Help please lads. My mom needs a new minivan.

Help please lads. My mom needs a new minivan. She used to drive a 2006 Honda Odyssey (like pic rel), and we basically want a new car that's just like that.
We don't care about gay features like fricking hulu playing through the dashboard or whatever. Just want a simple minivan that does the job and is roomy on the inside.
Also, it would be nice if it was a hybrid I think (to save on gas).
Also, for boomer reasons, the car will only be bought new from an official dealership prolly (so no used/old cars).
Please and thank you.

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Btw, if someone could update the pinned recs for modern cars, that'd be nice.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>if someone could update the pinned recs
      Yeah we'll send the Anonymous Pinned Post Editors to update that and get right on it.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's only like 4 minivans being made. Just pick one and go.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why though? Isn't it the ultimate family car?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The ultimate family car is the station wagon. Trends come and go. We really don't need a huge minivan market. Between the Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, and Kia, the market is pretty competitive. Just don't get the Kia whatever you do.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

need more room than a station wagon. Especially if you've ever moved apartments and stuff.

Currently, I want to go with the new Honda Odyssey, but it's not a hybrid and the fuel economy sucks. Then there's the Chrysler pacifica hybrid, but it costs at least $10k more, and I don't know if american companies can be trusted @.@.

Toyota Sienna seems good too, but not being able to take out the middle row of seats to make room is kind of a deal-breaker...

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who gives a shit about fuel economy when you're already getting fricked on new car depreciation. If you wanted to save money then don't buy new. The fuel savings is nominal.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>new car depreciation.
            not everyone considers a car as an investment.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nobody said it's an investment. But the only reason to consider fuel economy is because you want to save money. If that cost savings is a factor, why even buy new? You're too broke for gas, but not too broke to buy new? Makes no sense.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People care about gas the same way they get tricked into loans based off of monthly payments rather than the total amount.
            It's constantly in your face were as the price you pay for your vehicle is something you'll basically see once if you don't think about it.

For most people it'd take 5-10 years for a hybrid to make up the difference and if the hybrid system requires any significant repairs in it's lifetime, that pretty much wipes out your fuel savings.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

embarrassing NPC behavior

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah there's a lot of dumb shit normies believe about cars. The one that irritates me the most is
            >got rid of the car because the repair was going to be more expensive than the car is worth!
            NO
            You need to compare the cost of the repair to the cost of replacing it (factoring in how long you think the car could last if it had the repair).
            It drives me crazy how prevalent that belief is.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

god i hope i don't become an NPC when i get older

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Because used minivans that weren't beat to shit don't exist, unless they come from a rental agency, but those have their own problems. People who buy minivans typically buy them new and drive them either till they're actual junk or 25 years later when their kids are grown and the van is on the verge of being junk.

My parents were super cheap with cars and they always bought new minivans because of this.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Why buy a new car if the value isn't going to only go up?
            Why buy food if it's just going to become literal shit?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Because NPCs fell for the "owning a practical vehicle means you're not cool" meme and bought into the shitty CUV and SUV (as a minivan replacement) meme.

Your only option is to basically do what my parents did in '08 and buy an actual fleet vehicle model.

Also do the math on a hybrid, because there's a good chance it'll take forever to pay for the difference in intial price and when you factor in the additional complexity of a hybrid system, it probably won't be worth it.

https://i.imgur.com/0JC7oPv.jpeg

The ultimate family car is the station wagon. Trends come and go. We really don't need a huge minivan market. Between the Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, and Kia, the market is pretty competitive. Just don't get the Kia whatever you do.

Sort of, but minivans are certainly better if you have a large enough family or need the additional cargo space.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

v6 challenger

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dad with 4 kids here, we just got a minivan a few months back after driving a bunch of them. there's really only 2 options: a used chrysler voyager/pacifica, or a new toyota sienna.
    we got the new sienna, and couldn't be happier.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

did you consider the odyssey and find it lacking?
      Also, should I have kids? My parents really want em, but I actually have a life and hobbies, and have no idea how I could possibly raise a proper child these days without them becoming frickups. For the record, I'm the only one among my siblings who went to a good school and got a good job. The other siblings are...worse than vermin. If they worked at McDonald's, I'd have respect for them. But they are complete frickups who violently disrespect their parents while suckling on their wallets, all the while not even trying to work a day in their lives. My solution would be to beat them within an inch of their life and leave them on the street, but my parents will just coddle them to death. I don't know man... I don't trust fate enough to have a kid. School and college and a job are within my control. But a kid...they can and will turn out to be a fricking piece of shit, and there's barely anything I can do about it ;-;.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

flip a coin

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah. for the exact same price, the sienna had better trim, better fit and finish, and better overall driving experience.
        >Also, should I have kids?
        absolutely. it's the most satisfying, rewarding and challenging thing i have ever done. feels goodman.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

fwiw, the sienna seems like a no-go for me because of the non-removable middle-row seats. Having all that room really feels good for when you need it (e.g. moving your kids' shit to their college dorm)
          >absolutely
          senpai...;-; <3. Do you have experience raising gen z kids? In my day, we watched johnny bravo and bugs bunny. Nowadays, cartoons don't exist, and all the kids are probably getting brainrot from tiktok and streamers and influencers and who knows what else. But I'm too much of a free spirit to beat my child and tell them to stop consuming gay shit that'll ruin them for life and leave them an empty husk in their adult life. Tell me I'm not crazy, senpai ;-;. Or am I over-reacting? ;-;

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>fwiw, the sienna seems like a no-go for me because of the non-removable middle-row seats.
            Timbren bump stops with a walled cargo carrier will alleviate that worry.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>dad with 4 kids here
      The most based man on this site, assuming they aren't half asian.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

exclude korea based on their history of engine compartment fires and now seat fires.
    honda is ok
    toyota is ok, and efficient because it's all hybrid
    chrysler makes a not-very-efficient, all wheel drive minivan where the seats fold into the floor instead of having to lift out
    I'd get the chrysler because the rentastar is reasonably reliable and the seats are easier to move around, and gas is cheap where I live

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

$60,000 Honda Pilot loaded with everything.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

how about a 2006 Honda Odyssey?
    should be idk a million or so available on a little thing called THE INTERNET

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get a medium large SUV. I suggest Mazda CX-90 fully loaded tier.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Just want a simple minivan that does the job and is roomy on the inside.
    >Also, it would be nice if it was a hybrid I think (to save on gas).
    You named it. Toyota Sienna. Kia is going to introduce the Carnival as a hybrid but the Sienna is going to be the obvious pick regardless.

Good luck finding one, everyone that wants a minivan wants one, as does every corporation that wants a company beater car. Having a full-sized SUV as a Prius is unusually popular.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>and we basically want a new car that's just like that.
    Gee I wonder what frickin new minivan could be closest to a 2006 honda odyssey

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

please go back to whatever board you came from

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would just get the new honda pilot.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *