How can I get this out to where it looks cleanest. Itll never look new again, I know but its embarrassing.

How can I get this out to where it looks cleanest. It’ll never look new again, I know but it’s embarrassing. I already got the yellow off.

What equipment/tools do I need?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You just fill the entire thing with bondo, sand it down, and paint it with rattle cans (search by vin).

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Hammer it out from the trunk and then

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Body repair is probably the single hardest aut/o/motive job to DIY. If it was just a popped dent in a plastic bumper I'd say hit it with a heat gun and force it out, but any paint damage pretty much requires a professional to get it looking right. Those guys are artists, notice how collision repair is its own separate business from regular mechanics? Getting the yellow off was about the best you could do.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That could look like new again

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>That could look like new again
      The really good guys can will blend it into the rest of that car that doesn't.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Do what most of my customers do and file a claim through your insurance and send it to a body shop and you'll have an unwrecked car.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ayo dis homie backed into a pole lmao

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

hell yeah I did. cramped ass space. one of those ballisters surrounding a propane (?) tank at a gas station. super awkward postitioning. I was also fighting on the phone w the gf but still dumb as hell

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>gf
        Post pics

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

fricking women

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I can fix her

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

heat gun
    hot glue sticks
    cutting compound
    possibly some colour matched spray paint

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Deflate a sports ball
    Put behind panel
    Setup pump to ball
    Get hot water (don't do this when it's cold otherwise you'll frick shit up replace with room temp water)
    Pump the sports ball of your choice up behind the panel
    Next pour water at the same time as you inflate the ball.

If all said and done properly, chances are it'll pop back into place naturally due to the properties of the material. Adjust the ball accordingly to push more dents out.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A car hit me in a parking lot while I was shopping and drove away. I have a 2018 CTS same color as yours. The damage in your pic is nearly identical to the damage my car suffered. I paid $3800 to a body shop and it looks like new. This is in California. Like the autobody shop owner said above, file a claim and get it fixed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>3,800$
      Jesus christ anon, really?
      I man, I know you drive a cts and all... But cmon, $3,800 for that!??
      Did you Atleast try to diy it?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>just diy bro
        >shop has to unfrick your diy on top of the damage present
        >end up paying $4500 instead of $3800
        ok moron

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

As another poster said, the rear quarter panel goes all the way over the doors and the body shop has to grind it and repaint it all. You have to remove the dent, smooth it out, grind it and repaint it all. It takes at least a few days, so a shop will charge you accordingly. Have you ever had body work done before (and priced it out)? Have you tried body work before yourself? You can't DIY and make it disappear but a body shop can. If you are driving a nice car for reasons, you aren't going to rattle-can over the dents you'll pay somebody to make it look new again.

Also, don't take the Lord's name in vain.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You have 2 options:
    >Take some metalworking + 3d sculpting + painting classes at your local college
    or
    >Pay $400-700 to a body shop guy to get it looking like new
    This isn't just wrenching, you need actual artistic talent + training to fix dents like that

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

let a PDR guy fix it to the best of his abilities. it'll look 90% better.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

frick GM. Their rear quarter panels go up the C pillar and all the way down the A pillar. Have to remove half the body to replace something that should be simple.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just push it out from inside. Maybe look into the basket ball trick thing. This circled creasing and probably all along that bottom would need hammer and dolly work to get out but then youre painting it and I don't think you want to go that far.

13. 2 months ago
    Poor Investor

op, get PDR.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You take it to a body shop and the person who hit yous insurance pays for it

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Soul.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

that should push out easy, get in the trunk and kick it

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *