Cruise
    Sip non-caffeinated beverages
    Lower stress
    Lower cortisol
    Lower blood pressure
    Lower diabetus
    Lower heart rate
    Be a life enjoyer not a life hater

And make your wife proud every single day do not disappoint her with foolish road rage

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why isn't the Latinx girl morbidly obese?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

She's only on her 3rd of 7 children

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just drive more. Some tips:

1. Go find a decent straight backroad and floor it... Once you've felt 70mph+ everything feels simpler at lower speeds (my coach did this my very first lesson and it helped immensely)

2. Realise on most settings if you're driving at a sensible speed you're unlikely to have a bad crash unless someone is being insane - any error on your part can be mitigated by you and the other driver who is also hopefully driving sensibly (most drivers are so you have a statistical advantage in there respect).

3. Don't care about other drivers especially those behind you. Let them overtake if you need to but otherwise just ignore them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Don't care about other drivers especially those behind you. Let them overtake if you need to but otherwise just ignore them
      this
      spirited driving is for tracks and empty roads
      dont be late to places by setting off early, instead of have a just get there faster bug mindset

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is good advice - to an extent.

Go try to have fun driving (safely), anon. Driving is a lot easier when you're enjoying it.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You literally have to drive with more confidence. Road anxiety comes from the fact that when you crash a car, you think you've destroyed something that's worth a lot to you and to others. Also, cops who might be waiting for you to speed increase anxiety.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hey Anon, I had some major road anxiety when switching to manual from automatic fulltime.

It felt like I couldn't go anywhere, and I made a huge mistake. It was to the point where I would wake up in the middle of the night stressing on how I could get to work.

I didn't get over my anxiety until I decided I was just going to return the car to the dealership; I felt so stupid. That was enough pressure relieved from me though, I figured I might as well practice manual while I still had the car, and it was a night in day difference. I wasn't stressed or anxious at all anymore, and I could just focus driving, not worrying about getting to work or what other traffic around me was thinking.

I kept my car. That was 8 months and 3500 miles ago, I love driving, I look forward to it every morning.

I know this /blog might not directly be useful, as most of the best advice really is "just drive more", but hopefully it gives you a boost through solidarity.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

For me, I've always been anxious about thinking random shit is wrong with my car.
      Every sound, smell, wisp of smoke, that looks unusual, I immediately think the worst, that I got scammed from a used car dealer and bought an un-driveable piece of shit.
      I do have to make a 1,500 mile road trip soon, so my car does have to be in good shape.

I never had anxiety personally when learning manual. Not that I was good at it from the start (or still am), but I just think to myself how I'm a better human being than everyone who watches me slowly get up to speed or even stall at an intersection. Having some real or fake ego can help with anxiety. Not so much that you're a dangerous driver though.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This, kinda.
        >every mile driven is another mile of wear and tear
        >guess I won't drive then!

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

don't be gay

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i overcame by driving more and more

here it goes long text. hope my experience helps.

with me it was weird. i had full confidence driving 90mph on hilly curvy two lane roads overtaking 18 wheelers, but panicked at city driving, especially the ones with lots of cars and tight roads

couldnt drive crap on the city. stalled every single time the light was green pissing off people behind. tried an automatic once and almost crashed the test drive car on a truck while merging on the freeway. i was always afraid of crashing while merging, afraid of fines (my town has alot of those speed cameras literally every 1/8 of a mile, that would suddenly change from 40 to 25 without any warning at all other than waze, which btw doesnt report me the speed cameras ahead because they are so close to each other the app just bugs itself and stops reporting after the 1st camera), and afraid of parking and hitting the other car or hitting the curb/wall. city was hell for me and the road driving was so much more pleasant, it was just me and the road.

the only times i was fined and the only time i had an accident though were when i was tired. it really does something else on yor reflexes. what helped me in the city driving was using higher revs and lower gear, contrary of what i was told to, to always shift at 2-3k rpm, which made the car slow and unresponsive. also learned that i could brake the speed all the way down to 10 without having to downshift and that would not stall my car (although downshifting helps braking in an emergency) and that i could shift all the way from 5th directly to 2nd without shifting to 4th and 3rd first (given the speed is low enough ofc. cars manual has all the max speeds for each gear, and revving up to the max each gear on the road to know your car limits helps alot too). training parking on an empty parking lot helped me alot too.

beamng with the mouse as steering wheel helps alot too

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Learn to put anxiety in the back seat and ignore it when you get out so it overheats and dies like an infant in a hot car.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm working on that right now. Driving more does help and I recommend it fully. Exposing yourself to your stressor and working through it can help you to adapt and overcome the problem. Easier said than done of course.
    There is a psychological aspect that gets me a lot though. Riding with certain family members that put you down when making mistakes has made me wanna stop driving so try to avoid that. Also angry folks on the road, embarrassment from not knowing how to handle a certain situation, etc. is sadly less avoidable but you can pick times with less traffic to ease the burden. And you're always learning. It's okay to make mistakes but I understand that driving is dangerous so it feels a whole lot worse. Do your best to keep you and everyone else on the road safe. If you didn't crash then you didn't mess up (maybe not the best mindset but it helps me some).
    I've been playing a ton of driving games too which has been therapeutic for my driving anxiety. The truck simulator games are helpful. I like to think about how I'd handle certain situations in real life and pretend I'm really doing it. There's also beamng and whatnot which are good too for practicing following traffic laws and all.
    A gamepad is fine for the game stuff. Not as fun as a wheel but it'll do.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

One of the best rules to follow on the road to help with this is to be predictable.
    Drive like the other drivers expect you to. Use your turn signals early and often.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

become the butthole on the road. make other peons nervous around YOU

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

nta ntop
    >used to be a pro driver with years of experience
    >gradually started to lose trust in other drivers
    >developed anxiety and stopped driving for almost a decade
    >just now getting back into it
    >feels weird because all the confidence i used to have driving is gone
    I feel theres also a sign of the times factor, theres blatantly more shit drivers in the road

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>nta ntop
      go back

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Drive a luxury car that makes people nervous to get in a wreck with you, or a minivan, or a big truck.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is this an AI farming post? Why is this post happening again

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Grow the frick up.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

have a little drink, maybe some weed to calm your nerves

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

devote yourself to the Prince of Peace, our Lord Jesus Christ