eurobros, what is the comfiest car that. >wont absolutely rape me on maintenance. >is diesel. >is 2010 and up

eurobros, what is the comfiest car that
>wont absolutely rape me on maintenance
>is diesel
>is 2010 and up
>i can get for 10k euros

i was thinking either f10 or w212, although finding a decent one is hard, and with 10k budget almost impossible

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

are you an idiot? Dont buy Diesel cars, not in Europe. Google dfp and emissions test.

I bought a diesel back in 2019 and now I regret it.
    My car wont pass the annual technical control du to too high emissions

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

just bribe the technical my s212 almost didn´t pass emissions on to much smoke (i think for vw it´s somethink llike 2.5 and less and for mercs it was 0.5 and less to pass and I was 0.7)
      thankfully the inspector was bribed so i passed in the end

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

like this anon

just bribe the technical my s212 almost didn´t pass emissions on to much smoke (i think for vw it´s somethink llike 2.5 and less and for mercs it was 0.5 and less to pass and I was 0.7)

ive been running a diesel car with egr and dpf delete for years with no issues when it comes to passing the inspection. on paper it is euro5 and in reality it is euro2. i dont give a flying frick if i kill couple penguins more. my fuel consumption is lower, engine runs smoother and is cleaner on the inside

https://i.imgur.com/37qWISI.jpg

Laguna 3 with the 2.0L 178hp diesel
      The engine is bulletproof, the body won't rust, it is comfy and most electronic bs has been fixed in this generation
      The downside is the interior rattles, and there are several of them

i drove a company 2017 megane for couple of months and i didnt like it at all. interior quality is poor and its suspension was rock hard. as far as i know it didnt have sports suspension and runflat tires, but it was so uncomfortable. i really dislike renault except for older gen clio

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

like this anon [...]
      ive been running a diesel car with egr and dpf delete for years with no issues when it comes to passing the inspection. on paper it is euro5 and in reality it is euro2. i dont give a flying frick if i kill couple penguins more. my fuel consumption is lower, engine runs smoother and is cleaner on the inside

[...]
      i drove a company 2017 megane for couple of months and i didnt like it at all. interior quality is poor and its suspension was rock hard. as far as i know it didnt have sports suspension and runflat tires, but it was so uncomfortable. i really dislike renault except for older gen clio

>emissions
      >buy 30+ year old mobile zyklon b dispenser
      >register it as a historical
      >shit all over emissions and green zones
      youre not even trying

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>register it as a historical
        my nephew's 1991 Civic VTi is considered historical
        LMAO
        good on him though

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

this lmao
        >pic related my """classic""" 2.8 turbodiesel
        >running rich because fuel pump screw was messed with
        >passes emissions test because its cool

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

pic rel is a chevy 350. its got a whole somewhere near the muffler and its running rich. it also trips every smoke alarm in underground parking lots. nobody can do anything about it but seethe because its registered as a historical/classic vehicle.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

fix your afr
            you get more power and better smiles per gallon

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

ill definitely look into it but for now itll be a mobile auschwitz. ive got other things i need to attend to first.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Probably Golf TDI or Mondeo TDCi

Skill issue. Just tank XTL diesel. Add diesel anti smoke. Before Test, run 30 min third gear 70 km/h or 95 km/h fourth gear.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>ev shill false flagging as diesel owner

Get out, every car that ever passed emissions inspection when it was new will still pass it years later, provided you haven't tampered with it in a way that increases emissions, like removing the catalyzator or some such thing.
      Even then you can still make it spew emissions like crazy inbetween the two year inspections, just remember to fix it beforehand.

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Dacia Sandero

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Laguna 3 with the 2.0L 178hp diesel
    The engine is bulletproof, the body won't rust, it is comfy and most electronic bs has been fixed in this generation
    The downside is the interior rattles, and there are several of them

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Vm0df2x.jpg

The Citroen C6 was produced until 2012. It's what I would get if I were going for maximum comfy.

https://i.imgur.com/xIrUJJe.jpg

GM Ampera (European.)

>fwd
      >>>/n/

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

FWD literally holds the road better.
        RWD spins out, and is outdated.
        AWD is best, but expensive and heavy

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>t. brainlet with obvious skill issue or a woman

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

RWD is dead, thats because its inferior.
            That's why 98% of the cars on the market are not RWD.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Brainlet confirmed.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes that must be why there's an abundance of front wheel drive cars in upper level Motorsport.

Remember kids, if your sports car is the sport version of an economy car, it's not a real sports car.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

There are no good rwd alternatives

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>I can get for 10k euros

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Here is a trick to get cheap cars in Europe : Go buy second hand car in the UK. They are way cheaper because nobody else on the continent drives RHD. They are also leagal. My car is an rhd.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>uk
      Might as well import some jdm car from japan

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>in the UK.
      Guaranteed rust and body damage.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

how does this differ from the rest of europe?

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Doesn't like half of the Europe have no winter?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Only mediterranean sea doesnt have winter and outer regions like canaries

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>is diesel
    Why? Leaving aside emissions/access restrictions, diesel isn't a good fit for the stop&go traffic found in many yuro cities. Diesel engines don't like being under-revved, and don't like short trips.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

not all are gay citibois. Modern diesels work in city tho. Just rev than engine before emission test for good half hour.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Probably Golf TDI or Mondeo TDCi

Skill issue. Just tank XTL diesel. Add diesel anti smoke. Before Test, run 30 min third gear 70 km/h or 95 km/h fourth gear.

yeah the revving is called unclogging your dpf a tad bit hard with an auto but doable

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

The Citroen C6 was produced until 2012. It's what I would get if I were going for maximum comfy.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Pc7aQg6.jpg

>w212
      Thats a good choice, also you could get nice and comfy volvo S80 for 10k€, they made that car till 2016. Very low key cars but thats why volvos are so great.

https://i.imgur.com/AODH7Ax.jpg

Came here to mention these two also.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Aren't Volvos of that era just Ford parts bin specials with added Scandinavian complexity? Heard they are PITA to diagnose and fix, especially electronics.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Suspension is mostly all Ford which is not a bad thing. OP wanted comfort which the scandis do extremely well.
          >Heard they are PITA to diagnose and fix, especially electronics.
          Diagnostics with a regular OBD scanner can be tricky but if you find a mechanic with Volvo's VIDA scanner they can pinpoint almost any fault. Electronics are impossible to fix on any modern car. The only option is to replace modules which can be pricy.
          Just make sure to buy one with records of regular maintenance (and fixes from recalls) and you'll be golden.

Anecdotal evidence but my 2005 S60 has had zero problems with electronics or drivetrain. The only parts I'm replacing are suspension (probably because shitty rural roads) and I've been through four rear door locks.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

This. The C5 is significantly cheaper and also available with hydropneumatic suspension

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>hydropneumatic suspension
        Thats a funny way to say Leaf Springs

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I don't think you can get C6 for 10k.
      Maintenance on those things is atrocious.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

There are ten for sale within ~150 km of me, and eight are under 10k. The two that are over are not over by much.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

anyone stupid enough to buy one of these deserves what they get.
      just get a fricking C5

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Fits OP's budget.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous
  8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

GM Ampera (European.)

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>w212
    Thats a good choice, also you could get nice and comfy volvo S80 for 10k€, they made that car till 2016. Very low key cars but thats why volvos are so great.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous
      • 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>w212

god tier seats

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

idk the name but the premium seats in f10 are the most comfortable i ever experienced
    also the car itself is actually 7er with shorter wheelbase

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>is 2010 and up

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I forgot what year it was. I'll adjust that to
      >2016 and up
      Don't want anything older than three years really, five years max.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>2016 and up
        enjoy your bug pod. youre not getting anything good that young.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Brainlet confirmed.

Why are poorgays so salty?
          Its not our fault you havent made a success of your life.
          Us gods actually appreciate clods like you, you make our success even more enjoyable.
          Thanks for underachieving!

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>t. also poorgay
            yeah

12. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Skoda Octavia

13. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

chrysler 300c

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

If you looking for that white trash vibe, otherwise get that volvo s80

>w212

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>white trash vibe
        Mutts seriously think everywhere is North America

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Im european, 300c is only driven by white trash here.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

being "white trash" is actually a good thing
            because the people who categorize people like that are also the people who got the covid vaccine, who vote for communists, believe carbon dioxide is bad for the environment etc

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 3 months ago
            Anonymous

You aren't, it's time to stop larping. "White trash" is purely North American thing, because you have a lot of blacks there, so-called "black culture" and the division is based on skin color. Europeans have mudslim rapefugees instead.
            Diesel 300C in Europe are usually driven by ameriboos not strong enough to buy a V8 version.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

You can ask from any other finnish anon here and they will say the same, 300c is ultimate white trash car here. Its driven by worst kinda ameriboos.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Are Finns white to begin with?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

yes

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>seems right to me
            lel

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

You can ask from any other finnish anon here and they will say the same, 300c is ultimate white trash car here. Its driven by worst kinda ameriboos.

The 300C is basically a W211 E-Class with American styling. Thing is, the 300c got the Merc V6 diesel but they never upgraded the 5 speed transmission to the 7 speed.

Doesn't make much sense to buy one tbh.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, I guess it's the
            >American styling
            that attracts these people coupled with rather familiar Merc diesel instead of a proper American engine they fear, that was my point.
            >Doesn't make much sense to buy one tbh.
            If you want to larp as an American with exterior styling and to stay Europoor underneath.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>If you want to larp as an American with exterior styling and to stay Europoor underneath.

It would be an interesting proposition if they came out with the 7 speed, I guess. Same thing with the Jeep Grand Cherokee of this era too, underpinnings are W164 ML Class but the suspension is revised to this lounge chair, floaty feel. It matches a SUV perfectly whereas the Mercedes had harder suspension.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>It would be an interesting proposition
            I believe it's the worst kind of larpers honesly, and the Finnanon here might think the same.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Meh. I don't give a shit what some asiatic thinks. The series 2 300C is a cool looking car. Series 1 stuff looks very dated though. I have a feeling with how ubiquitous they were with American culture, they'll have a revival in another decade or so.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't know what "series" are you talking about, but 2011+ don't have the station wagon option which is not cool.

14. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>is 2010 and up
    into the trash it goes

15. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Probably something French.
    The Peugeot/Citroën diesels are unironically pretty good.
    If you're willing to get something a bit older the Octavia TDI is probably the most affordable reliability king.

16. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Double that and get yourself something nice
    Mine breaks just once a year

17. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>europe
    Which country? There are massive differences between european countries.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

no there arent, its one market

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

each country used car market has different prices, different availability of said cars, different environmental and circulation laws and different preferences

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

So what? Doesnt change what I said. Spot the car you like on autoscout, autotrader or any other site. Go over there to buy the car, drive it back.

I did the same for my rhd mazda 3 bought in the uk for half the price

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

depending on which country you're importing to it might be not worth the trouble, especially for cheap cars
            What's the point in buying a clapped out golf abroad to save 2k only to spend 1k to register it and have to deal with travel and transport costs? Save yourself the trip and time to buy something you can see in an afternoon

18. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Alfa Romeo Giulietta

19. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

F10 530d

20. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Be a bit more flexible with your age limit and you can get the last of the M57 engined BMWs. E60 or E90/E92 with M Sport. These engines are pretty much unbreakable and will do 500,000km no worries. Don't buy anything with a N57 engine in it as timing chains/guides/crankshafts are a weak point.

If you absolutely had to buy a Mercedes diesel V6, it is imperative that you buy the 2012 onwards version as they had a major update with the engine that does 20% better fuel economy and is more reliable in general. The 4 cylinder is dogshit, don't buy.

God bless.

21. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

A Ferarri

22. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Just get a used golf.

23. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>german cars
    >cheap on maintenance

are you moronic op?
    go with pic related, they are like tanks, have great economy and low maintenance costs

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

honda parts are usually expensive.
      the hondas themselves are usually expensive used also.
      bad choice.

24. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Citroen C4

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *