EVs were a mistake...

EVs were a mistake...

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If they make normoids capable of accelerating at an actually reasonable pace on onramps and take off from stoplights faster, I welcome the normoids using them.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

based on the average tesla driver i see, nothing will change

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

oh and also i see more and more polestars and byds. they still all drive 10 under, often don't use blinkers etc. nothing will change save for the fact that if one of these people gets butthurt at you wanting to pass them, it'll be impossible to pass them unless you can trigger any equipped auto emergency braking function

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

based on the average tesla driver i see, nothing will change

They do seem to go a bit faster. No "high" (greater than 3K) RPM engine noise to hear that makes them think they're "hurting the car".

https://i.imgur.com/wJuWqfl.png

Why are you in such a rush? Million dollar deals to get to?

The onramp's intended purpose is for a vehicle to match the speed of freeway traffic, not dawdle up it and be 20-30mph short. As for traffic lights, I'm not asking for a hard WOT launch, but I believe it's common courtesy to try to get through it reasonably quickly so that everyone else behind you can also get through in the same light cycle.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>They do seem to go a bit faster. No "high" (greater than 3K) RPM engine noise to hear that makes them think they're "hurting the car".
            That actually makes a lot of sense

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Given they are removing stalks on Teslas, the blinker problem is only about to get worse.
          The only reason I got a Model Y instead of a 3 is because it still has stalks…

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why are you in such a rush? Million dollar deals to get to?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm still gonna drive slow.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>EV
      >I welcome the normoids using them.
      NO

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>morons who can't and shouldn't drtive will die in car fires
        Why is this a bad thing?

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yes, should have just stuck with hybrids. Cars that get good gas mileage, and aren't handicapped by waiting for an hour at charging stations, etc. The Prius is a great car.

3. 1 month ago
    p™

american bicycles make more power than 99.9% of european ICE cars

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>max range
      >87 miles
      unironically, what the frick is the point?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Short-distance commutes? Not everyone lives in the US.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

To take it on a 2 mile trail then load it back on your cybertruck having gotten all the social media footage you were looking for.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Electric vehicles were meant for women to go to the market and back in the oughts, teens and 1920s. Everything has a time and a place.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Knowing who makes the majority of car-buying decisions, this now makes a load of sense.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Is it true they make the final decision though? It always struck me as gaslighting from the media.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

no. the husband just 'concedes' and lets them get an option they want (sunroof, apple carplay) to make them feel like they're involved in the process and then the chick goes all shoulderpad girl boss thinking they just 'made the decision' and then some basedboy journo getting paid per click puts out an article saying womyn are so powerful to try to make his cuck lifestyle seem mainstream and not pathetic.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Obviously.
    Why don't they have generators? Seriously how hard would it be to add a half competent generator that would take away all range anxiety?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

that's called a plug in hybrid vehicle

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Most plug in Hybrids are cars which have pretty much an entire ICE drivetrain, just with Electric added on top, I might describe them as being something like 75% ICE with 25% EV.
        There seems to me to be a hole in the market for vehicles which are say 75% EV and 25% ICE - like they don't have enough power in the ICE motor to actually drive around properly but it can be used to extend the EV range much further, especially in driving conditions which involve stopping or coasting where the ICE motor can keep running and catch back up with the charging.

I'll admit I don't know much about the current EV and hybrid market but I was surprised to see it's mostly split between vehicles which are capable of driving around 100% on ICE and vehicles which are 100% electric. I would expect more middle ground.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

PHEVs only use the ICE stuff as a generator (range extender)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Alright I won't comment anymore until I look into that stuff more.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Most hybrids are greenwashing fraud wagons
          Basically sticking in a dildo sized battery to tickle the combustion system a tiny bit.
          It’s unironically gayer than pure battery EVs.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Generating electricity on a small scale like that is extremely inefficient. Why carry around a heavy as frick battery pack when you need a engine to supplement it? Why not just skip the battery? What's the point of dragging along an engine that's doing nothing as you drive on battery power? Plug in hybrids are beyond fricking moronic.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Chevy Volt exists and is a great car.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah that's why it flew off the shelves and is still in production, right?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Myriad reasons for low sales. Bad timing, marketing, etc. Doesn't change the fact that it was one of the best commuter cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That's really irrelevant when the shitty as frick Cruze sold 10x more units. Also a "good commuter car" shouldn't need a $10k battery replacement. At that point you might as well just take your chances with the ticking timebomb of an engine in the Cruze.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>doesnt mention the exploding fricking battery recalls

whats up shill

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

running a generator to run electric motor is more efficient than using the engine to power wheels directly
        generator is running in optimal condition, but engine is constantly either idling, reving up and down, not to mention you need a complex transmission
        yes, there are losses in converting fuel to motion indirectly through electricity, but that almost never outweighs the loses from running engine sub-optimally (=normally), especially in city traffic

>Why carry around a heavy as frick battery pack when you need a engine to supplement it?
        say you spend 30 minutes sitting in traffic idling at 0% of the power, 30 minutes cruising at 50% of power and 30 minutes speeding on highway at 100% power
        your average engine use is 50%, therefore you can use 50% smaller engine. Battery actually allows you to average it out.

the idea is you have a car that have instant acceleration, low noise and efficiency of an EV with range of an ICEV

Most plug in Hybrids are cars which have pretty much an entire ICE drivetrain, just with Electric added on top, I might describe them as being something like 75% ICE with 25% EV.
        There seems to me to be a hole in the market for vehicles which are say 75% EV and 25% ICE - like they don't have enough power in the ICE motor to actually drive around properly but it can be used to extend the EV range much further, especially in driving conditions which involve stopping or coasting where the ICE motor can keep running and catch back up with the charging.

I'll admit I don't know much about the current EV and hybrid market but I was surprised to see it's mostly split between vehicles which are capable of driving around 100% on ICE and vehicles which are 100% electric. I would expect more middle ground.

what you described as PHEV is actually a mild hybrid - ICE drive train with basically oversized starter motor that lowers engine lag, increases torque and allows regenerative breaking
        what you are describing as a gap in market is an EV with range extender generator (PHEV).

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Having a small generator is actually a good idea.
        1. it’s a proven technology that’s been used on cargo trains for a long time.
        2. the generators will be infinitely more efficient and cheaper to repair than whatever proprietary shit they put in hybrids.
        3. You can take the generator out of the car whenever you aren’t going on 700 mile roadtrips with no pee breaks like DA apparently does.

Take the generator pill

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Range extender hybrids are a thing. Even rotary cultists got an MX-30 that was literally just an electric vehicle with a gas powered generator to power the electric drive drain. They actually have a solid use-case, but they aren't subject to the same incentives as purely electric vehicles like tax breaks, free use of express lanes, etc. so nobody buys or makes them in any real number.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

EVs are a scam which is why they need bots and cultists redditors to push them. Simple as

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why do poor people hate EVs so much? Is it because they are expensive? Is it because they can't afford to upgrade the electrical in their house? Is it because they can't afford to buy a house and live in the projects? I mean I can't find any single reason besides various poorgay copes as to why someone might dislike EVs considering they are superior to ICE vehicles in any performance based category.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Burns in your path
      Nothing personnel.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

When it comes to Americans, its politics. Petrol = republicans, EVs = liberals. Europeans dont divide everything in terms of red vs blue so they receive less hate from them.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Petrol = republicans, EVs = liberals.
        as a European, is this actually the case cause if so jesus fricking christ, no wonder no one takes you guys seriously

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Dude it would be hilarious if we weren't living in it. Everything is ultimately made by a company or companies, right? Therefore, opposing sides of any industry, such as transportation and energy, will buy politicians along party lines.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'd make fun of you but that's just fricking depressing man, I'm so sorry your fellow countrymen are like that

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>considering they are superior to ICE vehicles in any performance based category
      They're good in the quarter mile and that's about it, and the heavy batteries make swaying through canyons way less enjoyable

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Speaking from zero firsthand experience, I hear the added weight certainly won't help you pull Gs but the insanely low CG is really confidence inspiring and actuallymakes many EVs feel better than most ICE cars, despite not being as fast

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The most premium, kitted out tesla is still 45 seconds slower around the Nurburgring than a 911

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Sounds pretty fast for a family car

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>people make the voluntary decision to buy them
    >manufacturers makes money
    Mistake to who? Some people with buyers remorse? Not my problem

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

nope

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, people already figured this out about 100 years ago. But you know the old adage about those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it and all.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

we could be living in a time with Hydrogen ICE V8s

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *