Favourite Shift?

What's your favorite shift. Auto-tragics need not post.

Personally I love 5th to 3rd on a tight corner.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

4th to 3rd

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Based calm driver overtaking legally and safely on a family roadtrip.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

5th->2nd when merging onto the interstate. hold it til 70mph and immediately skip to 5th. why am i burning so much oil?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>5th->2nd when merging onto the interstate.
      Surely you mean 2nd->5th!

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No. Rev match 5th to 2nd at 45mph and floor it to redline.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I salute your balls.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I salute your balls.

i dont see whats wrong with that

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Pussy

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I like the accidental 2-5th missing 3rd
    3rd to 6th isint as fun.
    The other day idk what was going on it was 5am and I was out of it, I started In 3rd from a stand still accelerating away from a red light than shifted into 2nd and chirped the tires

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

do the world a favor and roll your car off a cliff when you're done with it. don't sell that shit with 6 neutral gears lmao

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I could never. I did buy this car expecting to beat up the transmission. I did the old “trial by fire” learning technique and bought the car without knowing how to drive stick. Had to drive like 40 minutes home it was stressful lol. It’s a 4th gen Camaro with the LT1 and T56, so it shouldn’t be expensive to rebuild or replace the troony when it starts getting uncooperative. The first to second shift sucks already because the synchros are all worn out from the people before me slamming it into second red light racing but what else do you expect with a muscle car. I just have to shift slowly into second to avoid the crunch.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>The first to second shift sucks already because the synchros are all worn out from the people before me slamming it into second red light racing but what else do you expect with a muscle car. I just have to shift slowly into second to avoid the crunch.
          Try double clutching:
          Clutch in, in to Neutral, Clutch out. Tap the accelerator (optional) . Clutch in, in to 2nd, Clutch out

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Also try not to granny shift

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I've fixed that problem by just replacing the transmission mounts. The transmission was bouncing around so much that it would grind unless I just tickled into gear with a dab of throttle. New mounts and it shifts like a new transmission.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

6th to 4th highway smash and pass

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

3rd to 2nd
    Gets some nice pops from the exhaust and it's usually before a good corner. I'm also a fan of a good 3rd to 4th as well, my car has flat foot shifting above 5000rpm which is fun

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

4th->2nd
    Love popping the stick up over and down while smashing the gas, brake, and clutch all at once before a turn. Or even just on an incline where I need to rip it don't even let off the gas.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I do a 5->2 slowing down from the highway to turn onto the logging road that leads up to my property. 75 mph down to about 15 before a 90 degree turn onto dirt in a rear wheel is a lot of fun.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

D to S

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

LAMO

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I too love shifting from drive to stop after a long day of letting my car drive for me.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

2nd>4th frick 3rd gear i don't wanna bother with that bullshit

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

2nd to 3rd up 4th to 3rd down

11. 1 month ago
    Panda5

4th to 2nd, blast it right into the meat of the powerband.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

4th to 3rd and floor it

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

For me it's half up into neutral and accidentally rev bombing in the middle of traffic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

lel

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Pulling all the way to the top in 3rd and then throwing it into 4th to pull again. 1 to 2 is from a standstill so it's boring and 4th to 5th isnt that exciting. But 3 to 4 is the kino window

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Accidental 1st to 4th instead of 2nd moving off from a traffic light, gas pedal to the floor wondering why my engine sounds like a bathtub fart.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

lmao

https://i.imgur.com/okUrgIz.jpeg

>needing to shift
      It takes a pretty sharp corner for me to drop below 40, and I don't even *need* to drop to 2nd for it, that's just if I want to go crazy on the exit.
      Everything else is just 3rd.

Based three speed owner.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>needing to shift
    It takes a pretty sharp corner for me to drop below 40, and I don't even *need* to drop to 2nd for it, that's just if I want to go crazy on the exit.
    Everything else is just 3rd.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I really love to slam 2->3

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

So this is what we've got. Looks like people prefer shifting down to up. With skipping gears being the preferable way to do it.

How does this translate in to the Auto-Manual dichotomy. Can auto even compete in this regard?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

it seems like most people are downshift lovers who like the sudden boost in felt power
      I love the 2->3 upshift because of how quick and smooth and natural it feels

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

skipping gears is a sign of no-skill

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

5th to 3rd when i need to pass some grandma

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I love going from 3rd to 4th and just enter cozymode. My car probably has anemia because I drive mostly in city and I always go on low RPMs unless I need to enter a highway

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>auto-tragics need not post

NOW HEAR THIS. NOW HEAR THIS.

I LOVE MY 2ND-5TH SHIFT BECAUSE MY TRANSMISSION HAS TWO 4TH GEARS, AND SHIFTING INTO 5TH REQUIRES A SHIFT INTO THE 4TH DOUBLER, AND 4TH GEAR IS VERY FAR AWAY FROM 2ND GEAR, SO WHEN MY CAR SHIFTS FROM 2ND TO 5TH IT UNLOCKS THE TORQUE CONVERTER FOR A VERY LONG TIME WHILE HOLDING 2500RPM FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE AN ETERNITY, UNTIL THE TRANSMISSION HAS GONE THROUGH 4TH GEAR, THE 2ND "HIDDEN" 4TH GEAR, FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO THE ENGINE AND LOCKED THE TORQUE CONVERTER, AND THEN FINALLY SHIFTING INTO 5TH GEAR.
    I LOVE THAT ALL OF THIS HAPPENS BETWEEN THE SPEED OF 18 AND 34 MPH.
    3RD GEAR NEVER HEARD OF IT.

I LOVE MY 2ND-5TH SHIFT THAT SHIFTS THROUGH TWO 4TH GEARS.

>but anon what you described is a 2nd > 4th and then a 4th > 5th

NO, I KNOW WHAT I SAID AND I SAID THE TRUTH. THE ENTIRE SHIFT-CHAIN FROM 18MPH ONWARDS IS A SINGLE OVERLY COMPLICATED 2ND TO 5TH GEAR SHIFT.
    IT'S ALL ONE VERY REPEATABLE OPERATION, INTENTIONALLY PROGRAMMED BY THE TRANSMISSION DESIGNERS.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

tragic

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

2nd to 3rd
    either up or down.

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

3rd to 4th is the only smooth one in my truck

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

1st to 4th is my absolute favourite

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What if you went to 3rd instead of 2nd? Giver her the odds.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The 2>3 on acceleration and the 3>2 deceleration.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

6th to 4th
    I love impromptu highway racing.

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>you all have 6th

I think the most satisfying is 3rd to 4th, my 4th is closest to 1:1 ratio and it just feels right to sit in 4th on curvy roads

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My favorite shift is from to in my Corolla

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My absolute favorite sequence of gear shifts that I do multiple times a day:

>3rd gear
    >rev-match to 2nd gear
    >RPMs now in meatiest part of power band
    >stomp on the accelerator to redline, creating a surge of torque that shoves me into the seat
    >bang gear to 3rd
    >accelerate hard til power drops off slightly
    >bang gear to 4th
    >cruise until speed drops back down to prime 3rd gear territory...
    >rev-match back down to 3rd
    >accelerate hard again til power drops off
    >shift to 4th and cruise

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

3rd to 2nd on a roundabout and going sideways

32. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

From dead stop to granny low.

33. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I only have a shaky memory of learning shift a decade ago. What's the best way to practice when you don't own one?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

owning one again and re-learning

34. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

3rd to 4th is my favorite.

35. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

rev match 3rd to 2nd when going through the corners. It is orgasmic, doubly so as you exit at peak power

36. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Shifting from 2nd overdrive to 3rd standard. Triple sticked 4x4 is fun

37. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

5th to 3rd, especially when the revs are matched and you're going fast, is always good

38. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

uhhh im in a geo tracker so my favourite shift is 4th to 2nd because 3rd grinds above 50km

39. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i like 2nd into 1st because i feels like i crammed my dick into a virgin hole

40. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

8 to 6

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *