Have to replace my car because I have only a couple of months to the next inspection and fixing the current car is going to be too expensive so I have...

Have to replace my car because I have only a couple of months to the next inspection and fixing the current car is going to be too expensive so I have been wondering if 2009 Dodge Avenger 2.7l v6 would be a great next car after Alfa Romeo 156 2.0? Seems pretty slow what I have been looking informations online but I guess I can accept that? The seller says the car is in great condition, everything works, no rust, every changed part is in service log and it has been inspected last Christmas. It's driven approximately 198,000 kilometers and costs 2500€.

They are pretty rare here, not the average Volkswagen Passat which we have 13 in a dozen here, in fact our largest used car online marketplace has only 9 avengers currently.

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Battery location seems pretty funny but I saw tutorial video how to install replace radio & install subwoofer and it seemed pretty straightforward for this car. It's actually one of the things I look for in a car because it should be fairly easy to do.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm also looking for Volvo V70, S60, and S80 but their prices seem to have risen in the last couple of years and for less than 4000€ it seems impossible to find one with ~200hp and less than 300,000km in odometer.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the Avenger is just a Mitsubishi Galant so it should be fine

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is the 2.7 v6 same engine as in Chrysler Sebring? I have heard people loathe Chrysler Sebring because of its 2.7l engine, they say it's not reliable, leaks oil and breaks easily if you're not precise on oil changes and that there is always adequate amount of oil?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's not quite that, the issue with the 2.7 is the water pump can leak into the oil pan and cause sludge but that was mostly an issue with the very early ones and by the time of the avenger that was corrected. oil consumption caused by a stuck open pcv valve can cause what you're talking about but that's not really a defect, just normal wear.
        imo the late model avenger is best with the 3.6

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh okay,

>imo the late model avenger is best with the 3.6

Too bad I can't find any, there's only 9 Dodge Avengers in our local largest online marketplace for used cars and most have only 2.0 or 2.4 engine.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Dodge Avenger
    >Europoorland
    What in God's name
    >I have only a couple of months to the next inspection and fixing the current car is going to be too expensive
    What's wrong with it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>What's wrong with it.

Mostly rust, as you can stick your finger through the floor in a few places and the windscreen cracked in January at -40C, but should also replace some variable valve timing variator(?) that makes the car sound like a Volkswagen 1.9tdi. All in all, all the repairs will cost around ~€2000. The car also has some electrical problems that are probably easy to fix, but which I haven't fixed because I don't plan to take the car in for inspection or keep it, such as the airbag warning light, which I've already reset several times during the car's ownership.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Worst idea ever.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Really? Why?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Those cars are garbage. Americans don’t know how to make anything that isn’t a pickup truck or something with a pickup truck engine in it. Just get an old Golf even if they’re super common.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The only great Chryslers are the ones that are cool enough to be worth the shit design and build quality. The only exceptions are the minivans. Those frickers can survive on spite alone.

The Avenger is just a bad to mediocre FWD shitbox. It isn't particularly durable, reliable, fuel efficient, or fun to drive. Camry, Accord, Maxima, Passat are better in just about every way.

The Japs make a better pickup too.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>fuel efficient

It' not fuel efficient? 9l/100km is pretty good though, especially from a car with 2.7l v6? I don't think my alfa does much better and it has only 2.0l 4cyl engine and my previous Volvo did even more... 13l/100km.

There are 3 Toyota Camry's under 3000€ and they're all pre-2000s econoboxes, Honda Accord's are plentiful but they're all boring econoboxes and Nissan Maxima is grandpa's car even with the 3.0 v6.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I wonder if this link works. It should list all available under 3000€ Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords and Nissan Maximas in our largest used car online marketplace
            https://www.nettiauto.com/en/hakutulokset?haku=P556757128

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The Avenger is just a bad to mediocre FWD shitbox.
            it doesn't look like much but it's actually mechanically related to the 5th gen eclipse and lancer evo x and the chrysler 2.5 world engine is just an n/a 4b11.

it is basically just a japanese car.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it is basically just a japanese car.
            Then how come all jap cars from the era are still running while Avengers have basically disappeared from the roads.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>2009 Dodge Avenger 2.7l v6 would be a great next car
    The engine alone is grounds for running away screaming from that car. Mopar's 2.7L was a notorious shitheap even before factoring in all the other problems Mopars of that vintage commonly had.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do not buy a 2.7, they are known for oil sludge issues.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I remember reading something like that about when researching about Chrysler Sebring but

it's not quite that, the issue with the 2.7 is the water pump can leak into the oil pan and cause sludge but that was mostly an issue with the very early ones and by the time of the avenger that was corrected. oil consumption caused by a stuck open pcv valve can cause what you're talking about but that's not really a defect, just normal wear.
      imo the late model avenger is best with the 3.6

responded that it was problem in older engines not anymore on these newer ones?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

they redesigned the water pump in 2002 to address the issues but it's still a picky engine that prefers careful maintenance.
        you are actually better off with the 2.4 4-cyl as that's a much newer engine with better reliability and euro parts support.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>you are actually better off with the 2.4 4-cyl

Too bad it's a slow car even with the 2.7l v6 and it's even slower with that 2.4l engine.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

stop trying to reinvent the wheel. buy vagshit, bmw, mercedes, volvo if you're europoor

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Audi A6 (C6) with 2.4 or 2.8 v6 was on my list until I googled how to replace radio & install subwoofer and I dropped it from the list because it seems hard car to install anything. Can't even replace the radio without tearing down the entire dashboard. I wonder if that has even aux from factory?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't know
        the only vag car I owned was designed before the berlin wall fell

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>vagshit
      If he's worried about it passing inspection, VAG cars can actually do pretty well at those. Assuming the engine is intact enough that they can even be driven to the inspection center.
      Old Dodges and Alfa Romeos are among the top failing brands in Finnish vehicle inspections. I don't know why anyone would buy shit like that, unless they like replacing fricked bearings and steering mechanisms.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>avenger
    perfectly fine
    >2.7
    perfectly not fine. get the 3.5 or the 2.4 and keep it before 2011, the 2.7 is junk

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>get the 3.5

Wish I could find one. I'm not even sure if there is any 3.5 ever sold in Finland. 2.7l is largest I have seen, most are 2.0.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Europe
        I assume 2.0 mk4 Jettas either have another engine or already ran into the ground, that's about the only popular euro car I can think of that's reliable

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, only 4 mk4 VW Jetta are in sale in Finland's largest used cars marketplace.

https://www.nettiauto.com/volkswagen/jetta?country=73&yearFrom=1999&yearTo=2005

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You only get a Dodge if you want loud RWD V8 boat and are willing to live with all the compromises.
        Why would you get a FWD cuckbox Dodge in Europe?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Why would you get a FWD cuckbox Dodge in Europe?

Well equipped in comparison to most cars on the market, large and fairly powerful engine and it's relatively cheap. Especially since it's less than 200,000km driven.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You only get a Dodge if you want loud RWD V8 boat and are willing to live with all the compromises.
            Why would you get a FWD cuckbox Dodge in Europe?

I forgot to mention that from what I googled and watched videos on YouTube, it's also one of the few cars from the late 2000s that still has an easily replaceable radio and relatively easy to install better speakers and subwoofer.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *