Eurocuck here. Is the Ecoboost Mustang worth a damn?

Eurocuck here.
Is the Ecoboost Mustang worth a damn?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Of course it is. People like to pretend it's not a 310hp rwd manual coupe with a standard LSD. If it had a Toyota badge it would cost twice as much and DA would cum instantly at the thought of it for being based and gigachad and whatever other words teenagers use these days.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much this. They're an 86 but faster, with better fuel economy, and a frickhuge aftermarket.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You posted this with a straight face and zero irony.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Beats the 86 around the track
          >Beats the 86 in fuel economy
          >Imblying the 86 has the aftermarket of fricking mustangs

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Implying
            Enjoy your basic b***h mustang.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Still gaps the highest trim 86

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>beats the 86 around the track
            bullshit, the 86 keeps pace with a pp1 GT.
            Youre getting creamed, josé

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nta as I'm speaking purely about the pic not whatever 4cyl incel beef you guys have. But I fricking hate this chart and the argument you're making because it makes it seem like a 86 is in earshot of a supra or type r when that's just complete fricking fantasy and anyone with a brain knows it. The track they use for these tests is the size of an ant and not done by a professional. Despite the fact that I own a car that's in the top 10 on this list I wouldn't use this list other than an argument that their track sucks.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>2 feet longer for no reason
        >big thick nasty feeling steering wheel
        it actually feels like plastic. I was confused at first and thought there was chewing gum stuck to the back of it.
        >artificially heavy steering
        it's not a meme the steering effort at speeds around 20-30mph is double any other car i've driven
        >3.3 final drive vs 4.1 despite same top speed
        >2.5k rpm wide power band vs 4k
        >direct injection turbo vs dual injection NA
        so you get the same power to weight ratio despite having a turbo that will explode if the oil gets contaminated. and carbon on your valves every 50k miles
        >100k sold a year vs 10k

I think it's good but only with the performance pack. Not sure how much that pushes up the price.

10k i think

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>If it had a Toyota badge it would cost twice as much and DA would cum instantly at the thought of it for being based and gigachad and whatever other words teenagers use these days.
      >this moronic Black person argument again to own le weebz
      Lmao no, no one would want the 86 to be the size of a 6 series and weigh 3600 pounds

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

show me the part in the post where i ever said anything about "the 86" spazoid
        do you think toyota only makes 1 car?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Because this argument is always made when comparing the Ecostang to the 86, don't try to act like an obtuse Black person now

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

but did i compare the mustang to the 86?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I know you implied it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

was it really implied or are you just a schizo

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Gee I don't know, what other Toyota 2+2 sporty coupe in the same price is there that the Ecoboost Mustang and 2.0 Camaro are always compared to as superior to own le toyotards?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

no one is comparing the mustang to any existing car. the point is just that if someone else made the same car, toyota or honda or nissan, whatever, then everyone would love it.
            literally take your meds. the brz isn't going to sleep with you no matter how desperately you whiteknight. can't even mention something with 4 wheels without schizos flying off the handle about the waifu carfu

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>the point is just that if someone else made the same car, toyota or honda or nissan, whatever, then everyone would love it.
            And that point is moronic as I explained because it comes up all the time
            >literally take your meds. the brz isn't going to sleep with you no matter how desperately you whiteknight
            Now you take your meds Black person

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>no one is comparing the mustang to any existing car.
            Also, first reply to your original post

Pretty much this. They're an 86 but faster, with better fuel economy, and a frickhuge aftermarket.

Good job moron, this just proves me right

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So now you have to take responsibility for anything anyone else says just because they quoted you? I have to defend arguments I didn't even make?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>no one is doing this
            >actually someone is doing this, right here
            >uhh huhh *sharts himself*

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Then fight with the guy who actually mentioned the BRZ instead.
            Imagine two guys standing around, one says "weather sure is nice", second guy goes "yeah, great weather for throwing kittens off a bridge" and then you get mad at the first guy and start yelling at him about kittens. I'm not the one who said the thing that made you mad. Be mad at the guy who says the thing you don't like.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Weird deflection but ok

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

At least you finally understand.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
      • 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Lmao no, no one would want the 86 to be the size of a 6 series and weigh 3600 pounds
        Also during the ricer/tuner era 20 years ago you had Neon SRT4 and Cobalt SS competing with Celicas and Integras and they were still popular and liked despite not being japanese so this argument is double moronic
        If Ford made a car with 2.3 that's 25% smaller and lighter and called it Capri or Mustang Jr or whatever, then it would also be liked by the 86 crowd

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That's the problem with the Mustang, it's in the wrong class. The people buying GR86s are usually cross shopping with Miatas and maybe WRXs or Civic Sis. Those are all smaller physically than the Mustang and lighter.

The other problem is the Ecoboost is a crappy engine. I unironically believe the FA24DIT in the 86 is better. Ecoboost has a low redline, does not like to rev, blows up when abused/modded, and isn't very strong. FA24 at least likes to rev and has a high redline.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Ecoboost is a fine engine. You just haven’t and are likely incapable of doing the research and finding quality parts for a build. They are holding 500+ whp no problem

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you have money to mod an Ecoboost to 500 hp just buy a V8 lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because it’s more epic to beat a plaid with a 4cylinder

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, it's that homosexual obsessed with beatings again
            What gapped you this time?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Part of that is replacing the block because they crack in half after 400-420 ft lbs of torque

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Focus RS?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>If Ford made a car that was different in every way from a Mustang then it would also be liked by the 86 crowd
          First of all, no one cares about "the 86 crowd". Even at the peak of their sales they barely moved more than 10k a year, across all badges variants.
          Second, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE BRZ. The existence of that vehicle has literally nothing to do with the original argument.
          The point is that buying a "Mustang" without a V8 has always had a negative connotation, whether it was the V6 or the turbo, even though the fact of the matter is that even with the "poorgay rental spec hairdresser engine", the car is still a good car. Over 300hp, RWD, 2 door, standard LSD, IRS, it has everything everyone is looking for in a sportscar but its only flaw is having a horse on the front. If it wasn't a Mustang, people would put it on a pedestal. If the exact same car was made by [nonspecific Japanese brand] then it would be the second coming of Jesus

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>If it wasn't a Mustang, people would put it on a pedestal. If the exact same car was made by [nonspecific Japanese brand] then it would be the second coming of Jesus
            No matter how much you repeat it won't make it true

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

He's right. While we're here, 2011-2017 v6 mustangs are going to be a great buy in a few years. That engine is fantastic in longitudinal fashion, and does 500+rwhp on 93 with stock internals and a Hiroshima Hairdryer. Also a stock one with an exhaust might be the best sounding V6 ever made. It's easily up there and it just sounds so thoroughly american.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>He's right.
            Nope, see

You talk like a gay and your shit's moronic
            If the Ecoboost Mustang was a hypothetical S16 Silvia or whatever, it'd be hated for being pigfat and disappointed
            If there is one thing your le weeb boogeymen like jap cars for it's for being small and light
            Case in point: all Z cars after Z32 are considered pigfat, NC Miata is the least liked generation for being bigger and heavier than the rest, RX-8 is nowhere near as desired as RX-7s
            No one likes Ecoboost Mustangs because even though it's a bigger and heavier car, it's designed for a big, cool sounding, powerful engine, without it, it feels the equivalent of being 6'5" and ripped, but with a 4 inch wiener

>While we're here, 2011-2017 v6 mustangs are going to be a great buy in a few years. That engine is fantastic in longitudinal fashion, and does 500+rwhp on 93 with stock internals and a Hiroshima Hairdryer. Also a stock one with an exhaust might be the best sounding V6 ever made. It's easily up there and it just sounds so thoroughly american.
            Or, just buy a V8 + a supercharger

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the engine is just unfortunately paired to the hands down worst mustang body style in history

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Still too heavy to be a jap darling.
            If Nissan had made a turbo 4 banger coupe and called it the Silvia, it would be loved, because we know it would be way lighter

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Still too heavy to be a jap darling.
            You DO realize an ecoboost mustang weighs about the same as a Supra or 400Z, right?
            You DO realize that not every single Japanese car is sub 3000lbs, right?
            You DO realize that at the end of the day, the vast, vaaast majority of car buyers prefer power over weight, which is why Ford sold more Mustangs in 2015 than all BRZ and ND sales combined? Not just BRZs and NDs in 2015. ALL BRZs and NDs.
            People who go on and on about weight and handling and muh togue don't exist. They don't buy cars. It's a dozen autistic losers living with their parents who drive a used Tercel and shit post about new cars weighing too much even though they've never driven one and if they're lucky the best they'll be able to afford is a 4th hand Miata with 120k miles on it.
            I think the cope stems mainly from the fact that so many weebs know that the ecoboost mustang is a great car, and they want to buy one, but it's not japanese so that infuriates them.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You talk like a gay and your shit's moronic
            If the Ecoboost Mustang was a hypothetical S16 Silvia or whatever, it'd be hated for being pigfat and disappointed
            If there is one thing your le weeb boogeymen like jap cars for it's for being small and light
            Case in point: all Z cars after Z32 are considered pigfat, NC Miata is the least liked generation for being bigger and heavier than the rest, RX-8 is nowhere near as desired as RX-7s
            No one likes Ecoboost Mustangs because even though it's a bigger and heavier car, it's designed for a big, cool sounding, powerful engine, without it, it feels the equivalent of being 6'5" and ripped, but with a 4 inch wiener

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>so many weebs know that the ecoboost mustang is a great car, and they want to buy one, but it's not japanese so that infuriates them.
            Kek this

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>People who go on and on about weight and handling and muh togue don't exist.

wrong

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I think this right and the same kind of prejudiced ignorant thinking that happens when people criticise any objectively good car. Most of the discussion on DA is trying use myopic arguments to own fans of cars which are all undeniably top tier of those available to the market.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

yes, I drive one when my friend had it on his car lot. Is decent car, nice driving with some power. I would buy it.
    For ppl who REEEE NO V8 REEEE
    In cuckland half of bmw and mercedes coupes have i4 2.0 diesle under the hood...sooo 2.3 ecoboost making 280-300 Hp is fast.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>In cuckland half of bmw and mercedes coupes have i4 2.0 diesle under the hood
      So? How does that make Ecoboost a V8 though?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Anything above 2.0 is usually considered massive over there, so they get moved up a tax bracket or insurance is expensive

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

So? The car in question is not exactly cheap either.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Point is that it will still be faster than everything else, even without the V8

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If I wanted to be faster than everything else, I would buy a bike. Have you owned a car with V8 engine?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So you want him to buy a Civic or a Golf?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Are you moronic?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What's your point then?
            The question was, are the Ecoboost Mustangs good in yurop and the answer is yes, because it's still faster than anything else he could buy over there

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have a 480 hp mustang and I disagree with your opinion. Just be less poor and get the V8 anyway.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think it's good but only with the performance pack. Not sure how much that pushes up the price.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No. Just buy a bmw

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Hell no.
      Don't want any german unreliable piece of shit

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

stfu froggie you will drive ze nazimobile and you vill like it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Wrong direction. I'm from the wood elf end of yurop

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Then you will like it.
            It's kinda like an old Volvo with the 2.3 turbo when you think about it, but as a coupe

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you think you need more you're probably just a benchracing nocar homosexual.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes. Especially with an intercooler and a reflash, which is worth a google.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yup

Expeckshually the new 2024 Egobukkakes. They have moar powah and mo betta

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've driven the ecoboost Taurus and loved it. It's just a turbo to my understanding. Thing got plenty of power, Mustang should be faster.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My buddy is all about the V8s and massive gobs of power, but he rented an ecoboosted vert stang to drive the tail of the dragon and had such a fun time with it, he won't stop talking about it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Now imagine if he had a properly sorted chassis with things like stiffer motor and trans mounts and a sportier suspension that was capable of laterally loading G-forces with actual performance wheels and tires, and didn’t have an extra 1200lbs with a sloppy convertible chassis.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>to drive
    It's great
    >to own
    Frick no

The point of old muscle cars was lots of power and fun but at a level that a common working man can attain and maintain.
    The only way you can do that is by making the engine big.
    Ecoblows is not that, it's a low upfront cost performance engine.
    If you intend to use that performance regularly, it will not last.
    >inb4 muh 110hp Volvo turbo
    Yeah NA performance out of a turbo, no big deal
    >inb4 but they made a poor longevity and reliability V8
    Of course, big is not the only thing needed. But there is no way to make cheap, small, and powerful all at once. You can pick two.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

ecoboosts are fine with a Mazda block, forged internals. Slowhomosexual noboost

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Waaah wahahhh da trifecta doesn’t exist
      Mazda MZR 2.3T

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Are v8 HEMIs easy to work on? On yt videos it seems so.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

as a euro you'd probably be better off just buying a BMW 230i

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>modern bmw
      Be better off driving something made of glass in terms of reliability

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

B48 is far more reliable than the ecoboom

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You're not better off driving a ford

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Didn't they frick the head gasket on these from factory?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes. My work friend has one and it's fricking sweet. Obviously the V8 is better but that doesn't mean the ecoboost sucks. It's a great car with alot of potential. Unsure how much they are in europe but it's probably a good buy.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Yes. My work friend has one and it's fricking sweet.
      Is that an answer to 27448520?
      >Obviously the V8 is better but that doesn't mean the ecoboost sucks. It's a great car with alot of potential.
      I'm not saying Ecoboost sucks (but it does), I'm saying it's not a replacement for a V8, especially for people who enjoy V8s. Not everyone cares about what others think, how many other cars they can "gap" and how many euros they can save annually by buying a turdo 4 cyl instead of a real engine.

What's your point then?
      The question was, are the Ecoboost Mustangs good in yurop and the answer is yes, because it's still faster than anything else he could buy over there

>it's still faster than anything else he could buy over there
      I don't see him asking about having the fastest car on his block, and it's hard to be fast in Yurop outside G*rmany anyway. Too much cops and cameras.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No, it's extremely gay

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nice.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

just buy a Giulia Veloce

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No, its too much extra shit to buy, maintain, break. I only drive NA engines.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People who have made poor financial decisions will say yes. No sub V8 muscle car is worth it at all based on how the veh was built.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Depends on how much you like replacing timing chains.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get a Miata and throw a supercharger on it

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Huh?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *