ferd ligthening

i knoq its a meme but i like the headlights. if only you could swap the battery out at gas stations and tow for more than 50 miles

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the fact they could've put a 2.0L in there as a backup generator but didn't and still have the audacity to charge 80k$+ is ridiculous

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yeah i think they would have sold a lot more of them if they had been under 30k

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But they're $50,000.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

And they still aren't selling at that price lmfao

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ESL?

>But they're $50,000.
        My local Ford dealer has 35 F150 Lightnings listed and most are $70K+

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Wow so they are low on stock due to high demand.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>35 sitting on lot
            >Low on stock
            You're a fricking moron

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That’s still 20k too expensive

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What pickup truck is 30k new in the USA?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

None of them, that’s the problem. Half of America doesn’t even make $20 an hour or more and companies refuse to make cheap bare bone trucks. We need to repeal the chicken tax and let in cheap imports since Detroit can’t do its fricking job.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What pickup truck is 30k new in the USA?

You could buy a basic Ram Classic for next to nothing, but morons still pretend new trucks are $60k+ luxobarges
            You could even the the Maverick for like $20k and that damn thing had a solid 1500lbs payload, but
            >hurr durr not a real truck I need an 8ft bed to haul muh ego

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You could buy a basic Ram Classic for next to nothing, but morons still pretend new trucks are $60k+ luxobarges

they are pretty close. msrp is supposed to be 32k yet i dont see a single one within 100 miles of me. so no they arent next to nothing

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Gotta use pre-coof tactics, damn things are sitting on lots so you can walk in and squeeze the salesperson's balls
            I managed to snag my Classic for 42k CAD and got them to add a remote starter, block heater, tri-fold cover, and had them reupholster the seats in leather with stitching to match the paint

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>42k CAD and got them to add a remote starter, block heater, tri-fold cover, and had them reupholster the seats in leather with stitching to match the paint
            what the actual frick are you talking about
            yeah, you totally picked up a new truck for 30k usd, with about 5k of dealer work on top
            sure buddy

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah man

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>42k CAD and got them to add a remote starter, block heater, tri-fold cover, and had them reupholster the seats in leather with stitching to match the paint
            what the actual frick are you talking about
            yeah, you totally picked up a new truck for 30k usd, with about 5k of dealer work on top
            sure buddy

And yeah we get trucks cheaper here than you guys. Dealerships aren't allowed to advertise multiple conflicting deals all at the same time here, so that dealership price is the actual price we're paying

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ford Maverick

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not a truck, it's a uni-body car

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And yet it has a higher payload rating than some half tons
            >nooooo doesn't count I need a body on frame and V8 to haul air!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            You could buy a basic Ram Classic for next to nothing, but morons still pretend new trucks are $60k+ luxobarges
            You could even the the Maverick for like $20k and that damn thing had a solid 1500lbs payload, but
            >hurr durr not a real truck I need an 8ft bed to haul muh ego

Picked up a stripped CrewCab, 5.3, Standard bed chevy for 43k.

https://i.imgur.com/EWifNYU.jpg

Ram is doing exactly that. 150 mile range in EV only mode for every day commuting, and a Pentastar as a range extender for towing
            This thing is going to be the best half ton for long distance towing, screenshot this. Imagine not being affected by elevation changes, and straight up recharging your battery when going downhill and not cooking your brakes

RamCharger almost made me switch three gemerations of brand loyalty. But can't beat NA V8

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I think companies are starting to come to their senses and realize full electric is a meme and hybrids are the future

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Isn't there a port in the bed so you can bolt in a generator? There is on the Cybertruck.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ram is doing exactly that. 150 mile range in EV only mode for every day commuting, and a Pentastar as a range extender for towing
      This thing is going to be the best half ton for long distance towing, screenshot this. Imagine not being affected by elevation changes, and straight up recharging your battery when going downhill and not cooking your brakes

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The worst part is that Workhorse had this exact setup ready for production years ago, and they got screwed out of their factory and contracts.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've been pushing for PHEV trucks for years, they make a ton of sense to me and I'm glad to see Ram finally doing it. The main downside of a truck as a primary vehicle is how much gas they guzzle when doing regular daily driver stuff, so having something that can run on battery for commuting and errands while keeping the advantages of gas for long-distance work is ideal imo.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

This is more range extended EV than plug-in hybrid, engine has no mechanical connection to the driven wheels. Seems a lot more useful than your average PHEV, but I don't even want to know how much it weighs

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>swap the battery out at gas stations
    Imagine le liability
    This is never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever going to happen
    You fricking zoomies are amoronic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This
      Right To Repair is dead, and manicured zoomies will say its a good thing.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not only that, but what happens when you get a clapped-out battery?
        >sorry boss, 60 percent's the best I can do ya for today, come back tomorrow I hear we're getting some good ones
        Then California passes a law mandating that all batteries in circulation must be 80 percent capacity, minimum
        >every good battery in north america ships to cali, not one station has anything better than 50 percent anywhere
        Then the fed will have to step in
        >executive order #14098432: initiative to bolster infrastructure $costs another ukraine war, 80 percent of the money get slushed, fails
        Musk will step in with a solid, affordable solution
        >lawsuits against tesla and musk halt operations forever
        Big automotive companies step in, rally, but then tweakers come up with a way to turn batteries into meth money; you get a spiked trade-in
        >honey, pull over, pull over! there's smoke!
        Your car and all your luggage goes up in flames
        >call 9-1-1!
        >i can't, my phone was in the car...
        >mine, too
        The front page of the Billings Gazette reads
        >wyoming couple found dead after car fire, investigators say grizzly may be in area

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ford is going to have to drop a $10k rebate to get rid of these things. what a huge mistake

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Every single EV cutist deserves to have their homosexual head caved in

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why would anyone buy a toy powertain, suitable only for getting groceries around town, and put it inside a chassis which is the shape and size of an actual work vehicle? Anyone who buys one of these is a complete moron

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The average half ton gets used as a daily driver and doesn't need to do truck things. If you're a city cuck you get all the advantages of a normal pickup truck without the gas bill.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>hear Ford is "bringing back the Ford Lightning"
    >coom
    >see it's a pigfat electric truck
    >an hero

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *