How bald can I run my tires? I drive a 2011 Toyota Corolla. I deliver pizza with it.

How bald can I run my tires? I drive a 2011 Toyota Corolla. I deliver pizza with it. I heard it's better to put the thicker tread tires in the rear, is this true?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How bald can I run my tires?
    Straight to the wires.
    >I heard it's better to put the thicker tread tires in the rear, is this true?
    Frick no. Keep them balanced. Steering is just as important as not spinning out

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

As long as the road surface is level and dry and you're not going much more than 40mph, you can probably run those frickers down to the wire.

Remember to rotate, though. If you're front are balding, switch them around with the rears.

I don't have to drive the tires down that much. I plan to deliver pizza with this car for another five years.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>bald tires
        >another five years
        You can stretch the life of the tire, but if they're already bald, you may as well get a couple of fresher ones at some point.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I plan to deliver pizza with this car for another five years.
        The real question is why do you intend on staying a delivery driver for five more years?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

thats really good question OP should rethink his life choices

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I can see getting stuck as a pizza delivery guy for 5 years but the fact that you are planning on this is beyond sad

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As long as the road surface is level and dry and you're not going much more than 40mph, you can probably run those frickers down to the wire.

Remember to rotate, though. If you're front are balding, switch them around with the rears.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why the hell do americans use cars for delivery?why not use a bike is smaller,faster in traffic and it consumes much less fuel

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

cities are like 100km across

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What the hell kind of pizza shop delivers 100km away?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

People think motorcycles are death traps, bicycles too.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

and who cares what they thing?just give your employees the bikes and tell them to stop being little whiny b***hes

our cities are very sprawling and some cities have no safe place to bike as we have 80-100kmh roads in the inner city. the only spot with low speed limits are downtowns and no one lives there.
        a pizza shop can deliver up to a 30-40km radius.

even shitty 3rd world mopeds scooters or however they are called worth 1K$ new can reach those speeds i don't see how that's an issue

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

oh i thought they meant bikes as in bicycles im moronic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Tons of people can’t drive worth a shit here so I would expect delivery people on bikes to get hit by a car more often than not

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I drove delivery for 5 years and this kid, Andrew, was an 18yo kid who worked for us for like 3 months before he bought a bike and was promptly flattened by a suburban the first night he got off work. That shit scared me away from bikes for good.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

our cities are very sprawling and some cities have no safe place to bike as we have 80-100kmh roads in the inner city. the only spot with low speed limits are downtowns and no one lives there.
      a pizza shop can deliver up to a 30-40km radius.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> I heard it's better to put the thicker tread tires in the rear, is this true?
    That's common practice on all vehicles but I think it's pretty stupid on a FWD. The front tires on a FWD are doing literally everything so it makes a lot more sense having the tire with more tread and less likelihood of blowing out being up front. The rear tires on a FWD don't really do anything so the tire doesn't matter as much in the rear.

On my FWD's I just run the fronts until they're almost bald then move them to the rear and get new fronts and repeat. Keep in mind the less tread you run on a tire the more likely it is for a screw or a piece of debris to mess up your day.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's so you don't fish-tail, but for FWD cars, the process is actually as you describe to put the best tires on the front.

• 4 weeks ago
      civil engineering stud

Dumbass, the rear tire keeps you stable in curves and has less normal force so less grip

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the rear tire keeps you stable in curves
        That would really depend on which tire, you’re talking about, mr engineer. An inside rear tire is going to be doing shit for you in a curve.

• 4 weeks ago
          civil engineering stud

>That would really depend on which tire, you’re talking about, mr engineer. An inside rear tire is going to be doing shit for you in a curve.
          Well I'm afraid the streets aren't a nascar circuit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's extremely hard to get the rear tires of a FWD to kick out even if you're down to the wires. Shit you could even delete your rear wheels and replace then with logs and you likely just understeer first.

• 4 weeks ago
      READ ME

https://i.imgur.com/QVl4Tl9.jpeg

How bald can I run my tires? I drive a 2011 Toyota Corolla. I deliver pizza with it. I heard it's better to put the thicker tread tires in the rear, is this true?

OP don't listen to this dick-wipe. Best tires go on the rear no matter what.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you don't live in a snowy or rainy area don't worry about it. Be careful taking curves at speed like on the freeway or any turn when it rains. Just run all tires into the ground, it's a bullshit marketing scam to tell people they need to buy new ones when there's still tread on the existing ones. They then sell them to used tire dealers.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Jesus, no - the best tires always go on the front. You can run'em until the cords show, but don't think IN ANY WAY that you'll be stopping fast, on a rainy road.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is this a joke? Don’t be selfish and get some new ones. You don’t need to spend $300 a corner. You could get some cheap from a junkyard in reasonable condition for cheap. For a car like a Corolla a set of Toyo Proxes will be fine. I had Autogreens on my old car (fitted by previous owner) and they were alright although they only cost like $75 a corner. For the sake of your safety and the people around you please get them replaced ASAP if they’re down to the wear bars

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This, good tires save lives, and they just look neat. Pic related is what I have on right now, they're pretty good. Spending money on good tires saves money on body work and medical bills.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Continental all season contact 2s are goated. Got Y-rated ones on my car and the grip is phenomenal. They don’t seem to be bothered if it’s dry or wet, traction is always excellent and the steering has a lovely progressive response with lots of feedback. Ideal for damp climates or places which frequently suffer from poor weather. I don’t see myself fitting anything else to my cars for a while. But yeah if anyone’s stretched for cash a set of autogreens will do the job. I avoid Chinese stuff normally but they’re honestly okay exception to the rule in my experience. Definitely better than driving on literally bald tires anyway, no matter what brand.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

When I went to pic related on my AMG instead of the cheap Chinese, dry-rotted tires that the previous owner left on there, it made all the difference in the world. These are great summer tires and I agree that you should never skimp on them. It’s like buying shitty toilet paper or cheap shoes.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I currently have donut spares on 3 of the 4 corners of my car

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In my country its legally about 5- 10mm.
    In summer you might get as low without smashing about 3mm. Any lower than that your really risking your ass. Just get retreads or chinese tyres if your that hard up for money. Its better than driving on slicks.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

rent a corolla, swap out the tires, return the rental

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *