>have 2024 Camry. >about to hit 5k miles. >need service, also could use a full detail. >have Toyotacare

>have 2024 Camry
>about to hit 5k miles
>need service, also could use a full detail
>have Toyotacare
>work 6 days a week so could use a courtesy car
>call dealer service centers to see if they have courtesy cars
>most nearby don't but have a rental service you have to pay for out of pocket
>the ones that do are all instructed by Toyota to only give them for a safety oriented repair
>say frick it and go to closest one on day off
>tell them what I want
>the dealer doesn't even have a detailing department
>say they can do the service in an hour and a half
>chill in waiting area
>service done hour and a half later
>didn't even change oil
>apparently Toyotacare only covers 10k mile oil changes
>a 5k one would cost a benjamin

bro frick this, I'm getting another Mazda after this lease is over...the service there was so much better when I had mine and, in many ways, the cars are as well

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>buy car
    >be moronic with car
    >dealership doesn't bail you out
    >"I'm buying a different brand"

• 2 months ago
      Anouymons

how was I being moronic with it?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Going to the stealership for one was your first mistake

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>lease
        >early oil changes
        why?
        literally not your problem.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you bought a brand new car with all this service care bullshit and you didn't even ask them what was included in any of it? this will be a good learning experience i hope.

• 2 months ago
      Anouymons

it def is

>5k miles
      >incapable of doing his own oil change and rotating tires
      >wastes his time and money on all that other stuff instead
      lol lmao even

why would I spend money on doing my own service when the dealer is included? also hoa doesn't allow driveway maintenance and garage is full

>5k mile oil change
      Why so soon?

that's a very normal interval for an oil change

Apparently he leased it
      Why the frick you would give a shit about changing oil below service intervals on a fricking leased car is beyond me

I was considering buying out at the end of the lease...not anymore

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>garage is full
        make it un full
        >that's a very normal interval for an oil change
        100% correct. Don't listen to shills telling you to do 5 digit oil change intervals.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>HOA
        Make sure you don’t paint your door the wrong color.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy a real car ('03 Deville, '07 Grand Marquis LS, etc.), pay cash, and change your own fricking oil. And wash your penis. Be a man.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>5k miles
    >incapable of doing his own oil change and rotating tires
    >wastes his time and money on all that other stuff instead
    lol lmao even

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>5k mile oil change
    Why so soon?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's a Toyota Camry. The b***h is probably bone dry, by now.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>he bought a camry

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Apparently he leased it
      Why the frick you would give a shit about changing oil below service intervals on a fricking leased car is beyond me

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I had to drive a Camry as a rental once. Never again. What a horrible vehicle. Might be bearable with the V6 but god damn what a miserable car to drive.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it excels at getting you from A to B and that's really it. the 3rd gen camrys are peak camry though. very comfy, bulletproof grocery getters that had a ride comfort closer to that of a luxury car compared to its contemporary rivals.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You're a dumb homosexual OP

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>a fool and his money part ways

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You disgust me and I'm a fricking carlet. Use your brain and learn to read before buying into automotive services, dumbass.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy a caddy if you want your ass kissed at the dealership.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

MODERN TOYOTA OIL CHANGE INTERVALS ARE 10K
    literally read the fing manual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>MODERN TOYOTA OIL CHANGE INTERVALS ARE 10K
      Who the frick drives almost 1700 miles a month? That's almost what I drive in a year; all my oil changes are driven by the 6 month time period.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

fellow 2024 camry gay. they fricked up the first time and rang it up as a 10k. second one (actually 10k) they didnt even fricking change the oil but they rang it up as the 15k. now my maintenence records are fricked up because i actually want the fricking oil changed properly

it says in the fricking manual
      >EXCESSIVE CITY DRIVING OR IDLING (SUCH AS FOOD DELIVERY OR TAXI): 5000 MILES

>MODERN TOYOTA OIL CHANGE INTERVALS ARE 10K
      Who the frick drives almost 1700 miles a month? That's almost what I drive in a year; all my oil changes are driven by the 6 month time period.

i bought my 24 camry in october and i have almost 12k miles already.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Car companies have been doing this 10k mile oil change bullshit for a while now and they wonder why the engines are scrap at 80k miles. I believe BMW started it.

Hey, at least it's a lease so who cares, any negative effects will only happen after you're out of it anyway.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Change your oil, you basic b***h. It's things like this why for the less fortunate, all the used cars are in shit condition; because nobody bothered with the basic maintenance because of their dumbass leases. The lessors certainly don't bother either.

An oil change is like the easiest thing to do save for maybe replacing air intake filters. A 5 quart jug of Castrol Edge 5w-30 full synthetic is about $40 depending on where you live (if you're a tightwad you can do something like GTX or another brand altogether), and the filter might put you over $50. Get one from the dealer, the parts are better and you're guaranteed a free crush washer for the oil pan plug in the box. Plus the dealer filters are pre-greased on the gaskets, but out of responsible habit I still wick a copious amount of fresh oil on them anyway. Yes, with your finger; whether or not you get nitrile gloves is up to you. I've bought multiple spares at the same time for our 3 Toyotas and sometimes the dealer will give you a parts discount. Find some ramps or use the scissor jack that is part of the roadside service kit in the trunk. Read your manual and figure out where the jack points are on that unibody POS. Get an oil pan, preferably one that's a combo jug/pan so you can bottle it up and cart it off to the local transfer station (or dump it in the ocean IDFC).

Once its all drained, and then buttoned up with the new filter in place, check your Owner's Manual for oil capacity with the filter. Once you find the capacity, pick a number close to that and fill that much out of the jug of oil. Check your dip stick and then fill slowly until the oil level either just comes under or reaches the full mark on the stick. When you run the motor for like, 3-5 minutes or continuously, that level will drop by like 1/4 or 1/3 but will drain back when shut off.

I know this post might be bait but I also have been told by my friends that I make the mistake of expecting too much from people intelligence-wise.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You don't need an oil change every 5000k miles.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>lease car
    >get camry
    why would you lease a toyota? if i was only gonna have a car for a few years id either get the cheapest chinkshit korean car possible or like a base model bmw. if you arent gonna own it, its not your problem if its unreliable

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is the most moronic shit I have ever read. I know this board is bad but frick me OP. Educate yourself

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why the frick did you lease a new soulless toy7otA? you know their maintenence is just meant to milk you out of cash dude. Change your own oil homosexual.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You're supposed to lease the cars you have no intention of keeping. Why didn't you get a BMW and let some muslim deal with the oil leaks after the lease was up?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *