Genuinely, why do they think it's OK?

Friend sent me a reddit (yeah yeah, I should have known it would be dumb) thread by some guy who drives exclusively deathtraps. He bragged about how he drives his rusty $2000 oldsmobiles and chevys with holes in the frames, held together by JB weld and angle iron, and then got all pissy when people told him to stop driving deathtraps on public roads. He didn't like that if he's too poor to have a safe car, he shouldn't drive. (He has to buy a new $2000 claptrap every year or 2, because much longer than that and they will actually just disintegrate in the driveway.)

Why do people think that's okay? Both me and that guy live in a no-inspection state, and while it's nice being able to have my weekend car catless I don't like that I have to share roads with tards who can't afford a car that's in one intact piece. Isn't that exactly what buses are for?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Because people that can't scrape together a few K's for a decent car also can't afford to live somewhere where you don't need a car.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

That's just the thing, that's what I thought at first, but I realized he spends more on cars than I do. He apparently has the money to have 4 or 5 different claptraps at any given time, because only 1 or 2 will work at any given time, so that's about $8-10k. He could easily buy a Toyota like my $8k one, and keep it for as long as he wants, I don't know why he doesn't just do that.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

NTA
        I kind of get it. I am close to 30k miles/year on my beater just for work and I am getting bored driving it. I still have a new truck that I drive from time to time but my beater will be dead in 2 years... I dont have them straight up falling apart like you are saying though.
        I think I want my next one to be a bmw but a $5k bimmer kind of seems like trouble I dont need.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

That's not the problem. I drive cheap cars too. The car before my current Toyota was a 2007 Honda that had no AC, shitty diy mods from PO, and a wicked battery drain. That said, I always made sure it was actually safe to drive. It's one thing to drive an old, ratty car, it's another when it's genuinely going to fall apart

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>it's another when it's genuinely going to fall apart
            maybe he has a deathwish and genuinely wants to watch the world burn...
            nah I am with you on making sure it doesnt cause a wreck and killing an innocent, mine are always safe enough I will probably only kill myself.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Does he happen to post about never financing?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>Isn't that exactly what buses are for?
      No, buses in the US are used as a punishment for not owning a car.

/thread

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Update. Saw a comment by redditard.
    In the past 9 years since he started driving, he has bought 13 cars for ~2000 each, all of which have disintegrated on the road after about a year.

He has spent $26,000 on cars in 9 years. How do these people survive?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

maybe you should go back

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Hes moronic, but you're even more moronic. You dont own the road. Its his god given inalienable right to persue happiness with whatever shitbox he feels like. Get fricked if you hate freedom

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>sovereign citizen logic
        Dont breed

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

The poor man pays twice. In the redditor's case, he pays 13 times.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I bought my winter beater for 2600€ 16 years ago and it still works perfectly.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I do this, but my cars cost $1k and a couple hundred in parts and I drive them for 3 years on average before the frame completely fails from rust. It's happened twice when driving, you hear a big clunk and it's starts to pull to the side so you just pull over. The worst thing that happened was a wheel fell off and rolled into a cornfield so I just went and got it and hitched a ride home. That one I actually fixed and drove for another year before the subframe fell off.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

cheap boots, expensive boots

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

He Gould buy a welder and stop being a bigger

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Thats nothing, move up north

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Cleanest car in New England

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I live in Texas and what is this.

Stop living in a shithole that salts the roads.

What is even wrong with people that they think living in a state that gets regular snow is remotely an acceptable premise?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>What is even wrong with people that they think living in a state that gets regular snow is remotely an acceptable premise?
      you can rip mad skids and sick drifts in front of cops and they don't give a shit
      just need the govt to throw their hands up and stop salting roads, or use non-corrosive options

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

does anyone actually know somebody who got in a wreck because their shitbox died because i don't

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Countries that allow this aren't first world, simple as. Killing a family because the 1 mm of healthy steel in your frame finally snaps and you slide into oncoming traffic is not your personal freedumbs.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Get fricked pussy homosexual, you'll never be a woman so you'll never have kids or a family anyway so why do you care?
      God gave me the right to haul ass and eat ass.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

god made you a Black person so I wouldn't trust him

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Less dangerous than having a diverse population to steal cars and drive them badly crashing all the time due to bad driving as opposed to rust. If we want to be 1st world, we cant import the 3rd world

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>acts like a Black person
        >gets called out
        >b-b-but muh Black folk
        You being a slightly lighter shade of mutt doesn't mean anything.

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

you sound like a homosexual

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Picrel isn't structural so frick off. IRL very few accidents are due to corrosion induced failures, so few I can't even find stats. See if you can.

Corrosion isn't even listed in the top 25:

https://www.gjel.com/car-accident-lawyers/top-causes-car-accidents

https://seriousaccidents.com/legal-advice/top-causes-of-car-accidents/

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

why do you think break lines fail you fricking mongoloid

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

You mean brake lines. Ops picture is not of brake lines.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

i know someone who had a brake line rust through on the road
          luckily the car was going slow at the time
          still managed to drive it home safe

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I know a lot of people who've had brake lines fail on the road, mechanic kinda what I do. Tbh I've never heard of a wreck being caused by it surprisingly enough as I'd expect them to be prone to failure during emergency stops. Personally Ive never had it one fail besides a couple times pulling a customer vehicle in. I would consider rusty line a danger regardless, but ops picture is not of brake lines. It is not a frame. It's basically cosmetic.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I know a lot of people who've had brake lines fail on the road, mechanic kinda what I do. Tbh I've never heard of a wreck being caused by it surprisingly enough as I'd expect them to be prone to failure during emergency stops. Personally Ive never had it one fail besides a couple times pulling a customer vehicle in. I would consider rusty line a danger regardless, but ops picture is not of brake lines. It is not a frame. It's basically cosmetic.

I had one go out on my truck while I was driving. As mentioned emergency stops put more pressure on the lines and are more likely to cause a break. I was on the insterstate and came around a corner that didnt have visibility due to the sides and there was stopped traffic. Hit the brakes and the pedal went to the floor. Luckily I had enough left to stop and there was a shoulder there because I stopped further forward than the car in my lane. Sections of that highway had no shoulder as I was in the HOV lane (centered between the two main directions). Must have lost just the front or back, took it right to a shop.

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

That isn't a frame. It's basically cosmetic. Clutch your pearls elsewhere

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *