EVs and

Are EV’s just naturally hated here? Gas powered all the way?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it's a couple trolls. the majority of us like them a lot. My next car will be an EV. My parents just got an EV. My coworkers are getting EVs too.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No one likes evs you homosexual

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>10% of cars sold are EVs in the US, like 20% globally. The number is rising.
        touch grass kid, EVs are the future

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

What's a grass kid?
          evs are GAY as FRICK

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>2 billion dollars in market value down the drain in fricking seconds

America is full of backward minded chuds, simple as.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Everyone that isn't dedicated to sucking Musk's wiener has seen that the industry is pivoting away from EVs. Hydrogen is the future, and it's slightly less gay than electric.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

why are you lying? hydrogen is dead. 100% dead.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Toyota's been developing it all along, and BMW is ditching electric for hydrogen. Electric is a dying fad.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

0/10 troll

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

How does the musky one's wiener taste?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I mean I really don't know what to say. hydrogen is dead. It has been for a decade or more. BMW is not ditching EVs, post a source moron. And the hydrogen stations in CA are all being shut down. It was all a scam to get funding from California.

There are like more EV cars made in one day than the entirety of hyromeme production over the past 5 years or something lmao

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Everyone that isn't dedicated to sucking Musk's wiener has seen that the industry is pivoting away from EVs. Hydrogen is the future, and it's slightly less gay than electric.

Toyota's been developing it all along, and BMW is ditching electric for hydrogen. Electric is a dying fad.

don't reply to the troll frickwads

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            [...]
            don't reply to the troll frickwads

Behold, the two EVtards, poorly attempting a psyop on the newbies.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

what?
          german here, registered BEVs are close to 2% of total registered cars now.
          and dont forget people that can afford a BEV often have more than one car.

in january 2024 there were 253k new cars registered and 22.7k of them were BEVs.
          and if you want to know about the reason you can read it here

Nothing wrong with EVs in general, but they are just way too expensive for the average person for now.
          Got myself a hybrid Renault Clio V for 20k. It's no race car but it's got all the necessary comforts, 750km on a full gas tank, cruise control, speed limiter, CarPlay/Android Auto support, a fair amount of space in the trunk and so on. If I put 20k into an EV I'd barely get a Twingo with 150km of range and barely enough space for two grocery bags in the trunk.
          There's no doubt that the car industry will fully shift to EV or hydrogen eventually, but right now it's still only for rich people.

we have 0 infrastructure for them but people are expected to buy BEVs that are twice as expensive while they cost the same or even less.
          just google what just happened to that VW dealer that reimported VW IDs from china, which was a legal by law.
          this is all about profit.

the manufacturers dont give a damn whether the whole thing makes sense, the only thing that counts is selling even more cars and the politicians believe they have a partner on the road to the future.

and meanwhile a kWh on a public station costs 50ct+.

read my comment with the 2011 audi pic here.

[...]

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Germany shut-down their last nuclear power plant last April. It would make zero sense to drive an EV there from an environmental or even economic standpoint.
            Meanwhile France is the most-nuclear country in the world. I grew up on that border on the german side.
            If you can afford it and just want to do crazy-fast pulls, that's fine. Just as long as you're not acting like you're saving the world by buying a car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

agreed.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>10% of the market
          Lmao i guess everyone uses macs to now

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yeah I dont give a shit Black person, go be mad when election season is over again

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Delusional shill

https://i.imgur.com/al0tjdr.jpg

Are EV’s just naturally hated here? Gas powered all the way?

They have 3 pros and several deal breaking cons

>Acceleration
      >Torque
      >Easier to generate your own eletricty than to make your own fuel

Now the cons
      >Too much software and electronics
      >You're locked out of said software
      >Get fricked up the ass on any minor repair
      >Automatics are already souless, EVs are 10x worse
      >Too heavy
      >Batteries are a huge problem
      >They're bad tech that are being forced down our throats by ignorant gays and evil people who wants us caged and chiped

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if it doesn't have a clutch pedal, it's for women and cripples. seething autobabbies and EV fetuses need not reply

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You clutch pedal fricks

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Based

it's a couple trolls. the majority of us like them a lot. My next car will be an EV. My parents just got an EV. My coworkers are getting EVs too.

checked and moron pilled

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

it also does not have a choke valve and doesn't start with a hand crank

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No one cries that the hard disk went away in favor of solid state drives.
    So why is this issue of ICE on its way out in favor of EVs becoming so politicized?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why get something that requires hours to use it again after driving it for 300 miles when i can get something that requires 5 minutes to use it again after driving it for 400 miles? The way I see it, you're getting something worse than the thing it is supposed to replace.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You weren't there when it happened. There were tons of people on DA who would happily call you a moron for "wasting" more money for a smaller capacity drive.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>So why is this issue of ICE on its way out in favor of EVs becoming so politicized?
      because politicians got involved making targets, limiting fuel consumption, stricter emission standards, adding rebates, scrappage schemes, supply chain issues, IP protection downright protectionism. hell, EU even think of "battery passports"

while HDDs got displaced by SSDs, because SSDs are arguably better (faster) product that changes user experience. and there was virtually zero politics involved, just pure capitalism

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Its not like fossil fuel infrastructure isn't political, or benefiting from protectionist policies.
        The whole reason for the push for EVs is they require fewer ongoing taxpayer subsidies.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

electric motors are cool.
    EVs and their burny batteries aren't that great right now

• 1 month ago
      Supra80

Hench why the fuel cell is the actual future of automobiles. The benefits of the EV with the convenience ICE. Only thing really holding it back in the current lack of infrastructure.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>fuel cell is the actual future of automobiles
        >Toyota has to knock 40k off mirai and give people $15k in free fuel
        >people still don't buy it

yeah, just lose 55k on every car, that's a sustainable business model

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

hydrogen costs $11 a gallon and is even harder to transport than gas

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Where do you live? You sure as frick better have the actually green electricity and the water to make your own hydrogen if you're going to shill this bullshit.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Hydrogen is a fricking meme. Just a couple weeks ago Shell closed all of it's hydrogen stations in America
        In a Bjorn Nyland video he comes across a Mirai at a decomissioned hydrogen station under several feet of snow
        The damn things are literal bricks once a hydrogen station closes down. No you won't be generating and filling up a 10k psi fuel system at home

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've yet to meet anyone IRL who is passionate about driving AND enjoys their EV. If you view driving as a problem and have the money for a luxury car, they're fine.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Lots of the arguments here but they are usually purely emotional. People will quote the exception and not the rule quite often and when it comes down to it some people just seem scared of the change

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

evs are naturally hated everywhere the astroturf failed

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Just burn the gas 100 miles away so normies don't even notice, just to funnel the automotive production money that would've gone to USA/JP/EU workers to China instead!

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Nothing wrong with EVs in general, but they are just way too expensive for the average person for now.
    Got myself a hybrid Renault Clio V for 20k. It's no race car but it's got all the necessary comforts, 750km on a full gas tank, cruise control, speed limiter, CarPlay/Android Auto support, a fair amount of space in the trunk and so on. If I put 20k into an EV I'd barely get a Twingo with 150km of range and barely enough space for two grocery bags in the trunk.
    There's no doubt that the car industry will fully shift to EV or hydrogen eventually, but right now it's still only for rich people.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have nothing against EVs per se. I actually think that because you can stick the motors basically anywhere, EVs could bring on a great RWD revival. I'm not too bothered about things like engine noise.
    The big obstacle is weight, batteries are too fricking heavy right now, and that results in EVs being very lame. I hope range extenders can be effectively used to reduce battery weight, or new battery tech can reduce the weight.
    Still, I think that EVs alone are not the future. The way things are even the greenest and gayest of governments will probably throw in the towel and ICE will eventually have a resurgence.

In addition, my mother has a Model 3 and it's an absolute shitbox. At least the problems it causes give me more reasons to visit her.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

DA hates EVs because only the world’s richest African American can build the good ones.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That hats backwards.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have an EV but I am not exactly your average DA user now that the average DA user is some stupid racist hillbilly. Giving hillbillies internet was a mistake.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The people shilling them are cancerous. They have no basic understanding of electricity or motors. They're completely ignorant on how things work in the real world.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Are EV’s just naturally hated here? Gas powered all the way?
    No and no. There are EV's that have sovl (see picrel), but most are goy-slop pods. That's not to say that there aren't already ICE goy-slop pods, but car designers know how to make cars with soul and make them desirable irrespective of how they are powered.

They unfortunately are bound by the budget allotted for styling, regulatory restrictions, and engineering demands. Those are just some of the things that could otherwise make a beautiful car become another goy-slop pod.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>No and no. There are EV's that have sovl (see picrel)

Does it have soul because it loses to a BMW M3?

?si=y69o2HlESdPMRrsf&t=266

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Does it have soul because it loses to a BMW M3?
        Absolutely. The Air can lose a race with a turk-spec BMW with a israelite nose and still go home a winner.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

it has soul because people will still respect you for driving it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That's actually a really good point. Even the "performance" ones are cars nobody would care about even if they had great ICE engines, equivalents of stuff like the Panamera and M3 (current gen, obviously the E30-E92 are a different story), cars that don't have much enthusiast appeal either.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I just sold my 2001 mk 4 gti manual for a 2024 tesla y. It hurt a bit but the tesla is pretty sick even though it seems like a cheaply made toy car.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Gas powered all the way?
    Nah. Better would be flexfuel vehicles because these can run gasoline, ethanol, methanol. Ethanol, methanol should be the main fuel source, but no completely banning fossil fuels because multiple different fuel sources are always important to have.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it's just the typical DA chud mindset of
    >old thing le good new thing le bad

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Electric cars are definitely cool in and of themselves. The potential in them for some things is definitely there. The problem is that new electric cars aren't just being developed in some isolated push from within the automotive industry. Soilicon valley is astroturfing an absolutely moronic tech futurist vision for something that is absolutely not there. A war between ICEs vs Electric Motors would be incredibly interesting if it were actual engineers of actual merit out-developing each other. Instead its one industry in decline vs a bunch of utterly worthless morons who are more dependent on the government than the inner city black population.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Currently to expensive to be just a commuter / second car, so ill keep rocking my GMTs. Ramcharger might be the ticket, but is made by Stelantis. To bad 5.3 and diesel Silverados are way overpriced.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

REMINDER: Make more EV threads, DA will seethe but they can't do anything about it. The world has left them behind.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ugly, expensive, don't make any cool noises, being pushed by authoritarian climate hysterics and soulless bugmen alike. Of course a website full of autists and anti-authority people hate them.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I dislike heavy vehicles and I find electric-only to be impractical. However, I might buy an Acura NSX at some point.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

EV trannies will literally dilate while driving lmao

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Poorgays worries about le ICE bans as if they planned on buying new cars in 2035 instead of a 20 year old shitbox. Realistically those bans won't affect them by 2055 at the very earliest, and even then PHEVs are still allowed so it's not like gas engines are all magically going away

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Are Teslas worth it in Europe? I know the Model Y was the most sold car here, but I live in Austria and seeing how there's one supercharger in a 50km radius and the closest Tesla body shop is an hour away from here, I'm wondering if the infrastructure is too thin to make it worthwhile.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If you’re in yurope everything uses the same plug so you don’t have to only go to Tesla chargers.

Repairs are pretty much the amount of pain you’d expect from any import/exotic car.
      They may be built in germanistan, but the supply lines for parts are still pretty new.
      You can bring up vehicle diagnostics on inside screen as an owner, which is pretty neat.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you don't shift gears, it might as well be a refrigerator. I don't have an issue with evs or automatics but it's complete cope when people act like those are fun to drive.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Having torque that lets you control a car is what is fun. Automatics are undeniably terrible.
      A well made electric car feels like a manual car that is somehow always in its power band.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

EVs are based for all the seethe they cause from 0-60cels
    watching habibs have a mental breakdown when they see the spec sheet and realize their shitty BMW or Poorsche gets smoked by a family sedan, its great

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

BMW and Porsche make EVs too

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

EVs are a bit souless atm due to lack of options, but autos are autos. EV is just another option.

Personally, I'm hoping EV does to the car market what iphones did to OG phones. Then I can buy a nice sporty side car that's ICE on the cheap. Maybe a mustang, wrx, supra, or the like.
    Unlike old phones, old cars can be used for fun/enjoyment as they don't require higher specs every couple of years to run new software.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

they're too heavy and they don't sound cool, they're only good for NPC wagecage transportation pods

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Evs are fricking gay

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I’m not opposed to EVs, but the technology and infrastructure doesn’t make it worth it to own one over a PHEV or EREV as your only vehicle.

Also from an enthusiast perspective, they don’t have engine notes and will be a pain to keep on the road long-term in a way ICE vehicles aren’t.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *