How can I improve mpgs and performance on my 2011 Toyota Corolla?

How can I improve mpgs and performance on my 2011 Toyota Corolla?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

fill up your tires to the recommended pressure. redline the car as often as you can once the oil is hot.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I did fill my tires for optimal mpgs. I keep rpms at a nice range.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Checked. When will you stop making these fricking threads?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

The man is watching you.

Swap it for something else, and seriously speaking, Yota engines are pretty sensitive to the driving style, i remember the "good old" 1.8 being able to comfy go down to almost 40pmg on the highway so you can go quite high if you adapt your style. Ad for performance, it's a corolla, i'm not sure what are you expecting out of that.

I am already getting good mpgs.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I am already getting good mpgs.
            Then you have half of your answer, the other half is with those it's either performance or good mileage. You could pretty much rebuild the engine to crank out much more from it but then you can kiss the good mileage good bye, those are highly optimized engines, there's not much room left for frickery, and tbh i would not advise messing with them unless you are building a rally mockup. That being said, if you want to go full moronic you can port it, get better injectors and fuel pump, map it, get a low drag air intake (just not the meme cone filters, those are a joke an everyone should figure it by now), slap a light flywheel on if you feel so inclined and make a rev happy little bastard. I do not recommend trying to put a turbo on it, those engines are not great with much more heat than they were designed for). But all that while it will give you a surprisingly fun car will cost more than the actual value of the car and the gas mileage will be utter shit.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

mods are gay and expensive

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The ultimate mod that gains mileage and performance, is free and very straight, is to add lightness. Gut the interior.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Gut the interior.
            kek.
            >have a seat back there Timmy
            >???
            >"I SAID SIT DOWN!"
            >curls up in a ball on the floor

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Swap it for something else, and seriously speaking, Yota engines are pretty sensitive to the driving style, i remember the "good old" 1.8 being able to comfy go down to almost 40pmg on the highway so you can go quite high if you adapt your style. Ad for performance, it's a corolla, i'm not sure what are you expecting out of that.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

1.Occasionally rev up engine to almost redline(about 100-300rpm before redline). Actual redlining engine is moronic and unnecessary.
    2.Proper tire pressures are important. But so is also doing proper tire replacements so you dont buy any high rolling resistance tires. There literally are cheap priced tires available on markets that can increase your car fuel consumption 10-15% over the same car with low rolling resistance tires. Wheels also need to be aligned properly.
    3.Dont skip maintenance interwalls, poorly maintained car does consume more fuel.
    4.Occasionally drive with the AC interior cooling turned off if you can, this saves fuel. Its ok occasionally to turn off AC long as you dont keep it off for months.
    5.Keep your car clean, dont store trash in the car. 4-6.6 pounds of trash in the car is enough to cause 0.5mpg increase on fuel consumption. More weight the engine has to pull>higher fuel consumption, also car will be slower on performance.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>. 4-6.6 pounds of trash in the car is enough to cause 0.5mpg increase on fuel consumption
      I'm gonna need you to show me where exactly you found this steaming pile of feces

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Bro 6 lbs wouldn't even affect 0.05 MPG on a Vespa scooter you stupid frick

4. 1 month ago
    s10fag

tires up to pressure
    minimum recommended oil weight
    drop in k&n filter
    clean maf & injectors
    if o2s are lazy replace them
    clean up egr port and passages
    narrower, taller tires when you replace them
    2" lowering kit
    spoiler delete
    make an under tray out of this years political campaign signs - corrugated plastic works best
    set up hptuners and make a custom tune, leaner cruiser and higher egr duty cycle, engage lockup in earlier gears if possible

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Look up hypermiling aerodynamic mods

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You can improve mpg by not pressing the gas pedal as far. You can improve performance by pressing the gas pedal farther.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Drive slow like a real cuck.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Tune it?
    Every time I tune one of my cars I get an MPG increase. I've done this since 2016. 3 cars, tuned, gained lots of BHP each time and gas mileage also rose.

There's no other way.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

rip out the A/C system
    no engine driving compressor pump will boost HP and all of the weight of the A/C system is gone, you only get heat from the heater core now.

but seriously, unless you want to rip out the entire interior and drive on pretty much a shell with a drivers seat, then all the time wasted on that is just better spent buying a bike or something else.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

compressor uses a magnetic clutch though so it's not running unless you actually turn on the AC

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If it's actually AC, where you can set a temperature and tries to keep it as best as it can, it stops running when it reaches the temperature you set.
        If it's just cooling it's going to run forever.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>rip out the A/C system
      ROFL. see

compressor uses a magnetic clutch though so it's not running unless you actually turn on the AC

>you only get heat from the heater core now.
      That was always the sole origin.
      They don't make (factory) Heatstrip options for Cars AFAIK; you're talking 100A draw from the battery for only 1200W (average space heater), which is a piece of cake in a house because of the AC Power.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Sell that hoopty 4 speed automatic and get a CVT Hybrid

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Step 1: Drive better
    Step 2: Lose weight

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

sell it and buy a 2005 corolla xrs and then be happy

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

has anyone mentioned narrow tires/lower profiles yet? i got a significant mpg gain in a pigfat chrysler with a hemi back in the day when i went from
    >265/45/20
    to
    >275/30/20
    and
    >225/35/20
    (don’t ask)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

He's already running pretty thin tires if stock

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Maybe fill the gaps between the body panels?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *