Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ayo! *smacks lips* is that a Lamb truck!?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Speak English, peasant

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

*flares nostrils* tf you just say to me whiboi??

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's just an upscale trax which is putting lipstick on a pig. Drove the previous trax as a rental to drive to Vancouver from Toronto. Worst car ever.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>from this beast to another garbage suv
    buick is dead

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

meme car

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They have had nothing worth talking about for at least a decade

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

they were upmarket chevrolet sedans before chevrolet stopped making sedans
    so they tried to shift to premium SUVs but GMC already had that market
    they couldnt be the performance division or the luxury division because cadillac was both of those things
    they cant be the offroad or truck division like Jeep or Ram because they have no heritage in this area
    they cant be the EV division, because chevrolet and cadillac gobbled up all the resources in this area
    so it exists in the US for the sole reason of increasing their brand image in China, and most of their cars are people movers and nothing more

there isnt much reason to get a buick in 2024. people wanting an affordable car will get a chevrolet. people wanting luxury will get a cadillac. people wanting performance will get a chevrolet or a cadillac. and generally, whatever the buick can offer, the higher trim chevrolet can too.

Buick needs to die. Its drawn out death and lack of brand identity is a fate worse than Pontiac’s

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Buick needs to die. Its drawn out death and lack of brand identity is a fate worse than Pontiac’s
      I said this during the GM restructuring too, but Buick should've died and Pontiac should've lived. Keeping two brands for the premium/luxury market, Buick and Cadillac, was just continuing GM's previous problem of too much internal competition on a smaller scale. They should've canned Buick and let Cadillac take their market share, and kept Pontiac around as the "performance" brand.

• 2 months ago

"Corvette" is the performance brand, GM kills literally anything that contests that.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes, because a customer that's looking at, say, a Solstice GXP or a G8 is totally going to cross-shop that with a Corvette.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And that's not even getting into the existence of the Cadillac XLR.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

by the 2000s Pontiac was essentially the designated rebadging brand, mostly Holden
            and now Holden is dead and so is the Camaro and most other foreign cars GM has to do with so I don't even know what Pontiac would make

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Buick also became a designated rebadging brand for foreign cars, from the death of Pontiac (and Saturn) up until the sale of Opel. Now Buick just makes rebadged warmed over Chevrolets again like they did in the 80s

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

they were upmarket chevrolet sedans before chevrolet stopped making sedans
        so they tried to shift to premium SUVs but GMC already had that market
        they couldnt be the performance division or the luxury division because cadillac was both of those things
        they cant be the offroad or truck division like Jeep or Ram because they have no heritage in this area
        they cant be the EV division, because chevrolet and cadillac gobbled up all the resources in this area
        so it exists in the US for the sole reason of increasing their brand image in China, and most of their cars are people movers and nothing more

there isnt much reason to get a buick in 2024. people wanting an affordable car will get a chevrolet. people wanting luxury will get a cadillac. people wanting performance will get a chevrolet or a cadillac. and generally, whatever the buick can offer, the higher trim chevrolet can too.

Buick needs to die. Its drawn out death and lack of brand identity is a fate worse than Pontiac’s

it's literally alive because the first state car in China was a Buick so over there it's a prestige brand. Because of this, Buick sells about as many cars as Chevrolet does

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I know it's hard for your underage mind to comprehend, but the Chinese market was not nearly so important around the time of GM's restructuring.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I know it's hard for your underage mind to comprehend, but the Chinese market was not nearly so important around the time of GM's restructuring.
            hey look a moron and a zoomer
            the Chinese market actually still huge in 2008-9, and it was widely reported at the time that Buick was being kept alive because of the Chinese market. Which you'd know if you hadn't been 3.
            2008:
            https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna28236990
            >General Motors may be struggling at home, but it is thriving in China. In 2007, GM sold nearly twice as many Buicks in China as it did in the United States — more than 330,000. In this part of the world, your grandfather’s stodgy old car is actually hip.
            2010:
            https://www.cbsnews.com/news/buick-big-in-china-seeks-to-recapture-us-glory/
            >Buick is a big success in China, which is the key reason the Buick brand survived bankruptcy restructuring for parent General Motors. GM dumped Hummer, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn, but kept Buick, Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac.
            https://www.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/why-gm-keeps-buick-10714491
            >But who cares? In China, Buick sold 447,011 cars last year, more than four times its U.S. volume, and China sales rose 60%. Buick accounted for 25% of sales in China, the world's largest auto market. After Volkswagen, it is the country's number two brand, with a 3.3 % share.
            > "They keep Buick because of China," said IHS Global Insight analyst John Wolkonowicz. "If you have one of the top brands in one of the major markets in the world, you keep it."
            get fricked zoomie, grownups are talking

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Gottem, fricking moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don’t think that’s true at all, if anything it was the opposite and the chink market was a gold rush for automakers and its cooled since

• 2 months ago
          Supra80

I know it's hard for your underage mind to comprehend, but the Chinese market was not nearly so important around the time of GM's restructuring.

>I know it's hard for your underage mind to comprehend, but the Chinese market was not nearly so important around the time of GM's restructuring.
          hey look a moron and a zoomer
          the Chinese market actually still huge in 2008-9, and it was widely reported at the time that Buick was being kept alive because of the Chinese market. Which you'd know if you hadn't been 3.
          2008:
          https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna28236990
          >General Motors may be struggling at home, but it is thriving in China. In 2007, GM sold nearly twice as many Buicks in China as it did in the United States — more than 330,000. In this part of the world, your grandfather’s stodgy old car is actually hip.
          2010:
          https://www.cbsnews.com/news/buick-big-in-china-seeks-to-recapture-us-glory/
          >Buick is a big success in China, which is the key reason the Buick brand survived bankruptcy restructuring for parent General Motors. GM dumped Hummer, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn, but kept Buick, Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac.
          https://www.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/why-gm-keeps-buick-10714491
          >But who cares? In China, Buick sold 447,011 cars last year, more than four times its U.S. volume, and China sales rose 60%. Buick accounted for 25% of sales in China, the world's largest auto market. After Volkswagen, it is the country's number two brand, with a 3.3 % share.
          > "They keep Buick because of China," said IHS Global Insight analyst John Wolkonowicz. "If you have one of the top brands in one of the major markets in the world, you keep it."
          get fricked zoomie, grownups are talking

>Buick is big in China
          Would it not be cheaper then to stop selling them in the US and make Buicks only for the Chinese market?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Would it not be cheaper then to stop selling them in the US and make Buicks only for the Chinese market?
            I guess if you're going to spend the money to engineer and style the cars anyway, you might as well sell them everywhere you can. The money's already spent after all. And I think, thanks to GM's weird dealership structure, there are lots of Buick-GMC dealers who can't convert to Chevrolet or Cadillac because there's already Chevy or Cadillac dealers in their territories. And it's been at the top of quality lists for more than a decade, and Buick actually outsold Cadillac last year in the US too, so it's not even a dead brand here. And it would probably do some damage to the brand in China if it got cancelled in its home country too

• 2 months ago
            Supra80

>Buick outsold Cadillac last year in the US
            >it would damage the brand in China if it got cancelled in the US
            alright, carry on then I guess.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Those little Encores seem to be selling pretty well. They're boring; but women like them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I was trying to put into words more or less what you posted.
      I just have to agree that this is more or less the correct answer.
      When I see a buick I just see yet another car that does so-so and isnt priced well enough to be relevant even in a commuter car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Buick needs to die.

I disagree. I'm all for car brands sticking around as rebadged versions of other cars simply so we get more variety in car styling.

Back in the 50s Chevys, Buick, Caddillacs and Pontiacs were all just alternate styles and trim levels of the same coupe and sedan chassis. Keeping Buick around could let GM branch out with their styling and try different things.

And honestly I don't hate the styling language on the current Buicks, were it applied to a sedan or a coupe or something with more soul than a godless 3 cylinder turbocharged crossover it could produce something neat. Making a new Riviera could be a great way to add some excitement to the Buick brand again.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Buick was always very innovative
        They fricking built this in the 1930s

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the sad thing is that this is basically what GM treated buick as already. their testbed for weird ideas
        they wanted to see if a world car would succeed, so they made the Regal. they wanted to see if a FWD performance car would succeed, so they made the Regal GS. they wanted to see if a wagon would succeed, so they made the TourX. they wanted to see if a compact SUV made in Korea could succeed, so they made the Encore. could a chevy equinox made in china sell in the US? IDK, but lets see what the Envision does
        youre right though, buick for most of its existence has not had much of a purpose in GM’s lineup outside of “chevy with chrome”. It’s always been the way GM has operated, but I just think its stupid to have 2 premium SUV divisions that share the same platforms, especially when theres already overlap with the chevy LTZ and high country trims

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A pointless gay brand that only continues to exist thanks to Chinese preferences

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's a Toyota moron

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What's to talk about with a zombie brand?

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks especially chink-y, something about that front end would make me think it was a chinese brand if it wasn't for the Buick logo

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I could have sworn they stopped existing over a decade ago
    Mandela effect?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The only reason Buick is alive is because of Chink roaches in China and old people that drove Buick back in the day. Same with Lincoln. Pontiac and Mercury should have lived. (Mercury suffering the same fate of only old people driving them).

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cars for vice-principals.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>How come no one ever talks about Buick?

Because they don't make anything interesting any more.

I talk about early 2000s Buicks with the 3800 when I'm recommending a cheap reliable used car to people. And I'll talk about 50s, 60s, or 70s Buicks if classic cars is the topic.

But Buick doesn't sell anything in the United States now except boring crossovers for women.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Had a 3800 in my late 90s gran prix. Scrapped it in 2020 cause I live in the rust belt but engine was still purring. Absolute bullet proof engines

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not a boomer. Not a chink.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Middle aged women also like Buicks

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They put motorcycle engines in their cars.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy an ad, lamb truck

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Probably because the average age of this board is under 80

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They haven't put out anything decent since the '76 Riviera.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm 21 and like Buick, the new design language looks nice, but I'll never buy a crossover or SUV

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There is no Buick. It died 25 years ago. GM just pulls some shit from a common parts bin, slaps a "Buick" badge on it and that's it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *