ELON bros, not like this.

ELON bros, not like this.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People should have seen these to be a tech bro status symbol when it was revealed that it can't even do offroad. You are paying extra for a Model Y with a bodykit and bed

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

b-b-but i thought they were more reliab--ACK

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

germany looks fricking grim

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>look up motor replacement cost
      >It's about the same as a whole frickin engine swap
      I was about to do the math on how much maintenance stacks up to those replacements, but the $100k in motors instantly made it pretty obvious which comes out on top. I bet you could replace your engine and transmission twice and still come out with more cash than this guy's zombie Tesla.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is cramming lots of power to weight the reason? Industrial motors last millions of hours but ofc they are heavy as shit. 24 000 hours at 50mph average would get you 1.2 million miles.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I mean they are too small by industry standards, thats why they need to be cooled, industry motors on machines are just air-cooled and only get slightly warm when operating and even those need to be maintained/replaced every now and then, at least the bearings will eventually fail.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>slightly warm
          The rule of thumb is anything under 160deg is fine. Hotter than that and your motor windings are cooking and will soon fail.
          t. Does conveyors for a living

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's a very nice thermal imager. I still use my Klein Tools TI-250, gets the job done but not nearly as pretty as that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Im glad I didn’t pay for it!
            Its like $10k but its got very high resolution, auto focusing and calibrating, and the Fluke software is nice at making reports to justify my job.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Is cramming lots of power to weight the reason?
        The reason is that EVs are a meme and serve no purpose outside of leftist virtue signaling.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Most of those remain under a constant load and speed, driven motors are under much more stress in a passenger car, constantly starting and stopping and reversing and regening is hard on a motor.
        .t electrician.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No, the early Tesla's motors had a flaw where excess voltage could arc across the metal ball bearings. It stopped being a problem when they switched to ceramic bearings lol

The modern Tesla's are designed pretty well but never buy an old model s

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Except that they lack any kind of quality control and they cheaped out on shit like the fricking point pattern around the front glass, so it breaks into pieces due to outside and inside abrupt temperature difference.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>that's only 85k miles per motor

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why don't they make happy cars any more?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Society is too angry, people are afraid and want to project hostility.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why do the motors wear out so fast? I would have thought that electric motors would last way longer seeing as they have less moving parts.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The coolant seals go bad. The original motors had triple-lip seals that lasted 60k miles, but then they leak coolant into the stator which destroys the insulation. For the reman replacements Tesla replaced the 3-lip with a single-lip teflon seal that lasts 15-30k. which is just dumb.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How's this possible? 1.2 million miles over 10 years comes out to nearly 330 miles per day. Every single day. Then there's downtime for recharging and repairs. Seems fishy.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

In Germany is it weird to have a 100 to 200 kms daily commute for high paying positions. I have a 40 kms commute one way and it's considered normal.
        Used to know a guy with a 185 kms one way commute. Took him about an hour.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Motor had a design flaw that was eventually fixed, so they would only last a few tens of thousands of miles or so. After the fix the latest motor has lasted 500,000 milss

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I can't wait to see some contrarian defend this

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Stainless steel doesn't rust but it does discolor, this has been known for quite some time. There is a reason why only one other car company in history has ever tried using unpainted stainless steel. It's odd because it normally happens with lower quality stainless steel but Elon was talking about how great the type of stainless steel they use is.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

wrong

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Rebuttal: I fricked your mother

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>how great the type of stainless steel they use is.
      There are several grades of Stainless. Musk wanted the truck to be arrow and golf ball proof, so it's being built with 301 stainless, which has the least chrome and most carbon of the 3xx series.
      DeLorean started with 304, which has less carbon (so not as hard, not heat treatable) but more chrome. Very early in production DeLorean switched up to 316 (according to their SS supplier) which is even more corrosion resistant. But softer.
      So it's all due to Elon's ego, just like all of Tesla's other problems.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

stainless absolutely can and will rust

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Stainless does rust. Other companies have also tried to make stainless vehicles, and even with the limitations of the time found no advantage to it. Ford tried, and while they couldn't get the panels thin enough it was only worth it as a salesman vehicle.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>it's expensive so it's good and reliable
    Why do "people", even those who browse here, think this?

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Thank you for playing

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

$100k price tag
    $20k car quality
    I don't get the homosexuals that purchase these or any tesla

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

early solar panels sucked shit. Yeah, they still kind of suck, but they suck a whole lot less. At some point, you just gotta go and build a pile of shit so you can figure out why it's so shit through using it. let idiots fund the r&d of this newer vehicle tech, but don't allow governments to ban ICEs.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The problem is nothing in this is new tech, every aspect of it is a massive step backwards.

although i guess they realized the fricking yoke is stupid so they added a bar to the top and just made it a really shitty wheel.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>early solar panels sucked shit. Yeah, they still kind of suck, but they suck a whole lot less
      Early solar panels are from the 1800s. Solar panel is a very mature technology. EV, not so much.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Like most clickbait bullshit articles,
    this post is useless without an actual photo of the corrosion.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's funny how you don't see DeLoreans rusting after all these years. Newsflash, Steel quality matters after all! Simple as.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You dont see deloreans at all lol i have never seen one in my whole life despite going to many car shows. For all you or I know they are rusty too.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just get a silver wrap.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *