>Ecoboost/ Duratec To SBF Bellhousing Adapter~ $385 shipped

>Ecoboost/ Duratec To SBF Bellhousing Adapter~ $385 shipped
https://esslingeracing.com/accessories-9/ecoboost-duratec-to-sbf-bellhousing-adapter
>ST harness ~ 150 shipped
https://www.ebay.com/itm/126271235997?epid=18011315965&itmmeta=01HXYFFC5BBQM8M1RXDG3069NE&hash=item1d665a279d:g:MFkAAOSwKW5jB-5E
>ECU ~ $220 shipped
https://www.fs1inc.com/em5a-12a650-ada-2014-ford-focus-2-0l-ecm-engine-computer-pcm-ecu-programmed-updated-bv61-12b684-ba-c.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping_surfaces&srsltid=AfmBOooPO70Ga0LzpDibzK1OeZaS2lEUX56II8XcKQ5qkWOeCKxJKdzgPSc
>Edge tuner ~ $295 shipped
https://edgeautosport.com/edge-autosport-etune-ford-focus-st-2013-2018-focus-rs-2016-2018/
> 2.0/2.3 mounts ~ $350 shipped
https://jem-sport.com/jem-sport-2-3l-ecoboost-swap-mount-kit-mustang-fox-body/
>Exhaust work ~ $150ish do at home
>wiring and mis ~ ~$50ish do at home
>Mustang 2.3 intake, oilpan, pickup tube $300 all new from parts store
>pulled ecoboost from anything 2.0 for long block and all acs ~ $600
>any foxboxy/sn95 GT thats not shit ~$2000-3000
cost should be around 6k before redoing interior and painting (another 2k, i have a paint booth set up in the garage) and another 2k for wheels tires, and another 2k for suspension set up (i might go IRS)
im going to fricking do it DA. im going to look for a fox body this weekend and do a 2.0 swap, due to the 2.0 being closed deck and cheaper. should be about 54%f and 46% rear balanced. s

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

fox body or newedge.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

would anyone on DA would be interested in myself making a youtube for this? no meme bull shit or anything cringe just me working, very little talking, just explaining things directly, and music over installing shit and getting things right.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You do you Booboo

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

do it, just add a voice over for what you're doing every so often, talk about what was hard/easy and your experience with it. I'd watch for sure

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

okay, i stop working for the year in mid july, so i will have the rest of the year off to work on it, ill post on DA when i start.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>i stop working for the year in mid july
          ???

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i do contract work for half the year and take the other half off.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

pretty cool idea, OP. Assuming you're buying a car with a blown engine? Are you going to keep air conditioning?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

newedge mustangs gt with high mile around me are around 2k-3k running, i could find a roller for even less, fox bodies are around me are unfortunately way too much for a shit one, or ungodly for a non rusted out one. and yea im going to keep AC, more than enough room. im also leaning towards a newedge just because of the TR-3650. with just a turbo and injectors i can pump the 2.0 right under 400 crank without having to change rods. i would also probly change out gears to 3.73 gears and throw in a new clutch for the rear. if i dont get too moronic, it should be around 3100 lbs wet at that power.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

why tho
    probably same weight as the 4.6 and only a little bit more power with a whole lot more things to go wrong (as with any big swap project, not just because it's a turbo)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

its right over 270lbs lighter dressed/wet then the 2v, and honestly less can go wrong vs a 2v in 2024. i also want to daily the car, and having like 35mpg is okay with me.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>its right over 270lbs lighter dressed/wet then the 2v
        doing some quick googling says it's only 50-100 lbs lighter

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>2v
          >500lbs dress, another 40 wet, 2 30lbs+ headers

>2.0 ecoboost dressed, and integrated exhaust with stock turbo
          >328 lbs
          >add like 20 lbs wet

so like 250lbs lighter not counting the intercooler, so OP was not far off.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

500 - 350 = 150

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>500+40+30(2) = 600
            >328+40 = 348
            >600-348 = 256
            lol wtf

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

can run 9's in a dsm for 6 grand.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>can run 9's in a dsm for 6 grand
      Yeah for like 5 passes and then the motor explodes.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>5 passes
        That's quite generous, anon.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>motor explodes
        that's the last thing to fail on a dsm, youre clearly a bus rider.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I can stroke an FE big block to 445c.i. and with aluminum heads, intake, water pump and accessory brackets get it down to just over 400 pounds.
    Modern bloat is ridiculous.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Just got back from a meeting, and ordered everything on the list, in addition a flywheel and clutch. Offered this dude 2800 on Facebook for his 04 gt, he said come check it out. Next is finding a 2.0 with good compression, not going to get cucked by LKQ. I might continue to post on DA with the build but just checked a few other gays and it's extremely more homosexual in a reddit way than it was like 8 years ago. Later br/o/s.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

he's already asking a more than fair price, he's not gunna take 2800 lol

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Just picked it up for 2800, runs like dog shit but I'm only 20 mine from home.

>im going to fricking do it DA. im going to look for a fox body this weekend and do a 2.0 swap, due to the 2.0 being closed deck and cheaper. should be about 54%f and 46% rear balanced. s
        >2L 4cyl
        >still 54% front biased
        Good lord anon. What the frick is the stock front bias of a fox mustang if the damn thing is still 54/46 with an aluminum block 4cylinder?!? My FD would have that kind of bias with an LS swap FFS.

Lol who care nerd, hope your loving your FD of Xbox or some shit haha, good luck on the bus kiddo.

And that's a wrap DA. Have fun bench racing and playing video games.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

unintelligible gibberish? No, I asked for your FR bias, and you will provide it now, moron. Unless you're just too stupid to know it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Cope haha

>exhaust 2" from the ground
            topkek

Your max moron on all levels

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You going to keep the side exhaust?

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>im going to fricking do it DA. im going to look for a fox body this weekend and do a 2.0 swap, due to the 2.0 being closed deck and cheaper. should be about 54%f and 46% rear balanced. s
    >2L 4cyl
    >still 54% front biased
    Good lord anon. What the frick is the stock front bias of a fox mustang if the damn thing is still 54/46 with an aluminum block 4cylinder?!? My FD would have that kind of bias with an LS swap FFS.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why would you put a 2.0L on a 90s mustang? God you’re such a fricking homosexual.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The ugliest mustang body and an ecoshit engine.
      Fricking why.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>sn95
        >ugliest mustang
        What sort of moronic zoomer are you? Have you seen the late 1st gen or Mustang II?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

post ass

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous
          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>exhaust 2" from the ground
            topkek

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Just got home

Because the ecoboost is good and cheap.

You going to keep the side exhaust?

The goober just had the skits on, it's stock with rear muffs cut

First good DA thread I've seen in a while, OP has a decent plan for a dirt cheap build that'll easily have <10lb/hp with plenty of aftermarket support to improve it down the road.

Only thing I'll shit on is 2k for the IRS, the diff alone is going to eat half your budget there. You'll want an IRS if you actually drive it right, I just think it'll be more than 2k.

Yea I just looked them back up and I think I'm just going to keep and build the 8.8.

The ugliest mustang body and an ecoshit engine.
      Fricking why.

To each their own, I used to hate the sn95 but the new edge has grown on me. The ecoboost line is pretty baller considering the availability and aftermarket. Even if I keep it stock on a tune it's 300whp 340ftlbs.

You do realize the block casting is super weak on the 4 banger ecoboosts, right?

Yea the 2.3 is open deck and gets fricked up at higher power but the 2.0 is closed deck and like 15-20% thicker and has the same flow rate. Idk what ford was thinking.
      >vid related

?si=aOhxapfZQvyIO3Ni

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>modern ford
        >thinking
        Answered your own question there buddy

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

First good DA thread I've seen in a while, OP has a decent plan for a dirt cheap build that'll easily have <10lb/hp with plenty of aftermarket support to improve it down the road.

Only thing I'll shit on is 2k for the IRS, the diff alone is going to eat half your budget there. You'll want an IRS if you actually drive it right, I just think it'll be more than 2k.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You do realize the block casting is super weak on the 4 banger ecoboosts, right?

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

this is fricking great. godspeed based op keep us posted with pics

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>another 2k for suspension set up (i might go IRS)
    In your dreams, lol. 2k will buy you a mild solid axle drag racing style setup or a basic handling upgrade. IRS will cost you more than the rest of the project.

>should be about 54%f and 46% rear balanced.
    I know you got assmad at someone else about this, but I'm seconding questioning this. There is no way tossing a 302 or 4.6 for an ALUMINUM I4 is going to give you a 54:46 unless the car is something like 58:42-60:40 stock.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Do it, even if it turns out to be a moronic idea at least it'll be interesting.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

there are a shit load of people doing it now, the kits are becoming super cheap. i got the idea from a dude that has done it for SCCA group for our area, and me and 2 other dudes are doing it. i bought a 944 to LS swap last month but sold it for this project. it makes more power stock then a 3v and gets like 40 mpg. it can be tuned with zero effort and 2.0 ecoboost come in almost every single ford vehicle now, vs finding an all alum 4.6 or even a coyote swap. entry level coyote swap is 6k min entry level, and under 2k for a whole 2.0 swap.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>2.0 ecoboost come in almost every single ford vehicle now
        Don't you need a RWD application?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

the adapter that op linked fits it to any SBF, but the duratec/ecoboost fits any anz6 troony (the same one in NC miata and RX8). all you need to do to the 2.0 is put on 2.3 intake and oilpan/pick up and it makes it the same as the 2.3. you can do this to any ecoboost engine. lots of guys are putting 2.7 ecoboost in rangers and rx8.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i wonder if the reverse works, would be kek to see at 13b in a mustang.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *