how bad are coupes really?

how bad are coupes really?

im a single guy so i want to buy a coupe, but i feel like im fricking up by not getting a 4 door instead

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

just buy the lightest and or stiffest version of the car you want

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Coupe is the default for a single man, you have to then justify why you need more doors.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yeah i dont need a 4 door NOW, but i feel like getting a coupe would be not futureproofing my car/bad resale value

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Coupes for short distances, sedans for highway cruises.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Why would there be any difference for that?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I meant small coupes for short distances and big sedans or grand tourers for long distances. Long wheelbase cars ride better on the highway and will usually have softer suspension

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Jesus frick if your criteria for a good car is "soft suspension, long wheelbase" then get the biggest fattest fricking momma van you can afford

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

How did you misconstrue that as that being my criteria for a good car? I have a coupe and 2 sedans. They're better at different things. Illiterate moron lol

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>le coupes are for...
    Black person, no. Coupes work just as well as sedans if you don't have b***hy old people in the back seat.
    Bitches love weird little cars.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

coupes are fricking awesome as long as the only thing you ever need to transport in your car is luggage for a getaway or a couple buddies when you're playing DD. they are aways fricking awesome

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I drive a coupe, I've used my rear seats maybe 2 or 3 times since buying my car a year ago.

while I recommend having at least 4 seats for those few scenarios where you need to give that extra person a lift home, NEEDING more than 2 doors for me has been exceedingly rare.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not OP but do you have another car which you can use for larger items/more poeople? If so, how would you feel about it being your only car?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

fine, for large furniture I've just rented a ute when moving house and can usually crack out the large items in a day and once moved a Hyundai Getz full of stuff (couldn't see out the back window) from QLD to Sydney (11 hour drive)

little tight but again, id rather be inconvenienced 0.1% of the time so a car suits my needs 99.9% of the time than be one of those stupid c**ts who buy an SUV that can't pass the moose test because they absolutely NEED to move a table once every 4 years as if roof racks don't exist for that precise reason.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ive owned 3 economy coupes and its never really been an issue. When you need to have people in the back its fun to have all your friends crawl behind the rear seats like morons and roll 5 deep. its just a feeling you dont get with a sedan

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I purchased a 3 series coupe in my late 20s. I still have at 33 but now that I actually have shit to haul I retroactively wish I purchased a x5 or ML Mercedes.

The coupe is awesome on fuel though and I'd never sell it.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you ever plan to drive your parents around you should get a sedan. Your mom will not be happy about climbing over the seat to get in the back.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I believe OP has two dads.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

but anon my parents died

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>needing something practical

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Coupes are the vehicles for economic growth as they are usually a secondary vehicle. Because a majority of the planet has been going through a economic fall since the fricking 80's, and the other half is just starting their economic downfall since COVID, they are becoming more endangered as a vehicle purchases become more utilitarian in nature.
    Also as vehicles are becoming more utilitarian, societal expectation means that people who drive coupes are seen as losers or selfish individuals with no families compared to say an SUV or a truck/utility vehicle which give off the idea that you are active and have a large family

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>societal expectation means that people who drive coupes are seen as losers or selfish individuals with no families compared to say an SUV or a truck/utility vehicle which give off the idea that you are active and have a large family
      This is why society is for homosexuals.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

True, but you have no idea how much this actually does affect car buying. People who flat out are about to be homeless would rather buy a Big Truck then a Corolla because of this.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

So weird to me. I don't know anyone that lusts after trucks. Must be a location thing.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It was as iocation thing because in America Cafe/chicken tax and it's exceptions to duty vehicles along with low to no federal taxes in rural states lead to an entire market for Big SUVs and Trucks mainly as a way to compensate for the government killing muscle cars. They were seen as the only 'true' American cars as everyone began to drive fuel saving Japanese and sometimes European cars, and that fuel saving mindset stuck a stereotype that you only got smaller cars or sedans for fuel savings because you were poor while having a truck meant you can afford the fuel (which BTW is cheaper anyway in the US). That standard of Big=rich has been imported throughout the world as governments implimented similar regulations that were based entirely on 70's era psuedo-sciense that stated that oil was going to run out in 50-100 years (ideals which were was outdated by the 90's but boomers/ Generation X are moronic).

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>70's era psuedo-sciense that stated that oil was going to run out in 50-100 years
            >what are oil production figures

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The ones that have been increasing since technological innovations like freaking have allowed access to over 1k more years of oil reserves?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm gonna ask to see the reports you're alluding to. Because that is not what I've been reading.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mcrfpus2&f=m
            Oil output and production has. significantly increased with decreases only due to economic woes, but not anything regarding the amount of oil that is avaliable . whoever you are listening to is moronic and should swollow a bullet.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Okay I'm gonna look into it tomorrow, thanks for the link.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>True, but you have no idea how much this actually does affect car buying. People who flat out are about to be homeless would rather buy a Big Truck then a Corolla because of this.

The purchase of ever larger vehicles always coincides with the end of a period of low interest rates and low fuel prices. If you think back to the land barges of the 1970s, all that shit was designed in the late 60s and early 70s before the fuel crisis but the manufacturers got caught with their pants down.

Late 90s a similar thing emerged with low fuel prices and the dot com boom, SUV sales replaced the landboat though. This bubble burst in the late 00s for a few years during the hardest years of the recession, this gave sedans and economy cars a bit of a reprive in Western markets.

Since the early to mid 2010s, smaller cars have been dying and I believe that the American manufacturers are going to be caught MASSIVELY on the wrong foot of whatever is about to happen as people are FORCED to downsize. Key word, FORCED.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The purchase of ever larger vehicles always coincides with the end of a period of low interest rates and low fuel prices. If you think back to the land barges of the 1970s, all that shit was designed in the late 60s and early 70s before the fuel crisis but the manufacturers got caught with their pants down.
            This is the same as alot of fashion purchases and other luxuries. Usually normies wait way too late to get these items and then only get them when it looks like things are going downhill.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Perfect example is the proliferation of hairstyles. Nazi cut in the 2015 era or more recently the return on the mullet.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I completely expect the death of dodge/Chrysler as they have absolutely no way of getting cheap efficient car. Ford will blink and bring back the focus stateside, GM is actually looking like a possible winner if they can keep the Malibu

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I flogged a Malibu across America in 2012. Was a pretty decent car. Nice on fuel.

Instead of producing cost efficient sedans, America has pushed so much into electric cars. As the Californian subsidies dry up and Elon implodes, that'd be the other shoe to drop.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>go visit coworkers office (IT and they work in another office ~30min away) for the day
    >go to lunch
    >coworker is a mitatagay (and he had a broken windshield baka) and couldn't take all 3 of us t lunch so I had to drive
    It's kind of inconvenient.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Europes hellcat has always been the 3.6 Passat.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Hahahaha No, No it ain't.
      RWD, relatively big engine in relatively small frame, Omega 3.2 is the only good answer (yet not a coupe).

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you buy a 4 door vehicle and are not at least one of the following:
    >Taxi driver
    >Uber/Lyft driver
    >Law enforcement officer
    >Married with children
    Then you are a poser. Simple as.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Too roight m8

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Based E92 chad. His only mistakes were that it wasn't a 335i or an M3, and that it wasn't in blue or silver.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Petrollets GET OFF MY BOARD

335d M57 chads RISE UP

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The sedan is the smallest possible car that can handle 99.9% of situations.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you buy a coupe and it is/has any of the following:
    >ugly
    >slow
    >gay
    >hilariously HUGE wheel gap
    Then you are a poselet. Shrimple as.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *