Guys how to stop sweating in my NC miata? The AC works fine but my ass and back are not breathing due to leather seats.

Guys how to stop sweating in my NC miata?

The AC works fine but my ass and back are not breathing due to leather seats. Are those aftermarket ventilated covers any good, anyone use them?

I contacted a company that does car seat repair and asked them for the price of changing the ass and back sections with either fabric or perforated leather and install some fans under and they said it will be around $2k which is too much for me.

Thinking of getting a set of oem cloth seats in good condition and install fans in them, with some duct or hose coming from the footwell vents to cool my ass.

Any suggestions?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Eat less and do cardio?
    Come to terms with sweating being a normal bodily function?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don’t actually sweat that much in other situations, I’m not fat.

just get cheap fabric covers for the summer

I may try this at first since it’s the cheapest option, I’ll just have to find some that fit nicely.

sauce on these ventilated covers? might not be a bad idea

I just googled “ventilated seat covers” and grabbed a random image. Aparently it’s from this listing from amazon.im (no idea why google showed me this, I’m in europe): https://www.amazon.in/Riggear-Ventilated-Breathable-Leatherette-Supports/dp/B0B35Y43G7

Look for NCs in local junkyards and yank the cloth seats out of one. Could probably get out of there for less than $300 for the pair, it's just 4 bolts each so they're not hard to remove either.

That would be ideal to be honest. I had cloth seats in my previous car and I never got sweaty even with a shitty AC compressor that barely worked. I’ll keep an eye out for NCs for parts in my country, but they seem really rare. I may pay for shipping from another country in europe if I find a good deal.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just get cheap fabric covers for the summer

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sauce on these ventilated covers? might not be a bad idea

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

those ventilated covers only look good because air is depicted as being forcefully ejected from the surface, and there is a picture of the Alps right next to it.
      don't let the chinese advertising work on you.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Look for NCs in local junkyards and yank the cloth seats out of one. Could probably get out of there for less than $300 for the pair, it's just 4 bolts each so they're not hard to remove either.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>be in air conditioned car
    >m-my back is sweaty
    >i have constant swamp ass
    how much do you weigh? you sound like a total fatass. wash your clothes more often too. chances are it’s just sweat residue that’s bothering you. or the seat is filthy as frick.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Don't buy leather lol

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>be me
        >want vehicle
        >"I would like 1 vehicle with cloth seats please!"
        >Manufacturer says no

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I never complained about swamp ass or any bad smells, that sounds like something that happens when you don't wash your ass. I shower and use a bidet after taking a crap. We are not the same.
        My clothes/sweat also don't smell. I'm just annoyed by having a wet back/ass.
        [...]
        My mind is tellin me no but my body...
        [...]
        I didn't buy the car new and was limited by my budget at the time and the offers available to me in my country. Seat material was not at the top of my list of priorities, was mainly looking for service history, low milage, no rust, and so on.

the only real solution is to keep the interior as cool as possible. sure, you can get fancy tint and use windshield covers but metal is metal. your car is going to absorb a shitload of heat every single time you park up in direct sunlight. i was desperate trying to avoid heat in my old car too. black leather interior. i gave it 5% Llumar irx tint all around except for the windshield, and religiously used the front cover every time i parked. it helped a bunch, but it wasn’t enough to somehow make the car feel like you’re sitting inside a fridge.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have a dark tint in the back, can't put anything on other windows/windshield due to local laws. The windows do seem to have a slight tint from the factory, and I heard they do block UV. I use a windshield cover when parked but yeah, as you said, the metal gets really hot there's no getting around that. Maybe that delays the high temperatures for a few minutes but it eventually gets just as hot. At least with it the sun is not directly hitting the dash/interior.

I'm also looking into retrofitting some sort of remote start system so I can start it remotely to cool 5-10 minutes before driving. I just have to figure out if that is good for the car or puts some unnecessary strain on the engine / compressor, as I'm guessing it's better the compressor does work when the car is actually being driven.

lean forward

Already on it. My upper back is kind of fine, I have a bad posture from all those years computer gaming. Should've spent that time learning programming instead.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I never complained about swamp ass or any bad smells, that sounds like something that happens when you don't wash your ass. I shower and use a bidet after taking a crap. We are not the same.
      My clothes/sweat also don't smell. I'm just annoyed by having a wet back/ass.

https://i.imgur.com/Op4bbKH.png

Take the wood pill

My mind is tellin me no but my body...

https://i.imgur.com/YZlHfky.png

>be me
      >want vehicle
      >"I would like 1 vehicle with cloth seats please!"
      >Manufacturer says no

I didn't buy the car new and was limited by my budget at the time and the offers available to me in my country. Seat material was not at the top of my list of priorities, was mainly looking for service history, low milage, no rust, and so on.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>My mind is tellin me no but my body...
        try the beads, anon. im greek, which as im sure you know is pretty fricking hot, and like 99.9% of cab drivers are on beads. im guessing they ain't doing it for traditional purposes.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I would try it but I have horrendous bacne. The beads would murder every nerve in my body and make me squeal like a pig if those things accidentally popped one of my zits. I’ll pass.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I may give it a go, thanks. Need to figure out where to buy them and if they will frick up the leather or not.
          Greece is cool, I may visit this summer, I'll blend right in with my beads!

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Need to figure out where to buy them
            amazon has them for sure, but you may wanna ask a local cabbie where they get theirs, lol.

>and if they will frick up the leather or not
            pretty sure they wont. im like 100% sure the cabbies are putting them straight on the leather
            but if you wanna be extra sure, just add a cloth seat cover underneath them.

>I may visit this summer
            stay the frick away from athens, its a massive concrete jungle and everyone does their very best to leave in the summer.
            worth mentioning, greece is pretty fricking great for driving. outside of athens, i mean. twisty mountain roads everywhere

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. Not sure I'll reach Athens, and if I do it will probably be for like a day or two, in passing. I'm trying to stretch out my budget and spend as much time away driving / chilling, find some beaches and affordable accommodation, not looking for fancy places or popular towns.

I visited twice before, the country is really beautiful and the people are nice and friendly. But as is tradition in the balkans, corruption seems rampant, which sucks.

Drive it in the winter

I do. No LSD tho 🙁

Redpill me on beads. What do they do?

They seem to facilitate airflow, thus, evaporation and cooling.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Redpill me on beads. What do they do?

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Take the wood pill

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

lean forward

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cloth chads can't stop winning. Gentlemen use cotton, insane gays use leather.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

leather isnt sweaty

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wear clothes while driving

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Are those aftermarket ventilated covers any good,
    They are excellent as long as they don't crush down. The only ones that have been crush resistant AND continued to ventilate are the wooden bead type seat cushions. The beads are small and many, so they maintain the cushioning effect of the seat too.

Wooden beads are also smooth and do not add wear to delicate fabrics. That's a concern when women's skirted dresses can be $400 or more each and have delicate finishes or thread patterns that must not abrade on any fabric seat cushion surface.

Under the front seats are A/C air outlets, so I put a small wooden block to make the cold air bounce upwards on the bottom of the seat. The natural movement and compress/decompress of the seat from road bumps, turning the wheel, or movement of my body is enough to get some cool air to move through the cushioning of the seat.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>wooden bead type seat cushions
      You mean like the ones in the pic? Or is there a type of wooden bead cushion with active ventilation like in

https://i.imgur.com/3sB10RW.jpeg

Guys how to stop sweating in my NC miata?

The AC works fine but my ass and back are not breathing due to leather seats. Are those aftermarket ventilated covers any good, anyone use them?

I contacted a company that does car seat repair and asked them for the price of changing the ass and back sections with either fabric or perforated leather and install some fans under and they said it will be around $2k which is too much for me.

Thinking of getting a set of oem cloth seats in good condition and install fans in them, with some duct or hose coming from the footwell vents to cool my ass.

Any suggestions?

Can you maybe share a pic or a link of the covers you're talking about? Thanks.

i have one and it works astonishing well for what it is. but its fricking loud lol. they put 2 120mm pc fans on the bottom and let it spin at 12v pushing air inside. can't expect the result of a proper seat cooling but it makes a big difference in the summer, especially on leather. i picked one up for like 20€ when Aldi had some on sale.
      never tried the wood peal stuff but i want to. but j couldn't find any lol. 20 years ago everyone had that but now you cant even find some online anymore. Can always spraypaint them black or seat color if you tgink it looks moronic.

> they put 2 120mm pc fans on the bottom and let it spin at 12v pushing air inside
      About what I'd expect for the price lol. If I grab one, I'll look into taking a hose from the AC under the dash and add it to its intake.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i have one and it works astonishing well for what it is. but its fricking loud lol. they put 2 120mm pc fans on the bottom and let it spin at 12v pushing air inside. can't expect the result of a proper seat cooling but it makes a big difference in the summer, especially on leather. i picked one up for like 20€ when Aldi had some on sale.
    never tried the wood peal stuff but i want to. but j couldn't find any lol. 20 years ago everyone had that but now you cant even find some online anymore. Can always spraypaint them black or seat color if you tgink it looks moronic.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>he hasn’t been treepilled
    ngmi

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

omfg treeeeeees

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

not worth the fricked up paint

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nothing personel

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>he doesn’t take a lick of bird feces so he can build up an immunity against e. coli, salmonella, listeriosis, campylobacter, psittacosis, histoplasmosis, cryptococcosis, candidiasis, meningitis, new castle disease, toxoplasmosis, and trichomoniasis
        NGMI. never. EVER.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's true, it's almost impossible to not come out with a sweaty back in a miata in the summer. I'm almost underweight and this happens. It's just part of the experience.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

do an entire seat delete bro. keep the shape and structure of the seats but rip out everything else. let your skin breathe.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Think of the weight savings! Add lightness!!

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Safety first.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No side airbags.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Drive it in the winter

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Leather seats
    >Covers
    Woman.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Sugar

Move out of Florida, you can't afford to live there anyway.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *