>financing a depreciating asset

>financing a depreciating asset
ISHYDDT

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Everything is depreciating. Financing is how you get anything big and expensive without 'slaving for decades beforehand. Frick off with your pseud shit, b***h homie, pay cold hard cash for that $1.00 candy bar and act smug elsewhere.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

Sell your car puto

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

it's worth more to me in sentimental value than the $2,000 market value

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

It's not an asset. It's a product. It's not an investment. It's a purchase.

i don't consider my car an investment.
          is your lawnmower or washing machine an investment?

>nooo you don't understand, you are a financial entity just like a business, you HAVE to consider everything in terms of P&L and justify your expenses as if you were preparing a financial statement!!111!!1!

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Always blows my mind how people want to be businesses, and business want to humanize themselves.

2. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

>lets inflation eat his money

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

homie, how do you think inflation got so bad? Because of borrowing money, you think the banks have this shit on hand to lend to broke ass motherfrickers? They're borrowing it at whatever % the fed prints money at, the banks are the real winner when poorgays borrow money, they exchange worthless paper, while taking actual ownership of real things like cars, you're driving the banks car and paying for the privilege of doing so, jfc.

3. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

It's not an asset. It's a product. It's not an investment. It's a purchase.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

tell that to the states/countries with Ad Valorem taxes...

4. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Not all of us are six figures morons working at silicon valley who could afford to buy a new bike every month outright with that single month's wage and still have enough to live comfortably.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

And that’s a good thing. The laptop class has ruined so much

5. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

i don't consider my car an investment.
    is your lawnmower or washing machine an investment?

6. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Just enjoy life bro. Don’t spend too much so that you can live comfortably but don’t try saving so much that your life is devoid of fun.

7. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

your human body is the depreciating assett. Have an adventurous life and enjoy fun cars while your body and reflexes are at their peak. Be an old man with stories to tell about the time you were a young man.

8. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

my car is a business expense
    i need it to get to work where i earn money

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

Lel the wagie thinks he's getting paid to get ready and drive in traffic to work

9. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

it's about moving forward, not saving every single penny like a neurotic gay. money isn't valuable. it's what you do with the money that's valuable. it's meant to be used.

your life itself is depreciating. life fricking sucks when you're old. you get a few good decades as a human where you're fully grown, educated, and don't have serious health problems--this is when you're supposed to be making all of your big moves and not sitting around--and then it's shit from like age 50~ onward, and there's not much you can do to stop this beyond exercise, sleep, healthy diet, removing chronic stress, et cetera. It's far more valuable than any amount of money. you finance a car because you did the math and decided that it's going to save you time in the long term. think about money as a tool to hop-scotch your way into the next stage of the game, not just some way to buy stuff. all super rich people understand this shit, and they basically use loans for everything.

i think all of that redditor tier mr money mustache neurotic penny-pinching shit has fricked peoples minds up. i've talked to NEETs who instead of financing a shitbox so they can get a job and move forward with their lives, they just sit at home waiting for some money to fall into their lap from a relative or a super-cheap car to show up on craigslist because they think not getting the absolute best deal is like a rip-off or whatever. wake up. you're living right now. life isn't waiting for you to feel comfortable.

10. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

All physical assets are depreciatiating assets. Financing them is a norm.

Now, overleveraging debts and not taking deprecitiation into account is an issue. But the smug idea that you can only finance aprecitiating assets is bizarre.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

Yeah it seems like two completely disconnected things.
      You may need to finance some product to enable you to do things or have fun.
      And some products depreciate over time.
      What's the connection between these two?

11. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Assets appreciating / depreciating is a rich person problem.

12. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Cars are not quite assets/investments but they're not just consumer products either.
    No one buys a car to beat an index fund in appreciation (it literally depreciates), but resale value is still a very important factor.
    People want a product that enables them to go places or have fun, and it's simply a bonus if you can sell it later on for some fraction of what you bought...
    Unlike a toaster or mattress or chair, in which no one cares about the resale value over time.

13. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

>buy property instead with your money
    >pay the bank £700pcm interest to build £300pcm into that property for the next 20+ years is much better

it's all shite

tbh i'd rather have a new motorbike to get some enjoyment in my life than be debt slaved to a bank. the only thing worth spending money on is stocks, and for that you need extreme patience/luck/info. the rest is shit -- debt slaving, surviving or hedonism.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

>sub $10k
      yes pay in cash if you can
      >greater than $10k or $15k
      finance with a large down payment

it's really that shrimple

yep, although you don't need to be as smart as people think to do fairly well with stocks. Read
      >The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
      >The Little Book that Still Beats the Market
      >One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch*
      *private equity has taken away a lot of the types of opportunities this book talks about, but still good concepts to know

Although don't forget about fixed income stuff either, I imagine really a lot of people should actually be doing that instead of buying stocks, because you're not suppose to invest any money into stocks you won't need for 5 years. Fixed income being high yield savings accounts, CDs, bonds, etc (bonds can be much riskier opposed to other savings, but just stick with short term bond ETFs in the beginning, their value doesn't change much when interest rates change)

14. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Inflation is so high that financing anything more than $500 is an option for people that can barely pay rent.

15. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Just don't buy anything bro
    Just live like a poor gay for your whole life bro

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

I mean you’re not really buying it. The bank buys it and you pay the bank for the privilege of driving it (and spending all the money required to keep it driving). You don’t really own the car until it’s paid off.

People’s heads are broken. Social media has filled them with so much want and the news has filled them with so much despair that the prevailing attitude has become “smoke em while you got em” and I will tell you right now that attitude is not beneficial for you the regular person. But there is simply no talking people out of the relentless marketing and propagandizing that has been drilled into their head. Auto loans, fast casual dining, subscriptions services, the list goes on its all stuff that is fine in moderation but used as part of a broader BNPL scheme to exploit your impulsivity to keep you poor and keep you wanting. Automakers are particularly insidious with this by creating this false narrative that all cars will soon be totally cucked and that you must buy now to secure one you actually want lest you be left with no appealing options in the future.

The simplest remedy, and most people are not interested in it, is operate on a 5 year plan. Pick a date in the future and build for that date, put off basically all impulsive purchases for that time. Gratification delayed is not gratification denied, though you may be a surprised at a change in your mindset.

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

Yeah I dknow what youre saying I don't like financing things, my car cost £3800 and its the most expensive one I've ever bought. My bike was £9000 but I put £3k cash into that and the rest on an interest free credit card and paid off before any interest was due. I would do that with a £500 fridge or whatever just to space the payments out.

If someone gets finance for a sensible used vehicle they need to get to work I don't see a problem with that. People getting a Range Rover Sport for £1000 a month but still have to shop at the discount stores make me laugh.

16. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Interest on US debt is adding another 1 trillion in debt every 100 days, what makes you think any of this will matter in the coming years and decades? I'm not saying you should drown yourself in debt but it's highly unlikely that any average millennials and generations after will retire, this financial system will probably implode.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

The way the US debt is talked about is a complete meme and the politicians know it, they just use the myth of
      >the government's going to go bankrupt!
      as a political football to kill opponents proposals.

https://moslereconomics.com/mmt-white-paper/

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

although this might be a better place to start than the white paper for a more in depth and understandable view of it.

https://moslereconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Seven-Deadly-Innocent-Frauds-of-Warren-Mosler.pdf

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

two more weeks

17. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

I've always wanted an FD RX7. they were about 20k when I started saving. Now I have 20k, they're worth 30k

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

this is why saving a lot of cash is stupid. you're just wasting your time.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

you'd have to be an utter moron to finance a 30 year old car like that.

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

Most importantly because the rates for classic cars are usury since there is so little competition in the space. Very few reputable banks even entertain the idea of financing cars more than 10 years old. You are basically at the mercy of the stealership or the boutique financier.

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

tbh you'd be a moron to buy a 30 year old car, let alone a 30 year old sports car

18. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Just ask anyone on DA that is anti financing to post a paystub or W2 and you’ll know to ignore them.

19. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Just ask anyone on DA that is a debthomosexual to post a paystub or W2 and you’ll know to ignore them.

20. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Dave Ramsey is an idiot.

21. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

So based on this thread and others like it, if you cannot afford to purchase a car in full up-front, are you just better off leasing?

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

leasing is rarely ever the answer.
      the answer (the vast majority of the time) is to finance with a sizable downpayment and the shortest period (highest monthly payment) you can manage.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

alternatively, besides getting the shortest possible term, you could get a longer one and just make payments beyond the minimum, just make sure that there's no penalties for it. I don't think it's common, but I think it can be a thing.

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

you almost always get a better interest rate for shorter finance term though. If you're going to pay it off in a year regardless it doesn't make a huge difference, but better just to take a 36 or 48 month term from the start. Can always refi if shit goes south and you have positive equity.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

leasing is basically the most expensive way to buy a car except for specific circumstances (EV leases and business leases, mostly). If you cant afford to pay off a car in less than 48 months AT MOST, you should get a cheaper car.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>If you cant afford to pay off a car in less than 48 months AT MOST, you should get a cheaper car.
        probably the best advice about car buying given here in the past year.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

leasing is for people whose time is worth way more than the premium they're paying to lease. rich business owners and celebrities, basically. especially those who travel around a lot.

22. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

car loans are a uniquely amerigolem idea

they are so brainwashed by the israelites that they simply cannot fathom not being in debt their entire lives to israeli banksters

just look at this thread where americans react with actual revile and disgust at the thought of driving a car you can afford

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>car loans are a uniquely amerigolem idea
      no they're not you poorgay moron, financing is a great thing to have
      buying a car on finance when you don't actually have the money to pay for it outright and never will is the american invention.

• 4 days ago
      Anonymous

no, its not just that, its also frickers like

>car loans are a uniquely amerigolem idea
      no they're not you poorgay moron, financing is a great thing to have
      buying a car on finance when you don't actually have the money to pay for it outright and never will is the american invention.

who act like playing musical chairs with financing is somehow helping them and not just a poor person's cope at scratching their instant gratification desire.

but the problem is the auto industry got in with banks to enable this process to increase the customer base. And this can't be laid at America's feet, this shit goes on in any country with a relatively stable banking system.

23. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

>"hey Dave I make 6 million dollars a month, should I tell my parents and pay off their house???"
    >"wow buddy you're doing real good but remember this, no one is entitled to your money, the smart thing to do is roll it all into a cd"
    >"also bitcoin is a scam don't ever touch it"

• 4 days ago
      Anonymous

>>"also bitcoin is a scam don't ever touch it"
      but it literally is
      >but muh anonymity!
      doesn't even do that while cryptos like monero actually do

• 4 days ago
        Anonymous

Either boomer or brown, either case, have a nice day gay

• 4 days ago
          Anonymous