>has 2 more than a 4cyl
          ?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

anything and everything

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not a I6, nor is it a V8.

Not even the appropriate cope to being unable to afford a real performance car as that’s a turbo 4. A V6 is an option In economy cars to make them less uncomfortable to drive, not a legitimate sports car engine, hence why it’s never done.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Even naturally aspirated I4 can be plenty sporty and fun, 200+ hp out of 2.0L-2.4L displacement in a small lightweight car is simple pure goodness and cheap on gas relative to big boy motors even while screaming at redline constantly.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My I4 can be quite hectic.
          Pic is quite nice.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I mean I'd still pick an actual performance oriented V6 over a turbo 4 because I fricking hate turbos but that may just be me

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>hence why it’s never done.
          Ford GT, Ferrari 296, Mclaren Artura, Nissan GTR, Jaguar XJ220, NSX (Old and Nu), Lotus Evora, CT5-V, Giulia Quadrofolgio, RS5...

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How many are NA V6s?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

implication being that NA is not how God intended

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

on a shit as config like v6 no

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>V6 engines are the only engines that are made better by turbo lag because... they just are!
            Just cause it's a compromised layout doesn't mean it can't be made worse still by the introduction of a turbo

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

"'"""'""natural balance"""""''""" is a meme when balancers are a thing
          >b-b-but wasted hrsprs
          nope, V6 has a shorter crank length than I6 spaghetti noodle and V8 same crank strength as lol4. That means with a V6, you can compensate for power loses by just building MO POWA BB

That's why the current meme is boosted i3s and v6s, we're at the limits of current metallurgy for horsepower to package constraints, the lowest hanging fruit was shorten the crank for more stronk. Nothing wrong with that, stacking a turbo on top of a mid-rpm engine for super midrange torque is an alright meme

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>"'"""'""natural balance"""""''""" is a meme when balancers are a thing
            Perfect primary and secondary balance helps an engine not explode, all balance shafts do is make you feel like the engine isn't gonna explode.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

balance shafts achieve the same purpose as """""'"perfect'"""""'" balance, you're going to need to balance the valvetrain anyways, might as well build it all into a system. Rotating mass can be beneficial at smoothing out a ride too, not all cars are racecars. The NSX is a good example of daily driveable '""''"super""'""car.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>balance shafts achieve the same purpose as """""'"perfect'"""""'" balance, you're going to need to balance the valvetrain anyways, might as well build it all into a system.
            What are you talking about? Balance shafts are usually in the oil pump, and they're just band-aids that rob power through parasitic loss to cover up for less than precision measured rotating assemblies.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Balance shafts are usually in the oil pump
            dumbass wrenchlet, man youre so stupid its unreal lamo

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My 1999 Dodge Dakota has a bigger V6, hell, a 1999 Dakota R/T with a 5.9 V8 has more horsepower than the NSX

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

is le bad

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It’s not an inline 6 or a V8.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

but v6 is le bad

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

but v6 is le bad

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

but v6 is le bad

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Transverse engine so they could fit golf clubs in the back

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Alright now hear me out OP, but imagine the same car but with a Mugen tuned V10.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Genuinely think I'd prefer the stock engine. Stock everything tbh, if I had one I'd just upgrade the speakers and head unit. The NSX is a supercar you daily drive. You're not gonna daily drive a car with an F1 engine, but you ARE gonna daily drive a car with a minivan engine with performance heads.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

LOL @ V6 MY DAD'S HONDA PILOT HAS A V6.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its just pic related but even shittier. why do people like overpriced underperforming cars and then complain about pic related.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

because your version is pigfat, extra complicated, and designed by amerilards. It has no redeeming qualities.
      The original NSX is better looking, more fun to drive, and has less shit to go wrong. No one cares about 0-60 times of 3 seconds vs 4 seconds on the street. They're all fast enough.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>pigfat,
        so is the original. it weighs as much as a mustang of its era despite the supposed aluminum chassis.
        >designed by amerilards.
        these guys don't look american
        >The original NSX is better looking
        subjective and not an argument
        >more fun to drive
        you've never driven either of them. and senna said the old one was shit.
        >and has less shit to go wrong.
        its also older, which means more shit has already went wrong.

overall, Honda has always made shit sports cars. you just arbitrarily defend their mediocrity from the years you're nostalgic about.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>senna said the old one was shit.
          He personally owned three nsx. He test drive an early prototype and helped Honda develop what would eventually be the production model nsx with improvements he suggested.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>He personally owned three nsx.
            yes, cause honda gave them to him or sold it to him had a heavy discount. he was their mascot. so they wanted him to promote the car by merely being seen with it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/0cyGivJ.jpeg

>pigfat,
        so is the original. it weighs as much as a mustang of its era despite the supposed aluminum chassis.
        >designed by amerilards.
        these guys don't look american
        >The original NSX is better looking
        subjective and not an argument
        >more fun to drive
        you've never driven either of them. and senna said the old one was shit.
        >and has less shit to go wrong.
        its also older, which means more shit has already went wrong.

overall, Honda has always made shit sports cars. you just arbitrarily defend their mediocrity from the years you're nostalgic about.

also, top kek at a super charged NSX on modern tires making more horsepower and still losing to a 4 cylinder camaro.

speaks volumes about its """handling""".

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>90k grail
          >blown the frick out by 40k stock camaro

facts dont matter to weebs.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I4 Not mine.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not in my garage.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

real but is that a problem with the car or a problem with your garage?

memed into a price range it's not competitive in

To new buyers you mean right? To new buyers it made no sense cause it made too much sense. It was too practical and normal for people in the market for an "entry level" supercar, who wanted an outlandish second car to contrast the multiple practical normal cars they already had. To used buyers the price gouging didn't hit these as hard as most other Japanese "276 hp" sports cars, see also Skyline GT-Rs and Supras selling for more than houses

cabin is too cramped if you're a 6'3 gym bro like me

I wanna say sucks to suck for the meme but I really do take being a 5'10 tiny little babyman for granted sometimes

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I meant now vs like 10-15 years ago when you could pick one up for $30-40k. They've ballooned to be $60-120k cars now, and not that it's bad or anything but there's definitely more car for your money in the $100k range than a 1st gen NSX.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>there's definitely more car for your money in the $100k range than a 1st gen NSX.
          You really cant, the problem is people like you thinking you can. Its over

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the problem is people like you thinking you can. Its over

kys

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>there's definitely more car for your money in the $100k range than a 1st gen NSX
          Depends on what you're after I imagine, the number of dead reliable perfectly daily drivable supercars can probably be counted on one hand and I doubt many of them are as cheap (or as sovlful) as the NSX. You can keep your R8 V10.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I should clarify I absolutely agree that it's too much but if what you're looking for in a car is exactly what the NSX offers then I really don't think you can find a suitable equivalent for less.

• 3 weeks ago
          Presidency™

I almost bought one for $20k
          $100k for a 30 year old 230whp v6 shitbox is absurd

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a 30 year old 230whp v6 shitbox
            Oh yeah you're right I should just buy a brand new car with cable throttle and manual steering instead, duh

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>nsx is the only car with cable throttle and manual steering

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no I'm saying that if cable throttle and manual steering are requirements then of course it's gonna be old as frick cause anything substantially newer isn't gonna meet those anymore

https://www.lpracing.net/product-page/c6-corvette-manual-steering-rack-adaptor
            https://www.prospeedautosports.com/products/prospeed-c6-cable-throttle-conversion-kit
            Just saved you $100k yw

I'd take a goddamn unicycle over anything GM had a hand in

• 3 weeks ago
            Presidency™

The good news being those other shitboxes are basically unicycles in comparison to the c6

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The C5 and C6 are probably the only 2 generations of corvette that I just kinda don't care for in the slightest, the rest of the Corvettes are the only things GM has ever barfed onto this Earth that I don't hate

• 3 weeks ago
            Presidency™

Gayest post I've read all day

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I had to read someone praising a C6, imagine how I feel

• 3 weeks ago
            Presidency™

Emasculated, clearly.

• 3 weeks ago
            Presidency™

https://www.lpracing.net/product-page/c6-corvette-manual-steering-rack-adaptor
            https://www.prospeedautosports.com/products/prospeed-c6-cable-throttle-conversion-kit
            Just saved you $100k yw

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I almost bought one for $20k
          $100k for a 30 year old 230whp v6 shitbox is absurd

Agreed. I'd rather have an MR-S, Elise or Exige, and a 997 instead of an NSX. Maybe swap out the MR-S and Elise for an Atom.

>a 30 year old 230whp v6 shitbox
          Oh yeah you're right I should just buy a brand new car with cable throttle and manual steering instead, duh

Plenty of options for fun cars with a 80k+ budget.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Plenty of options for fun cars with a 80k+ budget.
            requirements:
            >3 pedals
            >manual steering
            >cable throttle
            >naturally aspirated
            >whatever you personally consider to be "modern"
            >bona fide supercar
            >daily drivable
            I dunno anon I fear I'm stuck in the past, if through no fault of my own

balance shafts achieve the same purpose as """""'"perfect'"""""'" balance, you're going to need to balance the valvetrain anyways, might as well build it all into a system. Rotating mass can be beneficial at smoothing out a ride too, not all cars are racecars. The NSX is a good example of daily driveable '""''"super""'""car.

I didn't say it was relevant in the context of a mass produced street car engine since those don't rev nearly high enough for primary or secondary balance to matter, but you implied perfect primary and secondary balance can be substituted with balance shafts when you're looking to hit higher RPM. Which isn't true. On shit that actually revs, (typically superbikes and race cars) good primary and especially secondary balance make a massive difference.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You can buy a ton of different 90-2010 cars, imports, etc. that fit that bill.

dumbass wrenchlet, man youre so stupid its unreal lamo

Where else are they where they have an impact on the rotating mass of the engine and affect transient throttle response?
            Dry-sumps and ITBs are a thing for a reason.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Care to name one? None come to mind

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

For 80-110k? Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, The hell thing Mopar, Vipers, Elise, Exige, etc. Plus all of the Japanese stuff you can import now, lot of stuff out there.

you have never touched a wrench in your entire life, have you? be honest.

I have multiple cars and motorcycles anon, truck, trailer, etc. I do my own work.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this just in camaros and mustangs are bona fide supercars

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I do my own work.
            would you post your toolbox? i genuinely do not believe you have ever touched a screwdriver, never mind an actual wrench. The reason i dont believe anything you say is because you said this.

>balance shafts achieve the same purpose as """""'"perfect'"""""'" balance, you're going to need to balance the valvetrain anyways, might as well build it all into a system.
            What are you talking about? Balance shafts are usually in the oil pump, and they're just band-aids that rob power through parasitic loss to cover up for less than precision measured rotating assemblies.

you would have to be genuinely dumb as frick and in car guy larp mode to say something like this its funny as frick.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

FWD shit boxes have balance shafts in their economy/basic/luxury cars.
            Honda, Toyota, etc all did it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>FWD shit boxes have balance shafts in their economy/basic/luxury cars.
            kek, spoken like a true wrenchlet ricer with no tools. Did you forget what we were discussing, the location of the balance shafts. i like how you gave a very specific and ricey location, the oil pump, then you back track and get abstract with "theyre inside their economy cars". btw men will never respect you. ricer, larp, wrenchlet

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you have never touched a wrench in your entire life, have you? be honest.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Where else are they where they have an impact on the rotating mass of the engine and affect transient throttle response?
            NTA but they're usually just gear driven off the crankshaft. Not far from the oil pump, but not driven by it or anything. I'm sure there's probably some setups that combine their functions but it's definitely not the norm.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Still connected to it and dragging the engine down.

this just in camaros and mustangs are bona fide supercars

Some of them are pretty bad ass, those flat plane crank engines are impressive, and the new Vette is fricking fast. I know that there were some special edition Camaroes, but no idea how powerful. I know the Dodge Hellcats are 800+, and there's at least two of them running around here locally.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Still connected to it and dragging the engine down
            No one disputed that
            >Some of them are pretty bad ass,
            Still not supercars, and remember even if they were, the ones you're describing aren't cable throttle and aren't manual steering

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the ones you're describing aren't cable throttle and aren't manual steering
            lol, I was talking modern cars, and also included everything for 20 years from 1990-2010. Take your pick homosexual.

>FWD shit boxes have balance shafts in their economy/basic/luxury cars.
            kek, spoken like a true wrenchlet ricer with no tools. Did you forget what we were discussing, the location of the balance shafts. i like how you gave a very specific and ricey location, the oil pump, then you back track and get abstract with "theyre inside their economy cars". btw men will never respect you. ricer, larp, wrenchlet

I don't need anything more than hand tools and a couple of impacts and air. Waste your money on bespoke tools while I play with my cars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I have no tools
            who would have though lamo, kys btw you homosexual ricer.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Take your pick homosexual.
            My whole point is that the car you're proposing that 1) meets my requirements and 2) isn't old doesn't fricking exist

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>bona fide supercar
            Surely you're not trying to imply that the NSX is a supercar right?

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

memed into a price range it's not competitive in

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Classic cars shouldn't be considered on the basis of competitive value
      To think otherwise makes you an NPC

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>35 years old is "classic" now
        I know it's old but frick me dude, classic? I just turned 23 why am I an old man already

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

2012 was 22 years ago anon...

I don't mean that in a cringe "buy the car as an investment to collect dust until you resell it purely to make money" way, I mean it as in you can get a better car for the ridiculous money they cost now.

Or maybe someone just wants that specific car to drive on the weekends and keep for the rest of their life as they've considered it their favourite car since childhood
          Again, classic cars shouldn't be compared against "muh performance value". Such an idea ignores the entire appeal of pre nannyshit electric power steering handbrake button push to start sports vehicles, in favour of horsepower per dollar or cost divided by 0-60 time.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't mean that in a cringe "buy the car as an investment to collect dust until you resell it purely to make money" way, I mean it as in you can get a better car for the ridiculous money they cost now.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Depends on what you consider "better". Analog daily drivable reliable supercar? I don't even know of any alternatives, let alone ones that are better

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This.
        People can go on about how much cheaper they were 10-15 years ago but that was 10-15 years ago. Same thing happened to old 911s. People aren't buying these cars to be the fast thing on the road. Its about the driving experience that very few cars can replicate.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Find a flaw. Hard mode: no "V6 is le bad!"

you weebs always love showing everyone how moronic you are. A c6 z06 is like 30k, and will ass rape the nsx more the the atom bomb from 1947.

>go back
        >pic related.

>Classic cars shouldn't be considered on the basis of competitive value
        >To think otherwise makes you an NPC

even by your own standards the nsx is a hypebeast that requires a ton of work to trim out. nsx's were literally dogshit on the track stock.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>nsx's were literally dogshit on the track stock
          False.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's not false. even senna said it was shit.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

troony, ricer, wrenchlet

12. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

v6 hate is a meme but it kindof does suck when it's the base engine.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

never won lemans

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cabin is too cramped if you're a 6'3 gym bro like me

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

seriously though is this not the most flawless exterior design you've ever seen on a car? Nothing's out of place by so much as a millimeter

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Never been a huge jap fan but I've always thought these were beautiful cars. To my teenage brain, they looked like an exotic Corvette.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Never been a huge jap fan
        me neither and never really gave this thing a second glance until anon told me to and I'll admit it, it's a great lookin car.
        well, I mean that I've never thought jap cars were cool. they make great daily drivers I've always admitted that

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The rear end is too long. It was an absolute compromise because the only reason it goes that far back is because they wanted the trunk to be "big". It could be a good 9 to 12 inches shorter in the rear and would look better.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's a honda

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Which is a flaw why exactly

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've owned a modified NA2, they're good cars, reliable. 911 is as well, which is what I currently daily. It's a little heavier, but has just as good handling and a lot more power. They both sound great with aftermarket exhaust upgrades and/or turbo upgrades. Lots of aftermarket support for both, and prices aren't going down, so you don't feel bad driving them.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I had to enlarge the image because it looked so much like a 98 Camaro SS lmao

19. 3 weeks ago
    wrenchlet killer

stupid homosexual ricer completely abandons the "balance shafts are in the oil pump" convo LAMOOOOOOOOOO

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>J-JUST FORGET IT OKAY!!!

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

imagine an nsx with a pentastar

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>plastic pistons
      >plastic cylinder head
      >plastic oil pan
      >plastic intake
      >plastic water pump
      >laquandas fake nail broke off during engine assembly and gets stuck in your oil pickup tube

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'd rather LFX swap it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'd rather LFX swap it

id Buick swap it

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My ecoshart F-150 absolutely obliterates the NSX in a straight line, feels good man.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Everything about this car would be better if it was K20 swapped.

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Find a flaw.
    1" wheel diameter difference front and rear. I understand making them wider in the rear, but TALLER?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What the frick are you on about. A LOT of sports cars have offset wheel fitments even today.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

More rubber so it lasts longer.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Holy moly I never noticed this after all these years

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Find a flaw

>weebs wet dream
    >six figure realm
    >hype beast

how about you frick off.

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you can literally buy a new corvette for the same price. kys.

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

is this the much memed about nsx? looks pretty ugly, slow, and gay to me

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Failed attempt by honda to copy the Mr.2, like their failed attempt to copy the miats with the s,2000.
    Honda were only vaguely successful at making fwd econoboxes

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

honda is the greatest manufacturer of all time. you are a ricer with no tools.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

they clearly aren't. look how much their own fans hate their products.

29. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Towing capacity too low

30. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its a honda
    nothing good in this world starts with the letter H

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>nothing good in this world starts with the letter H
      Except for Hitler

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Go leave, bigot

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You’re already in Hell, homosexual

31. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Boring wheels

32. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Expensive meme car that is too slow and self destructs under any amount of boost. Stock it has a 5.2 second 0-60 and runs the quarter in 13.7 which is slow enough to get gapped by 4 cylinder Mustangs and Camaros. Engine suffers from oil starvation, specially when tracked. Aftermarket parts are expensive as frick. Early models had self destructing 5 speed transmissions. All of the door/window/trunk seals leak, even after being replaced. Somehow still costs $60-100k used despite not even looking as cool as a similarly priced C6 Corvette ZR1

33. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Prone to spinning.

34. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Complete absence of low end power, and Honda's early FRM sleeved engines eat piston rings for breakfast.

35. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Underpowered and delicate. Otherwise pretty damn good. I drove the wheels off a frend's before he wadded it and it was almost as much fun as a superbike.

36. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Since they’re similar price what would you rather have? 90 NSX or 90 m3?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Or 2 90 zR1s

37. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

^ dumbass little ricer. if i was you id kms day 1

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *