Have you ever tried the cup of water method from inital D to improve your driving? Is it legit or just a meme?

Have you ever tried the cup of water method from inital D to improve your driving? Is it legit or just a meme?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a meme, nobody really cares about water around the cupholders since they're built for that. The only reason the water cup was even an issue was because the dad would berate him, it was external pressure.
    Up the stakes, tape a shot glass full of piss over your defrost vents

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it's legit

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a meme, start analyzing your driving properly if you want to take a technical approach. Otherwise just practice moron

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it could theoretically help you predict the weight transfer of your vehicle, and maybe shift smoother but you'd need pretty soft suspension to have any success

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>it could theoretically help you predict the weight transfer of your vehicle

Yeah if you have no sense of balance and can't fricking walk around on two legs then yeah maybe.

Everyone else with a functioning vestibular system doesn't need it. They just need to understand the limits of their grip.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a meme. It's supposed to teach smooth driving. The water spills out if you're jerky with the wheel or too hasty with the pedals. Using it to be fast at driving is dumb as hell, though.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Have you ever tried the cup of water method from inital D to improve your driving?
    At one point, yes, but I realized I didn’t have the patience to attempt to improve my driving that way, so I just used drivingfast.net as a reference to improve my driving.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Did you... TAPE your seat belt together??

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes, one edge started to fray.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Are you latinx by chance?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

insane how even 30 year old japanese shitboxes are automatics in america

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>insane how even 30 year old japanese shitboxes are automatics in america

Thats how they were in Japan too ya queer

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>zoomoid faced with the realization that automatics have been around since before he was alive

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Is it legit or just a meme?
    It works, it makes you a smoother driver. It will not make you Initial D though like the manga, the forces involved at racing speed means you'll spill water everywhere anyways. All it did for me is turn my automatic transmission into a CVT. No more shift bumps and I can rev match with only the brake if I really have to.

However, this method absolutely does not work with cars with hard suspensions, because hitting a bump in the road will spill water everywhere even when driving straight.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>is tranime legit?
    moron

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shit doesn’t work in a car that has actual horsepower. Only worked in Gaynitial D-icksucker because the homosexual chinks lawn mower couldn’t even accelerate fast enough to make it spill. My Camaro would vaporize that water into steam in 2 seconds if I floored it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>My Camaro would vaporize that water into steam in 2 seconds if I floored it

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Meme. Get some race training, EVOC, tactical driving, rallycross training, etc. There aee classes where you can learn to drive like a pro and that's the only way you're actually going to learn.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Meme.

In fact to not spill water you would have to drive like a pensioner on xanax .Single sharp braking and water would be everywhere , except for the cup

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>In fact to not spill water you would have to drive like a pensioner on xanax
      Just fill it halfway for higher cornering forces, or get a taller cup.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everyone knows the real challenge is the cup of cum.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I the barista always puts a sippy lid on my coffee so it doesn't spill. Only stupid poorgays have a cup of water in the car without a sippy lid

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>weebs unironically don't understand basic physics

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Bunta was out of line for making Takumi sip Lean while doin touge runs lmaoo

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Good technique to drive elegantly. Passengers will know if you tryhard.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's impossible, a total meme.
    There's no way to turn fast and not spill water. There's no way to be fast and also be smooth. Proper braking would spill water. Proper grip limit turning would spill water. A powerful enough car with >.4G accelerating from turnout speed would spill water.
    You can learn gentle handling with a cup of water I suppose but if you need that I have some disappointing news: You're moronic.

Also the very thought of such a trick imposes one question:
    How in the frick does the water not get affected by significant grades such as up/down mountain routes:
    Answer, it would, anime is not real. Herp derp.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>anime is not real
      Neither is manga.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you are not driving hard, on the verge of losing traction or rolling over at every turn, you're not driving good.
    You don't know your car until you can comfortably handle the thresholds of what it can take before shtf.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If you’re not getting a new set of tires every month, you’re not driving your car hard enough.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/5UW99BD.jpg

If you’re not getting a new set of tires every month, you’re not driving your car hard enough.

You're just a pussy if you're not having to rebuild your engine with every oil change.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Only chads drive without a sheet metal cage.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>pull 1.2g lateral at pace
    >yea the water is gonna be fine

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It’s the same concept as g-balls or measuring g forces via a cellphone or something. Driving smoothly is generally going to be faster. Water in a cup is kind of a meme, but if you filled it up to just the right amount for the course I guess it could give you some feedback.
    >inb4 cone racers and people who overbrake come to argue

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a valid guide, but it's being performed improperly. This is the correct way:
    >fill 16oz cup, 1/4 full.
    >place in level holder
    >accelerate - if no water spills out the back, your car is too slow.
    >go into a turn - if water doesn't slop out of the sides, you're not driving aggressively enough.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I prefer the boob method

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *