Heel and toe

So my car has this moronic pedal setup. The gas pedal is right next to the transmission tunnel and it's a bit lower than the brake pedal so it's almost impossible to move your foot around to blip the throttle properly. Is my car moronic or am I moronic?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Skill issues.
    As you can see, all pedals are on your side of the transmission tunnel, actually ideal for heel toe

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I get it, you've never sat behind the wheel of a manual car. Understandable for an american, but please frick off regardless

Z3M?

regular e36, they have the same pedals as picrel

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> You are able to drive all types of manual transmission cars, ill assume you have never driven one and insult you because I haven't mastered it.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Z3M?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

skill issue moron

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

With bmws you either have to roll your foot to blip the throttle or get aluminum pedals that add more surface area to the left side of the gas pedal.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the further you are from the doors, the better your survivability in a side impact. So BMW compromises its seating position in order to improve safety. You could try an aftermarket seat & mount to move the seating position a bit.

I find pedal covers like this tacky so I would never do them. Not aware of anything that moves the pedal position, but the seating position in my BMW was annoying (your feet and body are angled so you feel contorted while driving)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>but the seating position in my BMW was annoying (your feet and body are angled so you feel contorted while driving)
        My e60 is like this and it's fricking annoying, and it's also a c**t to heel toe. I can only push the gas pedal in far enough with my heel to get a 500rpm blip. No wonder pedal commanders are so popular, drive by wire is aids.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My pedal setup in my F30 BMW was very similar and it was one of the easiest for
    Me to heel toe. Mostly because the throttle pedal goes all the way to the ground so your heel and reach it. In my Honda fit it was so hard because the throttle pedal was the same shape as the brake and didn’t extend to the ground.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All you need to do is to add a block of wood/plastic to extend the throttle pedal and it would be perfect for heel and toe.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Time to learn left foot braking

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>left foot brakibg
      how do I downshift then moron? grow a third leg for the clutch?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you cannot reach the pedal with your wiener?
        sorry bro, ngmi.....

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, that's pretty tight. I'm guessing you're pretty careful about what shoes you wear. Smallest cars I ever drove were my cousin's Fiat X1/9 and a gen1 Audi TT that I rented - with size 13 shoes, I had a hell of a time. Cutting the pedals and giving them an offset is pretty easy, but you've got nowhere to go. The damned footwell is too small. Maybe clip the right edge off the brake pedal and try to remove some interference.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just bend the shank of your brake pedal in towards the gas pedal so they're closer. Makes it way easier to just roll your foot. Did that on my 944 track car and it works great.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

leave it to bmw to frick something so simple up.
    do you have big man feet or little girly feet? if the former, rather than trying to literally use your heel, pivot on your heel and rotate your ankle to use the ball of your foot to blip the gas while still being able to hold the brake pedal. I wear a size 13 and that's what I have to do for every manual vehicle I drive.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nobody actually does heel and toe, it's a meme.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

'Heel and toe' boy racing in moronic
    you are moronic

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you are moronic, i used to have an e36 and it was fine

now i have a race car and figured out what it actually means to heel-toe (it's not about being smooth and gentle)

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You could try driving a car with a modern transmission

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>invented in 1921
      >"modern"

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Bro your car uses *gears*? And *wheels*? What kind of caveman backwater are you stuck in?

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your pedals are fine. In a situation where you'd actually heel and toe, you'd be pressing your brake pedal far down enough to have it line up with the gas. Sounds like you're trying to heel-toe on the streets while braking lightly.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my brake pedal is far too sensitive for me to able to heel toe

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You are moronic. Brake with big toe, blip with rolling your ankle/pinky toe side.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Car could be moronic. In my S10 I use the heel on the brake and toe on the gas because it fits better. If it works it works

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anyone know where to source a nice floor mount pedal with a strong hinge? I need to upgrade from my home depot gate hinge pedal. Best I've found so far is this aftermarket Datsun pedal.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

for what car?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Track car. I'm bolting it to the floor so it can be anything.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

unless you're on a track, you don't need to heel toe. Just drive the fricking car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But heel toe is part of driving the car? You are kind to your syncros, aren't you anon?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I rev match, but I don't heel toe. even driving 8/10s on the road doesn't require heel toe.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Skill issue
    My pedals look like this and I’ve never had a problem

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You could easily do it with the side of your foot. Just press in brake pedal with left side of your foot and gas pedal with right side. This is how most people actually heel toe, despite it being called "heel toe".

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *