Flying cars

are bullshit. Flight is multitudes more difficult than driving, so instead of starting with a car, and trying to make it fly. We should start off with an airplane or helicopter and make it drive.

Which brings me to my point:
A FLYING CAR, IS AN AEROPLANE.
Thanks for listening to my TED Talk

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mfw grandpa is doing 200 knots below the speed limit in the passing lane on approach to the Walmart runway

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Mfw grandpa is doing 200 knots below the speed limit in the passing lane on approach to the Walmart runway
      Overtake overtake overtake now OOOOOH OH YEAH

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>homosexual cuts me off
    >i speed up and get in front of him
    >brake check the fricker
    >c**t pulls over to a cloud and hops out
    >he forgot that you can't stand on clouds dumbass
    >cackle like a witch as falls to his death
    >come back next day, his flying car is still there
    >free car, sweet

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Flying is a job for computers, and they do it pretty well. A flying car is just a delivery drone for people.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Flight is multitudes more difficult than driving
    I disagree. No speeding Altimas or state troopers in the sky.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yet.
      As soon as idiots start going supersonic 50 feet above an elementary school, there will be restrictions.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>going supersonic 50 feet above an elementary school
        the kids (the ones that werent raised by WOMEN) would love it lol. would suck to replace all the windows every few days though lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

v-tols are the future of urban transportation, it will happen eventually, and it will be rolled out to wealthy people first
    this will have many economical implications

• 2 months ago
      Helpless Investor

They are not. The Chinese electric quadcopter flying cars you see online like pic related are not practical daily drivers because they use fixed pitch propellers. This is a major safety concern, because a loss of power will result in you falling from the sky and plummeting to your death. Such designs are fine for UAVs but when actual lives are on the line you need higher standards. Standard helicopters will simply autorotate upon loss of power. These will not

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

vtol doesn't mean it can't change from vertical takeoff to horizontal propulsion
        those look a lot like OP's but with 4 propellers total for stability purposes, you can go full autism and give it 6 or 8, but at the end of the day, most planes just do it with 2 engines

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Ok. First of all, the amount of people that get drunk and manual-override their "flying car" (aka plane/helicopter) into a skyscraper or other building will skyrocket.
        Secondly, you think noise pollution is bad with cars on the road? Imagine the constant fricking whine of a million heavy-duty quadcopter propellers at all times. Or big ones. Or jet engines. It would be maddening.
        Thirdly, why the frick do you need to fly to get to Walmart? Urban sprawl is bad enough as it is without having to build a literal aircraft runway on every street corner.
        Four: Flying this goofy ass drone thing probably uses 4 times the energy of a car to travel the same distance, while weighing a fraction and having almost zero cargo capacity. Noone's mom is driving their kids to soccer practice in this shit.

You want an alternative to cars? Build a fricking subway. Or shut up.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

i don't see how five dollar footlongs provide a valuable alternative to cars

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

in reality ultra high speed railway (match speeds and up) is really attractive 2bh

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Mainly big cities becoming obsolete and their real-estate markets collapsing.

Unless the real-estate israelites step in to stop it of course.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you've gotten one of the implications, the other can easily be deduced from yours

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Flying is actually so easy they let kids do it, you can get a pilot's license before a driver's license. The issue lies in the fact that if you saturate the air with morons they're all going to crash into each other, drop onto things below, and crash into things below.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

that's an easy one, it's called auto-pilot centralized command
      just keep in mind that for that to happen the saturation must be high, and that's unlikely to happen at the very beginning when these will be rich people's toys

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I didn't say flying, I said FLIGHT. Building a craft capable of flying. Piloting it is trivial in comparison.

Flying is a job for computers, and they do it pretty well. A flying car is just a delivery drone for people.

This does make sense, they indeed should aim for autonomous flying. But this isn't happening in the near future. 200+ years easily.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

imo, we're fully capable of 100% centralized airway traffic, sure it'll get us some accidents from which we could learn and improve, but we'd get there, I'd say the tech is already here to make that happen
        if you think about it, the tech is very similar to what google maps has, just add altitude and you got it

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why don't they make car boat plane things that can do everything?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

my buddy's dream "car" is a boat-plane that can land in the sea, pick up water and use it as fuel for the hydrogen engine, all it needs is to have some battery life to turn the water into hydrogen

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

there's no fricking reason to fly unless you need to go very fast and / or above an obstacle that you can't otherwise cross at a similar speed.
    >dude what if my hamburger came with a drone LMAO
    normalgays are so fricking moronic it's unreal

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

there's one excellent use case, that I won't tell you cause I might capitalize on it, trade secret, but just think "rich people"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Rich people do further these developments, There will be bars and restaurants in orbit, not in our lifetime, but there will.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>bars and restaurants in orbit
          definitely can see that happen, but that however does indeed seem a bit far away from now as you mentioned

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Driving is harder because you have less room to maneuver, less vigorous licensing requirements, badly designed cars with little safety oversight, no control tower, no radio comms, no enforced checks on clunkers. Flying is not harder. Rather, the equipment and pilots are forced to comply to a much higher standard.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>equipment and pilots are forced to comply to a much higher standard.
      correct, and this is crucial, that's precisely why in the beginning of this tech if it ever catches on, it'll be targeted specifically to richgays, since they're the only ones to be able to provide the money to cover all those hall of costs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Driving is harder because you have less room to maneuver, less vigorous licensing requirements, badly designed cars with little safety oversight, no control tower, no radio comms, no enforced checks on clunkers. Flying is not harder. Rather, the equipment and pilots are forced to comply to a much higher standard.

Yes we've covered this. Achieving FLIGHT, is much harder than achieving ROLLING though. That's my point

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Achieving FLIGHT, is much harder than achieving ROLLING though
          You're trying to get somewhere, right? I bet that if I were to pick 10 pairs of random locations on earth, it would be easier to get from A to B flying rather than rolling in 9/10 cases.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Now you're being deliberately stoopid

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

VTOL vehicles can never see mass adoption because of how fuel-inefficient they are. It takes a massive amount of gas to raise and hover something as heavy as a car. A tiny two seat helicopter burns 10-15 gallons of fuel per hour. Imagine paying $50/hour to "drive" your automated cuck pod.

The actual future is that transportation itself is going to be obsoleted. People are going to work and play in VR and their groceries and shit will be delivered, so they'll never have to leave their houses. I can envision some gene therapy being invented that prevents bodily atrophy or illnesses related to lack of exercise, so there won't be any health downside to this. Obviously that is theoretically possible since we have many animals that can go weeks without moving, such as python snakes, which nevertheless stay perfectly muscular and fit.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *