Has anyone here imported something from Japan that's not a mini-truck? I know:. car, US :(. car, Japan :)

Has anyone here imported something from Japan that's not a mini-truck?

I know:
car, US 🙁
car, Japan 🙂

On a serious note, pros are the Japanese are very orderly and cleanly so you can assume they'd naturally take care of their cars. I'm not sure how accurate this is but anything is better than arguing with iknowwhatigot types selling garbage.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why would you pay 10 grand to import a shitbox that was sold in the US for its entire lifespan?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Completely pointless if the same car was sold here. Only real exception to that will be if said car came with an engine variant that only sold in Nipland.

I apologize. I just took a pic of the first 1999 one that showed on the site. I think picrel wasn't available in the US. Correct me if i'm wrong.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Jimnys are common in the UK, though we got what was called the Jimny Sierra in Japan, which has a 1.3. Both engines are gutless, though i would take a 1.3 model over a 660cc one.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Good to know. Thanks.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because there's hardly any left in the US in an unhumped condition.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Completely pointless if the same car was sold here. Only real exception to that will be if said car came with an engine variant that only sold in Nipland.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>not being able to import the best car of the decade
    Br/o/s... It hurts

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its pointless unless its a car you really like your paying 10k for something that's only worth 6k and has the steering wheel on the wrong side

ask yourself this if the car was for sale in the US for the same price+shipping costs would you buy it?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is a decent point. I'd delete the thread but I think it's been up too long.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>and has the steering wheel on the wrong side
      The novelty of this alone may be worth $4k idk

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my brother in law is studying in rural Japan right now and keeps posting pics of pristine land Cruiser 60s all day everyday.

I'm really tempted to import one...

is there any reason not to ?
    rhd can't be that bad, right ?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You have sight line issues with rhd.
      Especially on blind right turns.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

valid point, but it'll live the rest of its life in the backwoods of Finland, so it doesn't look like that's much of an issue in my case

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

At least that has thin a pillars and tons of glass

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Russians put an extra mirror in the interior for these.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only import if you can resell it for profit
    inb4 nose long

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

found the joo

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Regular guy who imported a few cars. Probably the most practical advice you'll get.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>pros are the Japanese are very orderly and cleanly
    they like their cigarettes.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

anything domestic that i could afford would be soaked in cigarette smoke anyway

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

me too

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

has anyone actually imported from this site? how much do you ACTUALLY end up paying? like for example, the site would claim an alto is 4k or whatever (actual car is like 2k or something), would you actually pay 4k at the end of the day once the car is at your home or would you end up paying more like 8-10k.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Someone else spent a lot of time and effort importing a land cruiser. I have since destroyed it and now it rots in my back yard. Frick japan and frick weebs.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'll fricking do it again

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/wcRLsBm.jpeg

I'll fricking do it again

You found it and destroyed it when the owner wasn't looking?

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i destroy things i paid for to own imaginary people in my mind

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *