EVs fricking suck

So a relative bought an EV and wanted to drive 3 hours in it. Re-fueling not only takes literally 10x as long, the payment systems are a nightmare. At one charging station we literally tried 5 different credit cards, about 6 charging cards, Apple Pay, and their app. None of it worked (chip, swipe, etc).
It’s completely moronic and like these people don’t even want your money. Glad I’ll never buy one.
There were zero benefits vs a normal ICE car, and all these drawbacks. Road noise is the same (highway noise is 99% wind noise), comfort etc is the same as any other shitbox, but now you’re route limited by charging stations and have to pray they’ll even work. And when they do, you’re still wasting time. Just buy a shitbox like picrel if you want to save money.
>charging cost for the EV: $0.63 per kWh lmao

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>3 hours
    the battery is fine
    it's your "relative's" fault he didn't charge it
    also fake story

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>just buy a rusty deathtrap with a 15 second 0-60
    LOL

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>muh 0-60

So a relative bought an ICEV and wanted to drive 3 hours in it. His rube goldberg contraption then proceeded to overheat and blew a head gasket.

>His rube goldberg contraption then proceeded to overheat and blew a head gasket.
      His EV randomly catches fire with him inside.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

IS THAT AN INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM AIEEEE HELP ME ECONOBOX-SAMA

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>EVs are bad because I'm too moronic to use a credit card
    ICEchads, I kneel.....

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>(highway noise is 99% wind noise)
    not in your cuckbox that reaches highway speeds at 6k rpm and has zero sound deadening

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So a relative bought an ICEV and wanted to drive 3 hours in it. His rube goldberg contraption then proceeded to overheat and blew a head gasket.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

not an ICEV, a 100% electric, brand new EV. Charging experiences were basically a mirror of this:

?si=n2jhteQLUCu3HMlO

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Literally just buy a plug in Hybrid. Pure EV is moronic unless your single and have no obligations in life. If you have a family, Kids a job etc an EV is a disaster. EVs are good for retired folks, working from home single people etc

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

but aren't you supposed to enjoy some quaint idealized version of a cafe where you can enjoy coffee and a croissant for like 3 hours while you're charging your potential lithium fire? they said it was better than the hustle and bustle of the gas pump.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's what it used to be like with 100kW chargers. Now the new 350kW chargers you get your coffee and the car is pinging you it needs to be moved because its done charging, and the next-gen 500kW or 1MW chargers will be even worse.

Honestly the push for faster charging sucks. It can actually take longer to use a faster charger because you can't just plug it in and forget about it for 7 or 8 minutes, instead you have to plug it in, stand there by the car like you would at a gas station, and then go and do the other stuff you wanted to take care of while stopped.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cant wait for EV conversions to be good and cheap. Im sick of hearing engine noise whenever I go over 80 mph

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My issue with EVs is not that they currently suck, because a lot of these issues will go away with time and scale. My issue is that they are just adding all this unnecessary bullshit that I don’t want. I don’t want autopilot. I don’t want stemless controls. I don’t want wire steering. I don’t want a subscription software service to turn the fricking thing on. I don’t want any of this bullshit. The fact that they insist on all of it is what makes totally clear to me that these EVs are a fricking gimmick. There’s a reason they want you to buy a subscription and that’s because it makes them more money. It’s a get rich quick scheme. That’s all. Nobody actually cares about delivering a good vehicle except the Chinese.

Maybe when the Japanese get these things figured out in 20 years they’ll be half decent but until then, I don’t want all this bullshit.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm increasingly happy I bought a Tesla years ago that does not have autopilot, that has controls sourced from Mercedes, and that doesn't need any subscriptions.

But really, you can get aftermarket controls, disable the driving assists, and just not pay for the subscription since all it really does is give you satellite photos in the map which I find more distracting than the vector map.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How hard would it be to rip out all the online crap and replace it for dumb controllers.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hard, and soon impossible. They’ll literally install hardware and software that makes the car unusable and voids your service if you mod it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tesla's control over their cars is actually decreasing now that NACS is a standard.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>hardware and software that makes the car unusable and voids your service if you mod it
            The whole point of modding is to remove that shit.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Who is going to install aftermarket stem controls on a Tesla steering column? Nobody. Pretty soon, Tesla will make it so that it’s not even possible.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

With how many cheap Tesla Model 3s are entering the used market, I think there are going to be a lot of aftermarket performance tuning / control modifications becoming available.
          You can already get a module that plugs into the ODB port and easily have extra buttons or switches for various features.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I don’t want a subscription software service to turn the fricking thing on
      You will own nothing and you’ll be happy.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>except the Chinese.
      had me until that part lmao

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Have you looked into Chinese EVs? They don’t have any of this bullshit. They’ve invested everything into making better batteries and cars and don’t really give a damn about AI or whatever FOTM tech gay bullshit Silicon Valley and Austin is into at the moment. They’re basically normal cars, but electric while a Tesla is some tech bro dumbass fantasy.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous
          • 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> 1 vehicle is a general refutation

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

of an absolute statement, yes

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hope you get into an accident in that car and you're permanently paralyzed because it's a piece of shit 🙂

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>but i have to drive around a disposible 8,000 lb oil derived plastic abomimination to save the earth!!! i can't drive a small efficient car which was already made decades ago!

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>i can't drive a small efficient car which was already made
      Why not?

New EVs pay back their production costs vs continuing to drive gas cars in only one or two years, and of course there have been EVs on the market now for over a decade and it isn't hard to find them used.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>New EVs pay back their production costs vs continuing to drive gas cars in only one or two years
        lmao, not even close

>and of course there have been EVs on the market now for over a decade and it isn't hard to find them used.
        lmao, nope, nobody is replacing a $40,000 battery on a $10,000 car. these boxes of shit are utterly disposible by design.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>lmao, not even close
          Sorry, it is true. As bad as 200 or 300kg of battery cells might be for the environment for most EVs that is a one-time cost, a fuel dependent car needs to burn 1000kg of fuel or more every single year.

>nobody is replacing a $40,000 battery on a $10,000 car.
          Good thing battery pack replacements generally cost under $5k when factoring in the trade-in of the old pack.
          Battery packs are extremely valuable after all

>these boxes of shit are utterly disposible by design.
          This is just the same crap people were saying against cars with fuel injection.
          New stuff is always hard to work initially, then they get to be 10 or 15 years old and the parts become more available as the demand picks up.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> New EVs pay back their production costs vs continuing to drive gas cars in only one or two years
        Can you share your formula for this? And how is cost effectiveness saving the earth? I thought environmental effectiveness was the goal?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>New EVs pay back their production costs vs continuing to drive gas cars in only one or two years

Proof or gargle hobonuts. For the cost of a EV I can drive, maintain and insure my three currently owned pickups for many years. I've owned my most recent truck since 2016 and total cost of truck and parts is so far about six grand. I've owned my other trucks since 2000 and 2004. They're all good for another two decades or more since I'm not a wrenchlet.

Cost of a new EV includes sales tax, registration, "dealer fees" (I worked for a car dealer and running papers to DMV ain't shit) etc.

That's why like other Anons (including Anon who posted his even bigger Ford fleet, I only own seven and two Chevrolets) an EV makes no sense for me as they don't even offer a proper pickup truck suited to my use cases (hang a Tommy Gate on a Tesla and show us how that works out).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

cope harder carbonoid
            enjoy the global warming

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>not made of carbon
            what are you?

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Have you been arrested yet, unregistered KING?

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buys eevee
    >not a tesla
    >complains about charging
    classic

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>At one charging station we literally tried 5 different credit cards, about 6 charging cards, Apple Pay, and their app. None of it worked
    Sure bro.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's with all the EV shills on DA these days? I'm sure they'd feel more at home in >>>/n/

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>an EV

Make and model? Why do zoomers not name things in discussion where precision matters?

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bought a geo metro for $1600 and its great. currently have a '98 harness with all the 'yota style sensors trying to figure out how to get it installed

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *