How common are USDM cars/trucks in Europe?

How common are USDM cars/trucks in Europe?

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

in the cities at least, extremely uncommon.
    except tesla's, ofc.
    and before they stopped making small cars, fords.
    i understand there is a small but persistent market in importing big american truggs/SUVs for rich folk use, but yea, its small.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

no, it doesn't.
    i'd LOVE to be able to buy american cars at american prices, and to be able to feed them with american gas prices too.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why arent they more common in europe? are they just not sold there or what? I live in 3rd world shithole and we have some of the most expensive gas in the world relative to wages, theres still a frickton of american pickups here despite them being worth the same as 3 houses

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>are they just not sold there or what?
        full-size trucks and suvs are just not sold at all, yes. probably cant clear emission standards.

the only "full size" SUVs available here are the GLS, x7 and q7. maybe also the land cruiser? you know, to the extent that those pussy ass unibody crap can even be considered full size.
        tahoe/suburban/expedition/yukon/escalade are just not available to buy, you have to import them, or buy them from some1 who did.
        same for the half-ton and larger trucks. we have eg the ranger, but none of the f-series.

and ofc, with gas prices at like $6-8 per gallon (they vary, and are higher in richer countries), even if you do manage to get your hands on such a vehicle, it would be extremely expensive to run.

and to be fair, i should also mention that full size trucks and suvs would also be extremely impractical in european cities. the roads are narrow and parking is scarce, which is to be expected when you're living in a city that was not just there, but also densely populated several centuries before automobiles were a thing. and its not like you can just demolish 500+ year old buildings to build some parking, lol.

anyways, yea, shit sucks here.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/jeaJwPR.png

see picrel for what bullshit passes as "full size" here.

lmao @ this ameriboo

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>probably cant clear emission standards.
          No, they can clear emissions just fine

The issue, for trucks primarily, is that they get really, really expensive while also being limited in terms of capacity and such due to how the vehicles are taxed on weight, power and whatnot, while the way we class vehicles based on weight usually makes them fit poorly into the scheme - hence why you'd find that a much larger mid-size Mercedes truck with three times the payload, four times the cargo area, a liftgate, and about the same MPG is somehow still cheaper than an american truck like an F250

European regulation and taxation just makes american trucks a complete no-go if you're thinking economically or practically outside of a very few niche businesses

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the us should really start a trade war over this bullshit. im sure a couple years without merc/bmw/audi/vw being able to sell anything in the states would be enough to settle this.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't think they'd be able to turn the slow ship that is EU-regulations

The obvious answer, if the US wants to sell more of their trucks here, is to make trucks and other work-vehicles that are more compliant/in-line with european regulations/tax schemes... but that would be an uphill battle to war against well-established european & japanese brands when it comes to work vehicles like pickups and vans

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I don't think they'd be able to turn the slow ship that is EU-regulations
            oh, EASILY
            the EU is basically germany
            and germany is basically 3 auto mfgs + a big ass industrial economy primarily built around them
            you manage to put the screws on merc/bmw/VAG and you can definitely get what you want

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it is really bad, cars get rejected by fail code in memory tier system humiliation

us imports probably have some sort of register plate of some euro accepted vehicle

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

doesnt russia get full sized trucks? cant you just drive one over from there?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why would anyone do that?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes.
            No.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

see picrel for what bullshit passes as "full size" here.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Even the GLS has to be a pain in the ass to park and drive there in most cities there. I could not imagine driving my suburban in europe. Hell i have seen people in NYC with full size SUVs, that looked like an unnecessary hassle

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

In nyc they use full size suvs instead of limos

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

pedestrian killer bloatmobiles

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Registering a new full-size truck is possible in my country, but it might get quite expensive. You have to pay tax based on the vehicle's efficiency when registering a new vehicle, and then a yearly tax based on either its CO2 g/km or the vehicle's loaded weight, depending on whether it uses gasoline or something else.
        The taxes scale non-linearly and the scale is based on what's considered a reasonable-sized vehicle for its purpose, so registering a full size truck as a passenger vehicle can get very expensive. If it produces 3x the emissions compared to a tiny hybrid hatchback, its purchase-time tax might be more than 50% instead of 5% or so. I think the VAT stacks on top of that, so a $50k truck might actually cost €100k here. The yearly road tax is also going to be like 5x that of a compact car, though maybe that's not a concern for anyone who would consider buying a vehicle like that (and can afford the fuel).
        The weather here can also get pretty nasty, so a van is generally a better option for moving stuff that you don't want to soak in snow, water and road salt.
        So for various reasons, nobody's going to "daily" a truck, unless their daily driving largely consists of hauling firewood, construction supplies or some other shit like that.
        At least small cars are more fun to drive without fat ass truggs everywhere.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on the place. In iceland they were very very common... Probably not anywhere else

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Here in Finland there are lots of old american cars. I saw several today in traffic. And I own an F150 myself.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

American car scene is really big in nordic countries.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I mostly see RAMs usually driven by a manlet in a flat brim cap

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

have to have truck license (CDL in US) for driving anything over 3500kg gross weight. Since all European roads are made to handle 12.4m buses by law (there are exceptions of course), navigating a big vehicle isn't the problem. There are jobs that require a bigass truck but its not common. There are vintage american cars tho.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Extremely rare, the only "american" cars you see semi often are the focus, fiesta and mondeo which are all made in Europe anyway

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I spot at least one daily, the coolest one recently was a late '60 Pontiac GTO on a highway at 5 in the morning
    t. Polack

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Obviously you see a lot of new models like Raptors, RAMs, Challys, and Mustangs but the most popular "classics" are GM vans and SUVs

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

niche, theres some certain dealerships are specialized for american imports. Customers are small business owners (construction, plumbing...), taxes are actually lower than in some cars because you need to register these as lightweight trucks due weight.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How common are USDM cars/trucks in Europe?
    Depends where you’re from
    >Germany-Austria (Grew up in both)
    Tons of US cars, remember back in the 90s that almost everyones mom had a US mini van.
    Chrysler built all the cars in Graz Austria at MAGNA STEYER, so you saw tons of Voyagers/Sebrings/LeBarons/Visions/300Ms/Intrepids/300Cs/Daytonas/Saratogas/Crossfires/Magnums/Durangos etc. in Austria and Germany.
    We had and still have Chrysler/Jeep and Chevy dealerships.
    Hell the first Gen Viper was sold as the Chrysler Viper here too, bunch for sale at my local dealership till the bank crash of '07.
    Then you had an enormous amount of Pontiacs on the road as well, because the Chevy but also the Opel (GM from 1927-2017) dealerships brought them in as well.
    The 3rd and 4th gen Firebirds are as common and cheap as an old Golf here, and almost every soccer mom had a Pontiac Transport.
    Hell they even sold the Pontiac Sunbird.
    And bigger Ford dealerships brought in a bunch of US Fords as well.
    My grandpa had a Foxbody Mustang and my dad drove a Taurus in the 90s.
    Shit, the parts were also easy to get and cheaper than Japanese crap.
    Oh yeah and Buicks were also sold at the Chevy/Opel dealers, hence the huge amount of LeSabres and Park Avenues.
    The RAMs/Dakotas only arrived in the mid 90s, but in big numbers.
    F-150s only started to be sold at Ford dealers in the 2000s or actually in the 2010s, same with Chevy trucks.
    Though Blazer/Trail Blazer/Tahoes/Suburnans and the GMC versions were sold new till the mid 2000s at GM dealers.
    Fun side note Opel while still part of GM had a special contract to import new Buicks that Chevy dealers in Europe didn’t have, my cousin worked at Opel and told me about that.
    Was funny seeing a Buick badged Opel Insignia or Mokka at the dealer.
    But the Buick Regal the last gen with the 3.6L AWD specs was 70k Euros, which was moronic.
    The owner of the Opel dealer bought it at the end for himself kek.
    I currently own a Lincoln that was imported.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I saw a slightly older ram 1500 when I drove through north central italy once, probably because there was a lot of farmland

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Construction company near me in rural Scotland has at least 3 of these F650 super truck things. Once yellow (pic related), one's black and one's painting the in Kilmarnock Football Club colours (light blue and white)
    There's also a F150 Harley Davidson edition I see most days and a newer RAM 3500 that parks at a different business on the same plot as my work.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Some scrawny little red faced guy drives a RAM 2500 the next village over.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Red face is a sign of alcohol abuse, makes sense he drives a RAM

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I seen quite a few USDM Volkswagens for some reason. also a fiat 500
    sometimes an infiniti.

Theres also a guy nearby that imports basically junkyard cars from california and then sells them for 5-10k without doing anything to them.
    Probably spends most his time doing meth.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Theres also a guy nearby that imports basically junkyard cars from california and then sells them for 5-10k without doing anything to them.
      >Probably spends most his time doing meth.
      most based man in yuroland.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek
      Sounds like the place near me. Sells absolute garbage for thousands of euros. Also regularly gets fined for passing vehicle inspection without actually inspecting anything. lol

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

shieeeet

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

not very common at all. its 50/50 as far as trucks and normal cars. no i dont count teslas as cars.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

50% is isn't common?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

half of the uncommon usdm cars are normal cars and the other half are trucks

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous
  16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not common. I don’t see them often but I do see them regularly. It’s always the same situation though. Ram 1500 (cheapest truck), truck is actually owned by the owners construction company (cheapest taxes), runs on propane (cheapest fuel).

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Europe has some interesting car scenes that involves americana.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sweden, probably more USDM per capita than the US.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

You do know these are available at the local EU Ford dealership, right?
    Same for the VW Amarok or Toyota Hilux & Land Cruiser

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These giant trucks must be a pain to park

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Eurobros, which brand of American truck seems to be the most popular/imported? Do people go with Fords because it's already an established brand there or does the "exotic" appeal of Ram interest people more?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Euros like rams. New ones cause they have hemis, and older ones cause they love those old boshe pumps on the diesels.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

There are european fords like ranger but most popular real american trucks sold in europe/ imported are RAMs its by far most popular next would be ford f150.

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Common and uncommon depending on how you view definition of usdm.
    Here in eastern europe its quite popular to buy a damaged car from usa, repair it and drive it so you will quire often see mercs and bmws that based on trunk/license plates and refletors on corners that these are USDM models even if they are german cars. On this technicality they are common.
    But if you mean like cars and trucks from big3 they arent common.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This pic says everything

https://i.imgur.com/YNTLozi.jpeg

niche, theres some certain dealerships are specialized for american imports. Customers are small business owners (construction, plumbing...), taxes are actually lower than in some cars because you need to register these as lightweight trucks due weight.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ford has Ford of Europe, so very few USDM cars from them, but you do see Mustangs and F-150s.
    GM had Opel/Vauxhall, while European Chevrolet was rebadged Daewoo's, to a point where some people actually taught Chevy was a Korean company. That aside, you do see some Cadillacs and 'vettes, but they are pretty rare.

As such, perhaps a bit unexpectedly, Chrysler had the biggest presence for their USDM models in European markets.
    Jeeps are Jeeps, pretty popular SUVs across the range.
    Caravans/Voyagers were very popular minivans, second only to VW Sharans maybe.
    Neon and Sebrings are relatively common.
    RAMs are probably the most popular American style truck over here, though I haven't seem them used as commercial vehicles.
    Challengers are also surprisingly common, to a point where depending on where you are, there might be more of them around than Mustangs.

I would say that for US carmakers selling USDM in Europe it goes
    >Dodge
    >powergap
    >Ford
    >powergap
    >powergap
    >powergap
    >GM

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not super rare but also not super common. Though whenever I see a USDM truck parked in a city I can see why, shit's just impractical on European roads, unless you live in a rural area where it would make more sense, but no one ever gets these for real work. So from a practicality standpoint, smaller pick-ups like a 90's Hilux, station wagons, minibuses like the Volkswagen T4 or regular vans are more popular when people need something to haul shit with.

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

barely
    did saw a silverado diesel a couple years ago

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *