>Ford had the Barra. >Chebby had the 4.2 Vortec

>Ford had the Barra
>Chebby had the 4.2 Vortec
Wish we were in the timeline where full size sedan's could've soldiered on and had I6's in them.
Instead everything RWD died, then their successors got transverse shitty V6's in them and promptly died as a market segment.

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

literally bmw

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Fix It Again Bruno
      no thanks, I want bench seats and column shifters

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>column shifters
        this is my litmus test for gigantic moronation. Your electronically operated automatic transmission is not some old timey mechanic device that needs to be muscled into gear. Ideally I would say autos should use a push button system, but realistically a small console lever is the most ergonomic

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What is your point? You might have an argument if I was was advocating column shifters in the early 1960's when push button transmissions were popular. The meta was always either column shifter, or floor shifter. Floor shifters are just dumb for automatics, but were done because it makes the car seem "sporty".
          Given the option between floor and column, the column is superior for interior comfort because you can either delete the center console, or increase it's usable storage. Even cars using dial shifters for some reason insist on have them in the center console.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Floor shifters are just dumb for automatics, but were done because it makes the car seem "sporty".
            Its pretty disingenuous to call a console shifter a floor shifter when it likely connects directly to the computer rather than going through the floor to the troony. Modern console shifters like the one you posted are the easiest to operate out of all the choices available, and you wont bump into it while turning the wheel like you can with a column shifter
            As for button shifters, those still exist, my dads hondas have them. I like the concept but in practice its just easier to pull a lever than fumble around for a button.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you wont bump into it while turning the wheel like you can with a column shifter
            I've owned a Taurus and a Grand Marquis and this literally has never happened.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I dont doubt that - you have be above 6' and have man sized hands for it to happen

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Column shifter is the ideal location for an auto, if you're to moronic to figure out how not to whack your hands on it thats your problem

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You either have elephantiasis or a 3-digit BMI
            t. 6'3"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I've had column shifter trucks for years and never once accidentally hit the shifter turning the wheel. It's too far back and I don't drive drunk

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you wont bump into it while turning the wheel like you can with a column shifter
            How do you even do this? The column shifter is spring-loaded towards the dashboard and has to be pulled *towards* you to clear the detent between gears.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

You are clearly a wrenchlet busrider, so your opinion doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>overuse of dogshit brittle plastic: the continent
      Grody

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

how couldn't ford have fitted the 5.0 into this car from factory? explain it to me.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

5.0 was dead during all but its last year of production. Other than that I think a 5.0 is almost a direct bolt in aside from bellhousings and such.

I dont doubt that - you have be above 6' and have man sized hands for it to happen

As someone whos 6'3 with average man hands, I've never had an issue of accidentally bumping the column shift in my w-body.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They did, the 4.6 is larger than the 5.0. The first year of the revamped Town Car (1990) carried over the 302 before it was replaced with the 4.6 that the '91 CV/GMQ had from the start.

He meant the coyote 5.0, morons.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

if thats the case then the question answers itself, moron

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The coyote fits, double Black person.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The Coyote didn't fricking exist yet.

• 2 weeks ago
          Greased Geese

>i want the wrong 302

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They did, the 4.6 is larger than the 5.0. The first year of the revamped Town Car (1990) carried over the 302 before it was replaced with the 4.6 that the '91 CV/GMQ had from the start.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>not mentioning nissans tb42 tb45 tb48 kino trugg motor
    >loves boost
    >basically a jap intech/barra

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I6
    half the appeal of an executive sedan is the massively oversized engine that rolls down the road at less than 1k revs, barely making a whisper.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *