Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My car has a blown head gasket 🙁

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've been to plenty of autocrosses, but it's been 15 years. They're boring, I have more fun driving to the grocery store.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I was in that phase when I was way younger. Then I came to the realization that I was surrounded by fudds, chuds, and poseurs using their riced out shitboxes to cope with not being a pro driver. I started showed up less frequently until I quit entirely. From what I've heard the scene got dominated by EVs so they basically had to make them their own separate category.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>removes autism
      >become normal
      >never been normal before so cant cope
      suffer more

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>im so socially jaded i cant do things where there are people
      sorry to hear that

EVs haven't really changed the game. the SCCA added another class just for EVs to compete against EVs and encourage the mods they would want for double duty street/autox cars. their power delivery is good obviously, but they're also punished for being heavier than other cars but not being allowed to run a larger/stickier tire to offset that.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Running EVs on a track is really expensive, too (for now?) mostly due to how they chew through tires and brakepads. From what I've witnessed you can also lose a lot of track time because the cars go into limp mode for all kinds of reasons

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I cannot imagine a more cucked mentality than "If I'm not the very best I won't even try". I have no strong love for autocross either but kart racing or minimoto/lower CC moto is relatively affordable for the working man and provides incredible thrill, competition, and massively improves your riding/driving.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

just went yesterday, your post is fake and gay.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I used to, but then I got tired of the fact that on top of paying $40 I also had to help set up and take down cones because the 70 year old vette gays running the event were too lazy to get out of their camping chairs. I came to drive not fix knocked over cones.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just did. not going to dox myself though

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I was battling this guy yesterday. 17 year old Karting champ. We're running the same laptime in similar potential cars

I'll be back to autox next week

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lol, need at that to compete with some random kids in their $500 shitboxes?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That car is almost certainly running in at least one racing series on bigger tracks and the driver is using autocross as training.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>using autocross as training
          not with your 5 minutes of seat time lmao

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

no!!! autocross sucks dick!

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I've been doing motorcycle trackdays and club racing is it even worth it to try AutoX? Like I've got very little 4 wheel experience on track and it seems fun, but is it anywhere near as fun as a real track?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No. You're gonna feel like shit for ragging on the car cold, or the engine will be heat soaked from excessive idling while you wait for your group. You have to spend half the day picking up cones and praying you don't get killed by a moron. You can't get the tires up to temp. It would be like doing a 2 lap sprint on cold tires on a small track on the bike, just with the straights turned into moronic chicanes.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yea that's the other thing, it'd be my DD and I like having a racebike, because I can just rag on it to death and not give a frick.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>ragging on the car cold
        skill issue or moronic thermostat. either way you should have a temp gauge, don't be like this moron

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

So you know EXACTLY how long to idle your car to warm it up enough that the oil is at the proper viscosity and the cylinders/pistons etc are warmed up to operating temp (and size)? I can't ballpark that.

>using autocross as training
          not with your 5 minutes of seat time lmao

That build makes zero sense as an autoX only car. Therefore, the driver is either training, or perhaps testing a modification.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>So you know EXACTLY how long to idle your car to warm it up
            not that anon but YES.
            it's called a oil temp gage ya moron.
            Redline said wait to 160F temps to hammer on the car.
            I can get up to 170F+ easy just idling for 5 min.
            >muh heat soak
            just have the hood open dummy,

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes. I have a turbo car that I wait until the sump oil temps are at least 180F before beating on it. and if I don't rush, put on my helmet, set up my cameras and data logger, and idle it at grid with the AC on it is fine by the time I get to the staging lane. the heats at my events are usually around 40 drivers so I get even more heat in it if I wait towards the end. and if I'm running first heat my car would already be well up to temp just from driving to the event, since my car is dual duty.

• 2 weeks ago
        Greased Geese

>the engine will be heat soaked from excessive idling

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Auto x is gay, routinely dominate them when I’m stuck doing them at track days

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Grocery store parking lot racing
    Nyet

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes, go to autocross. All you need is a car with working seatbelts and a helmet. Don't listen to the naysayers, conegayging may not be particularly glamorous but it's a foot in the door for almost zero up front cost. And later once you have some confidence, you already have a helmet so you may as well sign up for one of those track days. And who knows maybe it will seem like a cool idea to get something a little more dedicated and tow a go kart around behind your daily driver. Ten years down the line there's a wings and things racecar in your garage.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>driving around cones in 2nd gear on a completely flat surface
    No I don't think I shall

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I do Autocross a lot.
    it's a good way to transition to road racing.
    or to practice driving techniques at a much cheaper level.

when I don't have the $1,500 for a single track day, I just do some autocross.
    I feel like people don't understand Autocross, they get caught up with the cone shagging exe.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My local track was literally cheaper than autocross ($80/day). Even the various other tracks were cheaper than autocross once you take into account driving time (2 hours for $200 at a track beats the hell out of $50 for 15 minutes).

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Mfw track days for me are $500 for roughly ONE hour

Yeah, I think I'll pad out the rest of the year with autocross.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Using seat time is a moronic metric.
        I simply don't have $1,500+ to blow on each track day on the regular.
        consumables are expensive.
        $45 and I can do 12+ autocross runs and have some fun with my bros. Test corner weights and suspension settings.
        then benefit from a faster track lap time when my funds allow for a track day

You say that like it's a problem.
        [...]
        And they are all likely better drivers than you.

>And they are all likely better drivers than you.
        they don't beat my 92 so no.
        again, weird mid 30s white dudes talking about tire pressure all day and how hard driving a cart is.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>seat time is a moronic metric
          okay, good cope lol

also, an autocross setup and handling compared to a real track setup and handling are two very different things and hardly transferable

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nta I agree that the setups are different, but the autox setup will always be more fun and loose since you need the extra low speed oversteer to get rotation in tight sections. a track setup needs more high speed stability, but you can drive an autox car fast on track, it's harder to drive a track car fast in an autox. they are different sports and you can go balls deep in the rabbithole and spend all your disposable income on both. autox is more about being able to learn and adapt quickly and drive fast and knowing the limits of your car on an instinctual level, whereas track driving is more about practice and mastery of specific tracks.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Once you get good more laps of the same track isn't as helpful as different challenges for your brain
            Autox is a new challenge every time

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nope kek
            confirmed bench racer.
            I've had discussions with a chassis engineer about this and tested my own car.
            suspension settings that work well at the Autocross, works well at a track.
            But
            what tires and brake pads I run change from Track to AutoX, but suspension and alignment settings stay the same.

Also, no legit track has a $200 day with 2+ hours of lapping.
            99% of tracks are 3 sessions 20min each.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

NTA anon but I can assure you a car setup optimised for driving around cones in 2nd gear will look very different to a car set up optimised for high speed cornering.
            I'm sure you heard by now about how some autocrossers have success removing the front sway bar or minimising it?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

any good AutoX set-up will also perform well at the track.
            I know because I've done the tests.
            I've talked to engineers.
            or old 24hr of Le Mans drivers.

also you know that a shit ton of people do autocross and road racing with the same car right?
            I race with a bunch of GT3 RS and GT4 RS that compete at the National level autox events.
            they change tires and brake pads for track use, but otherwise race the same car.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lmao looks like the substance of my post just went straight over your head, don't think I'll bother with a second one
            >I've talked to the engineers!
            I'm sure if you asked him whether you'd set up a car differently for tight low speed cornering and high speed cornering he would've told you yes.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

low quality bait.
            anyways, I'm off to test my new corner balancing this weekend.
            then go to the SCCA national tour.
            then do another track day.

have fun playing video games I guess?

Autox near me costs 90-120usd and you get 5 fricking laps then you have to stand in the sun for 2 hours and fix cones
            I would sooner burn the money

find better clubs.
            $120 is not normal.

https://i.imgur.com/ui2y5ze.jpeg

3 20s is fricking sad

I usually get 7 20s

>$700 entry.
            that turns my, $1,500 track day into $3,500 because that would burn through an entire set of tires and pads

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no legit track has a $200 day with 2+ hours of lapping.
            >what is thunderhill

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

3 20s is fricking sad

I usually get 7 20s

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wow the road America ones cost $650
            Brutal
            I'll stick to my small time tracks instead

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I highly doubt it costs you $1500 for a track day. How much is track entry? Do you roast a brand new set of semis in one day? Are your brake pads made of unobtainium and only last a dozen laps?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I don't know what "92" means, an E92? If we put you all in spec cars, do you really think you could outrace them when they're the ones who have way more practice picking lines, outbraking, steering with weight transfer, etc?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not to mention kartgays have actually wheel to wheel experience, not racing against a stop watch.
            He's an autistic camaro driver who thought he was some elite engineer for making aero with plywood. Just ignore him lmao.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>MUH NASCAR WING HELPS DRIVING AT 20MPH
      Maybe you should put your roof back on

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Track days are like $250 at real racetracks like Sonoma. And smaller tracks are cheaper. You usually also get way more seat time at a track day

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'd rather waste my money on karting than conegayging.
    Go drive a Briggs or Rotax and tell me you still want to conegay.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>no suspension
      >no diff

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You say that like it's a problem.

Cart gays are even worse weirdos though.
        it's all weird anti social white dudes talking about how much spring rate their tires have.

And they are all likely better drivers than you.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I don't care how fast they are, if it doesn't have suspension I can load up and a diff that I don't have to fight to turn in - I'm not going to enjoy driving it.
          Karts are gay, it's 2024 just put some fricking suspension on them and one of those gay little chain drive greased diffs, we have the technology.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Go karts turn by jacking up the inside rear wheel so they're essentially tripoding around corners. You don't have to fight the solid axle to turn. Bike engine racecars are awesome though, among the fastest things you can race as an amateur.

I'd rather waste my money on karting than conegayging.
            Go drive a Briggs or Rotax and tell me you still want to conegay.

The up front cost to get into karting is significantly more than conegayging and track days. It is good there is a way for people to dip their toes into motorsport without really needing anything beyond a helmet and their daily driver that they already have.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah I don't want to have to overload my front outside wheel and lift the rear inside wheel like some gay FF cuckbox just to get some turn in thankyou homosexual
            Just put a fricking diff in it

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't care how fast they are, if it doesn't have suspension I can load up and a diff that I don't have to fight to turn in - I'm not going to enjoy driving it.
            Karts are gay, it's 2024 just put some fricking suspension on them and one of those gay little chain drive greased diffs, we have the technology.

You are moronic and slow. The sidewalls and frame flex are more than adequate. Are you r6 chomo? I remember him saying pretty much exactly this same moronation a couple years ago. In addition to cornering flat as frick, they teach you to rotate the machine with minimal steering input and brake/gas weight transfer. Get good at this and you start railing around corners and launching out of them with that subtle amount of slip angle that just feels sublime. If you need a diff to get through the corners, that's on you sucking at driving.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lmao how many times do I have to tell you I don't care how fast they go, I don't enjoy cornering "flat as frick" - I enjoy balancing a car on on its suspension. I can easily "get through corners" with a welded diff, it just feels gay as frick.
            Diff and suspension are the bare minimum non negotiables.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are you or are you not R6 chomo, the mutt manlet who's afraid to leave the safety of Lawrenceville GA and bought two fricking Miatas?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sounds like someone might be living in your head rent free buddy

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cart gays are even worse weirdos though.
      it's all weird anti social white dudes talking about how much spring rate their tires have.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No autocross here :<

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is it worth it to drive hours away for autocross? I can’t find any in the Bay Area except crows landing.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Lol no just go to Thunderhill wtf. I'd say go to Laguna Seca but don't want to be responsible for you crashing.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Laguna Seca but don't want to be responsible for you crashing.
        c'mon Laguna Seca is not that hard, it's only brake heavy

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oops I was thinking Sonoma Raceway. Don't want him to hit a wall, now

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Look into SpeedSF, they do autox where you can run all day, most seat time I’ve seen at autox. They also host track days which I would recommend over autox

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Autox near me costs 90-120usd and you get 5 fricking laps then you have to stand in the sun for 2 hours and fix cones
    I would sooner burn the money

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this isn't worth it. I've done full day autox driving schools where I got like 100 runs for less than that. the ones I've been to that were that pricey had dedicated staff so at least you didn't have to work and you got more runs. scca style events in my area are more in the $35-45 range, but the classing is stricter and the drivers are much more competitive.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Lillitts9

I do, I go canyon racing

• 2 weeks ago
      Daddy p

So silly, dressing your car up like a doll with stickers and a roll cage. Cars are not supposed to do that they're a to b appliances

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I do, I go canyon racing

are these posts chatgpt?

• 2 weeks ago
          Daddy p

non-replies count as two (you)'s

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

And spend 6 hours picking up cones so you can get 10 minutes of seat time? No thanks.

20. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

The biggest turn off from me is finding out from scca people that autoxers are the paypigs in that org. Which makes sense, they have a frickton of attendees getting 6 runs each for $60 and the events are almost free to put on compared to track rentals etc

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

that's the whole point dude. if you want to be on the board of directors and deal with all that shit I don't care if you get some kickbacks from my $30 entry. it's still cheap and I get to pick up some cones and drive.

21. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>pay to volunteer
    lmao, i seriously hope you morons don't do this
    an iracing subscription and logitech wheel from facebook is the best you can get if you just want cheap racing

22. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

That's not autoX

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *