Give it to me straight. How fricked is the German car market?

Give it to me straight. How fricked is the German car market? Is there even a single German car I can look forward to or should I start looking for Chinese cars?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

BMW M2 and Zupra is pretty damn good objectively. G80 M3/M4 has the same performance as a last gen 911 Turbo and the S58 is a absolute gem. It's even great in manual, super fun to drive

Golf R Mk8 is a great car that's like $5000 too expensive, but thankfully the dealers are willing to negotiate

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>monthly heated seats subscription

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

M2 weighs more than an RS5. It’s cheap and all steel. It’s ‘small’ without the benefits of being small and it’s heavy without the benefits of being heavy. Objectively worse than the M3 and RS3.

Zupra is under appreciated I’ll grant you.

German cars are shit right now and it’s the governments fault.

Get a 00s one and wait out the next 6 years and see where they are.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

How come it's the govt's fault?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>force manufacturers to comply with ever increasing insane and expensive pollution standards
          >all while constantly waving the ICE ban hammer over their heads
          Sounds like a stable environment for investment and R&D, what could go wrong

If govt actually cared to decrease the pollution, they would force manufacturers to build the cars that last longer and be easily serviceable.
          Instead they make expensive complicated garbage that is more feasible to scrap entirely than repairing when you get handed that 5 digit repair bill.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ah yeah, I forgot about all their insane climate bullshit.
            It's hilarious to me how they virtue signal over closing a couple plants, while China, India, Pakistan, etc, open like 3 dozen on a regular basis. Fricking waste of time, addicted to a useless 'service economy' with no teeth.

>If govt actually cared to decrease the pollution, they would force manufacturers to build the cars that last longer and be easily serviceable.
            Yep, good point.
            You know what's super eco friendly? I know! A shit ton of extremely sensitive sensors that cost a couple hundred dollars each to replace, tons of useless electronic novelties otherwise, etc. What a fricking waste.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Have you driven a G80 M3? I have and disagree with everything you said other than it's fast. The manual in it sucks and it's not fun to drive at all, it's an absolute pig with fake sounds and terrible steering feel. It was so bad I didn't even bother driving an M2 because I know it's going to have the same problems. The only good German cars on the market right now are 911s and the MSRP/resale says it all, nowhere else to go so they are stupid expensive.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ja ja, wir haben very fast carz like 2.0 liter AMG or premium 3 zilinder Audi

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Audi Q6 is something to look forward to

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

bmw is killing it with their b58 and s58 engine line up.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

With the exception of a couple of murican cars that are still giving the middle finger, everything is neutered now.

t.yuro

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

its pretty bad, every car on maccas, every car built on suv platform, every single engine is 95% recycled plastic, every transmission automatic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

We're talking about German cars, not the Chinese ones

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It is allright right now.

Germans focus on the chink market right now, so they neglect the mutt market for awhile.

If you can't afford a basic car, go for a chink car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

When are chinks making Cayman clones?

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>look forward to
    All the good cars were already made. It's now illegal to sell good cars. good luck kiddo.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No matter how much shit I'll give krauts, I'll never sit my ass in a chinkmobile. It probably has microphones to rip data off you passively in passing phone calls.

Germans have horrible messes of over complicating systems that don't need complexity.

Chinese don't even have quality control in their vocabulary.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>implying every major car maker doesn't already sell bugged cars
      the only winning move is to not buy new cars

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

agree, but what old cars should you buy?

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

German cars are trash. Chinese cars are worse

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What is the European car brand for the man who hates Germany, hates the United Kingdom, hates Russia, hates Italian design and is a pro-Israel and pro-Ukraine man?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

A bicycle

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

peugeot makes bicycles
        https://cycles.peugeot.com/

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That's actually pretty funny, thanks

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Citroen.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Reasons why Citroen would be the European car brand I'm looking for?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Toyota or Hyundai I guess

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the 2 series is still good, basically the only downside is it's made in Mexico now
    >RWD based
    >coupe
    >thousands cheaper than the equivalent 3 series
    >no giant grille
    >both 4cyl and 6cyl engines are great

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/NIWCinj.jpeg

>2er
      based
      BMW's most powerful Mexicans are assembling mine as we speak

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The Mexicans are the only reason the new 2 series coupe exists in it's rear drive form. BMW originally wanted to make the new two door 2 series on the FWD Mini platform but BMWs Mexican factory management said they could develop a rear drive version on a smaller budget on the surplus capacity of the 3 series production line in Mexico. The original front drive concept also featured the pig sniffer nose like the new 4 series but Mexican engineering staff and test audiences thought it was ugly so went with the current design. Mexicans for some reason are the opposite of the Chinese regarding this. These are the two that headed design and r&d.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

in terms of car preferences, the Mexican middle class has more in common with Americans than with Germans or Chinese
        not that surprising considering we share a continent and many of the same driving situations

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

still ugly

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>no Audi R8
    >no Mercedes S-Class Coupe
    >no BMW 6-Series
    >no E-Class Coupe

The Germans have been gradually killing the cars they make that I actually like. At this point the only German cars I'd buy if I had the money are the M8 and the 911.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

even the biggest bmw lover will choose the 911 when it comes to paying over 150k

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What i wonder is how long the G-Wagon has left.
      45 frickin years on the market and you could even cook grilled cheese on the radiator.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

New G Wagon is electric, they're calling it the E Wagon

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

And it literally plays v8 noises through the speakers

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not even figurativey? Damn

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

8 series sells hilariously bad compared to the rest of BMW's line up, but that also means you can get an M8 at a serious discount

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>no Audi R8
      Has reached the end of its lifespan and is no longer needed because it served its purpose as a halo car. Why take away sales from the upcoming Huracan successor?
      >no Mercedes S-Class Coupe
      >no BMW 6-Series
      >no E-Class Coupe
      The problem with any big coupe/cabrio is that the people who can actually afford them (pensioners) are less interested in them and more interested in SUVs. And young people who can afford them are more likely to go for something sportier like the new SL, 911 etc.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The way that the german car market stands right now is a good bit of overpriced garbage. VW has killed off their good sedans and wagons, Audi is moving to some electric trash and SUVs, Porsche is still pretty alright but they are slowly making the SUV transfer too, BMWs are becoming less and less user serviceable, and mercedes is kinda cheap garbage

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I just want a fun coupe man, why did this happening to the drivers car market?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm so sad that the passat and the regular golf are gone. The arteon is cool but not what I'm looking for. I think the american car market is to blame because of the fear aspect of not being safe without an SUV. BMW still has some offerings that I think are pretty solid in the coupe space. The 2 series for example. I work in a european specialty shop and the one thing i can say is do not buy a mini cooper. They are all kind of a nightmare to work on. Like yeah, it is a coupe, but they're just so expensive to maintain that eventually it would just be more worth it to get something else.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What is it with German car makers all suddenly deciding that SUVs are the car to go? Shouldn't European cars generally be smaller because European cities are old and not made for big cars?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

why would they cater to europoors when they can sell to rich suburban karens in the US

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Bros? Should I?
    https://www.avidautosports.net/details/used-2004-bmw-m3/97924802

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *