>He doesn't own a jerry can

>He doesn't own a jerry can
how does it feel to be a slave?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Okay, but do you own a medkit? You should, because bleeding out on the road sucks ass.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Got one
      Hidden in the wheel well so god help me if I'm unconcious

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don't let Jerry know you have his cans.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I always wondered why it was called that, but turns out Jerry was a nickname given to Germans mostly during the Second World War by soldiers and civilians of the Allied nations

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Also because the design was reverse engineered from captured german supplies, thus the name.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the cans were so advanced at the time that allies literally stole them to transport their own fuel

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

No. In fact, the Americans had their own version that was lighter and improved when compared to the German version. Allies didn't need to steal cans. They simply made more, you know: America. If you mean they stole the design, then you're correct.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the brits did steal them doe

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yes, but that's their national pastime.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a few of them.
    >oldest is from 1975

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

surely there's a better place to store them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>jerrycans stored loosely in the passenger compartment
      the CHAD vehicle borne IED

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Looks like my car in the long drive

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have few chinese ones for bikes and track days

hello diy anon long time no see

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I like the crate you made anon, looks well built.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

thanks, I wanted something cheap that I could load into my foxbody by myself

what's the point? there's a gas station every 3km

big motor + track = big fuel

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

she gets about 220km off a fill.
    a fill cost <$40

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My base focus gets 450mi out of a fill and is 30 burgers. You got the wrong bike to be talking efficiency.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

not saying it's efficient. just that I know when she needs gas.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Im a moron and I let my jerry can collapse from low pressure or something. How to fix

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

put some gas in it and leave it tightly sealed in a warm area for a while so the gas and air inside expands. that works for plastic cans, not sure about metal.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>not owning TWO jerry cans
    shiggy diggy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i say we TRIPLE the jerry cans!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Having some fuel stored is a smart choice so long as it's stored somewhere safe.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

i know. i just wanted to use that meme. it's been a while

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Military cuck LARP cans

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>owns only one
    Pathetic.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>brand new jerry can
    How does it feel to be a poseur?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

but every old can was once a new can

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For me its VP racing cans.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>tired old 7L gas engine
    in a best-case highway scenario with the TC locked up, 5 gallons would get me ~50 miles, and there are gas stations every mile or two here
    out in wyoming or something, i'd take a gas tote i suppose

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>tfw 5 gal gets me 150-200mi in my shitbox
      feels good man

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is it true that Americans have to use really shit spouts? All the ones in Australia are just your standards vented spouts like pic rel

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Is it true that Americans have to use really shit spouts?
      No. In America, we call that the donkey dick, and it's super common. Do you Ausgays really think we'd regulate that?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I see them in The Bearded Mechanics YouTube videos but I didn't know if it was just his state.

That sounds like a fricking pain. Can you still get normal ones? I also notice that your petrol pumps have a weird rubber covers. Is that a California only thing?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>weird rubber covers
          To many morons pump until shut-off, then pump again and gain until gasoline is blasting out around the nozzle. The rubber boot is there to prevent overfilling spills.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>tfw Caligay
            >pump clicks off
            >pull nozzle out
            >it drips a little on the fricking ground
            It's amazing the shit we come up with while polluting like Black folk

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The rubber boot is there to prevent overfilling spills
            How?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The rubber boot is there to prevent overfilling spills.
            no
            the rubber boot is to prevent or minimize fuel vapors

vapors from gasoline greatly contribute to smog, so taking the very easiest measures like a rubber boot around the filler nozzle means US cities don't look like shanghai/dehli

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>weird rubber covers
            To many morons pump until shut-off, then pump again and gain until gasoline is blasting out around the nozzle. The rubber boot is there to prevent overfilling spills.

also, if you read the fricking nozzle it says 'Healy vapor guard'
            which has a detector in the handle that can tell if you have an older car that shoots vapor back out of your tank, or a newer car that has a vapor trap
            apparently, pumps got upgraded with vapor recovery around the same time cars got vapor traps in the filling spouts of tanks and when pumps try to suck in vapor that isn't there it contaminates the entire vapor recovery system in the pump
            so now we have to have smart pumps that can tell if they need to recover vapor or not

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>morons pump until shut-off, then pump again and again until gasoline is blasting out around the nozzle
            True, and this fricks up the onboard vapor trap.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it is sort of true

In 2009, the EPA adopted a California Air Resources Board (CARB) rule that banned the sale of traditional gas cans. To be CARB-compliant, a can must be self-closing, a requirement intended to protect the environment by reducing spills. This banned most types of personal fuel cans and Jerry cans because when in use were “open to the atmosphere” and was obviously destroying the environment on a nuclear scale. The new cans also needed to be “child proof” using a safety latch and plunger system and as such literally take three hands to operate when using a full can which typically winds up in more spilled fuel via unstable filling of fuel tanks than any of the old can designs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I hate the CARB so much it's unreal

• 2 months ago
        Bepis

I’m going to second

I hate the CARB so much it's unreal

Never realize it was California’s fault, but it makes all the sense in the world. I unscrew the cap and use a funnel every time.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the vent used to be separate from the spout, which works better. Now we have vented spouts just like you. We consider them shit.

https://i.imgur.com/lZer6vE.jpg

I see them in The Bearded Mechanics YouTube videos but I didn't know if it was just his state.

That sounds like a fricking pain. Can you still get normal ones? I also notice that your petrol pumps have a weird rubber covers. Is that a California only thing?

Ive never seen this

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, they have EPA mandated non-vented """""spill-proof""""" spouts

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/OSEMrRy.jpg

Is it true that Americans have to use really shit spouts? All the ones in Australia are just your standards vented spouts like pic rel

Meanwhile in Canada we just have normal vented jerrycans

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Those Sceptre cans are perfect and I love them, but I wouldn't be surprised if our homosexual government bans those spouts too. They just banned lead wheel weights a while ago.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

EPA banned good jerry cans in like 2009, if Canada wanted to do the same they would have done so by now. I think it's pretty clear to see that Americans are spilling more gas now than before with the old design

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it has nothing to do with spilling gas, its because of the separate vent

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the seperate vent allows a smooth flow that helps prefent spilling gas

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Im not arguing the pros and cons of a separate vent, Im saying the EPA banned separate vents because *supposedly* too many people were not closing them when done causing gas vapors to *supposedly* leak into the atmosphere causing global warming.

Their rationale has nothing to do with spilling gas, and when you see 'spill-proof' or whatever sticker on a gas can thats just marketing to try and cope with an inferior design

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

These look so moronic. I always see jar jar Binks whenever I see one.
        When I got a metal can I immediately bought a regular nozzle on Amazon and replaced it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Frick 'em. I'll just use my bags.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I prefer steve cans.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>steel
    Sorry dude but a good HDPE container is the better choice. Personal favorite are Scepter cans. Making a custom spout for it... not so much. On the other hand that spout is made of a heavy chunk of steel and plumbing fittings, and I can use any length of tubing. If I can tap the other end I can turn it into an automatic siphon.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Any situation requiring a jerrycan will prob be precluded by needing firepower first.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>stuck in the middle of nowhere with no fuel
      >yeah, better blow my brains out

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I keep a Jerry can in my shed for my lawn mower. How the frick else are you gonna fuel your yard equipment

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

with 155mm artillery

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I threw out my 20l tanks. They are just too damn big to make sense over having 2 10l ones

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My apologies but I've never actually known if it's legal or not because everything seems illegal now, but are you actually allowed to fill up as many of these cans with as much gas as you want at the gas station?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i don't see why it wouldn't be. you'd raise a few eyebrows probably, but as long as you're paying for it who cares.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

its legal in most countries as long as you aren't transporting like 20 cans

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I do it all the time. On rare occasions a station will have signs indicating only some pumps you can use your cans at, but I think it's more to do with service speed than safety or anything. It's totally normal though, how else would you fill cans for mowers or generators?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's illegal to fill a jerrycan in my county. You must buy gas in liter tins at the auto parts house and it is quite expensive. But gas powered yard equipment will become illegal in 2025.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i dont live in america i can just go buy these

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Reminder that the perfect gas can exists, and if you're using anything else you're a dumb person.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Vent
      these are illegal now bro, grandfathered in though

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Nope, you can still buy them, not sure what weird laws you're making up.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>these are illegal now bro
        """racing use only"""

Same with fuel bladders. """Not for use in USA"""

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>he doesn’t own an EV charged by the solar panels that he owns on the house that he owns
    How does it feel to be cucked by big oil?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How exactly do you use the solar panels on your house to recharge your car on the road? Did you miss the point of the thread? I can add 100KM to my range within a couple minutes using my jerry can.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

/n/ bus riders have this strange delusion that they'll be able to charge their heckin eeevees with some cheap solar panels they bought on Amazon. Apparently they haven't done much research in the cost and logistics of such a setup. You'd need an entire football field of solar panels that cost more than your house to reliably charge an EV with them.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>purposely being obtuse
        For most people, 95% of driving is local, and they can simply charge at home.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>most people
          >simply charge at home.
          Most people live in apartments and the parking lots are swarming with thieves and tow trucks.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

70% of Americans live in single family dwellings

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Their failure is not my problem. I own land and and tow trucks. If I offend myself by parking in the wrong spot I tow me.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I used to live in Nevada and drive to family on the weekend in CA. I would stock up on gas in town so I would never have to buy Commie gas.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A slave to what?

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>americans mandate this shit and have the audacity to call euros cucked

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what's the point? there's a gas station every 3km

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

But Anon, what else are 4Runner turd package owners supposed to put on the back to show everybody how real they are?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I can't ride a racebike with no lights, mirrors, plates, or kickstand to the gas station.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i just like getting as much as i can when the price is especially cheap
      feels good when a day or two later the price has jumped up 10-20 cents

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

so you got paid a dollar to lug around a jerry can?
        what if the price had fallen?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

you make it sound like carrying a jerry can is like moving a washing machine. if the price had fallen i just shrug and go about the rest of my day.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>i just like getting as much as i can when the price is especially cheap
        >feels good when a day or two later the price has jumped up 10-20 cents

I have 5500 gallons of red diesel storage 500 gallons of clear diesel storage and 1600 gallons of unleaded storage.

Feels good man.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *