>everyone says japanese engines consume engine oil

>everyone says japanese engines consume engine oil
>even the owners manual says its "normal" for the engine to consume oil
>mfw my japanese car has ALL of its oil by the end of a 5k engine oil change, literallly probably didnt even burn 100ml of oil

is it because its new? will it start consuming oil down the road? how is it "normal" if it isnt doing it right now?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Your time will come, anon. Especially if you use any sort of 0W weak bullshit, you're destined for future headaches.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Boomer

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Not even close and I promise 2 of my 3 cars make more power than anything you own, while being home built. The modern oil weights are nothing but chasing tighter emissions standards, not because they're good.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yeah your shit built probably needs 20w50 to run. You don't understand that the car industry has manufacturing clearances that would blow your mind. You burn 30w in a 20w engine because the oil scraper ring can't handle it. Don't bullshit about ancient engines nobody uses.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Lol, I run 10w30 Amsoil in everything, the big block sees 5w20. I'm fully aware of modern tolerances, and again, they're chasing emissions and mileage goals above all else, not reliability. Those ancient engines you mock are dead reliable and a breeze to fix, if anything goes wrong in the first place.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

newbies haven’t earned their stripes. your car has no soul. it’s hardly even japanese.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

same, i have a mazda and a toyota, both with 100k+, and they never burn a drop of oil. perfectly full to the mark after 6 months.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>300k mile toyota only burnt .5 liters in 4k miles instead of 1.2liters
    >all i did was differently this oil change was 135mph on the interstate
    guess all she needed was a little italian tuneup EYUP

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>>all i did was differently this oil change was 135mph on the interstate
      can anyone decipher this or did this guy really do a oil change while going 135mph on the interstate? if so, very impressive

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>all I did differently, during this oil change cycle, was to drive 135mph on the interstate, implying that speed improved the engines ability to run without consuming oil

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>can anyone decipher
        y' a dummy n' i wish i could do somethin' like that yessir

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Running an older engine at high speeds and therefore high rpm for an extended period of time will burn off a good amount of carbon deposits that will build up over many years of gentler driving. This in turn leads to better clearances and less oil making its way into the combustion chamber. This is know as an "Italian tune-up" and is really only effective on vehicles that are grannied around. Tyrone's vehicles that use the throttle like an on off switch are consuming oil for different reasons.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

mine only seems to sip a bit more oil than usual if i run it hard. but no surprise that running an engine harder than usual would consume more oil as a result

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

All engines consumes engine oil to some degree.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

As long as you aren't burning more than 1.1qt every 600 miles per Toyota you're fine.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

In various 30-40 year old Japanese cars with 200-300k miles I have found them to honestly consume very little oil during normal use. about 1/2 quart in 3000 miles for my NA cars that sit at 4000rpm on the motorway, and about 3/4 quart in 6000km for my turbo car. I usually do not need to add any oil during a normal change interval.

Contrast that the North star caddies I used to drive that could consume 1quart per 1000 miles and that was considered "normal" and "acceptable". The caddies also as a result tended to need the cats replaced every 60-80k miles as they would clog up with soot I assume from the oil it burns, and possibly from the insanely rich mixture when you romp down on the throttle.

On the other hand my mother owned a GrandAm GT with the pushgod 3400 for about 15 years. I do not think it even consumed a measurable amount of oil in 6 months. I can say many things I disliked about the car, but mechanically it was just well designed in the powertrain department

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've never had this happen and only ever owned Japanese. When I discard my oil I put it into old containers, they all have the same 4-5 quarts I put in depending on the car. What kind of boomerism is this? American car company shilling perhaps?

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This has been my experience as well. I've owned probably 10-15 cars, various Japanese and American domestic cars and trucks.

All but one Japanese vehicle burned oil in various quantities. The 98' Corolla and '06 Impreza were the worst offenders. They were still reliable and ran fine, but you always had to add oil.

The domestics I've owned, all except 1 did not burn oil, and the one that did, only burned a small amount on startup due to valve seals.

I think Japanese vehicles have a different piston run design/tolerance.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My car has oil leak and still be at full by the time I do a oil change.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'll tell you a secret.
    It's intentional design philosophy. It both prevents low rpm high load fouling and controls the cat temp under adverse conditions so it lasts longer.

Why do you think their fuel economy numbers have been so good for so long?
    Engine is an oil eater similar to how F1 calculates oil consumption as extra fuel energy.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Take it case by case. If you maintain your engine and treat it decently that's all you can do.
    I have had american, european, and japanese burn oil. The only noticeable ones were the 5.7 hemi that had a lifter tick for 70k miles towards thee end. That was 1 qt per 5k miles.
    The infamous 1zz that was 1qt per gas tank.
    Euro engines were old air cooled italian bikes, Hard to tell if it's burning, or leaking but that's only 1/4 qt or less per 5k

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>WRX
    >burns through 5L of oil in 10,000km and spins a rod bearing
    >rebuild engine
    >50,000km later
    >can drive 10,000km seemingly without burning a drop of oil
    it's a lottery

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Did you make it a closed deck like a smart person or put it back together open deck like a dumb kid?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *