GR Corolla

Does this board like the GR Corolla? Just bought a premium 24', too many fricking gadgets. It is pretty fun to drive though.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>checks the catalogue
    I don't believe it does

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>3 cylinder
    No thanks but glad you're enjoying that Lil guy.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

You'd think it'd be a fragile piece of shit but by all accounts it's shaping up to be a mini 2JZ.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Going let the factory warranty run out, then throw about 10k for exhaust, intake, valve springs, cam, and a tune at it. Going to shoot for between 350-400 whp.

For a grocery getter with 4drs it should be great.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Going let the factory warranty run out, then throw about 10k for exhaust, intake, valve springs, cam, and a tune at it. Going to shoot for between 350-400 whp.

For a grocery getter with 4drs it should be great.

Lol
        Lmao even

?si=oq81J7E7vjZDBUfO

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>Brakes Cook and Lock Up
          Not Track Ready

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For what it is I would be happy if it had at least ONE more cylinder.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only Jeets drive these in the UK

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>inb4 stancelet weeblet poster

these don't sell in the UK

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Came from an S550, left that one stock, will probably leave this one stock too. Going to daily it, and I need 4drs now.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that's amazing anon
      they drive a model that isn't available anywhere in Europe, I guess they're richer and more successful than you

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What is this obsession with jeets? Every car is apparently only driven by jeets according to DA
      >t. jeet

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The only actual jeet cars are Toyota Camrys and Teslas

And even the Camrys are owned by everyone in the country

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Then why do we get accusations of apparently driving mustangs, lambos, supras, silverados, and altimas?
          I won't be insulted by your answer, but do people just say a car they don't like is driven by jeets because they hate the car and they also hate us, but not because it's actually true?

Also you are right, toyota, lexus, and tesla. Base model 3 series BMW on occasion.

My family has had a lot of brands and car styles kek
          >mazda mx6
          >toyota camry
          >honda odyssey, pilot
          >hyundai elantra
          >dodge grand caravan
          >subaru outback
          >chevy cobalt, camaro

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Injuns (dots not feathers) love mustangs.
            Arabs love Lamborghinis and Supras.
            Mexicans love silverados.
            Basketball hip hop future doctorlawyers love altimas.
            When someone says "brown" they don't mean Injun

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then why do we get accusations of apparently driving mustangs, lambos, supras, silverados, and altimas?
            I won't be insulted by your answer, but do people just say a car they don't like is driven by jeets because they hate the car and they also hate us, but not because it's actually true?

Also you are right, toyota, lexus, and tesla. Base model 3 series BMW on occasion.

My family has had a lot of brands and car styles kek
            >mazda mx6
            >toyota camry
            >honda odyssey, pilot
            >hyundai elantra
            >dodge grand caravan
            >subaru outback
            >chevy cobalt, camaro

never seen /o accuse jeets of driving mustangs.
            Jeet cars are base model of whatever brand isn't premium Toyota corolla Honda civic. unless the jeet makes money then he buys a tesla or a base model (read 3 series) BMW.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cool and all, but I'd rather the GR Yaris

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

kek what a delusional weeblet ricelet stancelet slowgaylet boyracelet

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GR86 is the coolest

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

no

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Would have bought this car but I can't get over the shitbox looks and bought a Prius instead. Everything about this car says boi-racer to me and I hate it.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But that's why it's cool. It has a ton of presence on the street and everything on it means it's not a normal corolla. If you want something grown up then buy a Golf R, Integra Type S, or a BMW.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>A ton of presence.
        Manlet presence maybe. The Golf R is a better looking car period. Nothing you can bolt on to a GR will make up for it. I'm not any sucker to buy any euro trash like VW but I appreciate what they're offering when the Japs continue to shit the bed with nearly everything released in the last several years.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The golf r looks like a sneaker

It literally has a side profile of a tennis shoe

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>A ton of presence.
            Manlet presence maybe. The Golf R is a better looking car period. Nothing you can bolt on to a GR will make up for it. I'm not any sucker to buy any euro trash like VW but I appreciate what they're offering when the Japs continue to shit the bed with nearly everything released in the last several years.

Hatchbacklets are so delusional. All your cars look GAY as FRICK

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous
    • 1 week ago
      Anonymous

the new Prius? how is it? i think they look really cool

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

interior is econobox shit
    Civic Type-R or Golf R are way better total packages.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah well those cost $5-10000 more

I actually really like the golf too. I just don't think it's worth nearly $50,000. And honestly the simpler interior of the Corolla is better because you don't have to deal with those stupid haptic touch buttons that you can press on the steering wheel just by brushing your fingers over it by accident. Or the HVAC controls being buried underneath a bunch of screens. I like the radar cruise control on the Corollas a lot more to it's very useful

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

fully loaded Golf GTI is cheaper

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

And much slower.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

As GRC owner (not my pic):
      >FL5 for best "sports" car, great interior
      >Golf R for daily livability, cargo space, but you need tolerance for touch buttons
      >GRC for godly grip on any surface and weather, you are mostly paying for the bespoke engine and drivetrain

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. I dare say I'd even take a shitter Hyundai N car especially for shitbox daily duties

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

The civic type R can look really good if the owner rices it up nicely.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

ricelet stancelet slowgaylet boyracelet

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I want to buy one but can't decide between this or the Miata

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

E30 325i.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

BMW 335i

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

"Based," to use the parlance of our times.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/IJLO88o.jpeg

"Based," to use the parlance of our times.

Haven't these been "discovered" and beat to shit by now?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No because everyone thinks they're unreliable.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How does someone even cross shop these two

Anyway, this is 4 door so way more practical, looks wider and sportier, fits way bigger tires, has way more torque, much faster stock and also tunable vs NA engine, and finally so much more special than a Miata

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>this is 4 door
        >looks sportier
        >V8 money for 3 whole cylinders
        Holy shit lmao

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nobody was comparing a V8 but yeah this 3 cylinder Toyota is more special than whatever jamal-built-cleetusmobile you had in mind

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Yaris is cooler

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If it weren't for kids stealing them/breaking in the windows, I'd get an Elantra N over a GR Corolla.
    But unfortunately too many (literal)bastards out there who sees the Hyundai logo and thinks "Oooh! A car I can steal!'

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>24'
    Where did you find a stretch Corolla? Is this some sort of Japanese limousine thing?

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>too many fricking gadgets
    god yes. I know it's not exclusively a GR Corolla thing as much as a new-car thing but it beeps at you so fricking much. beeeeep there's a car coming. beeeeep you can't do that. beeeep beep beep you're getting close to the curb. I know fricker

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The only guys I've seen driving these gr corollas around have been mexicans.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

gr
    >npc gray
    at least you know what you bought

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

The one in OP is a Morizo Edition, so it's actually a matte gray (Smoke). The regular silver hero color (Heavy Metal) although monochrome does show off the car's exotic lines really well.

19. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

They are cool but the biggest issue is the fact that the interior is literally just the base model toyota corolla with extra GR stitching that costs Toyota about $50 to do. the car should be 30 flat but good luck finding a dealer that even wants to charge MSRP.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I don't mind that interior because when I've driven them I can feel how much effort went into how good they are to drive. The shifter in particular is incredible, some serious autism went into its feel. If I wind up getting one I'd tear all of the seats out and replace the fronts with buckets and the rears with nothing. The door cards are total trash tho. Would swap them for the XSE ones

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Did people complain about Lancer EVO interiors throughout generations?
      No, and this is much better so who cares.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Ironically the Evo people that I know that bought GR Corollas said it feels like a Lexus compared to their old cars. Evos didn't have cruise control (this has radar cruise control) and if you had a RS manual locks and windows. Way less rattles and nicer materials too. Evo 8-9 chairs also had barely any hip/leg bolstering. The GRC is a way nicer place to sit in which makes it more enjoyable to drive when youre doing boring stuff like sitting in traffic.

20. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Why would I like it? I could throw a turbo on a $3k manual AWD Suzuki SX4 and achieve the same thing. These may be a good option for Europe but they make zero sense in North America.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

a SX4 with a turbo would blow the frick up and then you're left trying to source a gearbox/tcase for a rare suzuki

theres a reason road race motorsports in socal went back to building 20 year old evos after being one of the few shops building sx4s when they were new

Nobody was comparing a V8 but yeah this 3 cylinder Toyota is more special than whatever jamal-built-cleetusmobile you had in mind

a $40k new v8 car kinda sucks anyways DApol/ wouldnt know a good driving car if it bit them in the ass. s650 specifically feels worse than the machs/gt350s unless you pay $70k + 15% tip to your ford salesman for a dark horse

literally cross shopping a $50,000 fwd honda (integra/civic type r) with a ss 1le/5.0 mach 1/f80 m3 because they get compared with porsche gt3/gt4 cars in driving experience

corolla is nice but i want a bucket list car that i can get into 20 years from now and still get blown away at how good it feels, honda does a good job with that imo still

21. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

i love mine

22. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I’m getting a new Corolla Hybrid LE next week, any advice for someone who’s only ever owned Chevy vehicles?

23. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Cross shopped these with a WRX TR. Got the WRX and I couldn't be happier.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I’m considering a TR as well, but if the GRC wasn’t so marked up and hard to find, it’d be tempting.
      It seems like Toyota is doing things right now with the GR brand that Subaru was doing in the 90s, there’s a lot of passion behind it. But I just have a hard time getting past the GRC only having 3 cylinders as vain as that may seem.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

anon you are replying to:

I dont like fwd based awd systems that are computer controlled. ive had nothing but unpredictable driving experiences with them.
        i dont want a highly stressed small motor
        i dont like the boy racer looks
        i dont want the corolla interior
        i want a car that strikes a more laid back balance between comfort and performance, im not tearing up back roads anymore and dont need it.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>i dont want a highly stressed small motor
          >i dont like the boy racer looks
          >wants a WRX
          lmao IT autism.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

kek, "based," to use the parlance of our times

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

more like been there and done that on all those points. i didnt give a shit about any of those items until they became problems I had to tollerate

24. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I like mine

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Looks mean from that angle. Gotta love those wide fenders.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Looks gay from every angle. Gotta hate those rice fenders.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *