holy SHIT these things are fricking scary to drive. i immediately floated the car and put her into a ditch.

holy SHIT these things are fricking scary to drive. i immediately floated the car and put her into a ditch. no harm done and i rode it back 45 minutes. but those were some of the longest 45 minutes of my life. not the bikes fault, she did what she was supposed to. but they feel funky as frick doing anything but cruising.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How is it that they had flexible sidecar suspension 100 years ago but now it's just a rod with a wheel on it?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because a lot of the knowledge died along with the people who first implemented it. Military sidecars used to have drive shafts, locking diffs, transfer cases for hi-lo gearing, but nowadays you'll be lucky to get a brake.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

We're entering a new dark age fuelled by corporate greed replacing old timers with new meat that works for pennies but never learned a damn thing and can only just barely maintain what was built before they were born

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You forgot to put ballast on the sidecar. Get some weights or gallons of water if you have to ride it without a person in the sidecar

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i had to add more. they really do move funky. it is almost nothing like riding a motorcycle. whole diffrent vehicle. i'm sure i'll get used to it but it's wierd dude.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

maybe your tires are fricking suck and they're coming and shitting apart.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

brand new tires from good brands. it was just litterally my first time and i YOLOd it into a ditch like a moron then did about a mile of neighborhood roads slowly and left again. i fricked up. it's that easy. then i rode a new type of vehicle on the highway after i played chicken with a truck and lost. am i moronic? yes. did i get home? also yes.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Definitely have 30+lb of ballast. Also I take the "racing line" with right hand corners to give it more of a slower more relaxed turn. That helps me not lift the car.
            Left handers are fun since the car wheel drives into the ground harder and you get more grip.

I unironically use the speed limit and go a little slower on some right hand turns. I really like it for trips around town getting stuff.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, and yeah it's more akin to an ATV then a motorcycle

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it's a good thing i have 100's of thousands of miles on a motorcycle and like maybe 2 on a 4 wheeler then. lol

in all seriousness i knew it was kinda like an atv. i just didn't expect the accelerator and brakes to steer the bike AS MUCH as they do. i knew it had an effect but you kinda gotta wrestle that c**t. going in a straight line at 75, pretty cool and easy. slowing down for a red light in traffic? shitting myself.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It could also be your build/bike+car combo. A goldwing 1100 has good power and torque while you may have softer suspension and no leading link fork. I know the leading link fork is supposed to reduce the effort to turn and it's the only thing I have used.

Yeah if I hit the side car brake which is a drum the rig wants to go right. Normal brakes and I do okay but my rig has a early 2000's 4 pot brembo which does 75% of the braking.

Wide flat bars makes it easier too, but until you get 250+miles on your rig you won't know ow it really is.

I also run more of a squared off tire on the front. Not sure if it's better or not.
            Oh, and use engine braking if you can Driveshaft+1100cc's of nippon torque should give you some engine braking.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

OH good tip on engine braking. i hadn't thought about that and it could be more predictable. i'm ngl i was grabbing the crutch every time because i'm not used to floor boards and heal toe shifting. it took too much brain power to find it quickly so i was ridding like a noob and having to think about every shift.

also my sidecar has no brakes, i'm on 1980s drums. i'm SKETCHY AS FRICK BOI! also i've been told this combo of car and bike is common and it's entirely too light of a sidecar for the bike. i'll tame this b***h though. i've done sketchier shit....... i think, but this is at least a 7 out of ten on the sketchy scale.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

1980s disk not drums. several beers in now.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>it's a good thing i have 100's of thousands of miles on a motorcycle
            >can't even ride a fricking boat of a sidecar without going off the road
            anon you need to give your license back you shouldn't be on the roads.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you're used to a motorcycle, non-leaning trikes have incredibly weird dynamics. Just braking and accelerating feels like it wants to go in different directions.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My friend flipped his and almost killed his girlfriend

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>make a thread about how excited you are about it
    >make another thread the next day about how terrifying it is
    pretty funny not gonna lie

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

that is 100% what happened. i've been hyped for months. i've wanted a sidecar for DAMN NEAR 20 years.
      it wan'ts to kill me.
      i went straight into a ditch after playing chicken with a truck.
      it cruises great at 75 though. i just nead to learn how to work the b***h. it horrifies me NGL.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Have you actually got someone to have in the side car or did you get a sidecar just because you wanted a sidecar?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

i have a wife, a best friend and a dog in inverse order of whos riding first.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

note to this. my mechanic floated me in the car at 80 when i basically said " do some of that pilot shit mav" it's not the bike. it's me.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How many threads do you need?

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah sidecars are a bit of a thing to drive. They handle nothing like a bike or a quad or even a trike, they're a whole different kind of beast. Turn right too hard and you'll bottom out, turn left too hard and you'll float the chair.
    Does your bike have adjustable steering stiffness?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

no clue but i doubt it. i have a California friendship1.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Why did (you) make another thread?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

he probably feels like a fricking moron after spending over $10k on that piece of shit and now he wants upvotes to console him

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anon itt will call OP a shit rider having never touched a bike with a side-car in their life.
    It's weird. They're weird. You don't get it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *