>gain 0.006% fuel economy in EPA test. >decrease bearing life by 75%

>gain 0.006% fuel economy in EPA test
>decrease bearing life by 75%
We did it Patrick, we saved the environment!

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

be a real shame if people accidentally put 0w-20 in their cars

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No difference. Still 0W when warm.

https://i.imgur.com/rfWfmIM.png

>gain 0.006% fuel economy in EPA test
      >decrease bearing life by 75%
      We did it Patrick, we saved the environment!

>decrease bearing life
      I know that's the meme, but has anone been able to show that's true? Is there a paper?
      My understanding is that 0w flows well through plain bearings at half the usual clearance, and provides a normal service life. The added benefit is no viscosity Index Improvers are needed once all the paraffin is refined out. The oil is essentually impervious to shear.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>No difference. Still 0W when warm
        ok I'm dyslexic. Yes different when warm.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the first number isn't the warm viscosity bruh.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you put that olive oil in your engine you deserve what you get.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My Toyota Dealership told me if I didn't use Genuine Toyota Motor Oil I would void my warranty

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just Toyota things

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why are you interacting with a dealership?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Car came with a 2 year maint plan included

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

then why do you even give a shit? just let them change the oil

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They won't change it (for free) at 5k intervals, which is what my manual says to do when off roading a good bit

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why should they?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Which brings me back to my point of doing it on my own, but they want nearly $160 for a box of the Toyota shit while Motor1 is like $40 for the same quantity

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Don't tell them.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

if something goes wrong with your engine where you need warranty work done, they'll probably take an oil sample to figure out what happened

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Just blame the last place you took it to.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tfw the toyota dealership sends their forensics team after you

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They can only void your warranty for using other brand oils if they are providing free oil changes to you during the warranty period. Which is also bullshit because that just means they sold you the oil as part of the warranty cost.
            Secondly, how would they know you changed your own oil? Oh wait, that's a new toyota, it probably phones home and puts you on a naughty list.
            Either way, you deserve this treatment for buying a post 2020 toyota.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Dealership
      yeah

>2 year
      I tried finding out what the longevity of the new 10 speed autos is, and only found a gaggle of "muh ferd/chebby has 56k miles on it, is very reliable"

No difference. Still 0W when warm.
      [...]
      >decrease bearing life
      I know that's the meme, but has anone been able to show that's true? Is there a paper?
      My understanding is that 0w flows well through plain bearings at half the usual clearance, and provides a normal service life. The added benefit is no viscosity Index Improvers are needed once all the paraffin is refined out. The oil is essentually impervious to shear.

>My understanding is that 0w flows well through plain bearings at half the usual clearance,
      It will be good for 56k miles.
      Memes aside, it probably doesn't matter for npc driving in a shitbox that will get junked in 10 years for other reasons.
      However it does have much thinner film layer, and that's why it requires tighter bearings.
      Load her up and she'll tell you a knock knock joke.
      There is a reason even ecogay trucks are still 30 and sport cars use 40 weight.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>if I didn't use Genuine Toyota Motor Oil I would void my warranty
      If you live in the real country, you are protected by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. If they make you use their product to not void the warranty, they must provide you with that product. Horay USA.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

0W-8 is literally water with some olive oil. It's been tested on some youtubers i've seen even.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sorry but the environment is already doomed. Checkmated, if you want. It's gonna happen so do whatever you want while you can, whether thats slow or speed it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>doomed
      I was promised extinction about a dozen times so far.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If it was that insignificant of a benefit and decreased reliability that much it wouldn't be used by brands that stand on their reliability to sell.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>brands that stand on their reliability to sell
      Anon it's 2024, we have brands that used to be reliable in the old world, 5 years ago.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

We have a board dedicated to people like your kind you know.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *