Have you attempted to build your own car from scratch? Something real fast and light with ultimate power and handling.

Have you attempted to build your own car from scratch? Something real fast and light with ultimate power and handling. Something just built for speed and handling, no extras. A vehicle of this size would it be best to use a car or large motorbike engine? Because a full size car transmission seems too big for something this size. What other problems would one encounter building something like this?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of mid mount, front or rear mount engines? For a pure speed machine built for mountain driving going up and down hills and cornering would mid mount be the best choice?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Its all about weight distribution.
      Mid engine is the easiest layout to get 50/50 when its just about building a fast car.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just buy a kit car OP

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's a whole lot of triangles man.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

triangles are a pretty cool guy who doesn't afarid of anything

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Everything is made of triangles

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The whole goal of me soing this is that I get to pretend I'm Henry Ford as I build it

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You will need to learn how vehicle dynamics works, as well as material sciene, let's not forget how to fricking weld the whole thing together. If anything the easiest thing would be to make some sort of Pre-war kinda car, as it's just two beams as a chassis with solid axles

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Henry Ford didn't invent the first automobile; he just streamlined its assembly using an assembly line. He was also such a cheapskate he demanded from parts suppliers what size and shape the wood crates they shipped him parts in so he could break down the crate and use it as a part in the truck. He also priced the truck accordingly to ensure employees could buy it, thus ensuring most of his employees were basically a guaranteed sale.

https://i.imgur.com/fsc6Mua.jpg

just buy a kit car OP

I've been wanting a type65 for a decade now. I wish I didn't have to buy the full $40k kit all at once. If I could just buy it one piece at a time I'd probably get drunk and impulse purchase it and build a car as I had the money.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>He also priced the truck accordingly to ensure employees could buy it, thus ensuring most of his employees were basically a guaranteed sale.

>I've been wanting a type65 for a decade now. I wish I didn't have to buy the full $40k kit all at once. If I could just buy it one piece at a time

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Go on... Explain why you green texted 2 separate thoughts.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

To highlight the unrefined and parallel contradiction floating around in some mens minds.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Henry Ford had a business model and wanted to pay employees a good salary, good enough to buy his brand new luxury product known as the mass-produced automobile.

Me, almost 100 years after Henry's assembly line lamenting I don't have $40,000 for a rolling chasses replica of a hot-rodders car from 60 years ago.

How are these parallel contradictions? Shelby had nothing to do with Henry Ford's model A or T. The Type 65 is based on a car that came over 50 years after Henry's start. Are you making some sort of "everyone should be able to afford anything at any time" argument?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You have what I call Type A slave morality mindset. Deep down you hate Henry Ford for his success yet at the same time your own brittleness requires men like you to have an overarching authoritarian to make the cold, hard and brutal decisions in order to create opportunity and economic activity so you can habe the chance of being a part of it all. It's only normal, but don't hang shit on Ford because he's a better man.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

H U H ?

I'm not hanging any bad shit on Henry, what the frick are you even talking about?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Real schizo hours

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dude, 40,000 for a TOY is a LOT of scratch, on top of having the space to build it. It is not at all the same as being a UAW employee that drives an F150. Where is anyone shitting on Ford? Dude was the good kind of ruthless business man, paid his employees well specifically to poach them from other employers.

• 3 weeks ago
          s10fag

>$40k
          what?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

DA hates you so much, mostly because you're moronic as shown by the post I'm replying to. Go ahead and price out a kit. The "base kit" that "starts at" whatever isn't enough to even get a rolling chassis.

• 3 weeks ago
            s10fag

it's not 40k all at once, and if you're paying another 23k for an 8.8 and wheel hubs, no one here except perhaps that econoline gay can help you

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

sick foxbody chassis

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/GpDimyo.jpg

Have you attempted to build your own car from scratch? Something real fast and light with ultimate power and handling. Something just built for speed and handling, no extras. A vehicle of this size would it be best to use a car or large motorbike engine? Because a full size car transmission seems too big for something this size. What other problems would one encounter building something like this?

are there any with a 2+2 rear engine? i'm dreaming of a kit car fake 930 with an aircooled turbocharged eg33

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Look into a Haynes Roadster or Locost. Full tube spaceframe built around a donor car's drivetrain, anything front-engined, rear-wheel drive can be adapted to fit.
    A Caterham is a more "just put it together" option for a Lotus Seven clone.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is there a US state in which I may build my own car from scratch and then legally register it for public streets?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Probably most if not all of them, but Florida for sure.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

There are several states, but the rules around it are autistically complicated and confusing at best even to attorneys. Your best bet is finding some loophole of using a "donor car" VIN and just calling it highly modified or something stupid.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My longterm plan (20-25 years) is to build a W196-inspired track car. Perhaps a little bigger, perhaps with fiberglass or carbon chassis. Perhaps with a modern lightweight turbo 4 or 6 cylinder, or even with a self-built W196-inspired inline-eight.
    i think the actual engineering or building one can do. these are question of time somebody got. the bigger problems are money for buying everything you need and the actual place for assembly, welding, milling, whatnot, and testing/test drives.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Dude, 40,000 for a TOY is a LOT of scratch, on top of having the space to build it. It is not at all the same as being a UAW employee that drives an F150. Where is anyone shitting on Ford? Dude was the good kind of ruthless business man, paid his employees well specifically to poach them from other employers.

Real schizo hours

H U H ?

I'm not hanging any bad shit on Henry, what the frick are you even talking about?

You are all homosexuals. Jannies delete my thread. This shit is over. What a bunch of fricking losers. I came here to talk about building cars and I have a bunch of poor whiney teenage losers complaining about all kinds of hypothetical bullshit. Bunch of fairies. Get the frick out of here.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>calls people homosexuals
        >is a sensitive homosexual himself

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Why are young people not into this hobby?
        >YOU ARE ALL TOO POOR? GTFO TYPE A SLAVES
        The lead paint generation is genuinely insufferable.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Shutup homosexual

Get out of my thread homosexuals

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah well while your fingering your butthole for the next 25 years real men are out there doing doing real shit. have a nice day

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm making a mid engine locost. Finishing the pedal assembly soon. Just look up homemade cars and just make one. Ez

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Your not doing shit. You are a homosexual. Threads over homosexual.

>calls people homosexuals
      >is a sensitive homosexual himself

I am doing everything in my power right now to track you down and kill you.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Shutup homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

lol rage much

https://i.imgur.com/Co0V8Zk.jpg

What driveline are you going with, anon?

a yaris 1.5 1nzfe. turbo'd with carillo and maxpeeding parts and a stock 5speed. speeduino ecu

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Based, sounds awesome. Definitely post progression pics as it comes along.

is one of them caterham clones something you can buy the frame and axels and have it shipped out to you or do you have to custom weld the whole thing off a diagram

Iirc, you can get the pre-welded frames shipped over, but they're expensive. Most, if not all Locosts you see in the US are home welded. Plenty of great diagrams and info out there on building the frame. It's really not hard if you can weld and are careful about building jigs and measuring. I got mine off a guy already mostly built, but I had to pull it back apart to fix some shitty parts of the frame. Just gotta be wary if you're buying someone else's build.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What driveline are you going with, anon?

• 3 weeks ago
        Greased Geese

is one of them caterham clones something you can buy the frame and axels and have it shipped out to you or do you have to custom weld the whole thing off a diagram

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

pretty amazing what caterhams cost in the US. For being build for the last 40 years, the simplicity of them, you'd think a kit would cost under $20k, just add engine sorta thing. How those track toys cost so much blows my mind.

• 3 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

>over 20k for no engine/transmission

• 3 weeks ago
            s10fag

Wait until you see the price for a tri5 frame on summit

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *