Hey,. This summer, I've got some extra cash and time, and I'm thinking about getting a project car.

Hey,

This summer, I've got some extra cash and time, and I'm thinking about getting a project car. I'm looking for an RX-8 (yea right).
I've checked out the used vehicle market and auctions in my area, but I can't find one at a reasonable price, and there are not many of them (like literary maybe 2-3).

I know for a fact there are suppose to be plenty of them in Germany, the Netherlands, and maybe even Poland. The thing is, I have no clue where to look for them. Do you know any good websites or marketplaces with lots of offers for used cars in those countries?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I completely dont understand this car. The best feature is obviously 13B rotory engine but then people do a lot of swaps. Basically they are getting rid of the only interesting part of this car leaving them with incredibly ugly body,

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the best feature is this shit ass engine
      why would anyone think that's the best feature. its like saying the best feature of a german car is its high maintenance cost.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

go watch any youtube build video on this car, without fail, the engine takes a shit.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

shit ass? its 1.3 that generates up to 250 horses
        rotory engines are great in terms of performance but they are nightmare to maintain

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

unless you live in a country that regulates engines by displacement, HP/L doesn't really matter. its as good a 250 HP as any other engine that could generate it.

i don't even think rotaries are particularly good for performance. at least at the higher echelons of motorsports they tend to struggle.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>at least at the higher echelons of motorsports they tend to struggle
            And what would those upper echelons be? For drag cars, they dominate in their classes. Time attack, dominate. Classic/open racing series, dominate.
            If you're talking like GT3 etc then they aren't currently manufactured and sold in cars therefore cannot compete.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they dominated, bro. in totally unrealistic high funded race teams only, where engine rebuilt for every event.

as a consumer car, its junk.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Clueless. After Mazdas 24h le mans win the engine was still within the top 80% of its acceptable wear tolerance. That means it could have run for another 4 events and still have been within the acceptable wear limits.
            The rotary was also renounded among racing teams in normal touring car racing of the 70s/80s because of its durability.
            In the Australian ATTC series there were reports of teams being able to run a single engine for an entire season without needing a rebuild.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

which does not match the real world where rx-8s have 90% major engine fail rate.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

different engines. The renesis has design flaws, which limit its lifespan.
            Also, rotaries do better than pistons when driven hard, but worse over long distance, light load.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>For drag cars, they dominate in their classes.
            what class is that?
            >Time attack,
            Not really. think about Pikes Peak time attack, the most serious form of it where manufacturers are involved, and mazda themselves at one point was, too. or even now when people do bring rotaries to pikes peak. they hardly tend to dominate or even win their class. they were probably more dominant when time attack was more niche but now that people started developing more cars and even more competitive builds, they aren't even the fastest around Tsukuba. in fact, a Corvette won this year.
            >Classic/open racing series
            I'm not sure what series you're specifically referring to.
            >If you're talking like GT3
            i'm more talking about things like the IMSA equivalent of GTO, Europe,s FIA GT1/2, or various prototype and open wheel racing series.

Rotaries tend to do best in series where the cars are closer to production. or in karting. for example, Rx7s were successful in the GTU class of IMSA, and in touring car races in Australia (where touring cars are much closer to their production counterparts than race prepped cars like the 935 and Group A).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

When you think about it, and given that rotaries tended to be more successful in motorsports that called for cars to be closer to their production counterparts with little room for modifications, rotaries tended to fare much better.

I bet Mazda's chassis carried rotaries, and not the engine carrying the car. the FC/FD were just good chassis, but the engines when dropped into things like prototypes or open wheel racers didn't tend to have results any better, if not outright worse than comparable reciprocating engines.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

"1.3" that will genade on you is such a great engine.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>generates up to 250 horses
          it's 232hp, and that's to the crank. They make 190whp on their best day.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

few things
          >displacement
          the 13b has a claimed 1.3l displacement, but thats not really how that works. 5.0L in a new mustang means that the pistons traverse 5 liters of space inside the motor. if a 13b played the same rules and had to consider all the space inside the rotor housing which can be occupied or not by a moving rotor, theyd be closer to 3L. the 1.3l only comes from measuring two ~650cc chambers (one per rotor) at a time.
          >weight
          a 13b is about 350 lbs. for reference, thats about as much as a J32 or J35, or any similar V6. those J32s were single cam econo-motors that made more hp/tq than the renesis 13b and lasted 4-5 times as long.
          >power
          150 ftlb of torque can be considered impressive from an rx8. compared to similar weight engines from its day, the renesis was bad. compared to new stuff, its dog ass.
          >sound
          who the frick needs performance when you can cut a triangular hole in your dorito motor and listen to god tier bridgeport idle ASMR all day

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a 13b is about 350 lbs
            a turbo 13b, the renesis weighs 247lbs fully dressed.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a 13b is about 350 lbs
            Not even with the gearbox attached is it 350lb. It's 260lb fully dressed. A longblock is like 180lb or something.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Incorrect.

t. rotard RX7 owner.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/fZ9jMmT.jpeg

Incorrect.

t. rotard RX7 owner.

Furthermore

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/fZ9jMmT.jpeg

Incorrect.

t. rotard RX7 owner.

just get an aluminum engine and shave ~40% of that weight off. (Price is in AUD so it's basically free.)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Weight savings is only about 41lbs with aluminum front, rear, and intermediate plates. Where the hell did you get 40%? A 13B short block weighs 190-200lbs, you'd have to make the rotor housings out of aluminum to save 40% of that. I had to check the conversion rate, $35k AUD is about what I paid for my FD when converted to USD. They weren't $20k for a shell 10 years ago.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

rotors are also aluminum I believe (another 10lbs or so saved).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

racing beat’s $1,300 aluminum housings/plates seem cheap in comparison, but I think they’re long since out of production.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>rotors are also aluminum I believe (another 10lbs or so saved).
            They're stock rotors. I looked up the page anon took a screenshot from when I made my post about the plate weight savings.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

oh, bummer

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Bridgeporting a renesis that was purposely designed without overlap
            >Porting a renesis at all
            Executionable offense

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's funny because bridge porting does nothing for the renesis. there isn't enough material to make the port long enough to get any overlap. You'll go right through a water jacket. As far as porting the renesis goes I've seen stock port engines with a bhr long tube header, ls coils, cai and a really good tune make the same 220whp as a ported renesis with the same mods tuned by the same tuner. it's a fruitless endeavor. No overlap = no power.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The best feature is the suicide doors what are you saying

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's probably the best chassis made in the 00s, and it's cheap, that's the real appeal

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>The best feature is obviously 13B rotory engine
      The Renesis is the worst variant of the 13B wankel engine and it is the worst feature of the car. The RX8 has a sublime chassis, but the engine makes less than S2000 power and gets Corvette gas mileage, it is also the least reliable 13B. It is quite frankly the worst thing about the car. The RX8 is basically only good for being a cheap (they are cheap because most of them have old failing renesis engines) ugly canyon carver or track car with a swap such as an LS or K20.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

https://www.magnetomagazine.com/30-years-since-the-mazda-787b-made-le-mans-history/

Rotory engine gave Mazda their only serious win.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the only time this car could win anything, is when its competitors were shackled with weight ballast
      this is what i mean by struggling in the higher echelons of motorsports.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Take my dad's RX8 please. It's been sitting in the driveway for years and he barely drives it. Someone offered to buy it with a mailbox note and he didn't even consider it.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Burn through a ton of oil. And the earlier ones have an issue where they didn't have enough oil ports so you'd have to add shit to the fuel when you fill too. Otherwise apex seals commit suicide, even sooner I mean.
    If there were a way to make rotaries not shit, they'd be really cool though.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>And the earlier ones have an issue where they didn't have enough oil ports
      Turns out that made frick all of a difference on the series 2's.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why do you keep making this thread?

https://archive.4plebs.org/o/search/image/mzgbpQR5eowavXZhRYxp9w/

have a nice day and stop spamming the board you fricking schizo subhuman

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There was one for sale a street over for about two years with a 2k price tag in the window.
    I think he has had a Kia and an MG since,
    Do the maintenance.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *