How aggressive should one haggle when buying a car from a dealership?

How aggressive should one haggle when buying a car from a dealership?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just steal it.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a delicate dance. You have to be interested in the car but not too much. You have to be friendly, but not too nice. My most helpful tip at new car dealerships is to let the salesman do whatwver they want until they pass you off to the finance guy that prints up all the paperwork. Ask that guy specifically to point out the APR and final prices on the paperwork they just printed out. If either of those are too high for your liking, take a pen and draw a big X on every piece of paper they just printed and ask for new paperwork with lower terms.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How much can you tolerate car salesmen? I probably overpaid because the car was clean, I test drove it twice, had to take a rental down since I had no car and I wanted it and couldn't stand listening to these middle easterners explain the car business to me.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

CC a Deagle brand Deagle and slowly reveal it and tap the barrel when things aren't going your way

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Depends. If you’re paying cash or have your own financing on a new car, there’s probably not terribly much room after you reject all the extras.
    For financing/leasing, now you have some room.
    I watched my dad haggle a lease for my sister down from $380/mo with $3000 down to $213 with $0 down in a 4 hour session from 8 to midnight.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>lease
      Why would I pay a shitload to rent a car?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>His sister

If she's anything like the women I know, leasing is tha best way to go. She should never drive anything but rentals

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Many people don’t keep a car for much longer than a lease period, in which case, if you don’t rack up miles, leasing is cheaper.

>buy car
        >keep for 3 years
        >”Hmm, I feel like something different.”
        >several thousand dollars upside down on the loan after having paid thousands more in payments.
        >”I’ll just roll what I owe into my next loan.”

“How to spend $1500 a month on an $18,000 car.”

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm not a stupid consumer though
          I'll keep a car until the wheels fall off

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>a 4 hour session
      Frick that shit guess I'll always buy used

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Boomers love doing this shit because their time is worthless.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Saved $3000 + 160/mo
        In 4 hours.
        Is your time worth more than $1000/hour?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Plus my dignity? Yes actually

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>My dignity requires me to pay 2x as much to lease a car.

I believe that you're confusing dignity for something else

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

this homosexual talmbout dignity while hes alive on pissearth get fricked lmao

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

moron mindset trying to quantify your life with only $

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Im not going to prostitute my ass out or commit crimes for $3000 - those things lack dignity. but I'll definitely negotiate when buying a car I feel more dignity paying a reasonable price than an absurd price .

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Lel. Boomers prove once again that they are the most entitled buttholes on Earth and they have unlimited free time.

>grrr fricking goyi- I mean, BOOMERS! I can't believe da NOIVE of them! I coulda got them to pay FOUR HUNNID DOLLAS but instead I had to settle for them paying TWO HUNNID!
        >it's like anuddah shoa, not overpaying us!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lel. Boomers prove once again that they are the most entitled buttholes on Earth and they have unlimited free time.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Boomers love doing this shit because their time is worthless.

dont be mad at the boomer. be mad at the stealership that can afford to lease out a car at nearly 50% discount and still make a profit.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Like a indian asking for pictures of breasts from a white woman through facebook.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

when the scamperson writes down a final sale number which includes tax, and all other fees, you take some time to look at it, and then you write down the absolute max you are willing to pay for that car. If the scamartist doesnt budge, simply get up, and walk away. 100% guaranteed someone will go out after you, and at bare minimum offer a decent counter.
    I knocked off $2500 off my Si, they wanted $12k for the car, and tax on top of that, I paid $11,800 total. negotiations took 2 hours.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>pussyfooting around a dealership
    Take no prisoners, so to speak, because they aren't.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It helps to mention you're going to other dealerships too. Do realize they have a loose minimum bottom price that they will not give away their cars.
    If you talk them down 8%, well they know if they simply lowered their sticker price 8% it'll fly off the lot. This is what guys online don't realize and get all butthurt by salesmen.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>If you talk them down 8%, well they know if they simply lowered their sticker price 8% it'll fly off the lot.
      Not even.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

In the used car market, I find it's often better to take it to my mechanic then offer to pay sticker price only if all the cosmetic/mechanical issues with the car (e.g. paint, scratches, leaks) are completely fixed.
    Given their profit margins and better ability to find new/OEM parts than the average customer, this often would save you money compared to buying the parts and wrenching on your own
    Of course, if you can't find any problems with the car then feel free to haggle as much as you want

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Always just leave, never buy the same day. Come back when they're having a sale or call you with a better offer.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They will frick you in the end no matter what, so you might as well try as hard as you can.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you don't feel slight shame you're not haggling hard enough

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

here are my tips
    >when salesman first comes up to you when you're checking out a car, state that you're not actually interested in it, you're actually interested in [its competitor] and just wanted to check it out before buying the other one
    >say it's better than you thought it'd be but regardless you'll won't be ready to buy until next month when your finances are in order
    >keep mentioning the other car you're actually interested in is cheaper and has nicer features
    >mull around a bit and then go home after exchanging contact information with the salesman
    9/10 times he will text you the next day offering you a couple grand off.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Walk into a dealership.
    >your cars look lovely tonight
    Then walk away.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

just order one with an app and be done with it
    I laugh at my older boomer dad spending 8 hours at a stealership getting a higher interest rate than I did when tesla automatically books the best bank for a loan

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Do they book your insurance too?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Tesla has their own insurance you select on the app and its cheap. Every other insurance quoted me double

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If they aren't afraid you'll come back later with a gas can and a zippo you're probably being a homosexual.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's pretty pointless going full agro in the current market. Dealers aren't hurting for new or used sales. If you don't like their "fair" pricing they will politely tell you to go pound sand and wave on through the 10 morons behind you waiting to pay what they're asking.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I bought a new $60k vehicle recently and didn’t haggle at all. I went with the intention of haggling but when it came down to it, I just agreed to everything. Yes even the useless warranty.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *