How did people park before backup cameras?

How did people park before backup cameras?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

back then you could see out of your windows

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Fair

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i drove few 2020+ cars and their visibility is so fricking dogshit, not just the rear, front and sides too
      i dont understand why car makers are so moronic

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

govt regulations requiring ALL the airbags and crash protection etc.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Spatial awareness and mirrors, if they couldn't see out the back.

Back cameras are pretty useless if you already have the skill to back up, and the sense to check behind the vehicle before backing up. The only reason they are a mandate is because a woman who backed over and killed her kid.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It was a man, the woman didn't watch her kid and let him go out the front door while she was talking to the babysitter.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Back cameras are pretty useless if you already have the skill to back up,
      i remember being annoyed at them. then i remembered i have spatial awareness and i just look at the screen to make sure something doesn't get in the way.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>mirrors
    T. box van driver

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Skinny little roof pillars, low "belt line" means larger windows, glass everywhere, excellent visibility.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Rearview Mirrors
    >We'll get you some and I'll teach you, if you want

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There's a whole technique for it, for both bay and parallel parking, which I've largely forgotten because the reverse camera I installed on my car just tells me where to point it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

reverse parking for me is just to start turning when the rear wheels/bumper arr past the first car that im gonna park beside, depending on how much room is available.
      parallel park is reverse and turn wheel until passenger headlight of car behind is visible in the driver side mirror. then turn wheel back once the front car's licence plate is in the middle (although this msy differ depending on your vehicle) of the driver's window.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

very carefully

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>did
    I still park with side mirrors only because my van doesn't have rear windscreen.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ive never driven a car with a backup camera in my life. I don't back into parking spots though lol.
    Not that im opposed to this feature. Maybe my next car will have

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's safer for everyone involved if you learn to frickiing park properly

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>How did people park before backup cameras?
    many people barely could honestly

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I know it's a sample size of 1, but it genuinely feels to me like, in the past couple of years, there are fewer people just randomly reversing out of their parking spots right in front of my car. It used to be a real issue with those diagonal parking spots you have to reverse out of, into incoming traffic.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

People are more careful now because new cars deploy airbags from a 5mph hit, which insurance sees and writes off as a total loss

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

IME, a backup camera does give a better view down the aisle before you start moving. Especially when you've got a pickup or something like that on the side the traffic is coming from.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

for those angled spots they really need to teach people to use the blinker that's closest to the middle of the road since it's the first bit of the car oncoming vehicles will see.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i just throw on my hazards as im backing out

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Any idea why that isn't used by default? I remember back in the day, when car alarms used to be common, hazards when reversing was a standard mod at installation. My folks' shitheap Daewoo Cielo had that. Never figured out why that wasn't adopted by automakers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What's thefricking point when you have reverse lights?

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you let jesus take the wheel
    duh
    i bet you believe your car evolved from monkeys too

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Daily reminder these were mandated by a woman, because of a single instance where a family outright murdered their daughter because of their own stupidity

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>something bad happen
      >we need news laws to steal more of people's dwindling money and freedoms

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

*new

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>pull back an inch
    >get out walk around the car and check
    >pull back another inch
    >get out walk around the car and check
    >...
    >repeat 50 times

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

cars are fat as frick now
    I hate big cars, Ill always enjoy something compact with good handling, the bonus in it, is that I get to back into parking spaces or parallel park in less than 1.5 seconds

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

by not being moronic

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Never going back to hitching up a trailer without a backup camera. No your lying ass isn't lining up the ball on the first try with no spotter

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I know how to drive and have a Class A, so yeah, I fricking will, 100% of the time

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No you won't you lying homosexual

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I will though? Have you backed into a dark covered dark in Chicago meant for a time when trailers were only 48' long with a full sleeper?
          Don't be moronic, learn to drive

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Backing up a trailer and lining up the ball are 2 different things, you illiterate homosexual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No, they're not. It's all imagining a space you can't ''''see''', Black person
            Skill issue, get gud, don't be a fricking Black person

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i just get it close enough and lower the trailer so that it's sitting on the ball and then give the tongue a good kick in the direction it needs to go and then it falls on the ball.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I find it easier to park in reverse than forward

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Zoomer detected

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

beep....beep....beep...beep..beep.beep.bEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>MISSILE
      >MISSILE
      >MISSILE

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>PULL UP
        >PULL UP

>TOO LOW TERRAIN
        >TOO LOW TERRAIN

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>OVER G
          >OVER G
          >OVER G
          >OVER G

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

<<It's time>>

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I always say "we lost the patient" when I get the constant beep and pull up and it always lands well. Or maybe I'm just being humored.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

By not being moronic.
    >t. 5 vehicles, zero backup cameras

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

spatial awareness

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

By reversing into your mom.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They used cars mirrors, some even turned their heads to directly look through rear windows. If I was a law maker I would have made law that requires all cars rear view mirror to be at least 300millimeters wide. No mandatory reversing camera.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>some even turned their heads to directly look through rear windows.
      Only morons do this. Your mirrors are enough

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>mirrors
        I prefer to turn my head but some vehicles like my truck are so tall you can't see thing thing you are backing up to over the tailgate

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

So you prefer to drive the more dangerous moronic way?

>only morons turn their head to look directly through rear windows.
          Not. If you truly had ever experienced driving in harsher conditions like snow rain, fog, salt belt areas where there are lots of big rigs and opposite traffic lanes next to your lane where dirt is picked up by tires of big rigs then dirt flies to your car. Then later at your destination there has been occasionally situations where car side mirrors and rear window(with rear window frozen stuck) had too much snow/ice or dirt making it impossible to see anything from the side mirrors and rear window, so driver had to turn head to look through rear side windows while reversing the car.

I have a Class A CDL, what the frick are you talking about moron?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I can see better out of the back window than I can with side view mirrors

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

First of all, no you can't, second of all, skill issue

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>only morons turn their head to look directly through rear windows.
        Not. If you truly had ever experienced driving in harsher conditions like snow rain, fog, salt belt areas where there are lots of big rigs and opposite traffic lanes next to your lane where dirt is picked up by tires of big rigs then dirt flies to your car. Then later at your destination there has been occasionally situations where car side mirrors and rear window(with rear window frozen stuck) had too much snow/ice or dirt making it impossible to see anything from the side mirrors and rear window, so driver had to turn head to look through rear side windows while reversing the car.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No one was geh back then. Now because everyone is, they need fricking cameras to park.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How do people park with that poverty size screen and static lines?

My car has an 11inch screen with wideangle rear camera and the parking lines show you the trajectory of your turn

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

God gave us eyes and three mirrors

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

We used these mirrors sometimes.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Neat, any idea what they're called? Would be a great low tech upgrade for my van.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

if you have a hiace, the official name is MIRROR ASSY, OUTER UNDER REAR VIEW and the part number is 87950-26050 (for 2010-2013 models)
        or just look up 'van tailgate mirror'

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Cheers, I hope i can find something about it. I just can't stand cameras and digital screens, they're dominating enough in every day life, so this is just rad.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I still do the old method where you twist your whole body to look behind you. It lets me touch and be super close who every is in my car like the coworker I drive to work 🙂

she thinks i'm just backing up but i'm actually smelling her and she thinks it's normal.

i'm planning on reaching for her boobs instead and pretend it was an accdient in a few days

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Don't do that, just ask her to join you for dinner on the drive home
      If you only pick her up on the way in ask her to join you for a coffee

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

we eat lunch and sometimes burgers after work. not sure if she's go for dinner. sorry buddy I'm still doing boob grab though to make 100% sure she likes me.

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

use side mirrors and go slow.

t. I drive picrel without rear glass or a camera.

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because cars weren't gargantuan sized and you could actually see out of them,also people had working brains

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

how do truck driver drive, maneuver, turn?
    we can drive a anon. that is all.

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

back up camera is useless.
    360 camera is better, and sound sensors all around is best.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Yes goy, yes! Buy the 3000$ option and never be able to park without it!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It comes handy in tight spots, when getting out from parking.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is this government mandated to stop BMW drivers from parking over two spots?

33. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

tesla is the only good one
    all these other companies have all this warping and shit that is garbage at times

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

KYS shill
      you will never own a real car

34. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a backup camera on my car but I never trusted it... I don't even use it. Just the other day I was parked at a local plaza getting some food. Parking spaces are set up so there is one way traffic through each lane.. but people are frickin moronic of course and will drive the wrong way. I'm slowly backing up and some butthole just blasts by me at the last second. The camera didn't even engage or recognize it. The only thing that saves you from accidents is being 100% cautious otherwise you get lazy.

35. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

moving a car around without dying used to require skill

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *