of a mountain at 80mph. Now don't get me wrong, it's a lot of damn fun to drive my fast car fast, there is nothing like the outright thrill of speed like what I get while riding my sportbike, it's just so much riskier that it's not a smart thing to do in a fast car. So here I am with a slow car and a fast car and if I wanted to drive out to cherohala or 129 or green river, any notable fun road and I am going for a sheer enjoyment drive, I'm taking my slow(er) car (an E30 with a swap and some suspension work) and not my fast car (2016 GTR Nismo)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *