F1 engine drama

F1 hasn't been good for about 17 years at this point, but what do you guys think about the current drama.

1. Honda quits F1, but then comes back, and pairs with ASTON MARTIN
2. Red Bull Racing loses Honda because they quit, then makes their own engine development before learning Honda will come back, the pairs with FORD

Do you think they're going to be fricked because they're pairing with Ford now? Will Honda be fricked because their car won't be aero at all?

I don't know what to think. F1 largely sucks still tho. I miss them being real cars, but still watch because turbo Honda ICEs are my thing.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Posting turbo Honda ICE from 1988.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I miss them being real cars
    Huh?
    >F1 hasn't been good for about 17 years at this point
    I haven't even been following it for this long so I can't say much, but I was having a great time until recently when it just became the top few racers each time. That seems more like an engineering dominance problem than anything else, so if anything these shakeups might just be exciting ones instead.

At this point everyone knows that if it's actual racing you want, you look at the middle of the pack and not the top 3.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>until recently when it just became the top few racers each time.
      It's always been like that, newbie. You'd have to go back decades to find a season in which at least half the grid could win a race or were in serious title contention by the last few races.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>At this point everyone knows that if it's actual racing you want, you look at the middle of the pack and not the top 3.
      That's why F1 is such a vapid shitshow. F1 "fans" can lie to themselves that they're watching for the racing product and that the midfield is where the action is at, but the thing is that race coverage of that is practically non-existent and all the glory and fanfare during and after the race happens to the top finishers of that race and immediately forgotten about by the next event. Therein is the paradox: If fans are really in it for the racing product, they wouldn't be watching F1 to begin with. In practice, casuals slurp up the F1 goyslop without question.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>race coverage of that is practically non-existent
        I know, and it annoys me.

>If fans are really in it for the racing product, they wouldn't be watching F1 to begin with.
        I haven't found any racing series that feel all that more exciting other than niche stuff like historical trans am recreations and the like, and those are even harder to find streams and coverage of than F1.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I haven't found any racing series that feel all that more exciting

What series have you looked into?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>hasn't been good for about 17 years at this point
    The races from that time were just as shit, single manufacturer dominance everywhere, almost no close wheel on wheel action, dirty air reigned supreme and the only thing it had in comparison to today were muh screaming v10s.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nah development was fast and BMW and Ferrari had interesting cars coming out fast to compete.

BMW was fast as frick but the Ferrari was easier to drive and manage tires on.

It was good stuff.

Now the hybrid system is just so expensive that change is slow and you don’t see much going on

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Someone post the video of the 1984ish BMW 2.0 liter v12 that had like quad turbo and super chargers making 1400hp. Apparently it sucked but it sounded cool.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They were 1.6 turbo 4s homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

1.5*

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All they need to do is add ballast to the drivers that win races. They won't do that because they are homosexuals

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

BoP sucks ass
      >see WEC

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

BoP is good when it works
        >see WEC

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>BoP is good when it works
          Sure. But they get it wrong so often and it's especially egregious when they're blatantly manufacturing the outcome and when it's just teams taking turns doing well.

>>see WEC
          homie wut WEC is the worst when it comes to figuring out fair BoP. The only people that enjoy WEC are the ones who do not understand what BoP is.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>BoP is good when it works
        Sure. But they get it wrong so often and it's especially egregious when they're blatantly manufacturing the outcome and when it's just teams taking turns doing well.

>>see WEC
        homie wut WEC is the worst when it comes to figuring out fair BoP. The only people that enjoy WEC are the ones who do not understand what BoP is.

>adding ballast is BoP
        you are a moron

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Niether one of the posts you replied to mentioned anything about ballast. Take your meds, schizo. Also minimum weight IS one of the functions of BoP, moron. It's actually the main one along with power reduction/air restriction and fuel capacity.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>muh engine drama
    Stopped watching F1 after 2007, it went to shit. The halo is the final nail to the coffin.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

what does DA think about the rumours that domenicalli wants v8(with the hybrid system) for the 2030 regulations?

https://www.gpfans.com/us/f1-news/1021047/f1-chief-stefano-domenicali-2030-noisier-v8-engines/

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I think it’s possible because the new biofuel is carbon neutral.

There will be an issue for the mass market with space to make the biofuel but if the fuel works out I could see a V8s returns the big autos still sell them

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ford is just a name slapped on the side, but they will probably try to gay it up somehow like ferd always does. the v6t hyrbid is basically corporate conspiracy
    >2010 merc buys BrawnGP
    >they know they cant just buy a winning car from last year and then expect to win everything
    >2010 they start developing the current v6t hybrid in secret
    >2012 they have it on the dyno
    >2014 they get it introduced as the new f1 engine after "talks" with f1
    >reason given is climate change, emissions, "remaining relevant to ever increasing hybrid road cars" (f1's hybrid has nothing to do with a road car)
    >as well as a token system that morons other teams development of the engine merc has been building for 4 years already
    >we know all this bc niki lauda and others spilled the beans
    >merc wins every constructors champion from 2014-2021
    >2022 cost cap and new aero regs frick merc, they cant into the new aero without their massive staff
    >SAME ENGINE IS STILL USED
    >2026 REGS ONLY REMOVE MGUH (good chang but still the SAME FRICKING ENGINE)
    >expected to be used past 2030, when they "might" change it if synthetic fuels worked
    imagine being andretti, or any other prospective team. every other team has been building the same engine for 10+years and you have to start from scratch. youre fricked. the only engine manufacturer who will sell you their engine is the shittiest one on the grid, renault. unless you are audi with massive funding, youre fricked. and ill believe audi is joining f1 on the grid when i see them line up at testing in 2026. as for honda, its the same disappointing story as suzuki in motogp. they ran out of money and used emissions as an excuse. in the past, f1 changed the formula, all of the formula including the engine, every 5-7 years. this shakes up the field everytime and keeps things interesting. they are keeping the mercedes cheat engine to box out competition, simple as. the average cost when including development cost for the v6t hyrbid is 10 million usd.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the v10s were 600k usd. see where im going with this? f1 went to shit in 2014 not 2007, no idea what op is on about

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *