EV drives more

How come EV drivers drive more than gas drivers? WTF. Wasn't the whole point of EVs that we be sustainable and reduce the usage of cars?

How the frick are they driving more?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nobody cares about your Twitter ad you piece of shit

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because they're was more pleasant to drive. Driving a gas car feels like you're keeping your ear to the ground to figure out which part you'll need to spend $400 to repair
    Carbon shit aside it's just so much nicer to drive electric

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I got rid of my rube goldberg machine due to range anxiety.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>a typical EV weighs significantly more than a typical ICE vehicle
    >replacing all ICE vehicles with EVs will cause significantly more wear and tear and roads
    >to keep up with road repair and maintenence costs, taxes will skyrocket

I love how no politician is talking about this. And let's not forget how the fuel tax will be also be made up somehow. The government isn't just going to give up that money.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

explains why the buzzbox owner feels the need to drive around.

>And let's not forget how the fuel tax will be also be made up somehow
      Most states are switching to or have already switched mileage based tax. They won't get rid of the gas tax though, gotta keep that double dip going as long as they can.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The damage done to roads by passenger vehicles of any sort is literally a rounding error compared to the wear & tear done by heavy commerical vehicles. The extra weight from EVs makes very little difference here.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

this. It's why I am very much behind more freight rail. Save all our tax dollars if there are less trucks on the road.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/lUMG7xz.jpeg

It doesn't. EVs are almost in line with the average car weight. Truggays are the problem and it is funny how people care about weight now.

this. It's why I am very much behind more freight rail. Save all our tax dollars if there are less trucks on the road.

This. If anons don't believe it you can look at equivalent axles.
        t. civil engineering stud

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It doesn't. EVs are almost in line with the average car weight. Truggays are the problem and it is funny how people care about weight now.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This here; people who know they will be driving a lot are more likely to buy an EV; especially those who have long but fixed length commutes. There are plenty of people out there who regularly drive 100 to 150 miles a day for work reasons; a lot more miles than average, but well within a single daily charge for most EVs.

See

Nobody cares about your Twitter ad you piece of shit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Tongue my anus you troon

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>presenting statistics in an intentionally misleading manner

Yes, semis are heavier than passenger vehicles. But there are 20 times more passenger vehicles on the road.

And saying the weight difference between EVs and ICE vehicles is "negligible" makes absolutely no sense. EVs are objectively heavier which means they will cause more damage to roads. That's not a matter of opinion. That's a fact.

• 4 weeks ago
          civil engineering stud

Anon, asphalt fails because of fatigue. The weight of passenger vehicles isn't enough to deform the asphalt enough to generate fatigue cracks.

• 4 weeks ago
          Gears

Did this discussion come up because it was on german TV earlier today?
          'Cause they had a special on worn-out roads this noon where they had a civil engineering professor present some statistics
          long story short, a single 40t truck causes about as much damage as 50,000 average cars because it's an exponential function of axle weight with the exponent between 4 and 5...
          He explained that for the purpose of road maintenance calculation, cars serve as best as distancing-pieces between trucks. They don't matter for fatigue.
          So while heavier cars do cause substentially more damage than light cars, that's like arguing about wheter you took a cup or a bucket out of an olympic swimming pool.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>EVs are objectively heavier
          Only when compared to all vehicles on the road, which includes a lot of older cars.
          Any group of exclusively new cars will be 'objectively heavier'.

The issue is not EVs, the issue is vehicles as a whole are heavier.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Hummer H2s weigh 6400lbs you moronic homosexual.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>fat man on freakishly heavy bike
        Wow didn't think they would call me out

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

y-y-you’re a freakishly heavy bike?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nice completely made up numbers you got there

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Incorrect. You remove a bunch of gas tankers off the road, which makes EVs cause less damage.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No passenger vehicles contribute to road wear in any significance. Now when you have 40t on wheels, that does have an impact.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sadly there's no reasonable alternative to trucks for the last hundred miles of any delivery. We need to improve railways obviously but you'll always have that ending trip

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Eliminating the need to truck fuel around would significantly reduce semi truck miles driven.
          Just like it would eliminate about 1/3 of the emissions from large ships.

Eliminating fuel use for daily driving would have lots of beneficial secondary effects.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah air quality would jump up, that would be great
            Do you think electric boats are gonna be a thing anytime soon? I think nuclear powered shipping boats are more likely honestly

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Do you think electric boats are gonna be a thing anytime soon?
            Electric boats have been a thing for something like 120 years and nuclear boats are electric boats.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Alright, "battery boats"

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Again, they've been a thing for a long time. The batteries have just gotten progressively more capable, and the ways power goes into the batteries have become more varied.
            If you're asking if the largest ships will ever be powered purely by battery, I guess that depends on your definition of a battery. Flow batteries might be a good solution for ships that need GWh scale storage, but they work more like a fuel cell and would also require a more conventional buffer battery.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>our data

Most of this EV shit is just marketing propaganda

Intuition says its bullshit because ICE mog EVs in total range

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This and you fricking morons keep bumping this bot thread

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>reduce the usage of cars
    where did you get that from? never been a topic
    >reduce emissions
    what politicans will say to look good
    >reduce cost of driving
    the actual reason people buy them and its more beneficial the more you drive, not necessarily thoose who do long roadtrips now and then but thoose who end up making shitloads of errands each day that totals a lot over a year.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>tiny sample size drives more than gigantic sample size that varies wildly as to what they do with their car
    >people who are rich enough to afford a Tesla + charger flaunt it and drive around more than your average joe that gets a beater just to get to work and back

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>fuel costs less so you drive more

Really quite simple anon

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This here; people who know they will be driving a lot are more likely to buy an EV; especially those who have long but fixed length commutes. There are plenty of people out there who regularly drive 100 to 150 miles a day for work reasons; a lot more miles than average, but well within a single daily charge for most EVs.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>fuel costs less so you go to places you don't even want to go

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't know anon. I don't need to bind 100K on my shitbox before I can take it for a spin. I can drive quite a while until I have to pay 97K for gas.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ICE drivers are more likely to enjoy driving cars, so they're more likely to have multiple cars, thus they're more likely to put less miles on their primary vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

most bullshit reason i've heard yet

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Wasn't the whole point of EVs that we be sustainable and reduce the usage of cars?
    The point was to make people's existing lifestyles more sustainable, which driving a Model Y charged from your garage to commute 40 miles instead of a 10-year old Honda Pilot that gets 20 miles to the gallon does indeed accomplish.

Granted, there are presently issues with EVs and the present state of battery technology that do not make them a full substitute for ICE vehicles yet, but for a commuter pod, they're pretty solid option if you live in a place with a reliable power grid.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They're actually great for blackouts because you can hook up an inverter to them (unless it already has one built in) and power your fridge, microwave, TV, etc. I'm not sure how Teslas respond to inverters, though. With my Volt I get 1000 watts of continuous power.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How the frick are they driving more?
    They have to drive around further to find a charging station.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Unless you're a big city hustle and bustler you just plug it in to your garage

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's hard not to enjoy the instant torque and smooth power delivery. Also, it doesn't feel as wasteful to go out on night drives as much because recharging is cheap. I do more recreational driving with my Volt than any other car I had previously.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Gears

Chances are it's just the same situation as with diesels in europe: the higher inital cost are more quickly compensated by the lower fuel-cost when you have a lengthy commute.
    So those people driving an hour each way with limited traffic jams will find that an appealing option.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EV drivers are cheating because EVs are easier to drive and they don't have to spend money on gas. They aren't trve drivers. They're fake.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They have to drive around looking for a vacant charging spot.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EVs cost much less per-mile in both gas and maintenance, so they make a lot of sense for people who drive a lot every day. They also emit much less pollution per-mile.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>this entire thread talking about EV mileage
    >not even a single anon mentioning that there's probably a good chunk of people that own solar panels in their houses that effectively give those EVs free fuel
    idk man if my car kept getting free gas refills out of nowhere just by being close to my home I'd drive it more often for fun as well

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *