>Gutless 4 Cyl Hybrid meme motor. >Insane pricing for no reason. >Made in Mexico. >No cab or bed space

>Gutless 4 Cyl Hybrid meme motor
>Insane pricing for no reason
>Made in Mexico
>No cab or bed space
Has the Tacoma become an idiot trap?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota is gambling that it will success on it's reputation for durability. Of course, those were 6's, not 4s.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Seems to be Honda and Toyota's entire playbook for the last 15 years, just coasting on reputation and refusing to make anything actually good.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Toyota sells more performance car models than any American brand.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Toyota sells more BMWs and Subarus than any American brand.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

they still make better shit than koreans and the UAW

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Aren't channels with review access already finding durability issues with minimal stress tests?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

One video I watched the transmission was overheating constantly lol

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Its literally impossible NOT to have issues when you cram turbos, DI, and all that emissions shit into a car. Automakers love this because they can finally killshot DIYers and funnel more money to the dealerships

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I don't believe automakers do this out of their own desires. They are trying to comply with regulations imposed by various world governments.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yes let's go back to 4,500lb steel-bodied NA V8s that get 18mpg on the highway. Oh wait, actually 24, because only 4 of those cylinders ever actually work.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Yes let's go back to 4,500lb steel-bodied NA V8s
            Yeah I think everyone agrees with this statement except accountants at auto companies

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If by "everyone" you mean "lazy Mexican mechanics that don't want to learn anything new."

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So you prefer things that are more complicated and expensive for no reason?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no reason
            Better MPG? More horsepower? Less weight?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Spending thousands of dollars on repairs and higher upfront costs to save pennies on fuel is the definition of moronation

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How often is your car breaking down and what are you doing to it?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Driving my Toyota Nutruck to the grocery store

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Shill channels like TFL that suck Toyoda's peenor had their ADD snap if memory serves me correct, another anon said it too where someone on youtoob was towing something up a hill/mountain side, all within towing restrictions and the troony was getting dangerously hot lmao. I don't remember if this was the regular 4cyl or the i-Force. Still funny to see, pay between $45k-65k minimum and can't even compete with its prior generation of NA V6 lel

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Midsize trucks are the most worthless and stupid vehicles of all time. Are you really surprised that the buyers of said vehicles are too?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>own midsize truck
      "Useless turbo idiot mobile"
      >own full size trucks
      "Small dick truckold that probably doesn’t even use the bed, why do you need a full size anyway"
      >import kei truck
      "lol little gutless Japanese homosexual truck just get a real truck"

There is no pleasing you people

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i have a 3/4 ton you idiot. Learn to recognize yuropoors/redditors

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Ah, the Useless turbo idiot mobile owner

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tacomas have always been shitty meme trucks. Almost every moronic taco enthusiast I've known ended up selling their midsize truck for a full size one after they tow or haul anything. They're great if all you wanna do is drive narrow trails, but start to show how bad they are when you need to do actual truck stuff.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>actual truck stuff
      You need a semi and a CDL license for that, my guy.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My dad has a 20-year old Tacoma that he daily drives and tows his boat to the coast several times a year. It tows fine for 2000 lbs or so. Every lawnbean around here uses either a taco or 90s f150 to tow their landscape trailer. These trucks had a good use case decades ago, but now that they're going the way of the turdo 4 and cost nearly as much as a lightly used base model 3/4-ton, it is pure moronation to buy a new Tacoma.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yeah the moron tax has long since made them a moron's choice.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes. My boss is an idiot and he wants one.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm so glad I bought a 2023 Taco.
    Today's resale price for a used one is the exact same price I paid for new. So my truck has lost 0 value in one year.

This little 4 cylinder sealed the deal. 2023 will forever be the last of the great era, and will always be desirable.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

There's still the reliable Nissan Frontier.

Just ignore the infotainment tho.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I got a 2023 as well and am now kicking myself for not going 4WD TRD. I have no need for 4WD but was thinking if I move I could trade up for the TRD. But now used models are my only option

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why? Just sell it and you get ±90% of your money back

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

and buy what you double Black person? this whole thread is about how the 2024 is shit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The 2023 AWD you just said you wanted in your prior post, you quadruple Black person.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

?si=e56a1V-g3RQnieEx

Kek

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are these still affluent high school/college bro cars? 20 years ago thr most popular kids would randomly show up to school in brand new Toyota pickups. The popular girls all got 4Runners.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

almost nobody actually needs to own a pickup truck, yet they are the most popular cars on the american road, so yes, it is by default an idiot trap.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm in the category that needs it somewhat for hauling around construction materials for my work but my god have hipster homosexuals jacked up the price of them
      I hate masculine marketing

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i cant believe how much it costs holy shit its suppose to be a simple cheap truck for the average joe lol

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hate small turbo engines as much as the next guy buy a gutless 4banger is still an upgrade over a really gutless Camry engine. At least you can pussyfoot it and get respectable mileage instead of the 15mpg you get from a 3.5 Taco.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Didn't Chink Chong Adventurers just do an in-depth review on the 3.5 liter V6 twin turbo that the Tundra came with and basically vouched for it? Had an interview with a lead Toyota engineer who designed it and a 20+ year Lexus mechanic. The 2.4 liter 4 cylinder cuckbos fall in line with the same design ethos. The jist of it is
    >both engines make higher torque and power at lower RPM
    >engine will run less RPM thus see less wear
    >both engines are much more thermal efficient (key thing here) than the engines they replaced
    Tbqh that video did a good job to argue that Toyota isn't Black personing it with these latest engines.......but despite that, UR or GR baby, frick these cuckbo engines.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just because engine takes less RPM's. it doesnt mean that its more reliable engine. You forget the excessive air flow and pressures, heat that the turbo puts into engine, also more strict oil quality requirements, more air hoses, oil hoses and need for more advanced cooling system. Naturally aspirated engine is still more reliable even if it takes bit more RPM' than forced induction engine. Thanks but I care more about reliability than maximum power per liter or maximum thermal efficiency.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a fricking Hillux

14. 2 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Toyota hasn’t been good since the mid 80s

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Was gonna buy the new 4Runner but found out they’re 4cyturbo. Bought a 2nd gen sequoia for 13k instead. Toyota fricked up with these new engines.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The 4 cylinder has great low end torque and is mated to a better transmission. The issue is not performance, but a question of whether the engine will last over time. Given the tiny beds and weak payloads, midsize trucks are generally overweight and overpowered. They should cost less than 30k, and have less horsepower, and weigh between 3-3.5k lbs.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Has the Tacoma become an idiot trap?
    Yup. They are no longer reliable anymore.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *