Here are the two cheapest manual cars you can buy in Australia. Which is the better buy?

Here are the two cheapest manual cars you can buy in Australia.

Which is the better buy?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

gay run Australia, land of the sodomite damned.

• 4 weeks ago
      100% Right

How did they reproduce in a prison colony, just rape the Abbo chicks?

• 4 weeks ago
        BIG BBC

Sweet frick look at the size of that blower pulley.
        >under drive has entered the chat.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Suzuki looks like it has a little more ground clearance to get over roo and drop bear bodies.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'd trust a Suzuki over a Kia any day of the week. Suzukis are what cheap cars should be, no frills but reliable.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'd personally choose the Ignis but there are no bad choices here.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

down, down by the river

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have Ignis. We've been adventuring together on shitty SEA road. Paved, tarmac, mud, stone, sand, grass, mountain, & beach. Cheap, reliable, efficient, no bullshit, & cute. I love my Ignis. Unfortunately, the 2nd row is uncomfortable fo a long trip.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Test drive them homosexual and choose what fits you best. Although I think the picanto comes with a 3-potter and frick that shit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

In Australia, both have a 1.25l four cylinder and 5 speed manual. Kia has 4 speed auto, Suzuki CVT.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Grim.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't know about straya but in the UK the Kia has a turbo option so you can keep up with traffic while the Suzuki does not.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>turboshitter
      nah they are fricking crap. You are better off with the 1.2 4cyl NA

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The Suzuki looks kinda cool in a kei car kind of way, just avoid kias, they are made to be disposable for fairly poor people to be their only chance of buying a new car. The kia kind of already looks like junkyard fodder, to me it look like a shitheap form 2004 that just happened to be made now. I've been is a Suzuki once only, the things you touch like gearshift and indicators felt very solid like they would last a long time, not what I was expecting. With a kia or a hyundai they have lots of tech like screens and flashing leds but its just a smoke screen to trick boomers into thinking "this is pretty nice". Its pretty rare for me to see people driving old hyundais or kias except for the 1998 excel which I still see a few of. I see fair amount of old Suzukis running around.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

probably looking too far into it, anon likely won't keep either past the warranty. 5yrs on the Zook, 7 on the Kia

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Which is the better buy?
      Your question and all responses in this thread are ignoring the only two relevant pieces of information:
      - How are the warranties?
      - How are the Suzuki and Kia service networks in your area?

The only reason to buy a cheap new car is for a good warranty, so you settle on whatever piece of shit car that warranty comes with.
      The cars themselves are unimportant.

The last ignis generation is practically unchanged since it first came out in 2016 and it has proven to be a very reliable little econobox. But the fact that it is unchanged means that it can feel a little archaic. Besides that the ignis can come with AWD. Which is nice i guess.
      The picanto comes with the same engine pretty much for the same amount of time. The 1.2 g4la/f is also a decently reliable little motor but hyundai/kia tends to upgrade the tech a lot in each facelift, moving stuff around and adding various bells and whistles. This makes their electronics reliability questionable(at best) but their cars do feel modern and up-to-date. The picanto also comes with a central armrest which is a must according to the goblin that lives in my brain.

Analysing new cars is a strange game.

Almost any new car (except chinese or russian) shouldn't give any problems whatsoever in the first 2-5 years. Even the biggest pieces of shit, famously unreliable cars will still make it to at least 100-150km without blowing up (except TSI engines doing timing chains every 40k). Frick man, even jatco CVTs last about 150k.

That's on top of the consumer law guarantees that a product should be of reasonable quality and durability and so on. In practice, that means cars are expected to last at least 10 years or 200,000 km without major problems, if used and maintained appropriately.

So I mean, if you're even activating the warranty or thinking about the warranty on a new car, you're already having a bad time. Have you ever made a warranty claim on anything, not just cars? It's always a fricking slow bureaucratic nightmare with the OEM dodging you like neo doing the limbo.

In a nutshell, ignore the distraction that is warranty. Look at the quality, durability, reliability record, ease of maintenance of your product. If it has ANY of the following, bin it:
      >significant number of 1 star reviews
      >"the early models had problems, but X manufacturer has made improvements on current models"
      >turbo anything
      >CVT
      >DCT
      >tiny plastic engine bay
      >"reliable, but only if you keep up the maintenance religiously with XYZ dealer or independent"
      >any sort of list of common problems or forum style mods to prevent them
      >owners citing "passion" or any other emotional bullshit instead of cold hard reliability
      >all the used examples for sale are just lists of recently done major maintenance, preventative maintenance, comes with boxes of spare parts, owners claiming "no leaks" as an achievement
      >anything assembled in a different country to where the manufacturer headquarters are

Overall
      The ugly suzuki is better

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Small euro diesel + DCT/DSG seems like the worst possible combination

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Diesel engines are terribly unreliable, with just how fricking much they shake around I can't imagine them lasting long.
          And both my father and brother Peugeot engine cars have been shitting the bed terribly lately, I don't even know how they're still running.
          They're 20yo cars, btw.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Diesel engines are terribly unreliable
            50 (needs verification) years old and still going
            You're thinking of 160cc high speed diesels that their reputation is made lower by Chinese models.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>needs cheap car
    >only considers new cars
    morons deserve to be poor

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That highly depends on the local market.
      There are used markets that got absolutely fricked during the mild-respiratory-virus pandemic and the return to normalcy never came.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>There are used markets that got absolutely fricked
        I've seen used cars go for msrp just from supply shortages. People who live in countries who produce cars don't know how bad it could be.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Suzuki is good at small cars. Kia is amphibious. Depends on how much floodwaters you plan to ford.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'd complain that the ignis doesn't come in a 3 door but the rear doors can still be used to access cargo from the side.
    Also what the frick is hyundai doing that they aren't making a cheap car or is that kia's job now?

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Which is the better buy?
    Your question and all responses in this thread are ignoring the only two relevant pieces of information:
    - How are the warranties?
    - How are the Suzuki and Kia service networks in your area?

The only reason to buy a cheap new car is for a good warranty, so you settle on whatever piece of shit car that warranty comes with.
    The cars themselves are unimportant.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>The cars themselves are unimportant
      Not really. Why buy a car that shits the bed every couple of months.
      Even if the warranty fixes it with no hassle and gives it back within a couple of days (which is almost unheard of), I’d take the reliable car any day.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The last ignis generation is practically unchanged since it first came out in 2016 and it has proven to be a very reliable little econobox. But the fact that it is unchanged means that it can feel a little archaic. Besides that the ignis can come with AWD. Which is nice i guess.
    The picanto comes with the same engine pretty much for the same amount of time. The 1.2 g4la/f is also a decently reliable little motor but hyundai/kia tends to upgrade the tech a lot in each facelift, moving stuff around and adding various bells and whistles. This makes their electronics reliability questionable(at best) but their cars do feel modern and up-to-date. The picanto also comes with a central armrest which is a must according to the goblin that lives in my brain.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>picanto also comes with a central armrest
      Good point, although Chinese aftermarket one for Suzuki is only Au$50 delivered.
      I bought a Honda Jazz (Fit) and the factory acc. centre armrest was Au$300

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What kind of moronic country calls stick shift 'manual' lololol

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Neither buy something a bit older but better

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Drove a Hyundai for a year, and the manual felt like shit, get the Suzuki

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've got an excel, my tractor is tighter.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *