Front engine porsche appreciation

>Be porsche
>make some of the best front engine sports cars ever
>2.5 turbo 4
>3.0L n/a 4
>even a 4.5 to 5.4 v8 offered in the 928
>basically offered the equivalent of modern ecoboost and coyote mustangs with transaxles and top tier suspension from the 70s to the 90s
>make the boxster and never make a front engine coupe again
I know they were a bit more expensive than the competition, but I feel like people would be drooling over these in the present day if they were made by toyota or nissan. I mean big bore 4 cylinders and a 32v v8 making 345hp in the early 90s? I really wish porsche still made stuff like this instead of suv's and goudy panameras.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They're all rather ugly and unreliable, still NARP. Might as well just get an American or Japanese alternative.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Imo the only ugly one is the 928 but only cause the headlights and the pod shape. Its still not that bad though. Also the 928 was competitive with the turbo 911 of the time so I feel its a disservice to call them all NARP over having an engine in the front, especially when the trans is in the back and the engine is behind the front axle, making them front mid engine. Imo the only car that was truly NARP was the 914 since it was literally a vw porsche amalgam

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The 924 was designed to replace the 914, intended to be sold as a VW, and engineered to use as many off the shelf VW/Audi parts as they could get away with. Then the oil crisis hit, VW decided to go with the Golf-based Scirocco instead, and Porsche was stuck with a finished car that VW didn't want anymore.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I just wish the M44 wasn't such a turd and the turbo wasn't in such a stupid place (right under the intake manifold). These are affordable and have a good chassis.

Porsche snobs get the rope. I'll take your NARP and raise you a chavis conversion that is better in every single way than your non turbo carrera.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

But now it sounds like shit

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>he thinks any porsche that isn't a carrera gt or a GT3 sounds good
          kek

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, they do, most naturally aspirated Porsches are alright. LS is one of the worst sounding V8s out there.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>carrera or boxster owner coping about his raspy ass slow car
            It sounds like ass. Sorry.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Dis homie like vacuum cleaners and nasty ass raspy V8 farts

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>strawmanning instead of posting a video of his nasty raspy buzzy exhaust to prove his ordinary porsche sounds good
            Porsche 911s are many things, cars that sound good is not one of them. You can continue sperging about LS engines, I haven't mentioned them once.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Learn to follow a conversation dipshit, someone posted a LS swapped 996. Stock 996 blows away the LS in sound.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You insist on comparing it because that's the only way you can feel good about it. I don't care about the LS, in isolation or compared with other high end sports cars, 911s sound bad. The only ones that sound good are the ones that sound good at high rpm, and even those sound like ass below 5,000rpm

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The 928 isn't NARP.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>The 911 was derived from the 356, which was derived from the Volkswagen Type-1
      >The 914 was a joint development between Volkswagen and Porsche
      >The 968 was derived from the 944, which was derived from the 924, which was a joint development between Volkswagen and Porsche
      >The 928 was a complete clean-sheet design by Porsche from the engine to the chassis

The 928 is the only real Porsche, everything else is NARP

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

the 911 has volkswagen heritage. the cayenne, tacan and macan are the only real porsches

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Cayenne has always been a rebadged Touareg, Macan is a rebadged Q5, Panamera shares its chassis with a Bentley but came first so technically the Bentley is the rebadge
          718 has the same front half as the 911 of the same generation and if you trace its lineage back the 986/987 base models used an Audi transaxle
          Taycan shares its chassis with the Audi E-Tron GT
          Looks like only the 928, Carrera GT and 918 are the only non-NARPs they made for road use

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

holy shit youre right

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>924, which was a joint development
        VW was not involved at all aside from commissioning Porsche to design a new sport coupe for them before ultimately rejecting the design in favor of the Scirocco. Porsche bought the design back and set to work redesigning the thing to eliminate all the VW parts over the following years.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They had turbo 4 cylinder mustangs during that time, also in no way are the 944 and fox or 944 and ecoboost similar have you ever seen the size (and weight) of a 944, also the ecoboost mustang never had a hatchback

944 base and turbo are very reliable, the other ones all the lots of headwork maintence stuff and the v8s are not very good either

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Back in the day yes but now 944 is cheaper than foxbody or s chasis

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

944s are cheaper because they're a poor platform for modification which limits the buyer pool. Fox body and S chassis are expensive because of massive aftermarket and ease of modification. If your 944 is non turbo, turbocharging it is non trivial, and is actually a lot more of a pain than most cars like it, the differential is weak too. If you want to a 944 you either need to figure out a way to use the torque tube with the engine you're installing or completely rework the underbody and rear end, this is a lot of extra work and expense vs what is a downright trivial thing to do with a fox body or s chassis nissan.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Sup guise, front engine porsche here!

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>>2.5 turbo 4
    can't rev, made shit power, blows up
    >>3.0L n/a 4
    can't rev for shit, no power, blows up
    >>even a 4.5 to 5.4 v8
    blows up, literally who engine. Probably made shit power and couldn't rev past 7. I'm just guessing for this one though.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The turbo made good power for an 80s turbo 4 cylinder. I know the mustang svo for sure wasn't making 250hp in top form. The 3.0 also made around 240hp n/a and in turbo form made 300hp and like 360tq. The 5.4 made 345hp in its final iteration. It was literally porsche's version of the lt5 before the lt5 came out. None of the engines were really much of a headache beyond doing the chain tensioners every 100k, but its not like it was a time bomb like newer german stuff. Overall you just sound like you entered this thread angry for the sole purpose on shitting on stuff you have no idea about

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>The turbo made good power for an 80s turbo 4 cylinder.
        NTA, but in 1988 the M44/52 made 247hp out of 2.5L.This is only 12hp more than a bmw S14B25. The M44 is, as I said before

https://i.imgur.com/8iMMBdM.jpeg

I just wish the M44 wasn't such a turd and the turbo wasn't in such a stupid place (right under the intake manifold). These are affordable and have a good chassis.

Porsche snobs get the rope. I'll take your NARP and raise you a chavis conversion that is better in every single way than your non turbo carrera.

, a turd. A 944S and an E30 M3 were similarly priced cars, but somehow Porsche managed to make barely any more power out of their turbo 4 than bmw did from their NA 4.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

id never buy/own one but I think these look cool with the right modifications.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>we never got a 2-door Panamera
    But at least we got a based wagon.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I like the 968 Clubsport and it's body color painted wheels

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Porsche isn't going to do something like the 944 ever again. They're only going to make EVs because europeans are fricking zombie slaves to nwo agendas. It'll be a miracle if there's still an ICE 911 in 2030.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I wish Toyota would do a platform trade with Porsche like they did with BMW. We could have a GR86-based 944 with the 718's engine and a 718-based MR2 with an STI engine.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Porsche is lobbying hard for exemptions from the ICE bans and synthetic fuel, actually.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Two of those are Volkswagens, not Porsches. But the one with the V8 is good.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *