FJ CRUISER trail teams

I own a beautiful 2008 Toyota trail teams Fj cruiser with 140000 miles. His name is Chuck . I owe $3,500 left on the loan. Do I pay of the loan and hold till I run this ugly stubborn bastard into the ground? Or sell it and make ~$14,000 on it. Serviced and maintained well. I love this car I might buy another one. It’s that good. My dad brother and grandfather were all mech.engineers if that gets me cred

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>beautiful
    homie FJs are ugly as hell

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah but they are a tank compared trim your Nissan Rogue hoe

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

/thread
      it's a 4runner with even worse styling and gaudy colors

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Dude does anyone know about cars here. More like it’s a 2 door landcruiser with 278 lbs of torque and rear diff locks. Your 4Runner is a troony wearing a skirt compared to my barbarian truck. Who else ?!

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>it’s a 2 door landcruiser
          They don't have V8s
          Hell, they don't even have automatic climate control

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

You can have a v8 Landcruiser in the free world.
            I wonder what hell hpvda8
            ole you're posting from.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

So why isn't one in the FJ Cruiser?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

you can also have a 4runner with one

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

All land cruisers have v6’s or lower pre 2005?? Are you dumb?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

You can have a v8 Landcruiser in the free world.
            I wonder what hell hpvda8
            ole you're posting from.

Are you fricking moronic? Land Cruisers have V8 options, FJs don't.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Not anymore.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, but for the late 2000s-early 2010s that was inexcusable. even the H3 had V8s.

[...]
            [...]
            They’re built on the Land Cruiser Prado platform you fricking busriders, so yes, they are, by association, Land Cruisers. Full-size 300-series Land Cruisers don’t even have V8s anymore. The fact that there’s one in the Land Cruiser Museum should tell you enough.

Sure, and every Toyota is a Land Cruiser
            >by association
            I mean you just promoted Prado to full Land Cruisers using this weird reasoning, there's nothing that can stop you.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>IFS
            >dude it’s a Land Cruiser
            Hello moron

[...]
            Are you fricking moronic? Land Cruisers have V8 options, FJs don't.

They’re built on the Land Cruiser Prado platform you fricking busriders, so yes, they are, by association, Land Cruisers. Full-size 300-series Land Cruisers don’t even have V8s anymore. The fact that there’s one in the Land Cruiser Museum should tell you enough.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Toyota Rando-Kurūzā Purado is a full-size four-wheel drive vehicle in the Land Cruiser range produced by the Japanese automaker Toyota as a "light-duty" variation in the range.
            You will never be a real Rando Kuruza

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Owari da

Yeah, but for the late 2000s-early 2010s that was inexcusable. even the H3 had V8s.
            [...]
            Sure, and every Toyota is a Land Cruiser
            >by association
            I mean you just promoted Prado to full Land Cruisers using this weird reasoning, there's nothing that can stop you.

>Every Toyota is a Land Cruiser
            Yes

https://i.imgur.com/J4bmty0.jpg

Prados haven't been Land Cruisers since the first generation, even the second generation was meant to be close to the 4Runner/Hilux Surf

>Prados haven’t been Land Cruisers since the first generation
            No shit, dumbass. They’re different vehicles but they’re part of the same family.
            >Even the second generation was meant to be close to the 4Runner/Hilux Surf
            Was it really if they were built on entirely separate platforms? You know the 4Runner has also been on the Prado platform for ages now and that the Hilux Surf was replaced with the Fortuner right?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Let's go back to the initial question: where's the fricking V8? If you're Europoor, that's fine and you could do with an I4, but aren't we talking freedom here?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Where’s the V8 in every Land Cruiser except 100s, 200s, and diesel 70s?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>where's the V8 in every Land Cruiser except most of them
            This is how you sound like.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

This is what you sound like, b***h. Go frick yourself.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Was it really if they were built on entirely separate platforms?
            Yes, by Toyota's own admission. Which is why they came with the same engines, transmissions and transfer cases
            >You know the 4Runner has also been on the Prado platform for ages now and that the Hilux Surf was replaced with the Fortuner right?
            A) you just said the opposite
            B) they were built off Hilux chassis

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

4th and 5th gens are built on Prado chassis, when the Hilux Surf ended. Ironically the same exact chassis as the FJC, which is exactly what anons were calling out earlier

/thread
            it's a 4runner with even worse styling and gaudy colors

4th gen 4runners had 320ft lbs
            They provided nothing over them, they were a shittoer alternative with horrible visibility

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Exactly. You can call the FJC and the later 4Runners Land Cruiser “cousins” but how closely related they are to full-size Land Cruisers really just depends on whether you think a Prado is part of the Land Cruiser family or not.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Taking a fricking English class, Pablo.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>no shit Prados werent built on Land Cruiser chassis they were entirely different
            >but the 4Runner shares the new Prado chassis so therefore its a Land Cruiser
            >you're just bad at English
            lol said the scorpion

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Let me break this down for you, Pablo, so you can get your ESL skills up.
            >Was it really if they were built on entirely separate platforms?
            This is meant to be a response to you stating that the 2nd generation Prado was “supposed to be more like the 4Runner/Hilux Surf.” How is that possible when the Prado and 4Runner/Hilux Surf <<AT THE TIME>> were built on different platforms?
            >You know the 4Runner has been on the Prado platform for ages now and that the Hilux Surf was replaced by the Fortuner right?
            There are zero flaws with this statement. For 20 FRICKING YEARS now the 4Runner has been a rebodied Prado. How is the Prado, which is billed as a LIGHTWEIGHT LAND CRUISER not part of the Land Cruiser family? Comparing the 2nd gen Prado to the 4Runner/Hilux Surf is stupid because they were not built on the same platform, and the 4Runner being built on the Prado platform since 2003 doesn’t mean the Prado isn’t part of the Land Cruiser family.

That’s like saying the 100 series is “meant to be more like the Sequoia!” just because they’re both full-size, V8-powered SUVs when they don’t share the same platform.

Anons post here

Exactly. You can call the FJC and the later 4Runners Land Cruiser “cousins” but how closely related they are to full-size Land Cruisers really just depends on whether you think a Prado is part of the Land Cruiser family or not.

is what I was trying to get at. I’m sorry you’re too brown to understand.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Literally nobody claimed they were built on the same platform. Just because they don't share the same base doesn't mean it wasn't intended to be the replacement/alternative
            >he doesn't know the second gen Prado was built to replace the 4Runner in the UK market
            Ironic really. Double ironic when you realize the only markets the Prado isn't sold in are those who market the Fortuner because, shocker, they're so damn similar it wouldn't make any sense and profits would suffer

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Prados haven't been Land Cruisers since the first generation, even the second generation was meant to be close to the 4Runner/Hilux Surf

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>IFS
          >dude it’s a Land Cruiser
          Hello moron

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

4th gen 4runners had 320ft lbs
          They provided nothing over them, they were a shittoer alternative with horrible visibility

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Your a jealous b***h who can’t come to terms with nor fathom how much my Fj trail teams shits on your basic b***h what 4Runner.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like you're the salty one here trying to justify a poor purchase but w/e

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

you realize they share the majority of parts right?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I like it because it looks like it's made out of legos

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Even the dash is childlike.

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I had a 2014 magma, it got stolen. I will never get over it.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

sorry for your loss bruh. You know.It’s a solid truck. Probably the most solid

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

if it's any consolation some arab guy is having loads of fun driving it around the dunes of Saudi Arabia right now

Keep it, homosexual
      >t. 2007 owner with 190,000 miles

this. FJs are based, i love mine. for some reason they make poorgays seethe because they're the subject of a hefty ToyotaTax. i lol because i bought mine years ago when they were still inexpensive.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>FJs are based
        Correct. Love mine too. Don’t know what’s up with the Toyota brother wars here.

I really wish I had the triple gauge cluster in mine. I haven’t checked if I have the outside temp unit in my engine bay though. I’ve got a ton of other tlc items to take care of once it warms up more and stops raining.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

czech'd and rec'd, going to be putting some rock rails on mine this summer

the gauge cluster is comfy and very kino, everything it contains is actually useful. the giant control knobs and buttons are my favourite feature, I can do everything without even looking and it makes nice big positive clicks like a baby toy. i have another vehicle with a touch screen that controls 90% of the features, fricking hate it.

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Keep it, homosexual
    >t. 2007 owner with 190,000 miles

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Thank you,

>2008
      >owe $3,500 left on the loan
      How

Bought it for 17k a few years ago

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>My dad brother and grandfather were all mech.engineers if that gets me cred
    but you were too stupid?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Nah too talented

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>2008
    >owe $3,500 left on the loan
    How

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Financing a used purchase. You could do worse for a pick of used vehicle since FJs are one of those cars that have a cult following that gets a bit moronic about them like S2000s or older Raptors and don’t depreciate much anymore.

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>I own a beautiful 2008 Toyota trail teams Fj cruiser with 140000 miles.
    Gay.
    >His name is Chuck
    More gay.
    > .
    That's just bait, I'm out.

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

if you like it why wouldn't you keep it until it's scrap?

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Formerly Sneed

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

lel he started söyjackposting

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>weeps obsessing over an IFS shitbox with cheap ass plastic interior and shit visibility
    I've known 3 people with FJ cruisers, they all did terribly on trails.

Extremely over-rated vehicle.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

literally no one cares about your made up troll stories

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

You literally do because you replied to his post.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Ignoring people you disagree with is rude, have a little class.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>made up stories
        So the FJ cruiser isn't actually IFS?

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Who ever said it was a SFA?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

So it’s inferior to a real Land Cruiser, or any other solid axle vehicle on off road trails.
            I think there’s a reason it’s called the “cruiser”
            It’s not meant for heavy duty work or off roading, it’s an American version of a Land Cruiser, softer suspension with no articulation that is geared to on-road, light duty use.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

It's called the FJ Cruiser, actually. As in, FJ40 + Landcruiser = FJ Cruiser.

Not sure why you're taking this all so personally, I don't see anything ITT that justifies how upset you are.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Why do you think I’m upset?
            It’s a well known fact Toyota stopped using superior solid axles due to complains about rough ride.
            The fj cruiser is a light duty vehicle with IFS and coil springs, Toyota still makes heavy duty trucks that still use solid axles and leafs for when they actually need to be reliable and tough trucks.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

you're the one bringing all this stuff up, then imposing it onto others like they've made some argument you need to rally against

weird as frick man, time for your meds.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

This, Toyota caved and started making sloppa vehicles to sell to women and womanly men long ago, the only Toyota still true to the original is the 70.

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

its just a slower, uglier, shittier 4runner

12. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

the fj really rustles some jimmies lol

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

This. It's upsetting to poorgays who can't buy one and are stuck driving queer wranglers around.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Wranglers cost more than an FJ cruiser though

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

they’re also better off road

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

they’re also better off road

>all this Stellantis cope

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

that's a funny word for being right

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>purposely avoids posting a Stellantis-era Jeep

kek, it's OK we know you're ashamed

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Nah its just the most recent one in my downloads
            Even then, they're literally no different

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

you know it's a REAL offroader when it comes with blindspot monitoring LMAO

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Goalposts shifting at rates never before seen

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

allow me

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/oF7IYKB.jpg

Nah its just the most recent one in my downloads
            Even then, they're literally no different

cute hairdresser cars

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

nah that would be

https://i.imgur.com/Z3P265X.jpg

>FJs are based

I really wish I had the triple gauge cluster in mine. I haven’t checked if I have the outside temp unit in my engine bay though. I’ve got a ton of other tlc items to take care of once it warms up more and stops raining.

enjoy your 9in of suspension travel tho kek

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Post a Jeep you actually own, Black person. The FJ is just my daily.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Ok

https://i.imgur.com/2yC8b65.jpg

that's not an FJ Cruiser, way to MOVE THE GOALPOSTS huehuehue

Yeah, you're right Toyota definitely has no connection to the FJC
            >being this salty
            lmao couldn't be me

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

so we should start posting Fiat 500s since they're basically the same as a Jeep?

lol what a r*tard

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

...? Yeah cause that's totally the same right?
            By that metric this thread should be filled with Diahatsus since Toyota is majority shareholder

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Cute. Here’s mine I sold a while ago.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

oh wow man really offroading it hard there careful you don't break an axle on that flat groomed road a fricking Sunfire could drive through

like pottery with you guys

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Show me your little CJ doing “real off-roading with leafs and ~35s tops lmao

Here’s a POS TJ I bought last year that’s getting 1-tons, an LS, and an Atlas put in.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>all that cringe aftermarket shit
            >spotless paint job
            >not a single chip or crack in the windshield
            >mirrors are in perfect working order

Tell me you are a pavement princess without telling me you're a pavement princess.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>He doesn’t know that pic is from the listing of the guy I bought it from
            >He still hasn’t posted a pic of his Jeep doing anything
            Here’s a shitty JK Rubicon I used to have that only had 33s. I’ve had more Jeeps than all of you combined.

That wasn't me you uppity dumbass lmao

Post your Jeep or frick off

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Already did. Don't have any pics while out wheeling cause I'm more concerned about the trail than I am instagram clout lmao you should try it sometime

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>leaf springs

lmao. lol even.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

2 link is gangster and we both know it
            >break a leaf = no biggie
            >break a coil = fricked

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>break a leaf
            >you're a queef

>break a coil
            >must be royal

looks like I win again bucko

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

2-link is nice... if you have Y-link/radius arms

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Y link is pretty cool I'll give you that. Radius arms like FJ80s, I don't trust like that

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

The most expensive and sought after Toyota 70 series are still leaf and solid axle for a reason.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Cute badlands winch there buddy. You know I’m not the one who took all of these pics right?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>he can't even recognize one of the most prolific winches Smittybilt ever made
            Many such cases. Sad!

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

You still haven’t acknowledged this consistent problem here

>leaf springs

lmao. lol even.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

That wasn't me you uppity dumbass lmao

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't think you know what that term means

https://i.imgur.com/2Haz3Mm.jpg

>FJgays
            >happy, centred, content, hydrated, reliable, in their lane

>Jeepgays
            >RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE WATCH ME CRAWL THIS ROCK RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *BANG* *DIFF EXPLODES*

>FJC gays
            >OH SHIT A POTHOLE

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Man Jeeps are so relia-ACK

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Shoulda had kingpins

https://i.imgur.com/xYFSEqJ.jpg

I can't believe how unhinged this jeep guy is right now. Thread was totally chill and he just comes flying in with all this homosexuality and negativity. Almost like he's compensating for something.

you toyota gays were literally at each other's throats in the first half of the thread top kek

13. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>FJgays
    >happy, centred, content, hydrated, reliable, in their lane

>Jeepgays
    >RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE WATCH ME CRAWL THIS ROCK RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *BANG* *DIFF EXPLODES*

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

funny you say that in favor of a car that had the shittiest pinion Toyota ever made

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Thanks for proving you know virtually nothing about the FJ's drivetrain :^)

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Nah I know plenty about the 8in and 8.2in. Pinion neck is way too thin which is a major problem for anyone running 5.29s. Keep coping though lmaoo
          It's okay you can always just swap in a Dana or Sterling... oh wait

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

why would someone put shit tier north american parts in their perfectly designed FJ Cruiser? why does superior japanese engineering make you seethe so much?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>ECGS is shit tier
            >Yukon is shit tier
            just admit you don't wrench lmao
            Also cause 4.10s are only good for getting groceries

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

The 8.2s are plenty strong, I can't say I've ever seen a broken one. The shitty part is that no one makes a real LSD for them so you're stuck with e-locker or air-locker. I still have the 8" in my truck, it's re-geared to 4.88s. It's been holding for years with 35s and supercharged. When it does break I will be going to a 9" for sure.

14. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Got a '13 with 86k on the odometer. Best vehicle I've owned.

15. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I like that Jeep is so connected to the LGBTQ2SBYOBBQGTA4+ community

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous
      • 3 months ago
        Anonymous

that's not an FJ Cruiser, way to MOVE THE GOALPOSTS huehuehue

16. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

FJ Owners:

Jeepgays: FRICK YOU ALL I HATE EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU MY NAME IS JOHN AND I HAVE TEN JEEPS AND I'M TOTALLY NOT GAY LOOK AT MY DIFF CHECK THE FLEX HEY homosexual THESE ARE 37'S SHOW SOME RESPECT DOORS OFF BOYS I'M READY FOR ANYTHING

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Imagine being this mad cause you invited shit talking and didn't have a leg to stand on

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Literally no one said anything and out of nowhere you started sperging about jeeps. Go back and check the thread babyboy.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Wrong again

This. It's upsetting to poorgays who can't buy one and are stuck driving queer wranglers around.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

so you're not really refuting anything though, you're just proving how insecure jeep owners are and how their vehicles depreciate faster than FJs

ironically FJs are appreciating in value LOL

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't start what you can't finish
            >muh appreciation
            You see the prices of CJs/YJs/TJs recently?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Honestly man just stop eating at McDonalds so much and you can probably save up enough to buy a 2007 FJ with 400,000 miles on it. Or keep blowing your Walmart paycheques on bits from Vatozone to stick on your rustbucket and remain foreverbitter at superior nippon offroaders.

JSYK we don't actually hate you guys, we feel sorry for you. Sort of like nobility taking pity on the peasant class. Every now and then I'll throw one of you a loaf of bread when you snap an axle or your frame snaps and you need a tow out.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Nah when I need extra money I'll just list my 00 4Runner for $30k and offload it to some other poor sap

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>24 year old 4Runner worth $30k

Toyotagays just keep winning lol.

https://i.imgur.com/gtt16Kp.jpg

>He doesn’t know that pic is from the listing of the guy I bought it from
            >He still hasn’t posted a pic of his Jeep doing anything
            Here’s a shitty JK Rubicon I used to have that only had 33s. I’ve had more Jeeps than all of you combined.
            [...]
            Post your Jeep or frick off

Woah careful bud that puddle might be at least 2-3 inches deep! Totally gnarly!

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Still no other images.
            Settled, then. I’ve won. I’ve owned just about every 4x4 you can think of. If you are incapable of appreciating different ones for their strengths and weaknesses then you are a <80IQ Black person and should have a nice day.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>trying to take the middle ground after barfing jeepshit for the last 20 minutes

lmfao no dice gaytron, you lose and will forever be the big gay loser of DA. have fun on your gay jeep safari.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I’m this guy you moron

https://i.imgur.com/Z3P265X.jpg

>FJs are based

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

dumbass I'm this guy

https://i.imgur.com/wDhZjJ3.jpg

Cute. Here’s mine I sold a while ago.

get your shit straight

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

What is even happening in here anymore lmao

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

hey stop replying to that guy I'm over here

https://i.imgur.com/sCVej0K.jpg

Already did. Don't have any pics while out wheeling cause I'm more concerned about the trail than I am instagram clout lmao you should try it sometime

and

https://i.imgur.com/M09gha0.jpg

funny you say that in favor of a car that had the shittiest pinion Toyota ever made

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

If you call paying the price of a new car for something with 350k miles winning
            I call that being moronic

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

then I guess you're a moron, congrats.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't worry I paid $3000 for it before the inflation :^)

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I can also see the seethe and hate coming from Jeep owners whenever I get near them driving. Seeing them know that their driving a pos to my absolute tank FJ is a beautiful part of my day.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>IFS
        >tank
        Any heavy duty vehicle on the road is solid axle, IFS is for light duty.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

So all the pickup trucks that can haul and tow a shitton more than the FJ have a SFA and SRA?

My brother in christ your ignorance is a curse, redeem yourself through basic Googling.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Yes, f250,f350,f450 and dodge 2500 and 3500 and Toyota land cruisers like the 70 series that are actually designed to do work use solid front axles.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

What about F150s, Tundras, Silverados, 1500s, RAMs?

Or are you going to play No True Scotsman because you're a moron?

inb4 towing 10,000lbs doesn't qualify as doing work

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Toyota uses solid axles for work trucks and IFS for light duty, go ask Toyota why they made this decision, they will tell you it's because solid axles are simply stronger

The tundra is a light duty truck btw, so are 1500 trucks.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

They gave the FJ Cruiser IFS because they wanted better stock ground clearance that you get without a giant pumpkin diff. They also sold the FJ in 2WD and 4WD variants, so having a SFA for a 2WD vehicle would make absolutely no sense and create shitty handling problems. IFS handles better overall on road and off road. It's why majority of trucks use IFS these days but still keep a solid rear axle. It's the perfect pairing. The only reason for a solid axle is to support immense payload capacity or to ensure major articulation for extreme scenarios like rock crawling.
            The FJ was purpose built as an offroader, not a rock crawler. It wasn't built to haul 20 tons of cement either.

You seem to be ascribing certain traits to it that it's never claimed itself, nor has anyone with an FJ. A lot of projection from Jeep owners ITT, really makes you think.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>the FJ cruiser wasn’t meant for heavy duty use
            Correct.
            >the FJ cruiser wasn’t made for rock crawling
            Correct.
            You have a large Subaru essentially.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

why are jeepgays still seething ITT

also, just gonna mention:

>FJ tows 5,000lbs
            >Jeep tows max 3,500lbs, 2 doors can barely tow 2,000lbs
            >despite BOF and SFA

lmfao

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>The Sport S and Overland trims have a towing capacity of 6,000 pounds when similarly equipped with the Max Tow Package. The Rubicon, known for its off-road prowess, has a slightly lower towing capacity of 7,000 pounds due to its heavier off-road components.
            ?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>casually omitting the fact that this is for the Jeep Gladiator, not the Wrangler

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

They’re the same truck, same axles same engine same everything.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Wrangler isn't a truck dumbass, it's an SUV. FJ isn't a truck either, it's an SUV.

If you wanna compare a Tacoma to a Gladiator that's fine, but then you're just changing the subject.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Read

>both numbers are higher than what the FJ can tow
            Oof.
            The ability to tow means you need stiff springs, and the ability to off road means you need compliant springs that can allow the axle to articulate.

The truck and the regular jeep use the same frame
            https://bholaw.com/toyota-to-pay-3-4b-to-settle-rusty-truck-frame-action/

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

so the wrangler frames snap in half when you try to tow a teardrop trailer on a groomed road? LOL

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>just blatantly moving the goalposts a hundred miles while everyone is watching you

genuinely lol'd at your post

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>6,000lbs
            >Rubicon is slightly lower
            >at 7,000lbs

lol you fukt up there bigboi

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>both numbers are higher than what the FJ can tow
            Oof.
            The ability to tow means you need stiff springs, and the ability to off road means you need compliant springs that can allow the axle to articulate.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>2007 FJ Cruiser with it's NA 4.0 and IFS can tow 5,000lbs without breaking a sweat
            >16 years later the top of the line Jeep with two solid axles manages to catch up

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>a 1960 ford truck can tow more than a 2007 FJ
            What took Toyota so long to catch up to American trucks?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>without a giant pumpkin diff.
            You mean like the diff on the rear axle?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

FJ is a tank built in a commercial vehicle factory alongside HINO trucks. Tank tank tank tank tank tank tank.

Cope n seethe lil boy.

[...]
            You’re not wrong but why does the existence of a 4x4 make you seethe so much?

He's mad because he can't afford one.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>Any heavy duty vehicle on the road is solid axle, IFS is for light duty.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes, f250,f350,f450 and dodge 2500 and 3500 and Toyota land cruisers like the 70 series that are actually designed to do work use solid front axles.

You’re not wrong but why does the existence of a 4x4 make you seethe so much?

17. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I can't believe how unhinged this jeep guy is right now. Thread was totally chill and he just comes flying in with all this homosexuality and negativity. Almost like he's compensating for something.

18. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>loan on a 16 year old car
    Is this a thing that people actually do?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

It is when’s it’s an clean Fj trail teams with 80,000 miles for 17k

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>It is when’s it’s an clean Fj trail teams with 80,000 miles for 17k
        Canadian here, that would be a dream if it were available.

TrailTeams with lower mileage go for like $30-40k here, even with the conversion from our funnymoney to USD they're still gouging people.
        The really mint TT/Ultimate edition ones are going for $70k in some cases, it's frickin dildoz.

19. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Jeepgays eating each other now LOL. This is why cousins shouldn't marry.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

regard

Shoulda had kingpins
      [...]
      you toyota gays were literally at each other's throats in the first half of the thread top kek

you guys were screaming at each other earlier "it's not a real land cruiser" "YES IT IS"

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

those were jeepgays trying to start shit just like you are now, nice try moving the goalposts sweetie

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Is that what you tell yourself? Yeah uh huh sure

20. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Hey guys, OP here. I’ve decided to renounce my homosexuality and sell the FJ for a real imported J70 Land Cruiser. I hope my testosterone levels and will to live will go up from here.

Also JeepBlack folk tongue my anus

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

J70s are kino, so are 80series. FJs are great too. We all have our favorite Yotas and that's cool, because if there's even just one single thing we can all agree on, it's that jeepBlack folk tongue my anus.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I got no issue with 70 series, or anything with a straight axle. An FJ40 is one of my dreams to own but they're all rusted to frick now

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

so just spend $200,000 and buy one from ICON in California what are you POOR or something

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I wish these were just a teensy bit stubbier. I feel like the 4 doors are kinda stretched but the 2 doors are too squished. Somewhere right in between would be perfect

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

No bruh I’m the op. Never selling my FJ, for a left side drive but cool j70

21. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Feels good man

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>muh overland

I got no issue with 70 series, or anything with a straight axle. An FJ40 is one of my dreams to own but they're all rusted to frick now

Same but an FJ-45 specifically
      >sub $50k: holes in the floors and frame reduced to dust
      >$50k and above: nearly perfect condition but wouldnt be able to bring myself to alter it
      Life is pain

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

rock crawling is objectively the gayest form of offroading, even gayer than gucci boomer overlanding rigs

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

fully wrong, pic related

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>he doesn't like boggin

best head I ever got was from a fat girl in her lifted XJ she used for boggin, she wore cowboy boots and had huge breasts

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I dont, not really. I can appreciate the sheer difficulty of having to get through pits like that and it can be fun when you're drunk, but watching trucks with opened headers that make more noise than power just drive through a 20ft stretch over and over isn't exactly what I call thrilling

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>technical driving is gayer than $20k worth of "sick mods" to drive forest service roads
          objectively wrong

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>spending $40k on tires and axles and brakes and diffs and shafts and trannies etc. just to drive 30 meters over some moronic rock cut that you could just as easily circumnavigate

rock crawling is objectively moronic

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like you don't understand wheeling then
            You can circumnavigate the whole mountain, there's these nifty new things called "highways" now

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

What's the point of going offroad if not to challenge yourself?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I prefer to be mentally challenged.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

That's how I feel about people with double and triple marlin crawlers that literally idle up walls cause their reduction is so low. Like yeah thats a cool gimmick but its just driving for you at that point

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like you don't understand wheeling then
            You can circumnavigate the whole mountain, there's these nifty new things called "highways" now

the only rock crawling that impresses me is stuff like that guy ripping through Moab in a Crown Vic or the dude that in his KIA Sorento who climbed Hell's Gate

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

that patina has me erect

22. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Since this is technically an FJ thread, I want some advice. I don’t really off-road this thing that much anymore and the tlc I mentioned taking care of in the summer is mostly rust on the underside. It’s not critically bad, but I’d like to take care of it before it gets worse. It’s on
    >The rear body mounts
    >The front body mounts, which have had a shitty chop job
    >A rear part of the chassis
    What is the best way to treat this? Should I wire wheel it, neutralize it, and rattlecan it, or should I just wire wheel it and then use POR-15?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Also what the frick is going on

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

POR15 is good if the rust isn't on the inside of the frame rails, which I guarantee it is. Wire wheel, prime, and rubberized undercoat where you can. Paint will chip easily and you'll just be into annual bullshit/sanding.

Rubberized rocker guard coating in a spray can works quite well, don't use spray on bed liner it is the devil.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Pick up a cheap portable sandblaster from harbor freight, works really well to get hard to reach areas

POR15 is good if the rust isn't on the inside of the frame rails, which I guarantee it is. Wire wheel, prime, and rubberized undercoat where you can. Paint will chip easily and you'll just be into annual bullshit/sanding.

Rubberized rocker guard coating in a spray can works quite well, don't use spray on bed liner it is the devil.

The problem with rubberized coatings is if they chip/peel at all moisture enters in underneath the whole surface and the entire thing is compromised

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

That's why you put it on super thiccc. If it does come off it's repairable, I've used it on parts for my trailers and honestly never had a problem. If paint is your thing have at it I suppose, I just find paint seems to flake and chip within days of driving it on the road.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

C o m f y

23. 3 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>2 cylinders short

24. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

https://www.classaction.org/news/toyota-hit-with-class-action-over-alleged-fj-cruiser-frame-rust-problems
    A proposed class action alleges the frames of 2007-2014 model year Toyota FJ Cruiser vehicles can prematurely rust and corrode due to a defect.

According to the 81-page lawsuit, many affected FJ Cruiser models are unsafe to drive given the extent of the rust and corrosion damage to their frames, i.e. the main supporting structure to which all other vehicle components are attached. The suit alleges Toyota has misrepresented in its nationwide advertising the quality and overall ruggedness of the vehicles, which allegedly pose a significant safety risk.

Toyota already had to pay out on their Tacoma and tundra and sequoia frames…. Ouch
    I had to work on my friends tundra a few weeks ago, the frame was rusty as shit despite coming from Southern California where they never salt the roads and its dry as a bone

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

lmfao all this cope and I'm just over here with 438,000 miles on a 2009 FJ that's lived its entire life in the rust belt

25. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>the virgin jeep cuck seethes while the FJ Chad just keeps on cruising

Feels good man.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I don’t own a jeep, I own a Toyota pickup, and it’s rusty as hell.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

that's cool but this is an FJ thread, plenty of room for Tacoma owners over on reddit

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>toyota Tacoma
          >toyota pickup
          Those are two different trucks.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

if he has a toyota pickup that means it predates Tacos which means it's +35 years old and rust is expected

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Except for the 2007 tundra I just worked on that was from socal and the frame was loaded with rust, just taking the skid plate off for an oil change snapped a bolt off in the frame because it was rusted solid
            Never had any other vehicle rust so bad

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

you mean a car that's lived its life next to a salty ocean has rust?

get outta here with your crazy stories!

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>anywhere in socal is an ocean shore
            What?
            Toyota got sued and lost for their frames rusting, they are flawed.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

ok but what does that have to do with gladiator frames snapping

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *