Europoors don't have pickup trucks. How pathetic.

Europoors don't have pickup trucks. How pathetic.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

even we have
    do they really?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i never seen pickup truck, is it like hatchback?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Basically

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

*mogs your pickup in literally every conceivable way*

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>worse gas mileage
      >worse build quality
      >worse towing capacity
      >worse max load capacity
      >worse comfort
      >worse reliability
      >can't leave the city
      >same price
      >uglier
      >less fun to drive being a i4 fwd slushbox
      The only thing your shitty city vans have on pickups is cargo volume, and they barely win in that capacity.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

all wrong, impressive

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

A 2024 sprinter turbo diesel v6 gets 18 mpg city, 23 highway. The 2024 dodge ram with a GASOLINE V8 has the same fricking fuel economy. The gas V6 gets 20 mpg city, 25 highway. Being a body on frame vehicle and with the optional air suspension, the Ram rides better than a fricking S-class. It's interior may not be as nice or as gimmicky as an S-class, but it's a hell of a lot better than a fricking sprinter, that's for damn sure.

Enjoy your leaf spring suspension, europoor. And worse fuel economy too. Seriously, how did the Germans manage to make a car with a diesel engine that's smaller and moves less weight get the same fuel economy lmao? And they have the audacity to charge 30k euros (over $40k usd here) for these shitboxes. It's not just the Germans though. All modern vans are like this. These city vans are such a fricking scam, it's unbelievable how they get away with it. I was shocked when I actually started looking at the numbers.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Good luck fitting anything to pickup truck compared to sprinter not even talking about long and extra long models.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You do realize they make extended wheelbase trucks too, right?

Also what do you mean fitting? Like a conversion van? Or like a tow hitch? Or putting antennas on it?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

didn't read

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

100% of eurovans are diesels and most come as awd, those gets really good mileage, but you get everything wrong. Do you really think that euros known as superior engineering skills wouldnt be able to build better vehicles than americans?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>most come as AWD
          That doesn't mean a whole lot. Tires and suspension matter more.

Also as I detailed here:

A 2024 sprinter turbo diesel v6 gets 18 mpg city, 23 highway. The 2024 dodge ram with a GASOLINE V8 has the same fricking fuel economy. The gas V6 gets 20 mpg city, 25 highway. Being a body on frame vehicle and with the optional air suspension, the Ram rides better than a fricking S-class. It's interior may not be as nice or as gimmicky as an S-class, but it's a hell of a lot better than a fricking sprinter, that's for damn sure.

Enjoy your leaf spring suspension, europoor. And worse fuel economy too. Seriously, how did the Germans manage to make a car with a diesel engine that's smaller and moves less weight get the same fuel economy lmao? And they have the audacity to charge 30k euros (over $40k usd here) for these shitboxes. It's not just the Germans though. All modern vans are like this. These city vans are such a fricking scam, it's unbelievable how they get away with it. I was shocked when I actually started looking at the numbers.

They get really shitty fuel economy. Shockingly shitty. I always assumed diesels in these things should get like 30mpg, but it's unironically way worse than that. I was gob smacked when I learned about it. Used to hate American trucks too, but after actually looking at the numbers and facts I've kind of changed my mind.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

shut up fat

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>less fun to drive
        That's the only point that is actually true. However, it does get a little less funny once you think about the fact that you get less for more buying such a monstrosity.

If only you Americans had bike lanes...

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

gas mileage
        the fact that you can think this with a straight face and then proceed to type up the rest is honestly kneelable

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>worse gas mileage
        kek
        >worse build quality
        a ford will have worse build quality than a mercedes
        >worse towing capacity
        not so sure
        >worse max load capacity
        lets not get ahead of ourselves
        >worse comfort
        lol, lmao even
        >worse reliability
        hahahahhahahahaahahga
        >can't leave the city
        literal burger mutt brain
        >same price
        nope, way cheaper
        >uglier
        both are equally ugly
        >less fun to drive
        probably true but im sure trucks arent very fun to drive anyway

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I'm not a truck guy, but this entire posts reads as someone with absolutely no experience with these things as compared to sprinter vans. I've driven both very meaty trucks and sprinters (which are just rebadges, so the same vehicle in the US and Europe).

On gas mileage with stock six cylinder engines, the mileage tends to be slightly better for trucks, but it should be noted that a much higher percent of pickups here are coming in below that mark. It's probably a wash.

On build quality/reliability, I can only say that a previous Ford expedition (SUV) last substantially longer than the only mercedes I have owned, which needed prohibitively expensive repairs after only around 40k miles (not covered!).

On load capacity, he is definitely wrong. There is a reason a sprinter is a step up from a pickup with companies like UHaul in terms of load capacity.

On price, the cheapest trucks actually are cheaper many times. Then again, many of the perks of driving a truck are gone at this price point and few people are actually buying these trucks outside of work fleets.

On the comfort and fun to drive scale, this is where trucks in America shine. They don't have work-like interiors. If anything, makers will skimp on the actually capabilities of the vehicle in favor of ultra luxe interiors.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>kek
          see:

A fricking turbo diesel has the same fuel economy as a GASOLINE V8.
          >a ford will have worse build quality than a mercedes
          Keep believing in simplistic statements like this. Yeah, a lot of Ford's products are built like shit. The trucks are one of their modern vehicles that aren't. Having plenty of time with Sprinters and F-150s, the F-150 has monumentally better build quality especially at higher trim levels. Besides the fact that Ford isn't the only manufacturer who makes pickups, not sure why you singled them out.
          >not so sure
          A Sprinter with the turbo diesel can tow 7500lbs. An F-150 does 14000, a Ram 1500 does 12500, a Silverado does 9500. That's not getting into the F-250/F-350/2500/3500s etc.
          >lets not get ahead of ourselves
          I was wrong on this one actually. Sprinters can carry about double weight.
          >lol, lmao even
          Yes, a shitty unibody with tiny tires and leaf springs does not compare to a body-on-frame vehicle with air suspension.
          >hahahahhahahahaahahga
          Yep. Look at the numbers.
          >burger mutt brain
          I know it's hard for a European to imagine, since you guys don't actually have any "rural" areas, but zero ground clearance on skinny tires from a subcompact with next to zero suspension travel is not something you take out into a field or on a trail or even up an Appalachian holler.
          >nope, way cheaper
          Meanwhile, in reality, pic related.
          Base price of the F-150 is $38k, base price of the Sprinter is $39k. I know Balkanoids aren't the brightest crayons in the box, but $38k < $39k
          >probably true but im sure trucks arent very fun to drive anyway
          Because you've never even driven one. Just like you've never driven a van. You probably don't even have a license at all.

Of course, that doesn't matter that you don't actual have any practical hands on experience with either of these vehicles. You're on the internet after all. You could have just looked this all up. But instead you chose to go off of pure assumption and show your ass. Lmao.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>he's from a shithole like west virginia
            kek

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

good bait

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

fuming dog

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>You don't get it, I NEED a 9.2 liter V8, all wheel drive, 10.000kg heavy duty work vehicle to go to the office and to McDonald's

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i drive a volkswagen amarok,jokes on you

but its mainly for annual tax benefits and offroad capability,not for flexing,it consumes fuel as same as some old shitbox gasoline car and has smaller taxes

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

americans dont know about european pick up trucks or that those even exists.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Thats just a ford ranger with a WW badge THOUGH

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>put flatbed on car
    >call it truck
    why are Americans like this?

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I really want a tiny truck. I'm not into the gigantic bullshit Ford F-9001 shit, just a small one like the size of an 80's Ford Ranger would be cool.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Would you take this, new single cab and diesel

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's alright but I know nothing of isuzu trucks. Don't they only have the one? Do they know what they're doing?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Its japanese and sells well here so i think its good as hilux.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

then buy an 80s ranger moron

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm not good at fixing my own vehicle and I want modern amenities and horsepower, I just don't want the truck to be this gigantic motherfricker.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

homosexual

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I know I'm such a fricking soi boi for not wanting a forty year old truck with 300k miles on it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

unironically yes

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Your only easy option is one of the newer mid sizes then.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah I'm shit out of luck.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That wouldn't fit down my road

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Oh yeah?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>The Caddy came to fruition when Volkswagen of America was experimenting with Golf derivatives, developing an estate and a pickup truck with a 1.83 m-long (6.0 ft) bed.[1]:28 VW of America's engineering team was led by Duane Miller, who acknowledged the initial design was completed in partnership with Sheller Globe.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

MOVE ASIDE BURGER

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

why did you post this ugly piece of shit

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

who cares about the looks, pickups are "utility" vehicles
        my picrel is actually spacious and its size is useful for 99% of people, unlike pickups and their truck beds

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Wow a minivan

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

minivans are very popular with families

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>refuses to use vans over pickups
        >refuses to use wagons over minivans/suvs
        what the actual FRICK is your problem

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

we invented all of those types of vehicles and used them for a long time, but came up with better ideas. it's not our fault your continent's
          auto industry is stagnant.

why would anybody buy a van for a daily driver when they're just as expensive as a truck while also being less reliable, have worse fuel economy, have more expensive repairs, are less comfortable and trucks offer more than enough cargo space for moving things like sofas and beds?

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Implying that amerifats even get the same sprinters as europeans, even vito was sold as some cucked metris model without diesel option

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Europoors don't have pickup trucks. How pathetic.
    I have.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this was my first car and i loved it
      skoda is very underrated

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

simple engineering, simple construction, easy to repair...
        You can buy Škoda Felicia for 400 EUR and just ride.
        Not for me in these days - any crash over 30km/h = you are dead.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why are Americans so deathly insecure?

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I drive pic related. It's kinda useless at hauling stuff for most of the year due to weather. I just drive it because I like the look and feel of old trucks.
    When I need to haul stuff like furniture etc I just rent a van.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

based 6.5td enjoyer

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's immortal.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I just drive it because I like the look and feel of old trucks.
      Thats true. How is it as a daily? I'd imagine it would show its age but on the other hands its probably easy to fix?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Engine wise it's bulletproof. Never had any issues, same with the trans.
        Wiring has required some work, it a thirsty vehicle so fuel isn't all that fun but it's a nice truck to just drive around in. Parts are cheap and easy to find.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I can imagine its one of those cases where the frame ends up giving in to rust before the engine

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

do you guys salt your roads?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Lapland is salt free and even in south its nothing like in american salt belt what i have seen, they try to use more gravel here instead and everyone have nordic winter tires, studded ones are most common so not much need for salt anyway.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, though not sure how much. Also theres the gravel they use on roads ends up hitting he body which chips away the paint

no, we use sand (actually gravel) insteead

Yes, in the livable parts of the country

interesting
            i figured you guys didnt
            american pickup frames will last an eternity if you don't drive it over salt and even then only some pickups are likely to have serious problems i.e. toyota tundra

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

What is worst region for salt, new england or midwest?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

idk but i wouldn't buy a pickup from either if i didn't have to
            salt free here

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Probably New England. A place like Connecticut will salt the roads with tons of the stuff when it's projected to snow 1.5" and keep salting even if it doesn't snow. There's an incentive to salt as much as possible with how city and state budgets work.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Car dealerships must love the saltman

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

One thing they do is buy used cars at auction and sell them in different states to people that don't know anything about salt damage.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, though not sure how much. Also theres the gravel they use on roads ends up hitting he body which chips away the paint

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

no, we use sand (actually gravel) insteead

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yes, in the livable parts of the country

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

var saltas ens vägarna i Sverige längre? de bawdade ju med det för länge sedan för det var dåligt för bilarna, och allt jag ser på vägarna är ju grus

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://www.trafikverket.se/resa-och-trafik/underhall/sa-skotervi-vagar/vintervaghallning/vagsalt---bara-dar-det-behovs/

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

#juMerManVet

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>It's kinda useless at hauling stuff for most of the year due to weather.
      why don't you just get a truck cap?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Because it still holds far less than a normal rental van even if I do and I also hate how that looks.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

dude you own the thing and are complaining about not being able to use it due to weather, i'm just giving you a tip to mitigate that. wtf does the cargo capacity of a van have to do with whether or not you make the thing you actually own more useful to you?
          >yeah it sucks i can't really use this thing during the winter, but i won't fix it because a van has more storage volume
          like homie okay???

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

We have trucks, especially Toyota and Ford.
    But vans are a lot more usable in our countries since whatever you are hauling is protected both from weather and the local gypsies.
    I own picrel and use it whenever I need to help someone move, when I buy big stuff or just need a place to camp on my fishing trips.
    Helped both my siblings move and you can fit pretty much an entire apartment worth of stuff in there.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Doing some van-tetris with furniture is always satisfying kek.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Are finnish heaters particularly good quality? How often do Finns drive around with broken heaters?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Finns like Volvo, Saab, Skoda and old Mercedes. All have great heaters.
      My old Volvo 245 is a sauna in the winter if I want it that warm.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I.. I kinda want one

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

we do but they are japanese and korean and much better than amerifat trash

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>unibody garbage

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Hilux is body on frame...

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

now let's see the other asian trucks

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Isuzu d max is also body on frame

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

brandon gone awfully silent
            frick him and his little underage anus, fricking spastic

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

There's also the Toyota Titan apparently. Honda, Nissan and Hyundai's trucks are all unibody, though. Rumors are that Toyota might switch to a unibody for future Tacomas and Hiluxes. With the Maverick, and not the god awful Cybertruck being unibody, I wouldn't be surprised if BoF trucks were extinct within the next 20 years. We'll probably see a unibody F-150 in the next 5. What a shame it all is.

brandon gone awfully silent
            frick him and his little underage anus, fricking spastic

>Nooo!!! You can't reply to other people!!
            Chill tf out sven or whatever you discount swedish fishermen call yourselves.

>he's from a shithole like west virginia
            kek

Nope. Just an example, though.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>and not the god awful Cybertruck
            now the god awful*

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Nissan navara is also body on frame, other asian pickup trucks sold in europe are some mitsubishis and those are probably too body on frame.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Now that you mention it I took this picture 3 days ago because the town was cute and it happens to have a pickup in it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Thats the mistsubishi btw, and its also body on frame.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

this mogs the ameripoor

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Every American who's into cars has immense respect for the Unimog. Vastly more respectable vehicle than a G-Class.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

every major european truck manufacturer produces trucks like this
        we just dont pretend we need something we dont
        and then there are tractors if you really need shit to be done
        the american "truck" has no actual purpose

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>the american "truck" has no actual purpose
          I actually talked to an American not too long about this
          he found it equally comical how you have these massive frickoff huge work-oriented vehicles to not do any work with

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

They're not even remotely the same kind of vehicle as a standard pickup truck anon. A Unimog is great at extreme off-roading, but I would never want one as a daily driver.
          >we just dont pretend we need something we dont
          Modern American Trucks are some of the most comfortable cars you can buy today, more than you are ready to give them credit for. A top trim Dodge Ram floats down the road as nicely as an S-class, I'm not shitting you. All while being way less picky about maintenance and much cheaper to repair. All brands have massage seats, are covered in premium materials, have great build quality, etc. They're genuinely nice cars, probably the most luxurious we make. You look at them and see a utility vehicle, because that's the heritage, but the modern pickup is more than that. They comfortably seat 4 people, have more cargo space than you'll ever have need for, have great off-road capabilities by default, etc.

Okay, the average person isn't going to take their truck off-road, and will very rarely, if ever make use of all the cargo space. What does that mean though? Why is that a reason to not get it? What's the bad side of a tool being overqualified for the job you get it for, like buying a 4090 to only emulate NES games. Well, you're wasting money on capability that you probably won't ever use. So you go to look at alternatives, but all of them are genuinely less comfortable, less well built, and probably less reliable. So if those things matter to you, why would you choose them when you can afford the truck? It being more than you need doesn't override the fact that they're actually fricking amazing daily drivers. It makes them more attractive, because you know you're covered in the event of the unexpected. And that's what you have to understand. The land yacht died in 2011, and the American truck picked up the torch. The upper class who bought Lincolns and Cadillacs in the 1960s now buys trucks, because that's the actual successor to those cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Least brain-damaged RAM driver.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I drive a 2008 Lincoln Town Car. I'll never buy a pickup because I don't think they're cool. But I understand the appeal, because I refuse to drive anything that isn't a BoF RWD naturally aspirated V8 with cushy suspension.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

most americans don't need a pickup and most americans don't drive one but don't pretend they aren't useful and convenient for many people

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

truckold

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Like i dont know how much salt they use in america because i seen cars completely eaten by it, i dont have any visible rust in my 10 year old volvo its treated with anti rust covering though but still.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

there's two good american cars
    they're the wrangler and the corvette

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *